Is this team worse than last year??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Is this team worse than last year??

Is it? I say yes and it starts with the draft!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Is this team worse than last year??

So, which rock you slide over to see daylight?  Team is 5 - 2 and the two losses are on the road against teams with winning records.  Were you expecting 7 - 0?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Is this team worse than last year??:
    [QUOTE]Is it? I say yes and it starts with the draft!!!
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

A carefully thought out, articulate argument you put forth here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Let's look at some recent draft picks:

Good:
    Ron Gronkowski - One of the best overall TEs in the NFL in only his 2nd year.

Aaron Hernendez - Steal in the 4th round, dynamic player, good become the best pass catching TE in the NFL.

Nate Solder - Has been a very pleasant surprise, being forced into action with no offseason and playing very well, should be a starting Tackle for the next decade.

Pat Chung - Has been the bright spot in the secondary so far this year, hard hitting guy that plays with heart, reminds me at times of Rodney.

Jerod Mayo - Led team in tackles twice in his first three seasons. Makes plays all over the field with great speed and awareness.

The Jury is Still Out:

Devin McCourty - Had an outstanding rookie year but has been shaky so far this year. Has played better in recent weeks.

Brandon Spikes - Makes plays when he is on the field, but needs to stay out of trouble.

Stevan Ridley - Has shown a lot of promise against shaky defenses, needs to prove it against a good team, the Jets silenced him early on in that game.

Ras I Dowling - Surpirse starter that unfortunately landed on IR. Has a great physical build, if he can just stay healthy he should be a good pick.

The Bad:

Brandon Meriweather - The occasional INT, mixed in with countless boneheaded plays.

Darius Butler - Showed promise his rookie year, then completely fell apart.

Terrence Wheatley - Could never stay on the field.

Jermaine Cunningham - Has been a non-factor this year, did little last year.

Jake Ingram - I know he's a LS, but if you are going to onvest a draft pick in one, you should get at least 5+ years out of him. Great rookie year, botched snap after snap in his 2nd year.

Brandon Tate - Has great speed but struggled to get on the same page with Brady, was rarely in the right place....but hey I suppose he did do more then Ocho has so far.

The Ugly:

Shawn Crable - Need I say more?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Screw the season. Cancel it since we already know they are worse than last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I am giving up and jumping off the bandwagon....I will jump back on during the 2012 draft.....Jump back off again during preseason when they go 1-3.....And jumping back on before the 1st game of the regular season....Jump back off after their first regular season loss in 2012....And jumping back on when they make they playoffs after the 2012 regular season!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Is this team worse than last year??:
    [QUOTE]Is it? I say yes and it starts with the draft!!!
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

How did the draft make us worse?  I can understand how it can in theory not make you better, but I don't see the logic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i say better. 

currently the same bad d. could get worse if CBs fall apart. could improve haynesworth and brace show up.

the o should be much better. they have a better rb corps. they need to commit to the running game more. cannon could provide more power up front. and i am still holding my breath for a deep threat in either slater or price.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Nah, the Pats have a dline this year that generates decent pressure and is stout in the running game.

This secondary is the worst we have seen in quite sometime.

TB is not as accurate but he's back to human.

This team should have made a play at Nnamdi.... and rumors said they did but, but i wounder how serious they were.

I really wish they build some continuity in their secondary.. that's whyat I was hoping for with McCourthy, Arrington, and Bodden with Ras I giving some good young depth.  That plan hit the fan unfortunately.

But it is clear that this team is much better if you ask me....

There is a better running game... need to get Ridley more touches when BJGE can't get it going.

The Dline continues to improve their pass rush and has been solid in run support.

I like the group of LB's when they run a 4-3....

The secondary needs much work... just as last year but McCourty has not played well which makes everything look that much worse. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I can´t believe you guys. You are spoiled and some of you simple don´t know anything about SPORTS IN GENERAL, NOT ONLY FOOTBALL.

Winning is hard... winning on the road is harder, winnin to an elite opponent on the road es even harder. 

And wait i am pretty sure we are gonna loose 1 of the next two games, i just hope the team plays good football, get healthier, and start developing a good attitude and compromise for the second part of the season.

Mark my words: 6-3  then 6-1 to a 12-4 final. first on AFC east and 2 in AFC.

We don´t need more impressive regular seasons, we need a team that peek at the right time. We need a healthy team at the end, we need to get our confidence back on defense and offense, and believe me, denver, colts, redskins and miami are gonna make us fell very very good.

The offense is having a bad month... yes, but why ??  look at the opposing Defenses and their coordinators...Ryan, Ryan, Lebau, NYG, Ryan... IN CONSECUTIVE WEEKS.

Don´t get the wrong, this team is playing REGULAR football, sometimes BAD football. Our Defense is a joke sometimes, there is a lot of room for improvement, but it can be done. we are not even at half way...

Go pats !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I am happy to be worse in the regular season as long as they are better in the playoffs!!!! At this stage with this defense it isn't looking good. BB really needs to earn his title as defensive genius to turn that group around.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Uh, worse?  No.  Move on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

I dont think so. This team is better then last years. What we are suffering from is a case of perspective, at the end of last year we had 2 of the top 5 tight ends in the league, Law firm just ran for 1k yards(a patriots first in a long time!) brady had just throw 2 interceptions and 30+ TDs. We kind of crested a bit last year, which gave this year a lot of really high expectations, which we have fallen short on a little bit.

I think we expected a larger improvement from a few of the parts then what we have seen and that makes us THINK they are worse, which isnt the case at all.

We expect excellence and we only recieve greatness its all sour milk. We still have a superbowl caliber team, we just need better game plans and adjustments.

Sections
Shortcuts