Is this the forum for the blind Patriots fans?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Re: Is this the forum for the blind Patriots fans?

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know the pats are going to win it all this year---and they just may do this simply because they have Brady. I think I may have mistakenly joined the wrong forum. Is the the Pats forum for the blind? Because the Passing Defense that I've been watching over the past 2+ years is very OFFENSIVE. Can anyone on this forum say honestly that they think this Pass D is not Horrid?--Heck- Chad Henne and the powerful Jaguars Offense just threw for like 360 yards or something. When the playoffs arrive and Brady can't put up 30-40 points is there a fan out there that really believes this D will stop a Manning or Rodgers or Henne. The passing D for the Pats has made many an average QB over the years look Hall bound!  They say the first sign of recovery is to see things as they are--are we as fans seeing what is real or pretending it doesn't exist. And I'm not talking about rooting for your team and wishing them wins--we all do that - but at some point we have to admit the Pats DBacks SUK!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Man, you are one heck of a downer.  There are so-called Homers which at times I qualify and then there are downers, gloomers and doomers for which you quailfy.   There might be positive posts written by you but I haven't seen any of late.    I don't want to use the "T" word but there could be a case made for that too.

OTOH, I was really P. O ed at the Defense playing loose zone again.  It looked like they were in "Prevent" most of the game.   Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could explain why if they are using that defense to avoid giving up the big play only to give up the big play makes any sense.

OTOH, the bottom line is that the Pats won.  Also, I guess the 49rs defense and special teams su---ck too because they played Seattle a lot worse than the Pats did.    And Houston Su--cked for only scoring 3 Points against the Vikings at home.    The Giants won the SB last year and most likely wont make the playoffs this year.  Oh, and it is still possible although improbable that the Pats could get the number one seed even with a defensive secondary that through sceme and execution is not good.  "It is what it is" and "your record says who you are".

Do the Pats  have a chance to advance to the SB?  Yes.  I think that's about the best any fan could wish for at this point.  But that's just my opinion as a Pats fan who would rather look at the glass as 1/2 Full instead of half empty.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

They have actually, for the first time in years, been playing good ball since Talib got here, DMC got booted (finally) out of the CB spot, and Dennard came on. Chung is a pure SS, so I don't know why people expect him to play great over the top. He won't cover a lot of ground out there. 

But I'm more confident in this group than any in a long time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea lets just all give up on the pats, theres no way they can make it to the super bowl. its not like they have the #1 ranked offense and an improving defense or anything. and its not like they made it to the super bowl last year with a similar defense, oh wait THEY DID!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Peyton vs Brady = Wash

If our Cbs arent healthy, we have noone close to Champ who can still lock up his man, in this case lloyd. I would day Lloyd would likely get 4 targets, and have 2 catches for 19 yards.

Peyton vs our defense is the problem and Miller rushing Brady is also a problem. Anyone that watched yesterdays game and thinks ANY matchup will be easy is delusional. Win or Lose, that was NOT december football and anyone happy about us playing that flat with one week to postseason needs to check themselves. Dont kid yourselves this team is in trouble if they dont correct some things. Gronk is not graunteed to come back the same and light it up. Wes has been slowed lately. LLoyd came bck to earth yesterday. Our bck end looked like swiss cheese again and our backers were absent outside a few plays from Hightower and I didnt hear Wilforks name not once all game and Hernandez was basically shut out. We are in need of as many gut checks and challenges that are available until we are BATTLE TESTED because right now I would put us in "pretender" category based on last game.

Call me a troll if you want,  but its better to prepare for the worst and hope for best to be delusional

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I know the pats are going to win it all this year---and they just may do this simply because they have Brady. I think I may have mistakenly joined the wrong forum. Is the the Pats forum for the blind? Because the Passing Defense that I've been watching over the past 2+ years is very OFFENSIVE. Can anyone on this forum say honestly that they think this Pass D is not Horrid?--Heck- Chad Henne and the powerful Jaguars Offense just threw for like 360 yards or something. When the playoffs arrive and Brady can't put up 30-40 points is there a fan out there that really believes this D will stop a Manning or Rodgers or Henne. The passing D for the Pats has made many an average QB over the years look Hall bound!  They say the first sign of recovery is to see things as they are--are we as fans seeing what is real or pretending it doesn't exist. And I'm not talking about rooting for your team and wishing them wins--we all do that - but at some point we have to admit the Pats DBacks SUK!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

You're just not very bright. If you can't see a difference between this year's D and last year's off the lockout, you have some serious, serious mental issues. I would suggest you stop tuning into the Felger and Mazz shows on 98.5.

