Is Tom Brady overpaid?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid?

You have the worst reading comprehension ever.  Yes, I have a Six Sigma certification because I interned while in college, 10 years ago, moron. That doesn't mean I just graduated. 

You are so stupid, Phat Rex.  Try reading Hardy Boys book, reject.  Start there.

It's still so comical to me that people (insecure trolls) who are clearly far below my (and others) intelligence level pretend they can talk down to me.  It's still the funniest aspect of this board.

The dumb talk down to the intelligent. Only here. Only here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid?:
    An overpaid debate over anyone is just about as dumb as overrated.  Both are completely dependant upon a teams needs, history, the market that year, the players demands etc.  If 1)a team has no pass rush and NEEDS a pass rush more than any other team need and 2)there is a player on the market that is a great player that would fit their system and need while 3) the team has some cash to spend that team can and often will overpay to secure that player. If a team is a QB away from having a great team and there is one on the market that you may have to pay top dollar for, you do it.   In our case, Brady is our team.  He runs our complicated offense, he covers for a lack of a decent running game, he covers for a poor defense.  he makes a lot of money, but saves us money in other areas because he's so good.   In reality, we should give him the check book full of signed checks.  We are pretty lucky that he doesn't demand his true worth.
    Posted by Bustchise

Bingo! And the truth is I have no bias towards the guy in this ongoing ragging argument - I've never met him and really I have no idea of what type of person he is (he seems like a good person - someone not to be confused with Brandon Merriweather, but you never know). I'm just going off what I see on the field.

This is what I see...a guy that is as accurate and consistent as any quarterback I've seen. I see a guy that almost never has had a poor stretch (unheard of). This guy takes hits and plays injured/hurt and for the most part plays pretty damn well injured. He can avoid the rush and make every single throw - he almost never throws someone under the bus through the media and is a team leader.

There is not one single person in football circles that would call this guy overpaid or the problem with this team and yet one guy runs around here bashing him daily. It's laughable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

All professional football players, baseball players, basketball players and hockey players are over paid. Problem is we are all so willing to pay such large sums of money and sit in front of the TV and not miss a game that the money gets generated and has to go to someone. Too bad at least some of it doesn't go to keeping ticket prices low enough so that more kids can go to games. There are a WHOLE lot fewer kids at all these games than when I was a kid. Its too bad.

But it is not a critical social issue is it? And getting back to the thread, there is a salaray cap so that teams all spend very close to the same amount of money. So in that case no, Brady is not overpaid. And guess what, he is not underpaid either.

Actually it is not much of a question to contemplate. And by the way, Mankins is not overpaid either. If you opinion differs from essentially every one of his team matesd as well as the team themself - and the owner - well then you have a problem that no one else shares and you would be well advised to go spend time doing something constructive - for you or for others.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : Have you noticed when people continually claim that they are smarter than everyone else, it's because they are not?  What's Hardy Boys? Another one of your pedo books?    
    Posted by Bustchise

No, I haven't Phat Rex. As anyone here  can attest, who has seen you and I debate, we all know who is smarter without needing to announce that fact. lol

As for the reading suggestion, my mistake.  I meant to suggest to you my sister's Sweet Valley High collection of books. Perfect for you.  Perfect for all Jets fans, actually.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

All professional football players, baseball players, basketball players and hockey players are over paid. Problem is we are all so willing to pay such large sums of money and sit in front of the TV and not miss a game that the money gets generated and has to go to someone. Too bad at least some of it doesn't go to keeping ticket prices low enough so that more kids can go to games. There are a WHOLE lot fewer kids at all these games than when I was a kid. Its too bad. But it is not a critical social issue is it? And getting back to the thread, there is a salaray cap so that teams all spend very close to the same amount of money. So in that case no, Brady is not overpaid. And guess what, he is not underpaid either. Actually it is not much of a question to contemplate. And by the way, Mankins is not overpaid either. If you opinion differs from essentially every one of his team matesd as well as the team themself - and the owner - well then you have a problem that no one else shares and you would be well advised to go spend time doing something constructive - for you or for others.
    Posted by portfolio1

Right. I suppose Seymour isn't overpaid in Oakland at 14 mil per year, too, right?  I don't really care what the stigma in the media is with these players. They were once better than they are now in the market.   Both Seymour and now Mankins were better under their rookie deals as younger players than they are now.   Hard to argue with that fact.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Can Rusty go a single post without using the word moron ot attacking any user that points out his flawed posts?
    Posted by Bustchise

Oh, sure, Phat Rex. Nice backpedal and passive aggressive post.  Can dish it, but can't take it, can you, troll?

