Is this the forum for the blind Patriots fans?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Is this the forum for the blind Patriots fans?

In response to ipotnyc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's no way this teamcould ever beat a team with Manning or Schaub as QB.  Except for when they did.

[/QUOTE]

Or didn't. Manning beat them in the 2006 showdown and the infamous 4th and 2 game.  Playing Manning on the road is not some chest thumping, guarantee.  

[/QUOTE]

Neither is Manning guaranteed of winning against the Pats. 

Why are people so afraid of Manning?

1) They are overrated. As many here have pointed out, their winning streak was against really bad teams.

2) The Pats D is different from what Manning saw when the Pats beat him. It's better. Manning did not learn anything from their previous meeting. Actually, Houston probably learned more about the playoffs version of the Pats than Denver did. 

I actually like their chances of winning against Denver and Houston, becasue they've shown an ability to handle both types of defenses.

I used to be concerned about SFF's type of D. They used to struggle at scoring TDs against that type of D whose pass rush can come from anywhere (I liken it to NYG). NWE finally cracked that nut on their game against SFF.

Seattle is the one that has a lot of mystique right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know the pats are going to win it all this year---and they just may do this simply because they have Brady. I think I may have mistakenly joined the wrong forum. Is the the Pats forum for the blind? Because the Passing Defense that I've been watching over the past 2+ years is very OFFENSIVE. Can anyone on this forum say honestly that they think this Pass D is not Horrid?--Heck- Chad Henne and the powerful Jaguars Offense just threw for like 360 yards or something. When the playoffs arrive and Brady can't put up 30-40 points is there a fan out there that really believes this D will stop a Manning or Rodgers or Henne. The passing D for the Pats has made many an average QB over the years look Hall bound!  They say the first sign of recovery is to see things as they are--are we as fans seeing what is real or pretending it doesn't exist. And I'm not talking about rooting for your team and wishing them wins--we all do that - but at some point we have to admit the Pats DBacks SUK!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

sadly Jimmy yes it is!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rxmsg's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I know the pats are going to win it all this year---and they just may do this simply because they have Brady. I think I may have mistakenly joined the wrong forum. Is the the Pats forum for the blind? Because the Passing Defense that I've been watching over the past 2+ years is very OFFENSIVE. Can anyone on this forum say honestly that they think this Pass D is not Horrid?--Heck- Chad Henne and the powerful Jaguars Offense just threw for like 360 yards or something. When the playoffs arrive and Brady can't put up 30-40 points is there a fan out there that really believes this D will stop a Manning or Rodgers or Henne. The passing D for the Pats has made many an average QB over the years look Hall bound!  They say the first sign of recovery is to see things as they are--are we as fans seeing what is real or pretending it doesn't exist. And I'm not talking about rooting for your team and wishing them wins--we all do that - but at some point we have to admit the Pats DBacks SUK!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

You're just not very bright. If you can't see a difference between this year's D and last year's off the lockout, you have some serious, serious mental issues. I would suggest you stop tuning into the Felger and Mazz shows on 98.5.

You either a troll or a very stupid Pats fan.   Everyone in this league is saying how impressed they are with Dennard for a rookie, how smooth McCourty looks at FS and how Talib has helped, with Arrington on the interior.

Everyone except you, apparently.

Seek help.

We just saw yesterday why it's the OFFENSE and how it's run that is the concern, NOT the D.

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree... while the defense is not elite they are generally managing to keep points down to a reasonable amount.... It's the offense that's been driving me nuts this year because of thier inconsistancy.   They've scored lots of points but what good are the extra 35 points they when they win  45-10 ???   I am more concerned with the offense when it stalls at end of close games.   For all the points  they've scored they still tend to wet themselves when it counts most.... when the pressure is on to get 1 or 2 first downs to put a team away.  Unless the score a ton of points it's always nail biting time in the 4th quarter.

I just don't trust this offense in close games.... generally speaking.   It's ironic but it seems the defense tends to bail out the offense in close games.

This 2012 team is just the most inconsistant I've seen in along time.   They have the potential  crush any team in the league on offense but they're too streaky... they're either unstoppable or they crap themselves... usually at the worst possible times.

It's just the way I characterize this season.... they may win the Lomabrdi  or be one and done... I can see both scenerios happening... hopefully it's the Lombardi !!!

[/QUOTE]

This is what makes Pats fans look ridiculous. The fact that some  Pats fans actually are upset the  Pats don't save those points in the blow out wins and use them in the close games. I mean come on McDaniels why aren't you using those excess points you score on the bad defenses and use them to blow out the good defenses you face. I mean us Pats fans should not have to watch close games. Name me one super bowl winning team that played close games?

[/QUOTE]

Except, conceptually, his fears are correct.  If you don't think it's a problem that our offense can't ice games in Baltimore, Seattle or some other games this year, on top of never establishing that run when you could have, you're watching different games than I am.

The good/great Ds MUST be run on in some fashion. I am not looking for 4+ yards per carry here. I just needs to be enough early on, so that when they open the playbook a bit on that good or great D in the second half, it's more that D to be responsible for. How many times do you need me to say this before you get it?

