Is Tom Brady worth Top #5 in Fantasy Football

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Is Tom Brady worth Top #5 in Fantasy Football

Remember last year's draft? how many of you took or wished you took brady through picks 1-5? This year it seems that running backs (some with big question marks on them) are going into the top 5 picks. Do you think its worth taking brady if you got a #5 pick? then grab a running back in the second? For me there arent that many QBs out there and to grab one that could legit put up 40 TDs is well worth the gamble. What do you guys think??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Re: Is Tom Brady worth Top #5 in Fantasy Football

no, get a good back(AP,Michael Turner ect) first then more than likely someone will skip Brady for some reason and you can get him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

true... cant you get a quality back in the second round? I mean youre looking at a few elite QBs in the league - Manning, Brees, Brady - running back position looks like its a little more deep than earlier years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

wow.  fantasy never seemed so horribly boring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady worth Top #5 in Fantasy Football:
    [QUOTE]true... cant you get a quality back in the second round? I mean youre looking at a few elite QBs in the league - Manning, Brees, Brady - running back position looks like its a little more deep than earlier years.
    Posted by Boston-kyle[/QUOTE]

RB is pretty deep with WR this year.... if no top 5-8 RB's intrigue you or rock your world take Brady, Brees or Fitz... the dropoff at RB into round 2 is not that steep and you could still get Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin, Greg Jennings or Reggie Wayne in round 3

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

last year if you picked Brady, you got screwed (didn't get thru game 1).  I wouldn't draft him top five.  Those picks go to AP, Michael Turner, MJD, D. Williams, M. Forte.  I would then pick Fitzgerald then Brady.  So top 5 no

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady worth Top #5 in Fantasy Football : RB is pretty deep with WR this year.... if no top 5-8 RB's intrigue you or rock your world take Brady, Brees or Fitz... the dropoff at RB into round 2 is not that steep and you could still get Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin, Greg Jennings or Reggie Wayne in round 3
    Posted by rebels1520[/QUOTE]

what's the drug policy in your fantasy league?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

It depends on how many QB's you can start in your league.  This season in particular the path to fantasy success is to draft stud WR's early.  Of course it depends on the scoring and rosters in your league.

This season as much as any I can remember their is plethora of high upside backs in the mid to late rounds.  RB is a very deep position this season.  I think this is due in part to more and more teams using a RBBC approach.  

If you draft well you have a decent chance of getting multiple top 20 RB's after the 4th round of the draft.  Unfortunately the same cannot be said for WR's.  You have virtually no chance of drafting a WR outside of the top 20 WR's and having him finish the season in the top 10.  At RB you have a very realistic chance of this happening(assuming you know who to target and where to grab them).  RB more than any position in football(fantasy relevant 1's) can contribute and be stars in their 1st season.

The old adage of having to draft RB's early to win your league is exactly that OLD.  In a 10 team league that starts 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, D/ST, and K, you should be able to get 3 top 10 or close to it WR's, 2 top 7 QB's, and a bunch of RB's that have potential to be top 20.  Of course if QB's and WR's don't score nearly as many points as RB's in your league then this strategy isn't good.  However it's ideal for tournament style leagues where after your initial 10 team league you advance to a pool of all the winners and then have cutdowns each week.  In this style fantasy league it's imperative to draft like this to have a chance at beating 1000's of people.

Anyways give me some more information on your league and I'll help you dominate it Money mouth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

He's got new weapons that he didn't have two years ago, starting with Edelman.  Expect Edelman and Welker on the field at the same time occasionally. 

Whatever Brady was in your league two years ago, you have to bump him up a notch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

[QUOTE]It depends on how many QB's you can start in your league.  This season in particular the path to fantasy success is to draft stud WR's early.  Of course it depends on the scoring and rosters in your league. This season as much as any I can remember their is plethora of high upside backs in the mid to late rounds.  RB is a very deep position this season.  I think this is due in part to more and more teams using a RBBC approach.   If you draft well you have a decent chance of getting multiple top 20 RB's after the 4th round of the draft.  Unfortunately the same cannot be said for WR's.  You have virtually no chance of drafting a WR outside of the top 20 WR's and having him finish the season in the top 10.  At RB you have a very realistic chance of this happening(assuming you know who to target and where to grab them).  RB more than any position in football(fantasy relevant 1's) can contribute and be stars in their 1st season. The old adage of having to draft RB's early to win your league is exactly that OLD.  In a 10 team league that starts 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, D/ST, and K, you should be able to get 3 top 10 or close to it WR's, 2 top 7 QB's, and a bunch of RB's that have potential to be top 20.  Of course if QB's and WR's don't score nearly as many points as RB's in your league then this strategy isn't good.  However it's ideal for tournament style leagues where after your initial 10 team league you advance to a pool of all the winners and then have cutdowns each week.  In this style fantasy league it's imperative to draft like this to have a chance at beating 1000's of people. Anyways give me some more information on your league and I'll help you dominate it  .
    Posted by Trox1[/QUOTE]

