Is this the start of another dynasty or a continuation of the one started in 2002?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Is this the start of another dynasty or a continuation of the one started in 2002?

The thread heading pretty much says it all; however, in 2008 and 2009 a lot of people were saying that the dynasty started in 2002 was over; so what say you now, is this the start of a new dynasty?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Re: Is this the start of another dynasty or a continuation of the one started in 2002?

It's not a dynasty until you win championships. Why would you start this thread with 3 weeks left in the regular season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Re: Is this the start of another dynasty or a continuation of the one started in 2002?

In Response to Is this the start of another dynasty or a continuation of the one started in 2002?:
    [QUOTE]The thread heading pretty much says it all; however, in 2008 and 2009 a lot of people were saying that the dynasty started in 2002 was over; so what say you now, is this the start of a new dynasty?
    Posted by PaulLaCourse[/QUOTE]

Brady is playing the best football of his career right now.  I have never seen him in such a zone.  However, when you talk dynasty, remember he is already 33 years old Sometime in the next five or so years we need to be grooming his successor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

If they win a Championship this season then yes it is a new Dynasty with 2 years in Between. I count 2007 as the end of the old, a 2008 ruined by injury (no disrespect meant for  solid QB Play from Cassel) and a 2009 of rebuilding.

Interesting post because I was thinking about this earlier. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Is this the start of another dynasty or a continuation of the one started in 2002?:
    [QUOTE]The thread heading pretty much says it all; however, in 2008 and 2009 a lot of people were saying that the dynasty started in 2002 was over; so what say you now, is this the start of a new dynasty?

The 3 SBs were a dynasty but that ended in 05.  You could say that it's still BB/Brady so it's a continuation, but I'd say this could be the start of a new dynasty.

The team concept is different this time.  If you recall before 05 (it was 05 when the mega contracts went to Seymour and Brady)  it was balance, depth, veteran leadership and a solid middle class.  Now it is a few guys making huge dollars and alot of young raw talent.  It is yet to be seen if this formula will be successful for three post season games (Indy proved it can be done(although with Manning they are 1-12 on that score)).  I hope it is a workable concept which will bode well for continuing to use it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It would technically be the start of a new one.    If they had won in 2007, it would still be ongoing.

But, they need to win a SB first, to even begin to think about that kind of thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilBenCoates. Show LilBenCoates's posts

I would say a continuation! 4 superbowls within 10 years or within the Brady/Bellicheck era!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i agree with russ...   its the beginning of a new run...what that will include and how it will be referenced in the future is yet to be determined... but I would say its a new run... the last run ended after 2007... and that one can be referenced as a dynasty!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

ks... alot of the players from the previous SB RUNS were still on the team in 07... they did retool with recievers but alot of the rest of the cast was there... after that loss the D was totally rebuilt in two years and most of the players from those teams were gone...

so new run

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nemeses. Show Nemeses's posts

We can't start talkng dynasty till after February. While I feel real good about our chances this year I don't want to start polishing that trophy just yet, say we wait till oh 2 seconds left, Pats ball on the Saints 2 in Big D. =D. DOH, Did I just say that out loud!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

This will still be part of the Brady dynasty.  There wasn't multiple Ming dynasty's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I guess "technically" (since decades begin with years ending with 1 and end in years ending in zero) - if we were to win on in 2010 - then that would be 4 SB wins in one decade.

However, I think it'd be two dynasies should we win 3 SBs in the next 4-5 years

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: Is this the start of another dynasty or a continuation of the one started in 2002?:
    [QUOTE]ks... alot of the players from the previous SB RUNS were still on the team in 07... they did retool with recievers but alot of the rest of the cast was there... after that loss the D was totally rebuilt in two years and most of the players from those teams were gone... so new run
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

In my view 07 was an anomaly while the team was in transition from the 01-05 concept to the present concept.  If we had won the SB I would probly have lumped that one in with the 01-05 dynasty cause (like you said) alot of the D guys were still around Bru, Vrable, Seymour, etc..