You either a troll or a very stupid Pats fan.   Everyone in this league is saying how impressed they are with Dennard for a rookie, how smooth McCourty looks at FS and how Talib has helped, with Arrington on the interior.

Everyone except you, apparently.

Seek help.

We just saw yesterday why it's the OFFENSE and how it's run that is the concern, NOT the D.

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree... while the defense is not elite they are generally managing to keep points down to a reasonable amount.... It's the offense that's been driving me nuts this year because of thier inconsistancy.   They've scored lots of points but what good are the extra 35 points they when they win  45-10 ???   I am more concerned with the offense when it stalls at end of close games.   For all the points  they've scored they still tend to wet themselves when it counts most.... when the pressure is on to get 1 or 2 first downs to put a team away.  Unless the score a ton of points it's always nail biting time in the 4th quarter.

I just don't trust this offense in close games.... generally speaking.   It's ironic but it seems the defense tends to bail out the offense in close games.

This 2012 team is just the most inconsistant I've seen in along time.   They have the potential  crush any team in the league on offense but they're too streaky... they're either unstoppable or they crap themselves... usually at the worst possible times.

It's just the way I characterize this season.... they may win the Lomabrdi  or be one and done... I can see both scenerios happening... hopefully it's the Lombardi !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Peyton vs Brady = Wash

If our Cbs arent healthy, we have noone close to Champ who can still lock up his man, in this case lloyd. I would day Lloyd would likely get 4 targets, and have 2 catches for 19 yards.

Peyton vs our defense is the problem and Miller rushing Brady is also a problem. Anyone that watched yesterdays game and thinks ANY matchup will be easy is delusional. Win or Lose, that was NOT december football and anyone happy about us playing that flat with one week to postseason needs to check themselves. Dont kid yourselves this team is in trouble if they dont correct some things. Gronk is not graunteed to come back the same and light it up. Wes has been slowed lately. LLoyd came bck to earth yesterday. Our bck end looked like swiss cheese again and our backers were absent outside a few plays from Hightower and I didnt hear Wilforks name not once all game and Hernandez was basically shut out. We are in need of as many gut checks and challenges that are available until we are BATTLE TESTED because right now I would put us in "pretender" category based on last game.

Call me a troll if you want,  but its better to prepare for the worst and hope for best to be delusional

[/QUOTE]

So I'm going to come back with if the 49'ers can't beat the Rams and looked silly against the Seahawks, does that make them pretenders?

Champ Baily is getting long on the tooth and has 2 Interceptions this year.  Dennerd has 3.  Every team has an DE or LB that can give the opposing QB Problems.  So what?

I'm taking it one game at a time and am not projecting sh----t.  The next game is against Miami and I'll be rooting for the Pats to win.  This does not make me delusional.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Peyton vs Brady = Wash

[/QUOTE]

So I'm going to come back with if the 49'ers can't beat the Rams and looked silly against the Seahawks, does that make them pretenders?

Champ Baily is getting long on the tooth and has 2 Interceptions this year.  Dennerd has 3.  Every team has an DE or LB that can give the opposing QB Problems.  So what?

I'm taking it one game at a time and am not projecting sh----t.  The next game is against Miami and I'll be rooting for the Pats to win.  This does not make me delusional.  

[/QUOTE]

You are missing my point. The whole season has been jeckly and hyde but REAL teams start it to put it together after Thangsgiving , no?  and our record in december speaks to it but my point is RIGHT NOW is when you want to be playing your best ball and the same team that beat us early is still peaking so yes, we are pretenders right now based on our lackluster december play. I dont need to convince you,. u can look at it any way you choose but i see a team NOT Peaking with key injuries that could do them in. Am I wrong?

At the same time you are trying to denounce my thoery you pull up stats to try and say what? That Dennard is better than Champ?? Not even close. I watch all the games and Champ still has it. His ints are always low cuz noone really throws at him so nice try but yea, I'll take Champ anyday.

I dont see why I cant be on the board showing concern without being attacked. Deep inside, if you know football you have the same concerns so whats wrong with saying so?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No Jimmy...this is not the "Patriots forum for the blind". But, there is a segment of posters on this forum who deem it heresy any time someone points out the short comings of this team...or criticizes them, for any reason...right or wrong.  I refer to this segment of posters as "homers", who are members of the "elite" Ostrich Society. They prefer to ignore negative issues, sticking their heads in the sand, if you will....rather than deal with reality.

LOL!!!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I dont see why I cant be on the board showing concern without being attacked. Deep inside, if you know football you have the same concerns so whats wrong with saying so?