has anyone ever told you you look just like cindy crawford?  GD you're hot! AND you know FANTASY FOOTBALL?!!!   i'm in love....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady worth Top #5 in Fantasy Football : what's the drug policy in your fantasy league?
    Posted by beastplant[/QUOTE]

haha ummm... we dont test i will say that

i know RB's will get you a fantasy football title... but i think alot of them have very similar value... so if you dont like the value where you are picking and think you can get similar value at RB in round 2 then why not grab the top ranked QB or WR??? if you had Brady two years ago or Brees last year you were in very good shape regardless of who your RB is... all about value

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Which sophmore running back would you take in the first round?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Hello Fantasy freaks!! I have Tom Brady as my #1 pick in 2 leagues but because i pre-ranked my teams I wound up with Turner in one league.I also have 2 WR's I picked in the 2nd round in 2 of these leagues.3rd round I grabbed Welker in 2 of these leagues the other I was forced to go in another direction and I chose a TE in the other.I really think that if you want to play Fantasy footbal competitively then you better not line up with a second tier QB as your starter!So unless you value another QB over Tom Brady and you think that your guy will be available in the 3rd round then its again a totally subjective process.Some guys like Peyton Manning as the #1 QB to take I happen to think that I'd rather have his recievers so in one league the first reciever I took was Reggie Wayne in another league the first TE I took was Dallas Clark.I will tell you that I took the Patriots Defense in each of the leagues that I'm in.Strategy in Fantasy football is just like building a team in the NFL with one advantage you can actually build your team the way you want in Fantasy whereas in the real world no other Gm is going to let you start an Offense with TB at QB while your WR's are Wayne,Mason and Welker and your backfield is Turner and Moreno and your TE is Cooley.The reasoning I have concerning Defense is that you want a defense that has the ability to rest during the game for long periods of time,with Brady as my QB I'm pretty sure there will be long time consuming drives!The Defense Rests!!!Or like I used to say,You can't score if you don't have the ball. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

If Brady is available in the second round, pick him.  People are talking up Drew Brees as the top quarterback and I've also seen people who think Peyton Manning is a safer pick.  He might slide a little, and he'd be an excellent value from pick 15 down.  As a Patriots fan, I might reach for him, depending on who's taken off the board when I pick.

My top picks (not perfect - might forget a player or two, not in exact order)
    (1) Adrian Peterson
    (2) Steven Jackson
    (3) Chris Johnson
    (4) Maurice Jones-Drew
    (5) DeAngelo Williams
    (6) Frank Gore
    (7) Larry Fitzgerald
    (8) Brandon Jacobs
    (9) Andre Johnson
    (10) Michael Turner
    (11) Steve Slaton
    (12) Tom Brady
    (13) Randy Moss
    (14) Matt Forte
    (15) Clinton Portis
    (16) Brian Westbrook
    (17) Steve Smith
    (18) Marion Barber
    (19) Greg Jennings
    (20) Peyton Manning
    (21) Roddy White
    (22) Ronnie Brown
    (23) Reggie Wayne
    (24) Anquan Boldin
    (25) Terrell Owens
    (26) Marshawn Lynch
    (27) Calvin Johnson
    (28) Dwayne Bowe

That's as far as I'm going.  I prefer players on winning teams.  DeAngelo Williams is as high as he is because his line is good at run blocking.  Brandon Jacobs slid because he splits carries.  I used ESPN the Magazine's rankings as a guideline, but moved players up and down based on how I projected they would perform.  I like the fact that Westbrook is such a feature back, but I don't like his injury status.  Calvin Johnson slid because he plays for Detroit - who's throwing him the ball, blocking for his quarterback, etc.?