I don't blame you. You reading Sweet Valley High books to help your reading comprehension problems is a funny image for all of us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : Here we go^^ Your man lust blinds you from reality. Aren't you a dork who is bragging how great Brady is, how he's paid fine, etc, and then when the chips are on the table it's ok for him to suck in the AFC title game (his words/I agree with) and be just mediocre again in a SB, and it's ok? He's our best player, MORON.  Get it?  He's paid the most. You're such  a fraud for trying to have your cake and eat it too. We can't win a SB with a QB playing poorly at times in the game. Not going to hapen. So yes, a few bad plays can absolutely be the difference. In back to back games, he threw two of the worst INTs of his career. Each was on 1st down with a lead.  The rest of us knolwedgeable fans here will admit that each play was absolutely unacceptable and atrocious.  Jay Cutler/Favre/Sanchez level ATROCIOUS. As a follow up to this debate: NE can walk away from Brady's contract at any time, folks. This means Brady is allowing BB to treat Brady how he sees fit.  One problem with this fanbase, especiallu on the internet, is not facing reality when it comes to its favorite players. Only Brady can control how long BB holds onto Brady.  Yep.  If Brady starts to fade, doesn't improve his postseasons, don't expect Brady to play here until 40. If he fades, isn't worth the money in 2014, don't expect BB to sit still.  Brady is helping the organization unlike GOmer Manning, which is a good thing, but don't be fooled. This is a business.  We had moron Pats fans shocked that Harrison and Bruschi retired when they did.  None of the best players are untouchable in this league, or they shouldn't be.  It's a business. Enjoy this next season with Brady.  Hopefully he has a great one and wins it all so they can feel good about extending his contract past 2013.  Don't think he's here just to coast back there until 40.
    Posted by BassFishing

It's kind of funny how you mention how players can be let go etc. It's what makes the evil nfl salary cap the most fluid thing in all of sports, yet you love to bring up "salary cap hell". Seymore makes 14 million? Oh my heavens! You know what will happen if they decide to rid themselves of him? They will just cut him.

Now if you'll excuse me I've got to take the kids to see "The Hunger Games" and have little twirps kick the living daylights out of my seat. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

There is a cap hit when you cut someone and if you draft poorly like Oakland does, they'd have simply paid Seymour for no reason other than thinking the name on the back of the jersey matters.

It doesn't. This is what you don't get in your man love for Brady.

You're no different than Al Davis, Mike Tannenboob or Dan Snyder.  Enjoy!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Brady is taking the paycut, realizing he is overpaid.  

Oh my, Rusty . . . before you start talking about how intelligent you are and how dumb we all are, you've got to get a few simple and basic facts right.  Restructuring a contract is not the same as taking a pay cut.  In fact, all Brady did is accept more money in bonus now in return for less money in salary later.  It's the same amount of money, he just gets it faster and in a different form.  Financially, the restructuring benefits Brady because he gets his money faster!  The advantage for the Pats is they can pro-rate the salary cap accounting cost of the bonus payment over a longer period, meaning they can defer some of the cap hit for Brady to a future year when presumably the cap will be higher. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : I wish I was as well read as you.  I just have no idea whe Sweet Valley High is.  It sounds kindagay.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  But you keep bringing it up. 
    Posted by Bustchise

Well, I have siblings. One of them is a female.  She and her friends all read the Sweet Valley High books.  I am sure everyone here is chuckling nodding their heads knowing exactly what those books are if they had a sister or sisters as well.

The fact you'd fit right in reading those books is what we're laughing at, Phat Rex.

That and you thinking you can troll here as some posing Pats fan because you have no life whatsover, using this board to create personas and board characters as a form of your entertainment, while showcasing your poor brain development as an adult at the same time. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : Oh my, Rusty . . . before you start talking about how intelligent you are and how dumb we all are, you've got to get a few simple and basic facts right.  Restructuring a contract is not the same as taking a pay cut.  In fact, all Brady did is accept more money in bonus now in return for less money in salary later.  It's the same amount of money, he just gets it faster and in a different form.  Financially, the restructuring benefits Brady because he gets his money faster!  The advantage for the Pats is they can pro-rate the salary cap accounting cost of the bonus payment over a longer period, meaning they can defer some of the cap hit for Brady to a future year when presumably the cap will be higher. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Not true. If you get hurt or can't play due to that injury you may never see that restuctured money. So yes, restructuring which many players won't do due to that risk, is like taking a paycut.

Absolutely.

