Is Tom Brady overpaid?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid?

In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : Right. But, if he got hurt tomorrow, the cash in 2013 wouldn't even be there. They could just cut him and walk away from the deal which is what I just said above. He gets more money upfront like Sanchez just did.   I know exactly what I am talking about.  NE can walk away from Brady in 2013. Doubtful, but with his age and the cap spiking in 2014, you just never know.   
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

No wonder you think you're so intelligent.  You're too dumb to know when you're wrong!

If he got cut tomorrow and hadn't restructured he'd be even in worse shape because he wouldn't have gotten the accelerated payment he got when he restructured.  If the reports I've read are accurate, Brady was due to get about $5.8 million in salary and about $6 million in roster bonus for the upcoming season (total of $11.8 million total).  If the Pats had cut him, he would have lost all of that.  With the restructuring, he gets a guaranteed signing bonus of $10.8 million and a salary of about $1 million ($11.8 million total again).   But if he gets cut now, he keeps the $10.8 million and loses just $1 million. 

Just admit it, man, you are way, way out of your league in this discussion . . .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

If Brady blows out his leg in our awful, one dimensional pass happy 40 times per game offense (I love how this plays into this discussion especially with you and your arrogance), Brady will be released and will not be paid a dime in 2013.

End of story.  Just what about this above post that I sourced is confusing for you?  Maybe if you weren't so belligerent in your man love for Brady, you could see things better?

I love when someone tries to show me up and then clearly doesn't get it. 

Brady wants to retire a Patriot, so his contract in terms of years and stability is WEAKENED.  Christ, GOMER  has a better contract right now than Tom Brady. Think about that.

So, no, as usual, when you say I'm wrong, I'm really not. I'm just 5 steps ahead of you and you're not getting it.

Mark Sanchez's restructure is similar, but different. He gets paid quicker, but really his career in this league is teetering on the edge.    I am not saying Brady's is either, but each is taking some risk in each's situation.

The fact is, Brady better be better in the postseason and best stay healthy or he doesn't see a dime in 2013 or 2014.   Read up on the topic before trying to talk down to me, Prolate.  I applaud Brady for doing this to help the team in the cap era.  But, you're an imbecile if you think him not guaranteeing himself past 2012 is somehow a great move for a 35 year old QB.

You just did it in the other thread with True Champ, arrogantly lying again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : No, it's called rememebering the books any pre-pubescent girl would read at age 12. Did you even attend middle school? lol I have one sceeen name, unlike you, Phat Rex. You aren't fooling anyone. What you don't realize is you slip up and show the patterns that Phat Rex eventually shows here under your many names, whether it's Bejesus, Phat Rex, or now "Bustchise". It's funny how you think you have us fooled.  You don't.   You're a loser Jets fan.
    Who cares? get a life. I'm here to converse FB and all you bring is a pi ssing contest to anyone (now nearly everyone) who doesn't concur with your 100 or so a day rants. You sound like that kid in his/her high school band who is out of step but convinces his/her mama that he's/she's the only one in proper step. Get help. Just for the record. There are a number of intelligent posters on this forum that maybe, just maybe, as smart or God forbid even smarter than you. If you look up megalomaniac's meaning, there should be an illustration of you next to it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : Who cares? get a life. I'm here to converse FB and all you bring is a pi ssing contest to anyone (now nearly everyone) who doesn't concur with your 100 or so a day rants. You sound like that kid in his/her high school band who is out of step but convinces his/her mama that he's/she's the only one in proper step. Get help. Just for the record. There are a number of intelligent posters on this forum that maybe, just maybe, as smart or God forbid even smarter than you. If you look up megalomaniac's meaning, there should be an illustration of you next to it. 
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES[/QUOTE]

As opposed to the Jets troll or people like Prolate who have bigger egos than myself here?

That makes little sense.   Who cares if people engage and allow Phat Rex/Bustchise and his loser buddies to create characters and troll?  Really, dude? Are you a PAts fan?

The selfish agenda driven trolls or people like Prolate are the ones that ruin the discussions, so I do care.  I don't have an agenda. I enjoy talking Pats, the NFL, etc, and things tied to it.  I don't like dumb people who somehow find a habit of talking down to me. It's funny but also annoying for the board. If I walk into a Walmart and someone talks down to me, I am likely laughing in their face.  No different here with the troll you're currently defending as an enabler.