For sleepers, I like Felix Jones, Leon Washington, Ray Rice, Nate Washington, Trent Edwards, and Carson Palmer.  I don't know if Darren McFadden, Santonio Holmes, Bernard Berrian, LenDale White, and Pierre Thomas qualify as "sleepers" anymore, but I like them, too.  Also, take a flyer on Brett Favre - he's got Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice as a burner, and Adrian Peterson to keep defenses honest, along with the best left side (McKinley & Hutchinson) protecting him and blocking for Peterson.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Tough situation here. I am in a keeper league and am allowed to keep two players from last season. I had Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Chris Johnson and Roddy White, and I know Roddy White is pretty much out of question as to keep. So which of the 3 do I keep? Huge Pats and huge Moss fan here so I was thinking about Moss + Johnson and see if I can steal Brady in round 3. Then I realize that if Brady has a 35 TD season, which with this offense, that is the mininum IMO, he would be a top 3 QB and that is better than CJ. CJ for what he is, there is still Lendale White to steal his TDs, and durability will be a concern with more work load.

So, advice is needed. Also, this is a point per catch league and yardage is 10 yards every 1 point not 20, and QB gets 1 point per 25 yards pass instead of 50. So nonetheless a more QB friendly league.

Thank you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThanksMoLewis. Show ThanksMoLewis's posts

Trox1 I would love to read the book you wrote but I was too busy staring at Jessica. Damn now I know why Romo never made it past round 1.  I think you would be foolish not to pick Tom in the top 5. The weapons he has around him alone should get him in the top 5.  I believe the only two reasons Matt Cassel has a multi million dollar contract was due to a week schedule and the weapons around him.  Tom is fresh and ready to go. Do not buy what you see with the RB. I saw one fantasy mock draft that had RB Stephen Jackson of the Rams going in the top 5.  Jackson is the biggest hack and every year they predict big things from him. Brady remains healthy he is by far the best pick in the draft and if you do not believe me ask someone that had him in there draft for 2007. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

I had brady and moss 07 and almost went undefeated in the regular season. I only wish I had a real RB (Reggie Bush was my No.1 back, says alot....). Then the bad Jets game which Brady had 0 TD killed me in the first round of playoffs..... As good as Brady is, one weakness is that he will always be throwing in cold weather come fantasy playoffs time, that's honestly my only concern.

Edit: Also had Fitz as my No.2 WR, was a great year for me... too bad it didn't do anything in the playoffs....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

back in 2007 and 2008 for draft board - brady was number 1. Just cuz you can finally see what kind of numbers he can actually put up in his prime. besides AP - who is def the #1 this year. I would really consider Brady. if you end up not getting an elite QB - Manning, Brees, Brady - youre team can really suffer. too many RBs are on teams with RBBC.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

MY CURRENT FANTASY TEAM

QB- Matt Ryan
    QB- Brett Favre (picked him up Tuesday night almost as a joke)
    RB- Chris Johnson
    RB- Pierre Thomas (very high on him this year; goaline back in a high scoring offense)
    RB- Kevin Smith
    RB- Darren Sproles
    RB- Rashard Mendenhall
    WR- Randy Moss
    WR- Calvin Johnson
    WR- Bernard Berrian
    WR- Miles Austin (if he doesnt win the #2 job he is likely gone)
    WR- Nate Washington
    TE- Owen Daniels
    K- Nate Kaeding
    DEF- Washington Redskins

* i am pretty happy with it overall although I am currently working on a trade that I would send Chris and Calvin Johnson away for LaDainian Tomlinson and Marques Colson

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

[QUOTE]I had brady and moss 07 and almost went undefeated in the regular season. I only wish I had a real RB (Reggie Bush was my No.1 back, says alot....). Then the bad Jets game which Brady had 0 TD killed me in the first round of playoffs..... As good as Brady is, one weakness is that he will always be throwing in cold weather come fantasy playoffs time, that's honestly my only concern. Edit: Also had Fitz as my No.2 WR, was a great year for me... too bad it didn't do anything in the playoffs....
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

That's funny because that's exactly how I (and I'm guessing most people that year) beat the teams with Brady/Moss. I can safely say I was the happiest on that day because the Pats still pulled it out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoochiemgg. Show hoochiemgg's posts

