IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?

Its been a nice run fellow boston fans but me thinks the peak days are OVER for now. the sox linda lovelace-like choke job last night signals a major shift of fate going forward. the pats havent won anything since 2004 and have grown progressively softer to the point where even the raiders are going to run wild all over them and treat them like a $2 street hore this weekend. the sox.. need i say more. yesterday and this month speaks volumes. we likely are going to lose all the stability and intellectual capital of the past few years as heads will roll and a new philosophy will likely be implemented going forward. its funny how much the yanks this year remind me of the old sawx and how we looked worse than the old big-spending low-return corporate yanks. 

the bruins? last year was a feel-good story. they should be competitive but hockey is tough to repeat in and we are just one tim thomas concussion away from falling to mediocre staus. they wont sneak up on anyone this year. of all the boston team, they are the best positioned though to continue their run and the championship tradition. the celtics? oh my! they are in the WORSE position pf all the boston teams. who knows how long the lockout will go on and none of those guys are getting any younger or better? 

in many ways, what made all 4 teams great is exactly what is making them decline. first of other teams are are emulating everything we did best and are always in the process of hiring or poaching one of our coaches or front office guys, and trying to duplicate the winning principles and strategies. but there has also been a de facto arrogance (to be expected) that has set in. these guys were generally viewed as the smartest guys in the room and willing to make the tough decisions. with that bar set so high, they have all tried to top themselves at the expense of grasping or balancing the relational and passion aspects. 

look at the celtics last year in the kendrick jabbar-chamberlain perkins trade. he wasnt a great talent but brought in tangibles of passion and chemistry that no computer could ever appreciate, which clearly contributed not only to wins but tough attrtional wins! look at the pats, that seymour trade still haunts us. every old guy like a bruschi swears by him and his legit toughness, leadership and how he kept the ship together both on and off the field. that's a guy you pay the big $ tooand keep at all costs. no X and O can ever duplicate him... period! with the sox, the arrogance was with the johnny damon disrepectful offer, the indifference to guys like adrian beltre and jason bay (tough guys who proved they could handle the high pressure boston market) but gungho about computer-loving softies like edgar renteria, julio lugo, JD drew, on and on. 

its nice to have and keep the smarts and the computer coldness but its better to NEVER ignore the value of a blue-collar work ethic , impassioned chemistry and to always remember that the game is ultimately played by HUMANS not robots or computers! this PRESENT run is over. pats, celts and bruins arent going anywhere, just like the sawx anytime soon and not with the present strategic approaches. in 5 years, we could regain  the mojo and start another dynasty, but hey let's enjoy the ride anyways.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: IS THIS THE END OF THE BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?

Regardless of how you feel, how many cities can claim a streak like Boston has had.  Whether it is ending or not, could another city/region replicate such a 10 year stretch?

You can move out of the region now and find another one to cry, and decry, about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

In Response to Re: IS THIS THE END OF THE BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?:
    Regardless of how you feel, how many cities can claim a streak like Boston has had.  Whether it is ending or not, could another city/region replicate such a 10 year stretch? You can move out of the region now and find another one to cry, and decry, about.
    Posted by agcsbill

Talk about a stupid post.  One team wins a championship THIS YEAR and you saying it could be over?  The only team that's in verifiable rough spot is the Celtics.  Calm down and enjoy the run that the Boston sports teams are on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: IS THIS THE END OF THE BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY? : Talk about a stupid post.  One team wins a championship THIS YEAR and you saying it could be over?  The only team that's in verifiable rough spot is the Celtics.  Calm down and enjoy the run that the Boston sports teams are on.
    Posted by sbruce9

Don't get your response to my post..  I didn't say anything about a streak ending.  Commenting on CCs post and he can move to another region so he can enjoy their streak!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?

It's cycle time the Patriots are the big enchalada winner this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from amun. Show amun's posts

BoSox are built to be very good for the next 3-4 years. Injuries derailed the season and they need a new manager.

Celts are in deep doo-doo, and really need to start rebuilding or pull a miami heat. the big three are done.

Bruins are good for another 3-4 years as well. good youth and goalie that could play into his 50's. no worries there.

Pats are the team to beat every dam year till TB hangs it up.

So...NO the run is not over.

