Is This The Same Darius Butler?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

Is This The Same Darius Butler?

Talking about he a top prospect, I wish he showed this cockiness and confidence on the field

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from verrildd. Show verrildd's posts

Re: Is This The Same Darius Butler?

In Response to Is This The Same Darius Butler?:
    [QUOTE]Talking about he a top prospect, I wish he showed this cockiness and confidence on the field http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrlV6EG0zXw
    Posted by patriotzking18[/QUOTE]

hard to be cocky when you s u c k.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'll put my money on Butler turning out to be a good player.  Butler is in many ways experiencing what Wilhite experienced last year.  He lost his confidence after a bad game and it effected his play.  You always hear how players need short memories, and this is probably why.

Wilhite might have been ruined last year confidence wise when they kept playing him.  I think their approach with Butler is smart.  Back him off a bit and slowly integrate him back in.

Then again, Arrington might surprise us and not do anything to give up his starting role.  He didn't look bad in one game so far.  In fact, he looked good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Guys u are wayyyy too hard, wayyy too soon.  Most guys take till year 3 or 4 to really show greatness.  Yes there are exceptions, and we all want them on our team.  DBs usually take longer.  Butler will be good, maybe not shutdown, but a good 3rd CB behind McCourty and Bodden and if I had my way, Pat Peterson in next years draft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

I mean I like Darius as player and I believe he will grow into one of the better corners n the nfl 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

WOW, just plain wow. I love the outlooks, he will turn into a good player, he needs time, everything will be allright.
    No, he wont!
    College shows who the better qualities of player are and gives them time to adjust and learn.
    You guys base Butler turning out a good player on NOTHING BUT HOPE!
    Just like you all did with Maroney! Please get a clue people.
    Mr. Butler cannot cover, period. He gets confused, gets outplayed, and gets burnt almost every time. Does this make him a bad person? NO! As a DB you either have it or you dont. Mr. Butler does not. Like Maroney, (EVEN IF MARONEY STAYED HEALTHY) he was a head case and could not adjust.
    Its wonderful you all wish he would become a great DB, but you need to face it he is and will not.
    He SHOWS NO SIGNS OF ANY IMPROVEMENTS!
    Next up, Mr. Meriweather.
    Now you can all sit here and complain and cry and moan, but the facts are the facts. Butler is not NFL caliber, Maroney is not, and Meriweather is turning out to be a not!
    Get over it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

If we had a pass rush then he wouldn't have to cover for 20 seconds every play. Revis couldn't do that even.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Sometimes if it looks like S**T and smells like S**T it is S**T and it still will be S**T in it's 3rd and 4th year.

Real Players get in by year 2 and are producing........I'd like to know the person who coined this supposed 3 year thing that a lot of fans use as an excuse.  Could someone provide me a name or a link that backs this BullS**T with some kinda facts.

Yeah killa and Ryan Leaf was also considered 1st round talent by the "experts".  So you argument is STUPID.  The "experts" don't know how another human will perform.  They are simply taking a educated GUESS which by no means guarantees future results.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

It is well documented in this forum how I feel about Butler.  I think he stinks!

Some players get "it" from the beginning - such as McCourty

Some make clear progress from year 1-2 - such as Chung

If you don't got "it" from the beginning or show some level of progress from year 1-2, it is very unlikely you'll ever be great.   

IMHO he will never be more than a servicable nickle/dime back.  From my perspective, he just doesn't have "it"!  Chalk him up as another Hobbs = solid special team player, servicable nickle/dime back - but never a reliable starting caliber CB.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I think it's too early to give up on Darius...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: Is This The Same Darius Butler?:
    [QUOTE]I think it's too early to give up on Darius...
    Posted by tmot1234[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

TEST

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I think the two TD's Butler gave up were close ones. I mean he was right there and with some more experience he will make better adjustments. And yes I am hoping that will happen! :)

