Is Tom Brady truly humble or politically correct & what makes him tick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark. Show noahsark's posts

Is Tom Brady truly humble or politically correct & what makes him tick

When watching all the media hype this week and viewing the long Tom Brady interview yesterday, I was actually trying to answer one of my own questions. 

Is Tom Brady truly humble or politically correct?

One thing I'm sure is that he thrives on competition. He wants to be/will be the best...EVER. He's humble in an incredibly driven self-assured way. I think saying he's politically correct is really his honestycoming through (of course he thinks he'll be as good as ever this year. Of course he believes Moss, Welker, Galloway and others will light it up!!!. But when asked he just says "Talk is cheap", because he knows that there are no guarantees.

Love to hear your opinions about him as you see it (his factual on-the-field accomplishments speak volumes already and are well documented).

What do you think makes him tick? Who is the man? What will he do if he stays healthy?

I think he's on a mission from xxx !!! He will do whatever it takes to end the  arguments we all get into about who's the "Greatest QB and Field General" of all time...wouldn't bet against another 2 or more SB rings & 2 or more MVP's. The most fun for me is watching him build a legacy unsurpassed in the annals of the game.

Even better that he's doing it against such great competition as Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Drew Brees, Rivers and others also on the way to great careers.

Having said that I still see Tom Brady as being a cut above all of them because he knows how to win. He'll do it again this year.

I'm a Patriot's fan from Sweden, who thanks to the Internet, can finally follow all the games, play-offs, discussion boards,sports news and articles from the whole NFL. It makes the darkness here more bearable...

Thanks in advance for your postsCool,
    Neil

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Re: Is Tom Brady truly humble or politically correct & what makes him tick

I think Tom Brady has been one of the most humble players to ever play in the NFL.Even though he has broken my heart a few times in the Playoffs, by picking the Steelers apart, I cannot dislike the man!  He not only plays with great class,
    but at the same time you know there's a competitive drive in him, and a way about him that only the great one's have. "Do your talking with your actions, not your mouth"!  But I'm glad he's coming back, and it should make for an exciting year in 2009-2010.!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

It's possible that injury was the best thing to happen to him. I do wonder if he was becoming a bit distracted from the game, having won 3 Superbowls by age 27 and falling in love with Gisele.

Whether or not he was losing any motivation at all, he certainly appears set for an excellent second half of his career.

Hopefully we can afford to keep him in town for the long haul.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

When watching all the media hype this week and viewing the long Tom Brady interview yesterday, I was actually trying to answer one of my own questions.  Is Tom Brady truly humble or politically correct? One thing I'm sure is that he thrives on competition. He wants to be/will be the best...EVER. He's humble in an incredibly driven self-assured way. I think saying he's politically correct is really his honesty coming through (of course he thinks he'll be as good as ever this year. Of course he believes Moss, Welker, Galloway and others will light it up!!!. But when asked he just says "Talk is cheap", because he knows that there are no guarantees. Love to hear your opinions about him as you see it (his factual on-the-field accomplishments speak volumes already and are well documented). What do you think makes him tick? Who is the man? What will he do if he stays healthy? I think he's on a mission from xxx !!! He will do whatever it takes to end the  arguments we all get into about who's the "Greatest QB and Field General" of all time...wouldn't bet against another 2 or more SB rings & 2 or more MVP's. The most fun for me is watching him build a legacy unsurpassed in the annals of the game. Even better that he's doing it against such great competition as Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Drew Brees, Rivers and others also on the way to great careers. Having said that I still see Tom Brady as being a cut above all of them because he knows how to win. He'll do it again this year. I'm a Patriot's fan from Sweden, who thanks to the Internet, can finally follow all the games, play-offs, discussion boards,sports news and articles from the whole NFL. It makes the darkness here more bearable... Thanks in advance for your posts , Neil
    Posted by noahsark

Phony humility and a "don't you wish you were me" smugness. He is no more completitive than most NFL players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I think you can sum up Brady pretty succinctly this way:

A lot of people hate the Patriots for their recent success, but you don't really hear a lot of people running down Tom Brady.

(except Bob, of course)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I think you can sum up Brady pretty succinctly this way: A lot of people hate the Patriots for their recent success, but you don't really hear a lot of people running down Tom Brady. (except Bob, of course)
    Posted by prairiemike

Bob is just jealous. He's mad Gisele gets to blow Tom instead of him doing it!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Phony humility and a "don't you wish you were me" smugness. He is no more completitive than most NFL players.
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard

Hey BostonBobBlowJob,  I heard they're having a sale on Listerine over at CVS-better run down, you need them by the dozen to cover up that awful breath you get from your jobs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

What's all this talk about Brady being humble, anyway?

Didn't he laugh out loud when reporters told him Cool Hand Plaxico said the Pats would only score 17 points in the Super  Bowl?

Personally, I like bravado in my gladiators.

Humility is for losers.

Wait a minute . . .

Surprised

Sections
Shortcuts