Is this the forum for the blind Patriots fans?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Is this the forum for the blind Patriots fans?

I know the pats are going to win it all this year---and they just may do this simply because they have Brady. I think I may have mistakenly joined the wrong forum. Is the the Pats forum for the blind? Because the Passing Defense that I've been watching over the past 2+ years is very OFFENSIVE. Can anyone on this forum say honestly that they think this Pass D is not Horrid?--Heck- Chad Henne and the powerful Jaguars Offense just threw for like 360 yards or something. When the playoffs arrive and Brady can't put up 30-40 points is there a fan out there that really believes this D will stop a Manning or Rodgers or Henne. The passing D for the Pats has made many an average QB over the years look Hall bound!  They say the first sign of recovery is to see things as they are--are we as fans seeing what is real or pretending it doesn't exist. And I'm not talking about rooting for your team and wishing them wins--we all do that - but at some point we have to admit the Pats DBacks SUK!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Is this the forum for the blind Patriots fans?

There's no way this teamcould ever beat a team with Manning or Schaub as QB.  Except for when they did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's no way this teamcould ever beat a team with Manning or Schaub as QB.  Except for when they did.

[/QUOTE]

The wise words of Shennanigan speaketh again in philosophical overtones of self - brilliance. This time you speak in a funny inverted kind of way OBE Wan KNOWBE!!!! Regular season does not convert over to the playoffs, Ole Wise One-what gives? You know this already.A regular season win does not always translate into a Playoff win--your use of words baffles me--is this some new form of word speak that I have not heard of?  You must teach me this new system you have mastered!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know the pats are going to win it all this year---and they just may do this simply because they have Brady. I think I may have mistakenly joined the wrong forum. Is the the Pats forum for the blind? Because the Passing Defense that I've been watching over the past 2+ years is very OFFENSIVE. Can anyone on this forum say honestly that they think this Pass D is not Horrid?--Heck- Chad Henne and the powerful Jaguars Offense just threw for like 360 yards or something. When the playoffs arrive and Brady can't put up 30-40 points is there a fan out there that really believes this D will stop a Manning or Rodgers or Henne. The passing D for the Pats has made many an average QB over the years look Hall bound!  They say the first sign of recovery is to see things as they are--are we as fans seeing what is real or pretending it doesn't exist. And I'm not talking about rooting for your team and wishing them wins--we all do that - but at some point we have to admit the Pats DBacks SUK!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

How many point's did the Jags score? Last I checked they arrive at the winner of the game based on which team scores the most points. Not sure you've watched the last few weeks but this defense is improved is it good enough? We'll see that's why we pllay the games...

Listen my man, I get the sense that you're trolling for a bite...I don't think anyone with even a little football knowledge on this forum thinks that the Patriots have the best defense in the NFL...News flash they didn't last year either and if not for the errant pass by Brady and the drop by Welker. We likely would have won the Superbowl last year and in 2008 it took one of the greatest catches in Superbowl history on a 4th and a prayer where Manning escaped the grasp of the legend that is Teddy Bruschi a play that had we sacked him or if Harrsion had gone for the ball instead of the tackle we take on and kneal on it...that's how close this team is to having won 5 rings.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

I think I may have mistakenly joined the wrong forum.

[/QUOTE]

I agree...this board seems to make you so miserable, don't let the door hit you in the a s s Mr Unhappy.....Now go home and yell at your kids and kick the dog. Maybe you should change your name to "jimmytantrum"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Dennard and Talib not being healthy is the direct result. Its pretty obvious plus McCourty back at Cb. We need a bye to get healthy and thats still possible and no im not delusional. There are 2 to 3 NFC teams that look like they would handle us today. Just get me to the dance and its anyones guess.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

TripleOG is right.  This is a very different defense when Talib and Dennard are the starting corners, McCourty is at safety, and Arrington is the slot corner.  If you want a bright spot from yesterday's game, consider the reappearance of Chung.  I know he made a few bonehead plays, but I like his aggression paired with McCourty's coverage skills and smarts at safety.  

We'll see.  If everyone's healthy, I think we'll be competitive.  If not, then QBs like Manning and Rogers will eat us for lunch. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The Pats have their warts but are still a quality team w/ a HOF QB & coach. Yes they played a clunker yesterday but they still won, thats the mark of a solid team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

HENNE = The next NFL quarterback to obtain NFL HOF nomination courtesy of the NE Patriots DB's.