Revs.....well.....4/5 ain't bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This kind of speculation accomplishes precisely what?  So the Sox tanked?  I'm not happy about it but I'm not seeing substantial pieces of the sky tumbling down either. 

I agree w/amun's post with the possible exception of replacing the manager.  If anyone needs to go it's Theo.  Of course, if he goes Tito will probably go as well.

Celts have some serious age issues.  A rebuild is in order.

Like the Bruins chances again next year.

BB and TB are gonna keep the Pats train on the track for a bit longer.

No comment on the Revs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Red Sox are still stacked.
    Bruins look poised.
    Pats are rebuilt but can use more pieces, and they still have BB and TB.
    Celtics are in good position for the FA frenzy next year, so that will determine their rebuilding process.

All in all.... I see 3 playoff teams for the next 4-5 years minus the C's....

Can't complain. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

This was a better thread when you posted it in the Bruins, Redsox and Celtics forums.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

In Response to Re: IS THIS THE END OF THE BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY? : Don't get your response to my post..  I didn't say anything about a streak ending.  Commenting on CCs post and he can move to another region so he can enjoy their streak!
    Posted by agcsbill

I replied to the wrong post.  I was commenting on CC's post .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?:
    Its been a nice run fellow boston fans but me thinks the peak days are OVER for now. the sox linda lovelace-like choke job last night signals a major shift of fate going forward. the pats havent won anything since 2004 and have grown progressively softer to the point where even the raiders are going to run wild all over them and treat them like a $2 street hore this weekend. the sox.. need i say more. yesterday and this month speaks volumes. we likely are going to lose all the stability and intellectual capital of the past few years as heads will roll and a new philosophy will likely be implemented going forward. its funny how much the yanks this year remind me of the old sawx and how we looked worse than the old big-spending low-return corporate yanks.  the bruins? last year was a feel-good story. they should be competitive but hockey is tough to repeat in and we are just one tim thomas concussion away from falling to mediocre staus. they wont sneak up on anyone this year. of all the boston team, they are the best positioned though to continue their run and the championship tradition. the celtics? oh my! they are in the WORSE position pf all the boston teams. who knows how long the lockout will go on and none of those guys are getting any younger or better?  in many ways, what made all 4 teams great is exactly what is making them decline. first of other teams are are emulating everything we did best and are always in the process of hiring or poaching one of our coaches or front office guys, and trying to duplicate the winning principles and strategies. but there has also been a de facto arrogance (to be expected) that has set in. these guys were generally viewed as the smartest guys in the room and willing to make the tough decisions. with that bar set so high, they have all tried to top themselves at the expense of grasping or balancing the relational and passion aspects.  look at the celtics last year in the kendrick jabbar-chamberlain perkins trade. he wasnt a great talent but brought in tangibles of passion and chemistry that no computer could ever appreciate, which clearly contributed not only to wins but tough attrtional wins! look at the pats, that seymour trade still haunts us. every old guy like a bruschi swears by him and his legit toughness, leadership and how he kept the ship together both on and off the field. that's a guy you pay the big $ tooand keep at all costs. no X and O can ever duplicate him... period! with the sox, the arrogance was with the johnny damon disrepectful offer, the indifference to guys like adrian beltre and jason bay (tough guys who proved they could handle the high pressure boston market) but gungho about computer-loving softies like edgar renteria, julio lugo, JD drew, on and on.  its nice to have and keep the smarts and the computer coldness but its better to NEVER ignore the value of a blue-collar work ethic , impassioned chemistry and to always remember that the game is ultimately played by HUMANS not robots or computers! this PRESENT run is over. pats, celts and bruins arent going anywhere, just like the sawx anytime soon and not with the present strategic approaches. in 5 years, we could regain  the mojo and start another dynasty, but hey let's enjoy the ride anyways.  
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

CC.... Get lost

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Is CC a New England/ Boston hater pretending to be fan? He always is posting some negative crap.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The dimensions of Fenway Park, with the wall, help to determine the fate of the Sox. 

Too many Red Sox games are 12 run to 11 run slugfests.  The Sox get more injured players because they have more plays over a season than any other team's starters, and they throw more pitches too. 

