Is Tom Brady overpaid?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Is Tom Brady overpaid?

Where did I ever say Mankins's agent blew the negotiation? If I wanted BB to tag and trade Mankins and said that in early season 2010, why would I say Mankins lost?  Mankins got Evans money I didn't want for this team.   You seem to want to have overpaid players like Mankins and Brady. I don't. I want winners in the postseason, Johnny.

You just got caught lying like a sneak yet again.  LOSER.

As proven, Mankins is overpaid and overrated like I said in 2010.  Case finalized.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid?

Sure.  But he is paid as one of the best QB's, which he is... so.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

That's a post by Rusty... doesn't sit well with me at all. I'd like to know how he's overpaid really how is he overpaid. The fact is someone has to be the highest paid so who deserves it more than Brady! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I see.  Well Drew Brees is about to be over paid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Saying things like this simply prove to me that he has literally gone insane over the running the ball thing more. He's recently stated that BJGE deserved the money he got and he earned it all himself and it was down to him. So where does it differ between he and Brady. Brady's contract is worth 72 million he has literally done 70 times more for this franchise than BJGE so how is he overpaid Rusty? He just has the best career winnning percentage of any QB to ever play the da mn game by a stretch at that. Montana is next to him with .718 Rapelisberger is next on .708 what's Brady's. Brady's is .780 nearly 80% this is in a league they say wins are rare in!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid?:
    [QUOTE]Saying things like this simply prove to me that he has literally gone insane over the running the ball thing more. He's recently stated that BJGE deserved the money he got and he earned it all himself and it was down to him. So where does it differ between he and Brady. Brady's contract is worth 72 million he has literally done 70 times more for this franchise than BJGE so how is he overpaid Rusty? He just has the best career winnning percentage of any QB to ever play the da mn game by a stretch at that. Montana is next to him with .718 Rapelisberger is next on .708 what's Brady's. Brady's is .780 nearly 80% this is in a league they say wins are rare in!!
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

I don't think Brady is over paid but I do think the Patriots have given him too much responsibility meaning they have depended too much on him passing the ball all the time. They'll find he can be even more effective if they have the dominating running game like they did when Dillion was here. But they now have better receiving weapons that should be open by the running game weakening the defense and soften the defensive secondary's.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : I don't think Brady is over paid but I do think the Patriots have given him too much responsibility meaning they have depended too much on him passing the ball all the time. They'll find he can be even more effective if they have the dominating running game like they did when Dillion was here. But they now have better receiving weapons that should be open by the running game weakening the defense and soften the defensive secondary's.
    Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]

Hey man i'm 100% behind you on this view it just makes sense, he's disadvantaging himself with too much passing that's the bottom line! I don't believe he audibles he passes too much in fact I was even looking at the drive charts for the superbowl tonight and they really were quite balanced other than in the end of game scenario and 2 minute drill at the end of the half. The gains were tiny on the ground though and a few minus yardage runs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : Hey man i'm 100% behind you on this view it just makes sense, he's disadvantaging himself with too much passing that's the bottom line! I don't believe he audibles he passes too much in fact I was even looking at the drive charts for the superbowl tonight and they really were quite balanced other than in the end of game scenario and 2 minute drill at the end of the half. The gains were tiny on the ground though and a few minus yardage runs
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Great info. But it's not just this past Super Bowl. If they had more success with the running game they could rely on it and give them more options in crucial situations.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

This thread seems to be missing posts... did Rusty get banned AGAIN?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

If a smart business man like Bob Kraft thought it was a good contract then it must be. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In answer to the question posed:  Brady is among the best in the game (if not the best) and is being paid accordingly; he's being paid consistent with the market. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chloedancer65. Show Chloedancer65's posts

No! If Peyton could get 96 Million for 5 years and didn't even play at all, I think Brady should get his due. Manning has NECK problems, which I know oh too well. You are never the same after a fusion. But I do think in the bigger picture all athletes are over paid, especially in baseball. It's not like they have cured cancer...but I don't blame them but I think over zealous agents and really Steinbrenner's need to WIN started the trend!!! Another reason to hate the Yankees!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Brady is not overpaid.  He brings a lot of value to the Patriots.  He is a great QB but also he is a marketing tool.  He brings a lot to the Patriot image.  He is clean cut.  A family man.   He does not cause trouble.  He does not try to keep himself in the spotlight by stupid moves or comments.  His value to the team is both on and off the field.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think the question should be: "Is Rusty overpaid?"  I don't know what they pay him in whatever call center he works in, but anyone who posts on BDC 1,000 times a month from work is definitely way, way overpaid . . .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

At least were in NE and not in Cleveland or Arizona wondering if our QB is overpaid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]This thread seems to be missing posts... did Rusty get banned AGAIN?
    Posted by MattC05[/QUOTE]

HAHA nah man i don't think so, I read that and got quite annoyed so i wrote a few too many posts. He'll never write on this thread though, he talked yesterday about how he'd admit to being wrong if he was....now is his chance because he is soo wrong. Either that or he'll be here calling everyone an idiot and doing his best to spin his way out of another hole he's dug.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The funny part is (not just how stupid it is to bash a future hall of fame QB), but if you go around saying Bill Belichick is the best GM of all time, how can you then turn around and say he overpaid two of the better known players on this team? As a GM I would have to think these are some of the better moves he made (maybe not paying a guard 40 million, but paying Brady, yes). 

I personally don't think Brady is overpaid - in fact I think if he weren't on this team we'd be in big trouble based off the talent we currently have on defense.