Go Pats!!!!!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Tcal, Killa is absolutely correct here.  While nobody can say with certainty either way what type of player Butler will be, the NFL is loaded with examples of players who were not very good 3 games into year 2.  I mean really, the NFL network could run a show on these guys every night for the entire season.  There's that many you can point to.  Debating that is like debating whether or not the earth spins.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]PatsFan I go to coaching clinics all the time. I am not some great football coach and i dont claim to be but I know some things from speaking coaches better then myself that help me when watching a player like Butler. Butler has been right there, right on the edge of making a play which says to me he knows the scheme, he understand where he is supposed to be but he lacks the technique to capitalize on the play. I can clearly see from year one to year 2 that he is no longer thinking and he is more so reading a reacting which is what you are supposed to do in year 2 but again he is still rough around the edges. But to say he s*cks or is a bust just is not true and i will fight with anyone who wants to debate that. He does not lack talent and he has a good head on his shoulders he is just not there yet. Some people have the "it" factor you speak of and are impact players right off the bat and some guys need work before becoming a good player. I see Butler has what it takes he just needs to work on getting better so I do not agree that he "s*cks" that is just a fan over reacting and saying something that just is not true.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Killa:  I always enjoy going back & forth with you on this forum and respect your passion for Football and the Patriots..  But, you and I are seeing a very different D Butler! 

I don't see him "right there ready to make a play" or having better "reaction" to a play.  I see a kid who is always a day late and a dollar short!  

His technique stinks and he lacks any type of swagger that is important at that position.  Also, to back up Patsfan76's point.  He isn't very strong (which I guess is because he's not lifting weights).  I started lifting weights for my pop warner games!  I would have been crushed without LIVING in the gym when I was in highschool!

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I just don't see this kid being anything better than a reliable nicke/dime DB and special teams player - which at the end of the day - ain't too shabby because we need players like this! 

Thank goodness be drafted McCourty because he is clearly the real deal and next year Bodden will be back.  With Arrington showing promise, Butler will likely be playing in the dime and all special teams.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I will put it like this.  I never really liked Butler coming out of college after watching that Deion Sanders series with him in it.  2 things stood out to me. One was the fact that even though the show was based on 4 or 5 kids trying to elevate their draft status by preparing for the combine...BUtler was the only one who was going thru the motions and felt he had already had what it takes...Deion was hard on him, cuz he knew he had the most potential, but def. wasnt the hardest worker....One interview he said something like " the combine is a place to test your athletism, speed,etc, and I feel i am the most athletic guy coming out, so im just gonna go there and show em who i am"  this was a paraprhase but what I got from it, was that he didnt feel he needed to do the drills others were doing to get better, cuz he was already athletically gifted. The 2nd thing I didnt like is this guy saying he didnt lift at the combine, cuz he never lifted b4 and didnt want to post low #'s...  So I will ask anyone reading this.  IF you were a NFL prospect in College, would you lift weights in anticipation of the game being more physical??  I know I would Now you take those 2 things in consideration and add that he didnt play CB in high school, he played QB, and add to that, he played part time WR at UCONN, and didnt get thrown at... well, you have a young inexperienced CB who is still learning the position and has a long way to go because he is probably just realizing now, after having a decent rookie year, that athleticsm only goes so far and you have to put in work...Will he....I hope so...I like his potential and think he will improve but I dont like his attitude and work ethic....My other problem is B.B. raved about this kid, how could he not have noticed all of the above..?? I would post the youtube of the Deion series, but im at  work...someone help me out...
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

I agree with your first assessment.

On your second, I can see what he meant.  I recently heard from a Navy cadet about how he ran the obstacle course in record time on a practice run (a record which lasted less than an hour, when the old record-holder ran it again), and he kept doing it, kept doing it, kept doing...until he strained his tri-cep before his test run and passed that with just an acceptable grade, which hurt him in rank. Why make a big change in what you are doing right before a big test if what you have been doing up to that time has been working?  Lift after that for the pros, yeah, I can see that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Ellis Hobbs is the starting CB on the 7th ranking passing defense in the league.  He's having a solid year at that spot with 10 tackles, 2 PDs and 1 INT.

Maybe patience in not a bad thing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Yes killa I name the obvious because no one will remember the names of other busts.

So here we go I'll name a few other Resent 1st round BIG TIME Busts.

Akili Smith
    Lawrence Phillips
    Cade McNown
    Reggie Rogers
    Art Schlichter
    Brian Bosworth
    Tony Mandarich
    Bruce Pickens

There are many more misses then hits.  Just that no one remembers the misses.
    Many will try, few will succeed.

Sections
Shortcuts