Is This True?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Is This True?

I usually don't read Borges as I can't stand the guy, but this excerpt in his "report card" about Sunday's game caught my eye:

"Defensively, switching Devin McCourty to safety was wise and stiffened the back end of the defense a bit. The defense also seemed to have the right calls, especially in the second half when Bill Belichick seemed to handle the play-calling. Those good calls often were nixed by poor execution, but that’s on the players."

Did anyone see or read anything that corroborates the bolded assertion?  Interesting if true.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: Is This True?

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I usually don't read Borges as I can't stand the guy, but this excerpt in his "report card" about Sunday's game caught my eye:

"Defensively, switching Devin McCourty to safety was wise and stiffened the back end of the defense a bit. The defense also seemed to have the right calls, especially in the second half when Bill Belichick seemed to handle the play-calling. Those good calls often were nixed by poor execution, but that’s on the players."

Did anyone see or read anything that corroborates the bolded assertion?  Interesting if true.

[/QUOTE]

He has no access, so whatever he got for "information" is 2nd hand at best.  And even the wording is a hedge ... "seemed to handle ...".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I hope so. its what Ive been calling for for a while now. If B.B. designed the D , he needs to call something that will work. All I see from Patricia is cover 2 zone in which we get beat. Contrast that to what the jets did in the back end and its night and day.

They had K.Wilson playing deep middle, trailing Gronk and also watching Wes and when Wes broke to the middle, he came off Gronk and went to cover Wes and these are some things we used to execute well and now cant even execute a simple cover 2. Jets have 2 new safeties so no excuse if you ask me. Blitz and things will def. look better. Qbs dont like throwing in a hurry.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

The other key move which could have been by BB (since he drafted him) was putting ebner on Keller when jets spread formation at the end of game and ot... This move seemed to work on Sanchez since before Keller was huge for them.

Ebner got in kellers face and chased him... End result, no catches .

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would this be a good thing if true?

The D gave up 10 points in the 1st half and 16 in the 2nd half 13 of which were in the 4th Qtr.

[/QUOTE]

exactly.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to MightyCumEarly2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course it's true.  Everything played out perfectly at the end of the game because of the best coach in the world.  BB is the best, bar none. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a Jets troll.

[/QUOTE]

Lol, nice to see such a positive review mightycomeearly.