You invited yourself to be attacked by your words. You called us delusional and that we need to check ourselves. Then you told us not to kid ourselves and to call you a troll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You invited yourself to be attacked by your words. You called us delusional and that we need to check ourselves. Then you told us not to kid ourselves and to call you a troll.

[/QUOTE]

And I still do if you think nothing is wrong. Its one thing to have faith and be supportive. Its another to be here thumping your chest and talking about certain matchups being EASY based on a game played 2 months ago.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"You invited yourself to be attacked by your words. You called us delusional and that we need to check ourselves. Then you told us not to kid ourselves and to call you a troll."

Thank you.  

Whenever you address a crowd in a derogatory manner and not expect to have it thrown back at your face -, Now that's delusional.

And God forbid anybody disaggreeing with Texas Pat because he knows all there is about everything football.  And what he says is law.  

If a poster chooses to attack then he or she should expect to be attacked back.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And I still do if you think nothing is wrong. Its one thing to have faith and be supportive. Its another to be here thumping your chest and talking about certain matchups being EASY based on a game played 2 months ago.

[/QUOTE]

Did you even bother to read the part in my post where I said I was P. O. ed about the defensive play or did you just gloss over that part?

Here is what I said.  Again!

OTOH, I was really P. O ed at the Defense playing loose zone again.  It looked like they were in "Prevent" most of the game.   Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could explain why if they are using that defense to avoid giving up the big play only to give up the big play makes any sense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"You invited yourself to be attacked by your words. You called us delusional and that we need to check ourselves. Then you told us not to kid ourselves and to call you a troll."

Thank you.  

Whenever you address a crowd in a derogatory manner and not expect to have it thrown back at your face -, Now that's delusional.

And God forbid anybody disaggreeing with Texas Pat because he knows all there is about everything football.  And what he says is law.  

If a poster chooses to attack then he or she should expect to be attacked back.  

[/QUOTE]

I dont get this thinking. If you werent one of the people who claimed that, why put yourself in that category? I dont have time to adress single post but I did notice one in particular who is basically saying Denver will be a cakewalk, citing us running on them. Hell, we dont even know if Ridley will get the ball postseason. Im just saying respect your opponents and dont thump your chest after a sorry *ss win like that where the whole team came out flat. I was basically talking to Rusty so apologies if I came out and generalized my post but I did see some agreeing with Rusty as well. So in that case, I guess we will keep attacking...lol

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you even bother to read the part in my post where I said I was P. O. ed about the defensive play or did you just gloss over that part?

[/QUOTE]

NY, I think we need to back up and clarify that I never replied to YOUR post and there in lies the confusion. I was responding to a post I saw form Rusty and No I didnt read your post because I didnt see it. Like I said, I didnt read the whole thread. So like I said, you are responding to me for no reason because I had no problem with your post. I was referring to Rusty who is enjoying himself because Chung had 2 pics and thats all he saw and Brady throwing 2 pics.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The best I could say is that w./out Dennard and Talib in there(man to man cbs) you will see more of that soft zone because Arrington and McCourty arent that good in man to man

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

Brady is going to get hurt if the line continues to play this poorly.

Should the Pats sit him next week?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to rxmsg's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're just not very bright. If you can't see a difference between this year's D and last year's off the lockout, you have some serious, serious mental issues. I would suggest you stop tuning into the Felger and Mazz shows on 98.5.

You either a troll or a very stupid Pats fan.   Everyone in this league is saying how impressed they are with Dennard for a rookie, how smooth McCourty looks at FS and how Talib has helped, with Arrington on the interior.

Everyone except you, apparently.

Seek help.

We just saw yesterday why it's the OFFENSE and how it's run that is the concern, NOT the D.

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree... while the defense is not elite they are generally managing to keep points down to a reasonable amount.... It's the offense that's been driving me nuts this year because of thier inconsistancy.   They've scored lots of points but what good are the extra 35 points they when they win  45-10 ???   I am more concerned with the offense when it stalls at end of close games.   For all the points  they've scored they still tend to wet themselves when it counts most.... when the pressure is on to get 1 or 2 first downs to put a team away.  Unless the score a ton of points it's always nail biting time in the 4th quarter.

I just don't trust this offense in close games.... generally speaking.   It's ironic but it seems the defense tends to bail out the offense in close games.

This 2012 team is just the most inconsistant I've seen in along time.   They have the potential  crush any team in the league on offense but they're too streaky... they're either unstoppable or they crap themselves... usually at the worst possible times.

It's just the way I characterize this season.... they may win the Lomabrdi  or be one and done... I can see both scenerios happening... hopefully it's the Lombardi !!!