The mods would be wise to help the board instead of ignoring the spamming.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]If Brady blows out his leg in our awful, one dimensional pass happy 40 times per game offense (I love how this plays into this discussion especially with you and your arrogance), Brady will be released and will not be paid a dime in 2013. End of story.  Just what about this above post that I sourced is confusing for you?  Maybe if you weren't so belligerent in your man love for Brady, you could see things better? Brady wants to retire a Patriot, so his contract in terms of years and stability is WEAKENED.  Christ, GOMER  has a better contract right now than Tom Brady. Think about that. So, no, as usual, when you say I'm wrong, I'm really not. I'm just 5 steps ahead of you and you're not getting it. Mark Sanchez's restructure is similar, but different. He gets paid quicker, but really his career in this league is teetering on the edge.    I am not saying Brady's is either, but each is taking some risk in each's situation.

Ask yourself, Rusty: Did Brady have those guarantees before his contract was restructured?  As far as I can tell from everything I've read, no.  So he didn't lose any guarantees in restructuring.  He was at the same risk of losing his income due to injury or being cut prior to the restructuring as he is after it.  The old contract had the same rules about guarantees not coming into force until the fifth day of the 2013 league year (at least according to the reports in the Boston Herald and elsewhere from 2010).  This is nothing new with the restructured contract. 

(Florio, by the way, who is the source of your story, is not the best guy to rely on for contract details--he's frequently as confused as you are it seems.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

It's not Florio.  It's sourced by many different outlets. Florio just picked it up.

So, is this your backpedal then?  Apology accepted.  lol

Keep those apologies coming, Prolate.  Try one out on True Champ in the other thread after lying.

Here's what your problem is with your analysis on Brady's situation: You see #12, his great regular seasons, etc, and aren't realizing how fast things can change. You and your other BBWs need to be ready for the day when he isn't the same, or gof forbid, can't get out the pocket, is drilled and isn't able to return.

Look no further than Gomer Manning.  Don't think for a second BB will sabotage the team because of #12.  This is what you need to accept. The restructure serves all parties involved.

The best thing for Brady, the team, etc, moving forward is to go to more of a run base style for games (Not every game all the time), to spread out the risk of Brady sustaining an injury that hampers any justification of his market value in 2014.

Again, teams will overpay QBs (possibly NOs with Brees) out of desperation, which only spikes the potential for Brady's value when that cap floor hits in 2014.

You need to get past the delusion that Brady is untouchable.  BB ain't pulling an early 1990s Celtics thing with Bird, McHale and Parish just to appease newer fans like you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]It's not Florio.  It's sourced by many different outlets. Florio just picked it up. So, is this your backpedal then?  Apology accepted.  lol Keep those apologies coming, Prolate.  Try one out on True Champ in the other thread after lying.

Well Florio reports it as if it's his story and the link you posted refers back to the Florio article. 

But you haven't addressed the facts at all I notice.  You know why?  Because you absolutely completely lost this one.  You're dead wrong.  There's no place for you to run now . . . but go ahead try to change the subject.  Just laughable.  Pathetic, really. 

Complete beat down. 

But who cares, I've got better things to do.  

Talk to you later . . . 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Another backpedal.  Again, I'm 10 steps ahead of you on this.  Hence, why you're running away. I get it. You're embarrassed just like on the 40+ passing per game concept and SB 46's loss due to Brady's missteps in the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : As opposed to the Jets troll or people like Prolate who have bigger egos than myself here? That makes little sense.   Who cares if people engage and allow Phat Rex/Bustchise and his loser buddies to create characters and troll?  Really, dude? Are you a PAts fan? The selfish agenda driven trolls or people like Prolate are the ones that ruin the discussions, so I do care.  I don't have an agenda. I enjoy talking Pats, the NFL, etc, and things tied to it.  I don't like dumb people who somehow find a habit of talking down to me. It's funny but also annoying for the board. If I walk into a Walmart and someone talks down to me, I am likely laughing in their face.  No different here with the troll you're currently defending as an enabler. The mods would be wise to help the board instead of ignoring the spamming.
    #1) I'm a Giants fan and not here to incite confrontational discussions.
    #2) Audacious for you to refer to people as talking down to you when that's your MO.
    #3) Big time consultants don't shop 'Wally World'. 
    #4) Gotcha!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Ahh, so now we see your agenda.  You're a Giants fan.  Duly noted and my point is proven.

You, too, do nothing to add to this board. You're agenda is to defend your ilk here, even if you aren't as annoying as they are. 