It's not literally the same, but taking the risk of restructuring and injury to never see it in the future, would be like taking a paycut.  The money isn't guaranteed if you restructure.

Otherwise, it would have been originally structured that way to begin with, professor.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : So, you've been out of college for 10 years, but live with your sister and see what she and all of her friends are reading? Regarding no life, you may want to check the number of posts on just one of your many screen names.
    Posted by Bustchise

No, it's called rememebering the books any pre-pubescent girl would read at age 12.

Did you even attend middle school? lol

I have one sceeen name, unlike you, Phat Rex. You aren't fooling anyone. What you don't realize is you slip up and show the patterns that Phat Rex eventually shows here under your many names, whether it's Bejesus, Phat Rex, or now "Bustchise".

It's funny how you think you have us fooled.  You don't.   You're a loser Jets fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : Not true. If you get hurt or can't play due to that injury you may never see that restuctured money. So yes, restructuring which many players won't do due to that risk, is like taking a paycut. Absolutely. It's not literally the same, but taking the risk of restructuring and injury to never see it in the future, would be like taking a paycut.  The money isn't guaranteed if you restructure. Otherwise, it would have been originally structured that way to begin with, professor.
    Posted by BassFishing

You have no idea what you're talking about.  Maybe Bob Kraft can help you . . . 

"I think we're blessed to have the number one quarterback in the NFL," Kraft said of Brady. "But let's also remember, that when he restructures his deal, he's getting a big bundle of cash up-front. But it is helping us create cap room."

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : Not always.  I'l tell you when there is a cap hit.  When Bill cut Meriweather, Bodden, Warren, Kaczur, TBC... I think we are still paying those guys in 2012.  So because Bill cut Meriweather and some other high round picks while they were still in their rookie deals, you think Bill drafts poorly?
    Posted by Bustchise

None of those players were taking up a large cap hit when cut.  Bodden also had a back injury. An injury.

Meriweather was playing on a dirt cheap contract.   Kazcur? 5th rd pick.  Very, very small impact on the cap. Very small. Like your brain and wee-wee, Phat Rex.

You just focus on the Jets unable to shop Bart Scott, and that cap hit when they cut him soon. LMAO

Nighty night, Phat Rex.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : That makes sense.  You're a  pre-pubescent girl.
    Posted by Bustchise

Wow!  What a witty comeback!  Everyone here is in stitches. I think it's more fun to know who you are Phat Rex.  Time to bury this "Bustchise" persona now, Phat Rex.  Retire that one and start using more of the "1guy1sharp" one now. lmao

Exposed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : You have no idea what you're talking about.  Maybe Bob Kraft can help you . . .  "I think we're blessed to have the number one quarterback in the NFL," Kraft said of Brady. "But let's also remember, that when he restructures his deal, he's getting a big bundle of cash up-front. But it is helping us create cap room."
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Right. But, if he got hurt tomorrow, the cash in 2013 wouldn't even be there. They could just cut him and walk away from the deal which is what I just said above. He gets more money upfront like Sanchez just did.  

I know exactly what I am talking about.  NE can walk away from Brady in 2013. Doubtful, but with his age and the cap spiking in 2014, you just never know.

Look at what just happend with the Colts and Gomer.  They HAD to pay him 28 million they didn't want to risk or pay for with the #1 pick, so they got nothing.  If Gomer had structured his deal differently, even by taking more cash up front like Brady is doing, he loses leverage in staying a Colt.

You're not realizing that just because Brady says I want to play until I am 40, that doesn't mean he can or he'll be 2010 Brady.

By BB getting him to restructure, it helps the cap, BB can move money around to give Brady more cash now, but it also hurts Brady's chances of retiring a Patriot. 

That one injury changes things. 

Source:

Patriots can walk away from Brady contract

Views
    Comments

08:01 AM ET 03.28 | Tom Brady quietly restructured his contract late last week, and the new arrangement underscores an unfortunate reality for NFL players: Numbers aren't always what they seem. In dropping his 2012 cap number from $15.2 million to $8 million, Brady received $10.8 million to sign and a reduced, but fully guaranteed, base salary of $950,000. But he has no guarantees beyond that. The Patriots can release Brady without consequence at any time before the fifth day of the 2013 league year. If they don't, his $9.75 million base salary becomes fully guaranteed. ... Then, if Brady is on the roster for the last game of the 2013 season, his base salary of $9.75 million for 2014 becomes fully guaranteed.

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/326330-patriots-can-walk-away-from-brady-contract#ixzz1qiE0tSfo

So, good deal for the Pats as a team, thanks to Brady for doing it and we'll see. 

Sections
Shortcuts