[/QUOTE]

This is what makes Pats fans look ridiculous. The fact that some  Pats fans actually are upset the  Pats don't save those points in the blow out wins and use them in the close games. I mean come on McDaniels why aren't you using those excess points you score on the bad defenses and use them to blow out the good defenses you face. I mean us Pats fans should not have to watch close games. Name me one super bowl winning team that played close games?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Wrong forum. I think the forum for the blind Patriots fans is in braille

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The best I could say is that w./out Dennard and Talib in there(man to man cbs) you will see more of that soft zone because Arrington and McCourty arent that good in man to man

[/QUOTE]

I think you are correct.  That soft zone drives me crazy.

OTOH, The Patriots are #1 in the NFL in Net Takeaway's at 23 followed by the Bears at #2 with 16.   So the Defense is doing a lot of things right.  But I still hate that soft zone.

Brady had a lousy game but Ridley could have fought for the ball more on the pass to him amd Hernandez had a so so game as well.  IMO, this is a TEAM Game and it's not all on Brady and the Offense or the Weak Secondary or Still not having a dynomite pass russ.  This game shouldn't have been so close but it was. So we move on. 

In any event,  I think we want the same thing so Happy Holidays to ya.   :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's no way this teamcould ever beat a team with Manning or Schaub as QB.  Except for when they did.

[/QUOTE]

The wise words of Shennanigan speaketh again in philosophical overtones of self - brilliance. This time you speak in a funny inverted kind of way OBE Wan KNOWBE!!!! Regular season does not convert over to the playoffs, Ole Wise One-what gives? You know this already.A regular season win does not always translate into a Playoff win--your use of words baffles me--is this some new form of word speak that I have not heard of?  You must teach me this new system you have mastered!

[/QUOTE]

Too bad your team lost yesterday jimmy!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you are correct.  That soft zone drives me crazy.

OTOH, The Patriots are #1 in the NFL in Net Takeaway's at 23 followed by the Bears at #2 with 16.   So the Defense is doing a lot of things right.  But I still hate that soft zone.

Brady had a lousy game but Ridley could have fought for the ball more on the pass to him amd Hernandez had a so so game as well.  IMO, this is a TEAM Game and it's not all on Brady and the Offense or the Weak Secondary or Still not having a dynomite pass russ.  This game shouldn't have been so close but it was. So we move on. 

In any event,  I think we want the same thing so Happy Holidays to ya.   :)

[/QUOTE]

Agreed! you do the same pal. We are on the same page. Sorry for the confusion earlier. Noone should have to be confused with Rusty and deal with that type of attack except for....well Rusty and his cohorts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Someone posted above how we shouldn't expect Chung to be able to cover over the top and that he is a "strong" safety - I honestly can't remember the last time this guy made a "strong" safety type of play. I really can't.

I would expect a strong safety to be able to run blitz, play in the box, pass rush a tad, and stop the short stuff that our linebackers have trouble covering...he does none of that. The guy needs to eat something - I've never seen someone (outside of Edelman) get up grabbing some random body part so much after contact. I've seen this guy bounce right off ball carries and blockers - literally bounce of them like he was a tennis ball...that's not something a strong safety does. I could care less that he came away with to gift picks yesterday, he was out of position all day and he looked clueless. At one point he had to mug a guy so bad on a crossing route because he never even moved his feet...never even started running 4 seconds after the ball was snapped...should of been a penalty. We drafted the wrong safety from Oregon that year and it's just too bad to tell you the truth - and I'm saying this 24 hrs after he had two picks.

I can agree that Brady, Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, Ridley, Lloyd, Wilfork, Talib, Dennard, Spikes, Solder, Connoly, Vollmer, Jones are all very good players, but I can't put Chung in there. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Jimmy... You deserve every bashing you are getting on these boards.

It's one thing to say the Patriots is imperfect and has some areas that need to be addressed to be successful.

It's entirely another to definitively say the Patriots will NOT win the SB.

And yet another to say Pats fans who think they have a good chance of winning it all are blind. You choose to be derogatory towards other posters and you think you deserve respect?

For the latter two you deserve what you are getting.

Also, your behavior has been nothing short of foolish/irrational. If you truly believe that they do not have a chance, then what is the point of you watching the games, or even posting here? There could only be three rational reasons.

1) You actually think they could win it all but you want to be the "smart" one who called it if they don't. For this trollish behavior, you still deserve to be labelled a troll.

2) You truly believe they do not have a chance, yet you still follow the team. For this you deserve to be labelled stupid.

3) You truly are not a fan of this team, and you just want to rub in whatever weaknesses that everybody recognizes, and use it to bring down their hopes of winning another SB. For this, you truly are a troll.