Also the Sox go for .400 hitters like Wade Boggs, who was perfect for Fenway, and of course Ted Williams who was the last genuine .400 hitter.  He wins games here.  The Sox tend to let other teams get fireballers, home run freaks, base stealers and defensive experts.  As a result the Sox have hit .525 over the last hundred years or so, which is great, and often enough they make the playoffs, but come September they're often injured from overwork, and on top of that they don't have the types of players that win World Series.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Sorry CC , but this is just another useless , pointless thread. How in the world can you even look yourself in the mirror after comparing Brady to Luongo , saying James will be better than 23 , LOL saying fukin Daniel Bard is going to the HOF. LMF AO @ CC , don't you have any shame?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

The Sky is Falling  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

No.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In Response to Re: IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?:
    Is CC a New England/ Boston hater pretending to be fan? He always is posting some negative crap.
    Posted by csylvia79

That's what I'm thinking.  I never see this guy post a positive comment.  He's a troll who posted that we would lose to the Bills this past weekend because they cut Dan Gronkowski.  He's the 7 year old who wants attention from mommy and daddy when his new baby sister is born.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In Response to Re: IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?:
    In Response to Re: IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY? : That's what I'm thinking.  I never see this guy post a positive comment.  He's a troll who posted that we would lose to the Bills this past weekend because they cut Dan Gronkowski.  He's the 7 year old who wants attention from mommy and daddy when his new baby sister is born.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats

LOL...

At least the guys who are trolls don't pretend to be anything else and sometime actually cause some funny or interesting threads. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: IS THIS THE END OF THE BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY? : Talk about a stupid post.  One team wins a championship THIS YEAR and you saying it could be over?  The only team that's in verifiable rough spot is the Celtics.  Calm down and enjoy the run that the Boston sports teams are on.
    Posted by sbruce9

and even they have a puncher's shot at one more

don't feed cc's need for attention

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In Response to IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?:
    Its been a nice run fellow boston fans but me thinks the peak days are OVER for now. the sox linda lovelace-like choke job last night signals a major shift of fate going forward. the pats havent won anything since 2004 and have grown progressively softer to the point where even the raiders are going to run wild all over them and treat them like a $2 street hore this weekend. the sox.. need i say more. yesterday and this month speaks volumes. we likely are going to lose all the stability and intellectual capital of the past few years as heads will roll and a new philosophy will likely be implemented going forward. its funny how much the yanks this year remind me of the old sawx and how we looked worse than the old big-spending low-return corporate yanks.  the bruins? last year was a feel-good story. they should be competitive but hockey is tough to repeat in and we are just one tim thomas concussion away from falling to mediocre staus. they wont sneak up on anyone this year. of all the boston team, they are the best positioned though to continue their run and the championship tradition. the celtics? oh my! they are in the WORSE position pf all the boston teams. who knows how long the lockout will go on and none of those guys are getting any younger or better?  in many ways, what made all 4 teams great is exactly what is making them decline. first of other teams are are emulating everything we did best and are always in the process of hiring or poaching one of our coaches or front office guys, and trying to duplicate the winning principles and strategies. but there has also been a de facto arrogance (to be expected) that has set in. these guys were generally viewed as the smartest guys in the room and willing to make the tough decisions. with that bar set so high, they have all tried to top themselves at the expense of grasping or balancing the relational and passion aspects.  look at the celtics last year in the kendrick jabbar-chamberlain perkins trade. he wasnt a great talent but brought in tangibles of passion and chemistry that no computer could ever appreciate, which clearly contributed not only to wins but tough attrtional wins! look at the pats, that seymour trade still haunts us. every old guy like a bruschi swears by him and his legit toughness, leadership and how he kept the ship together both on and off the field. that's a guy you pay the big $ tooand keep at all costs. no X and O can ever duplicate him... period! with the sox, the arrogance was with the johnny damon disrepectful offer, the indifference to guys like adrian beltre and jason bay (tough guys who proved they could handle the high pressure boston market) but gungho about computer-loving softies like edgar renteria, julio lugo, JD drew, on and on.  its nice to have and keep the smarts and the computer coldness but its better to NEVER ignore the value of a blue-collar work ethic , impassioned chemistry and to always remember that the game is ultimately played by HUMANS not robots or computers! this PRESENT run is over. pats, celts and bruins arent going anywhere, just like the sawx anytime soon and not with the present strategic approaches. in 5 years, we could regain  the mojo and start another dynasty, but hey let's enjoy the ride anyways.  
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

You confuse verbosity with insight.  Stop doing it.  

Sections
Shortcuts