This is getting old......... they need to stay after school........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Manning didn't look great at the beginning of the season (after a year off and in a new offense), but he looks pretty good now, I think.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Which gets back to Triple's point, Rusty, which I was agreeing with--the health of the defense makes a huge difference. With Talib and Dennard we are competitive against Manning.  Without them, I think we struggle. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Meanwhile, the Patriots keep winning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

The Pats barely escaped with that win at home versus PM and his a new receiving crew in an unfamiliar passing system. A  fumble by WM inside the 10 to tie the game late and a dropped wheel route pass for a big gainer by Megahey again made this a very interesting game that I think the Broncos had a great chance to win. Those young bucks with their present familiarity with PM's passing acumen make this for a very interesting rematch if it gets to that point. Denver's D is very good and are much improved since week 3. I'm sure the same could be said about the Pats D. Should be interesting if it comes to fruition. Being objective.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

The Pats barely escaped with that win at home versus PM and his a new receiving crew in an unfamiliar passing system. A  fumble by WM inside the 10 to tie the game late and a dropped wheel route pass for a big gainer by Megahey again made this a very interesting game that I think the Broncos had a great chance to win. Those young bucks with their present familiarity with PM's passing acumen make this for a very interesting rematch if it gets to that point. Denver's D is very good and are much improved since week 3. I'm sure the same could be said about the Pats D. Should be interesting if it comes to fruition. Being objective.

Looking back on that Broncos game in week 5, the defensive backfield starters were Wilson and Chung at safety and McCourty and Arrington at corner. From what I've read here, they are the four worst cover DBs in the history of the NFL. The Patriots were 2-2, not playing their best, and still won handily.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you did not notice that it was McCourty and Arrington who started at the corner spots. I'm sure that most Patriot fans on this forum pretty much accepted the fact that a lot of passing yards were going to be surrendered. Not saying theat the pass D is all world but it is much improved over last years and even more improved since the start of this season. Portfolio started a thread debating how many foolish post or threads you would make. I think we can count this one also.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Wrong. You always want to face the best teams out there and not hope for a cake walk to the SB. They want to face every challenge so that they aren't labelled 'lucky' or 'fortunate' to be handed the road they were given. That's how I and my team mates always wanted it. And who did the Pats play in games 1 through 3? Didn't think I'd remember that? And I don't use the Google Express like some one I know on this forum.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The Saints won a Super Bowl against Peyton Manning no less with the same type of defense. Give up yards but get turn overs. Remember this game had no Spikes or Dennard or Cunningham and Talib didn't start. You have McCourty move out of the safety position making the safeties weaker. (BTW I would consider McCourty a playmaker at safety) You don't have your starting corners and your nickleback is required to start which clearly makes your cornerbacks weaker.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Which gets back to Triple's point, Rusty, which I was agreeing with--the health of the defense makes a huge difference. With Talib and Dennard we are competitive against Manning.  Without them, I think we struggle. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  I agree with that. It's pretty clear Dennard is impressive for a rookie (keep in mind I had him on my draft wishlist as a 2nd rd choice talking about maybe him being a Safety if McCourty was to stay at CB).

I am just saying, in general, you act like Denver is some juggernaut and they aren't.  Very good team who has been hot for a while, but against subpar competition. I actually think NE getting Houston and SF late in the year is a character builder where we havent seen that in recent years.

If I am a Denver fan I am crapping myself hoping NE doesn't come into Mile High.  I saw Dungy all giddy last night thinking Denver hosting NE is some kind of a gimme for Denver, which made me laugh.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they're a juggernaut and agree about poor competition for the most part.  But they're still second in the league in points per game, fourth in yards per game, third in first downs, etc.  Even against poor competition, those stats suggest a pretty decent offense, and from what I've seen of their recent games, Manning and his receivers seem to have better timing than they did earlier in the season.  With Talib and Dennard in, I think we can compete well.  Without them, I think we're vulnerable to big plays in the passing game.  

Denver's defense is also fifth best in points given up and third best in yards given up. Again, stats are inflated because of weak competition (especially against inept offenses like KC), but it's still at least a respectably good defense.  

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Has the Pats D been awful for stretches this season and in recent years? YES. I will go you one better: I think the failures in the run D made a huge difference in the SF game.

But you make absolute and frankly rediculous statements like "the Pats will never win another SB". Brady might not QB the Pats to another SB victory but to be sure he wont is redilculous. They have the best O in the league. But more thanthat, the D is in fact getting better. If you haven't seen improvement you have not been watching. And if you are going to point to this weeks game as an example, comsider that both starting DBs were not on the field and the starting FS was pressed into duty to play CB. Consider that while they played BAD, it was perhaps one of those games that happens after you play back to back against two of the best teams in the league.

To think flatly that they win or lose is  nonsense. But your opinions seem weak, ill considered, based on the flimsiest, most superficial of observations. Did you get your Phd at McDonalds?

Sections
Shortcuts