Is Tom Brady Seriously Hurt?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Is Tom Brady Seriously Hurt?

In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady Seriously Hurt?:
    [QUOTE]Guys, it's his left shoulder... He is a right handed QB. Presuming he hurt it before the post game conference, he still lit up Miami with the supposed injury.

RESPONSE: According to the article in "The Buffalo News", Brady hurt his shoulder very late in the 4th quarter, on a scramble:

"Brady landed hard on his left shoulder with 1:40 left in the fourth quarter of Saturday's game against Miami when he was tackled by Kevin Burnett on a scramble in a 27-24 win over the Dolphins. Brady also scored on two 1-yard keepers."

I'd also add it could be total B S, or he could have injured it 2 months ago, nobody knows.

RESPONSE: Highly unlikely, since he didn't have his shoulder x-rayed until after the Miami game.

Remember when it came out after the 09 season that he had cracked ribs the entire season but nobody knew. All this from the fact that he seemed to be favoring it while changing his shirt. It could be...soreness nothing more nothing less.

RESPONSE: Let's hope so...but it's still cause for concern...and something to keep an eye on.

Regardless, he is till practicing and showed nothing to make me think he couldn't still throw as good as ever, and that was before a week of rest.

RESPONSE: Have you ever had a shoulder injury? It's the type that tends to linger...especially when the shoulder is constantly being hit. I doubt that we'll see any more QB sneaks from Brady in the near future.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]You just stated you were taller than me. I have no idea how one can proclaim they know other's height over someone else on the internet, unless you have mental problems. Enjoy your delusions and fantasies, Mt. Hurl. You were wrong in Week 4 and are still wrong now. You'll never live it down if the offense folds like a cheap suit in the playoffs yet again. I am not angry. I am annoyed that Brady is now hurt so you can get higher points in your fantasy leagues. Real fans don't care about stats.  They want the TEAM to win.  If you want to use Brady's stats for your own selfish reasons, do it elsewhere.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]
    I'll have no problem whatsoever admitting that it's Brady and the offense's fault if it is come playoff time. None.

If the offense turns it over a couple of times and stalls drive after drive, I'll come out and say they blew it. If they only put up 14 points or so, I'll say it was their fault. If they don't or can't run it well enough to take some of the load off of Brady...I'll admit that.

However if the defense can't keep a team from scoring 17 points or so - in the cold - at home - in the playoffs, then you should admit it as well. If it's third and long, after third and long and they let them convert for what is back breaking drives...you should come clean.

I have no problem what- so- EVER admitting I'm wrong. I have no agendas. I haven't started a fight with every single person on this message board - you have.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Is Tom Brady Seriously Hurt?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady Seriously Hurt? : Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE] Right, well ignoring your dubious sources since we all know he would never say if he hurt it, let alone when your opinion still isn't supported by the facts which are that he played excellent through the second half at MIA even ending the game with a sharp pass to Welker. And if it didn't affect his play last Sunday then I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about it affecting his play this Sunday.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]     This from "The Buffalo News" on the health of Tom Brady: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article689862.ece
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

TP: I would not look to Buffalo for Medical news. McKinley lay on a bed for days in Buffalo when they could not find the bullet and died of an infection. Not a place I would run to the latest Medical updated. :)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady Seriously Hurt? : TP: I would not look to Buffalo for Medical news. McKinley lay on a bed for days in Buffalo when they could not find the bullet and died of an infection. Not a place I would run to the latest Medical updated. :)
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

I reported it...you decide. But, this does appear to be cause for some concern.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Nah, Reiss said he saw him very gingerly putting his clothes on. Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Hey troll, what were you and Reiss doing watching TB dress, (the use of "gingerly" gives you away) sounds kind of sick and kinky to me. Admit your love crush, deal with your woody and move on my brotha, you stuff is getting old.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]Just say the Buffalo report is correct, though:  If the offense in the first half wasn't so embarrassing having 6 straight 1 minute drives not crossing the 50, is Brady scrambling to run the game out in the 4th with 1 minute to go? Some of you will jump through hoops to defend Brady and how he wants his offense run.

Rusty - I think how the offense is being run has something to do with how BB wants it run - as evidenced by the recent miking of BB and Tom Brady where BB is clearly heard telling Bill Obrien to throw it

And - the play calling at the end of the game might have had a little something to do with the Pats being concerned about the Dolphins getting the ball back with time to score again - the best way to seal the game was to get a 1st down - and that is what they did

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This from ESPN Boston:

Bruschi: Not worried about Brady

December, 30, 2011
     ESPN Boston Patriots analyst Tedy Bruschi was on Mike and Mike on ESPN Radio this morning and was asked about Tom Brady’s left shoulder injury, which has been a hot topic the last couple of days. Bruschi explains why he thinks it’s “not a cause for concern for New England fans.”