Thanks for proving my point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]This thread is hilarious. It's a cross between 21 year olds who can't hold their booze and think they're at the age where they have all the answers in the world (Mcnamemin), the same irrational BBWs with their Brady underoos on, our Giants dorky troll from Long Island, and PatsLifer asking me to weigh in. Of course Brady is overpaid. Gomer Manning is also overpaid.  I love how the players union is balking about the salary cap and whatnot, but none of their players have been paid more in recent years than they are now.   The players built the league so they should be paid well, but the market is also seeing an artificial spike with some teams needing to get to a cap floor by 2014. Brady and Gomer wouldn't be overpaid if they led their team to a SB title, however. It won't happen with Gomer in Denver, but Brady could justify why he's paid 6 times more than he was in 2004. Brady is taking the paycut, realizing he is overpaid.   And the arrogance to continue to say the talent we have on defense is bad, to imply we'd be  bad team without Brady is beyond annoying at this point. Inexperience or newer players jelling or attempting to grow at the same time is not a lack ot "talent", idiot Hurl.  It's amazing how stupid you are. We lost the SB due to Tom Brady.  At 20 million per, I expect more from him than Sterling Moore. Moore outperformed Brady in the SB. Truth hurts, but sometimes you have to admit it to move on.  If you don't admit the truth, this means you are delusional and have mental illness.  Babe Parilli has this problem. We've all seen how he is here. 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and more FAS banging down the door to play here and you'll watch a top 10 D next year here in NE, with us wondering if Brady will play better in the postseason. Yup.

Haha ok take a cheap dig at me becuase I was on here a little drunk on st. paddys. For your information as i've said before I throw javelin and I don't like to brag about it but i'm pretty big time on the national scene top 30 anyway so I don't drink as a rule after st. paddys therefore i wasn't drinking last night and you've proven how pathetic you are to me by having to resort to that! Look around man find me someone who thinks Brady is overpaid do it and i'll be with you if you find one person, ONE!! In the grand scheme of things he's not overpaid. No one player has meant more to this franchise than Brady! I can't believe you don't appreciate that, your mind has been deluded by what is a valid point that we need to run more. Sterling Moore in no way had a better superbowl than Brady, when Brady threw the 1st interception he was having probably the best superbowl by any QB ever. Look at the drive charts from that game and you'll see that they were quite balanced on offense other than in 2 minute and end game scenarios. The gains were pathetic by the 2 running backs, I think there was an 8 yard long run accompanied by a few minus yardage runs. These are all facts by the way not like your opinions, such as the idea that Brady audibles into pass plays wayyyyy too much, that won't ever be a fact it'll be your opinion becuase that information will never be public  

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I think Peyton Manning is overpaid by the Broncos.  He may never be the same again after 4 neck surgeries and the Broncos made him the highest paid player in the NFL.  So I will say no, Brady is not overpaid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : spin it anyway you want, in 2012 we are paying Kaczur, TBC, Bodden, and Warren 8 mil and they didn't play for us in 2011.   This is one of my favorite things about Bill.  he'll cut you in a heartbeat if he thinks he can get better performance elsewhere.  But the fact that you are claiming that because Kaczur was a 5th round pick that he isn't costing almost a mil on the 2012 cap is hilarious. Let's see, who could we sign for 8 mil in 2012? 
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

Stop saying "we" to try to play yourself off as a Pats fan here.

It's patheitc Prolate is aligned with you. That's how far Prolate has fallen with his ego here. Babe Parilli is one, Hurl is another, and now Prolate, aligned with a troll aka Phat Rex.  Pathetic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : Haha ok take a cheap dig at me becuase I was on here a little drunk on st. paddys. For your information as i've said before I throw javelin and I don't like to brag about it but i'm pretty big time on the national scene top 30 anyway so I don't drink as a rule after st. paddys therefore i wasn't drinking last night and you've proven how pathetic you are to me by having to resort to that! Look around man find me someone who thinks Brady is overpaid do it and i'll be with you if you find one person, ONE!! In the grand scheme of things he's not overpaid. No one player has meant more to this franchise than Brady! I can't believe you don't appreciate that, your mind has been deluded by what is a valid point that we need to run more. Sterling Moore in no way had a better superbowl than Brady, when Brady threw the 1st interception he was having probably the best superbowl by any QB ever. Look at the drive charts from that game and you'll see that they were quite balanced on offense other than in 2 minute and end game scenarios. The gains were pathetic by the 2 running backs, I think there was an 8 yard long run accompanied by a few minus yardage runs. These are all facts by the way not like your opinions, such as the idea that Brady audibles into pass plays wayyyyy too much, that won't ever be a fact it'll be your opinion becuase that information will never be public  
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

You throw a javelin?  

The gains were pathetic by the backs because we used Woodhead as a lead back and only subbed in BJGE for obligatory runs (minus the great TD drive out of half). LAST TIME I say this.