I think some people need to see what this franchise would be like if we had a QB like Mark Sanchez or Rex Grossman. I'll tell you what, we wouldn't be blowing away defenses (putting up 35-40 points a game). We wouldn't be able to sustain the 30 plus points or loss in time of possession that our defense would yield. We wouldn't have the luxury to be able to say, well maybe Cunningham and Dawling will be good players NEXT year. We'd actually have to worry as balls fly over the heads of our overmatched safeties - for first down, after first down.

One guy on this board doesn't have a clue.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Ditto mthurl Seems like everyone to post so far believes Brady earns his keep, comprared to Russ who believes Brady is overpaid...Russ, weigh in please.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

This thread is hilarious.

It's a cross between 21 year olds who can't hold their booze and think they're at the age where they have all the answers in the world (Mcnamemin), the same irrational BBWs with their Brady underoos on, our Giants dorky troll from Long Island, and PatsLifer asking me to weigh in.

Of course Brady is overpaid. Gomer Manning is also overpaid.  I love how the players union is balking about the salary cap and whatnot, but none of their players have been paid more in recent years than they are now.   The players built the league so they should be paid well, but the market is also seeing an artificial spike with some teams needing to get to a cap floor by 2014.

Brady and Gomer wouldn't be overpaid if they led their team to a SB title, however. It won't happen with Gomer in Denver, but Brady could justify why he's paid 6 times more than he was in 2004.

Brady is taking the paycut, realizing he is overpaid.   And the arrogance to continue to say the talent we have on defense is bad, to imply we'd be  bad team without Brady is beyond annoying at this point.

Inexperience or newer players jelling or attempting to grow at the same time is not a lack ot "talent", idiot Hurl.  It's amazing how stupid you are.

We lost the SB due to Tom Brady.  At 20 million per, I expect more from him than Sterling Moore. Moore outperformed Brady in the SB. Truth hurts, but sometimes you have to admit it to move on.  If you don't admit the truth, this means you are delusional and have mental illness.  Babe Parilli has this problem. We've all seen how he is here.

2 1sts, 2 2nds, and more FAS banging down the door to play here and you'll watch a top 10 D next year here in NE, with us wondering if Brady will play better in the postseason.

Yup.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]I think the question should be: "Is Rusty overpaid?"  I don't know what they pay him in whatever call center he works in, but anyone who posts on BDC 1,000 times a month from work is definitely way, way overpaid . . .
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Considering I start my new consulting bd gig on April 9, and making more money than my last 2 year stint, I am pretty sure I am not overpaid.  I earn what I'm paid.

It's called skills and it's called intelligence AND being a valued employee in the workforce up against other competition.

I don't know too many people with a Six Sigma certification one year out of college, do you? lol

Enjoy your union, Prolate.  Weak.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

He's being paid the going rate for an elite QB in today's NFL.

If the going rate is too much money to some, then sure, he's overpaid.

But in terms of his craft, his position, and the state of the league today, he's being paid at the market rate for a guy at his level who plays his position.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

So, what are you saying?  Simply because the Pats haven't won a SB since 2005 and the fact Brady has been one of, if not the top, performing QBs of all time, he doesn't deserve the pay he gets?  If you were a GM, with that thought train, you'd be lucky to hold onto any of your top players who really deserve top pay.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]This thread is hilarious. It's a cross between 21 year olds who can't hold their booze and think they're at the age where they have all the answers in the world (Mcnamemin), the same irrational BBWs with their Brady underoos on, our Giants dorky troll from Long Island, and PatsLifer asking me to weigh in. Of course Brady is overpaid. Gomer Manning is also overpaid.  I love how the players union is balking about the salary cap and whatnot, but none of their players have been paid more in recent years than they are now.   The players built the league so they should be paid well, but the market is also seeing an artificial spike with some teams needing to get to a cap floor by 2014. Brady and Gomer wouldn't be overpaid if they led their team to a SB title, however. It won't happen with Gomer in Denver, but Brady could justify why he's paid 6 times more than he was in 2004. Brady is taking the paycut, realizing he is overpaid.   And the arrogance to continue to say the talent we have on defense is bad, to imply we'd be  bad team without Brady is beyond annoying at this point. Inexperience or newer players jelling or attempting to grow at the same time is not a lack ot "talent", idiot Hurl.  It's amazing how stupid you are. We lost the SB due to Tom Brady.  At 20 million per, I expect more from him than Sterling Moore. Moore outperformed Brady in the SB. Truth hurts, but sometimes you have to admit it to move on.  If you don't admit the truth, this means you are delusional and have mental illness.  Babe Parilli has this problem. We've all seen how he is here. 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and more FAS banging down the door to play here and you'll watch a top 10 D next year here in NE, with us wondering if Brady will play better in the postseason. Yup.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Jeez I'm starting to think you are dumb as nails. Blaming a QB for losing a Super Bowl because he made two mistakes in an entire game...

The fact is if we had won that game he would of been Super Bowl MVP, you do realize that don't you? The greatest GM of all time put a guy like Sterling Moore on this team..you do realize this? Sterling Moore is also on the team because unfortunately there was no one better on the roster to play his position. This is supposed to be the genius in our value approach (we sign cheaper end talent so the 2nd, 3rd or 4th string guy is almost as good as the first). Spread the money around.

You really need to stop with the absurd idea that Brady is a reason why we lost the Super Bowl and that this team would do just fine without him (because the talent is loaded). Do you live in a closet? And by the way...I'm going to hold you to the fact that you said we will have a top ten defense next year. What seems reasonable to you, 7th overall...maybe 8th overall? Don't go deleting your account on me now.

And you really should stop attacking people...you know the calling them stupid etc. It makes you sound even more like a moron and that's not easy to do:)

25. This post has been removed.