In any event this is a new decade, and the team has a new basic concept so if we go on to win say 3 rings by 2015 (with next years draft it is not out of the question) it will be a new and separate dynasty.  However it will still be BB's genius tactics and Brady at the helm (of the offense) so there would be a tenuous connection between the two dynasties. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: Is this the start of another dynasty or a continuation of the one started in 2002?:
    [QUOTE]This will still be part of the Brady dynasty.  There wasn't multiple Ming dynasty's.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

The comparison to the Ming Dynasty is a little off. That one lasted from 1368 to 1644 and had dozens of different leaders all from one family line. If Kraft passes the team down to his son you could then make the assertion that it is the Kraft dynasty. The Brady dynasty? He's great and all, but it would have never happened without Kraft and BB. 30 other teams passed on Brady for 6 rounds. Obviously someone in the front office saw something in him. For his early (learning phase) career they surrounded him with vets and a great D. I'd say this will be the start of the second BB/Brady dynasty. The whole thing will be part of the Kraft dynasty.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

This is exactly what fans thought would happen when Brady initially came back.  Of course, it didn't happen and a few players retired. 

The ability to make so many complementary short/long-term decisions building up to this team is astonishing!  Yet, people will constantly call BB out directly after each draft selection is made.

However, this (year) is even better!  The Pats now have something they can build with for the next few years.  Hopefully, they learned a valuable lesson from 2007: DO NOT LET UP!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Too early for this discussion.  

If the Pats can win a few in the coming years,  it would consider it a new one.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

New one.  All the studs and difference makers are gone minus Brady, BB and a couple more.  We will have a new generation of playmakers in this dynasty.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]New one.  All the studs and difference makers are gone minus Brady, BB and a couple more.  We will have a new generation of playmakers in this dynasty.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

I guess it would be a mistake to leave out Mr. Kevin Faulk, who went to Chicago and remains part of the heart of the team.  If there was a spot in the HOF for third down back/"team player" Faulk would be first ballot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Ok lets do some research here, first the definition of a dynasty: a sequence of rulers from the same family, stock, or group. another definition is:a series of members of a family who are distinguished for their success.

So the key word here is family, stock or group. The Patriots still are owned by Kraft who still employs BB and still puts TB out on the field. This is the image of the Patiots, it has not changed. So I will have to not agree or disagree with all of you. Its both, my example is not a dynasty but similar. There was the Roman Republic and then there was the Roman Empire. Different but a continuation of Rome's dominance. You can't be the best all the time, but consider this a continuation of the Dynasty into a new era.

So you can't really call it a new dynasty if all the important figures are still there and sure its a new team for the Pats but overall not much has changed. Philosophy is the same and we have stayed a dominant team through out the years we didn't win a SB. The Pats current dynasty will end when Brady or BB retires.

thats my take at least.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]Ok lets do some research here, first the definition of a dynasty:  a   sequence   of   rulers   from   the   same   family,   stock,   or   group. another definition is: a   series   of   members   of   a   family   who   are   distinguished   for  their   success. So the key word here is family, stock or group. The Patriots still are owned by Kraft who still employs BB and still puts TB out on the field. This is the image of the Patiots, it has not changed. So I will have to not agree or disagree with all of you. Its both, my example is not a dynasty but similar. There was the Roman Republic and then there was the Roman Empire. Different but a continuation of Rome's dominance.  You can't be the best all the time, but consider this a continuation of the Dynasty into a new era. So you can't really call it a new dynasty if all the important figures are still there and sure its a new team for the Pats but overall not much has changed. Philosophy is the same and we have stayed a dominant team through out the years we didn't win a SB. The Pats current dynasty will end when Brady or BB retires. thats my take at least.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of what you say except that the "philosophy is the same".

It has changed from a solid middle class of veterans where the money was spread around, to a few superstars (who account for a huge portion of the payroll) and a bunch of rooks (darn good ones BTW) and minimum wage guys (formerly known as the Indy formula which got them one ring in 12 years of Manning's super stardom).  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only guys on the who were on the 01 SB team are Brady, Faulk, Light, and Neal.

Different team concept/mostly different players=different dynasty.

Definition of a sports dynasty?  Not really sure, but I'll try.

A team that wins and seriously contends for championships consitently in a given decade or 7 year period.

As for your family definition, that will be the Kraft dynasty when the team is passed down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

This could be the start od the second dynasty. To me the first officially ended in 2008 when TB got injured.

After next years draft when we reload with more top quality rookies, we will be unbeatable. we get to play the AFC west next year and the NFC east

Dynasty 2