It's the subbing. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

The Patriots have never averaged 40 attempts per game since Brady assumed the reins.  The high was 38 per game this year with 36 in 2007, both times winning the AFC championship.  The low was 30 in 2001 (Brady's first year) and 30 in 2004 with Corey Dillon.  In 2003 they aveaged 34 attempts per game

Please feel free to ignore these facts as you have concerning stats on the running games as well

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : Now that is what is referred to as backpedaling.   Instead of defending your lies about the 8 million in dead money, you just claim everyone is a troll.   Why don’t you tell us again how Bill didn’t cut high draft picks in the preseason last year. As for all of these folks that you claim are 'aligned' with one another... grow the freak up.  This is not one of your online gaming communities, this is not Risk, this is a sports forum.  Nobody is "aligned' with anyone else.  Nobody, except you, even cares. 
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

Most teams have a budget for assumed dead money, Phat Rex.  EVERY SINGLE TEAM, including yours.  Yours just happens to be one of the worst in that area.

You would love it if you could troll around here with people not realizing you're Phat Rex, Phat Rex/Bustchise, wouldn't you? lmao

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]The Patriots have never averaged 40 attempts per game since Brady assumed the reins.  The high was 38 per game this year with 36 in 2007, both times winning the AFC championship.  The low was 2001 (Brady's first year) and 30 in 2004 with Corey Dillon.  In 2003 they aveaged 34 attempts per game Please feel free to ignore these facts as you have concerning stats on the running games as well
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

Ahem, you don't think 36 or a ridiculous average of 38 times is high?  Are you kidding me?

Here are two facts: 

1. 99% of the time when NE plays a good D and Brady throws 40+ times we lose.

2. When NE uses a lead back and that lead back gets at least 100 yards, NE is 31-1 in the BB/Brady era.

So, why would we want to "average 38" passes per game if this is the case?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I am just taking aim at your hyperbole about 40 times a games.

also the fact that the differences in the high/low runs is not significant in the regular season

and the fact that the entire game has changes to a high-octane pass offense.  feature receivers and TEs are more critical than a "feature" back

BTW any link to those "facts"?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]I am just taking aim at your hyperbole about 40 times a games. also the fact that the differences in the high/low runs is not significant in the regular season and the fact that the entire game has changes to a high-octane pass offense.  feature receivers and TEs are more critical than a "feature" back   BTW any link to those "facts"?
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

LOL TB has 100 wins, even if that's true, it accounts for less than 1/3 of his total wins.  He would have 69 wins without a lead back running for 100 or more.
    Correct?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady overpaid? : You throw a javelin?   The gains were pathetic by the backs because we used Woodhead as a lead back and only subbed in BJGE for obligatory runs (minus the great TD drive out of half). LAST TIME I say this. It's the subbing. 

I do around 215 feet is my best. Yeah man you know I agree with you on that, hardly the point i was making though. You can't say it's all Brady's fault and then say the backs were pathetic, even if Brady audibles to a shotgun pass at the line there's no way they also sub the running back. Calling him overpaid is just ridiculous though man, he's overpaid in the way all of the NFL is overpaid to play a sport but he's not overpaid when you take into consideration that's the way it is then i can't believe you'd consider him overpaid. The fact is someone has to be paid the most and I believe there's no one better for that position than Brady

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

14.25 wins per season, winning the division and making the play-offs,  every year since 2007 is not over paid.  That's better than all other QB's during that time. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Here's the stats from last season.  Pats passed (or were sacked) on 59.5% and rushed on 40.5% of their non-kicking scrimmage plays.  The average for the league was 57.1% versus 42.9%.  In a typical 65 play game, the Pats were running 1 or 2 times less than average.  It's hardly significant.  Maybe you think they should have run with BJGE more and Woodhead less (despite Woodhead's better yards per carry average!), but as far as the amount of running plays, the Pats weren't far off the average.  In fact, given the quality of their passing game, it's surprising how close to the league average they were in pass-run ratio. 

P ATT SACK R ATT P% R%
    1 Denver Broncos 429 42 546 46.3% 53.7%
    2 Houston Texans 467 33 546 47.8% 52.2%
    3 San Francisco 49ers 451 44 498 49.8% 50.2%
    4 Jacksonville Jaguars 469 44 489 51.2% 48.8%
    5 Kansas City Chiefs 500 34 487 52.3% 47.7%
    6 Miami Dolphins 469 52 469 52.6% 47.4%
    7 Chicago Bears 473 49 456 53.4% 46.6%
    8 Oakland Raiders 524 25 466 54.1% 45.9%
    9 Cincinnati Bengals 535 25 455 55.2% 44.8%
    10 Carolina Panthers 519 35 445 55.5% 44.5%
    11 Minnesota Vikings 510 49 448 55.5% 44.5%