“Every year in Tom’s career, he starts to get (dinged) up a little bit [late in the season],” Bruschi said. “Everyone on the team starts to get (dinged) up. You saw the shot he took from [Elvis] Dumervil in Denver, where it decleated him. And Cameron Wake got him a time or two last week.

“So you start to break down a little bit as a quarterback, as a running back, as a linebacker, it affects your game a little bit. What Tom’s always been great at is maintenance. He always will wear the protective braces or get the extra treatment. Playoff times comes around this guy [uses] no excuses. He’s going to be ready to play for this team.”
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4713621/bruschi-not-worried-about-brady

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady Seriously Hurt? : LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, some of us here who have presented The Premise (that's what I call it now), using failiures in the post season dating back to when the shotgun base was installed (2005), and you have the nerve to sit there and say you will admit when they do poorly? Did you do that in every playoff loss or eeked out win since 2005 against good Ds? You don't see a correlationi with passing 40+ times, most of it in a shotgun and losses for this team? You are either the most arrogant person here or that dumb. If the Miami D can bring it against the shotgun base, what do you think a HOuston, Balt or a Pitt can do limiting points on us? Are you this daft?  You need to wait until the playoffs this year to come clean that it may, JUST MAY be a fundamentally flawed approach in offense? I've yet to see you admit the offense has been a problem, Einstein. THAT IS THE ISSUE with you. Christ almighty are you a piece of work.  This new offense didn't just come into play recently. It's a proven failure or it hinges on failure if not executed perfectly against quality Ds. Have you looked at Brady's postseason numbers since 2005 yet? Too afraid to do it?

I think the problem with you is this - the offense would have to go into "the shot gun spread" every single play (and score from it on every drive) for you to say, "ok maybe it's not the offense that's the reason we lost in the playoffs" and even then you still might not do it.

That's the problem with arguing with you; you only see things one way...your way. It doesn't matter that just about every offense is slowed/stalls at some point against a good defense in the playoffs, all that matters is you need to get behinf your agenda. That's it. Look at some of the better offenses throughout history...St Lois, Indy, Minnesota, New Orleans, Miami (of the 80's), some of those San Fran teams, Buffallo (80's). They all got beat by better defenses. Defense wins championships - this is not new!! There are exceptions and YES a balanced attack makes an offense much better, but historically it has been a defensive thing. A good defense can stop or slow down an offense, it happens and we don't have that.

Look we all wish this defense didn't get injures to Wright, Pryor, Spikes, Chung, Carter. And it would of been nice if Haynesworth worked out or if McCourty didn't crap the bed, but it didn't happen.

As for the offense, guess what? BB I'm sure would love to run it more often and be more balanced, it's just that they couldn't for most of the season. Do you even watch these games. You watch your buddy Benny try to get around a corner or cut back into an open lane? He can't do it. Out of the 50 top rated backs in the NFL 48 of them have a better ypc average and 27 of them have more rushing yards. Granted he may be hurt, but that just adds to the reason we don't run it more. Vareen was hurt all year and Faulk is a shell of himself (not that you'd just hand it off to him). Ridley was hurt as well and I'm sure they weren't going to just let him handle pass blocking assignments and get Tom killed half way through the season.

We all get it...run=good. This is nothing ground breaking or earth shattering. Hopefully Ridley is ready to carry a bigger load and pass protect; lord knows this offense will have to carry this defense through this post season.

I told you, if the defense comes out and keeps teams to three and outs for a stretch, or stops teams on third downs, I'll say I was wrong...no problem...be glad to. If the run defense can hold a team to 3.5 yards a carry or so and the pass defense can be tight in coverage...I'll be happy as hell. If we can make a QB feel uncomfortable in the pocket - so he doesn't just stand there picking us apart (like Sanchez last year or Flacco the year before)...I'll do handstands. And if Tom and the offense come out and throw some picks - get a bunch of three and outs - take sacks - settle for field goals...I'll admit that the offense was the problem all along...like you said. What are you going to admit?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

From today (Just posted)

The Patriots are practicing on the field inside Gillette Stadium today, and Tom Brady is on the field with his teammates for the second straight day.

Asked during his press conference for his level on concern with Brady, who dinged his left (non-throwing) shoulder on Saturday against the Dolphins, Bill Belichick said, "Anyone that's out there, we have confidence in them."

The only players not spotted, as it was yesterday, were Logan Mankins (knee) and Sebastian Vollmer (foot/back).

Sections
Shortcuts