They should be blowing some teams in some games, but they've been closer than they should have been simply because Brady throws 2 INTs and we never established a run.

What you saw against Houston is a perfect example, but obviously in overdrive. Run it, still run it a bit, Brady under center enough, play action established = Houston overwhelmed.

It happened very fast, but conceptually speaking, that is the idea.  What's ironic about that is NE's D stopped Houston on their first drive, shifted field and then on their second drive, McCOurty picked Schaub.

Translation? This D is a lot better than the media or some of our fans realize.  Our offense BEST show up this postseason, because it will REAL ugly in here if they don't.

[/QUOTE]

Cionceptionally correct? Sure I'll play your game. I also wish McDaniels would save points in regular season blow outs and use them for the play off games. That way we could go 16-0 every season and win the super bowl every year. As long as the Pats don't get blown out they will have enough extra points to guarantee a perfect season. You two are brilliant. Call McDaniels asap and get it done. Why are you two not in charge? Why do we have to putuip with losers like McDaniels and Belichick.

There are reasons why some games are blow outs and others are close. They blew out the Texans doing the exact opposite  of your desires. They primarily ran late in the game when it was well out of hand. In the playoffs you usually have better defenses (defenses supposedly win championships). The opponents are also tested and in many cases have good QB's also. You win as a team and you lose as a team. The Pats didn't blow anyone out in their super bowl winning years. Even the Colts in 2006 won playoff games scoring under their season average while dragging around an awful defense. You try to get the lead and hold on for dear life expanding it or keeping it.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So the Jags score 16 points and our D-backs stink? Now I am sure you can put out the stats of the yards they had in the air, and I was not happy about that either, but in the end the they only scored 16 points!!!!! Stats are fort loser's so I guess that is why ypu like stats!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think I may have mistakenly joined the wrong forum.

[/QUOTE]

I agree...this board seems to make you so miserable, don't let the door hit you in the a s s Mr Unhappy.....Now go home and yell at your kids and kick the dog. Maybe you should change your name to "jimmytantrum"

[/QUOTE]

Man I hope this fool didnt breed and have kids!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No Jimmy...this is not the "Patriots forum for the blind". But, there is a segment of posters on this forum who deem it heresy any time someone points out the short comings of this team...or criticizes them, for any reason...right or wrong.  I refer to this segment of posters as "homers", who are members of the "elite" Ostrich Society. They prefer to ignore negative issues, sticking their heads in the sand, if you will....rather than deal with reality.

LOL!!!  

[/QUOTE]

Thanks TP.(really was thinking about giving up on posting here),--and to most others on this forum--I want the Pats to win the darn thing--but let's be real-----if Talib or Dennard,(and yes they have upgraded the secondary, but they aint no Revis/Cromratie!), can't play CB, thus putting DM back at safety, where he belongs, because he can't play CB we are in trouble. Let's be realistic fella's, unless Houston losses to Indy on Sunday.(which is a possibilty), the Pats swiss cheese PASSING defense is going to have to stop Peyton Manning, with Thomas,Decker,etc in Denver, then stop Schaub in Houston with Calvin and Co. And if they make it to the dance they will probably be facing either Matty Ice or Rodgers,(cringe), with guys like Roddy White, Jennings, great TEs like Gonzalez etc------if that doesn't make you squirm you have been watching a different Pats passing D all year than me. Yes, Pats can win it all but it will be very difficult and the margin of error will be thin. Theres your non-negative post-even though I thought I was being OBJECTIVE and constructive----oh well life is relative.  Go Pats - now all you nasty posters get off my back!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jimmy... You deserve every bashing you are getting on these boards.

It's one thing to say the Patriots is imperfect and has some areas that need to be addressed to be successful.

It's entirely another to definitively say the Patriots will NOT win the SB.

And yet another to say Pats fans who think they have a good chance of winning it all are blind. You choose to be derogatory towards other posters and you think you deserve respect?

For the latter two you deserve what you are getting.

Also, your behavior has been nothing short of foolish/irrational. If you truly believe that they do not have a chance, then what is the point of you watching the games, or even posting here? There could only be three rational reasons.

1) You actually think they could win it all but you want to be the "smart" one who called it if they don't. For this trollish behavior, you still deserve to be labelled a troll.

2) You truly believe they do not have a chance, yet you still follow the team. For this you deserve to be labelled stupid.

3) You truly are not a fan of this team, and you just want to rub in whatever weaknesses that everybody recognizes, and use it to bring down their hopes of winning another SB. For this, you truly are a troll.

[/QUOTE]

I will take door # 2--thanks for constructively/objectively pointing out the flaws in my thread(s)--much appreciated.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wrong. You always want to face the best teams out there and not hope for a cake walk to the SB. They want to face every challenge so that they aren't labelled 'lucky' or 'fortunate' to be handed the road they were given. That's how I and my team mates always wanted it. And who did the Pats play in games 1 through 3? Didn't think I'd remember that? And I don't use the Google Express like some one I know on this forum.

[/QUOTE]

Nah, nobody remembers stuff like who played who in the playoffs or how they won some game. All they see is the name of the winner. There are no asterisks. 

Sections
Shortcuts