[QUOTE]If Brady is available in the second round, pick him.  People are talking up Drew Brees as the top quarterback and I've also seen people who think Peyton Manning is a safer pick.  He might slide a little, and he'd be an excellent value from pick 15 down.  As a Patriots fan, I might reach for him, depending on who's taken off the board when I pick. My top picks (not perfect - might forget a player or two, not in exact order) (1) Adrian Peterson (2) Steven Jackson (3) Chris Johnson (4) Maurice Jones-Drew (5) DeAngelo Williams (6) Frank Gore (7) Larry Fitzgerald (8) Brandon Jacobs (9) Andre Johnson (10) Michael Turner (11) Steve Slaton (12) Tom Brady (13) Randy Moss (14) Matt Forte (15) Clinton Portis (16) Brian Westbrook (17) Steve Smith (18) Marion Barber (19) Greg Jennings (20) Peyton Manning (21) Roddy White (22) Ronnie Brown (23) Reggie Wayne (24) Anquan Boldin (25) Terrell Owens (26) Marshawn Lynch (27) Calvin Johnson (28) Dwayne Bowe That's as far as I'm going.  I prefer players on winning teams.  DeAngelo Williams is as high as he is because his line is good at run blocking.  Brandon Jacobs slid because he splits carries.  I used ESPN the Magazine's rankings as a guideline, but moved players up and down based on how I projected they would perform.  I like the fact that Westbrook is such a feature back, but I don't like his injury status.  Calvin Johnson slid because he plays for Detroit - who's throwing him the ball, blocking for his quarterback, etc.? For sleepers, I like Felix Jones, Leon Washington, Ray Rice, Nate Washington, Trent Edwards, and Carson Palmer.  I don't know if Darren McFadden, Santonio Holmes, Bernard Berrian, LenDale White, and Pierre Thomas qualify as "sleepers" anymore, but I like them, too.  Also, take a flyer on Brett Favre - he's got Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice as a burner, and Adrian Peterson to keep defenses honest, along with the best left side (McKinley & Hutchinson) protecting him and blocking for Peterson.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    I guess Drew Brees is one of the players you forgot. I'm a Pat's fan but in the fantasy world there are some considerations that must be taken. Brees plays most of his games in a dome or good weather sites. He has good receivers, is in a pass happy offense, plays a fairly soft schedule and has better matchups in weeks 15 and 16 which are generally fantasy playoff weeks. He is arguably the number one QB pick. Also, unless your getting six points per TD pass, running back is still the way to go for the first several picks. Taking a QB in the first round is generally a reach. Fitz is the only receiver I'd take in the first round and that would be around pick 7 or later. The RB is still the position that wins FF titles.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]If Brady is available in the second round, pick him.  People are talking up Drew Brees as the top quarterback and I've also seen people who think Peyton Manning is a safer pick.  He might slide a little, and he'd be an excellent value from pick 15 down.  As a Patriots fan, I might reach for him, depending on who's taken off the board when I pick. My top picks (not perfect - might forget a player or two, not in exact order) (1) Adrian Peterson (2) Steven Jackson (3) Chris Johnson (4) Maurice Jones-Drew (5) DeAngelo Williams (6) Frank Gore (7) Larry Fitzgerald (8) Brandon Jacobs (9) Andre Johnson (10) Michael Turner (11) Steve Slaton (12) Tom Brady (13) Randy Moss (14) Matt Forte (15) Clinton Portis (16) Brian Westbrook (17) Steve Smith (18) Marion Barber (19) Greg Jennings (20) Peyton Manning (21) Roddy White (22) Ronnie Brown (23) Reggie Wayne (24) Anquan Boldin (25) Terrell Owens (26) Marshawn Lynch (27) Calvin Johnson (28) Dwayne Bowe That's as far as I'm going.  I prefer players on winning teams.  DeAngelo Williams is as high as he is because his line is good at run blocking.  Brandon Jacobs slid because he splits carries.  I used ESPN the Magazine's rankings as a guideline, but moved players up and down based on how I projected they would perform.  I like the fact that Westbrook is such a feature back, but I don't like his injury status.  Calvin Johnson slid because he plays for Detroit - who's throwing him the ball, blocking for his quarterback, etc.? For sleepers, I like Felix Jones, Leon Washington, Ray Rice, Nate Washington, Trent Edwards, and Carson Palmer.  I don't know if Darren McFadden, Santonio Holmes, Bernard Berrian, LenDale White, and Pierre Thomas qualify as "sleepers" anymore, but I like them, too.  Also, take a flyer on Brett Favre - he's got Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice as a burner, and Adrian Peterson to keep defenses honest, along with the best left side (McKinley & Hutchinson) protecting him and blocking for Peterson.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

i want to be in your league, looks like easy money!  there are 9 people ahead of brady that should not be, the other 2 are debatable.

In my league, there are 8 QBs that are projected to have better fantasy #'s than the top RB.  Brady is projected to average 21 points per wk, Brees and Manning 20 per wk, where AP is projected to average 16 per wk.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

TROX 1 I could use your help in Fantasy this year - I will follow up with you later- thx BSIOFAN

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoochiemgg. Show hoochiemgg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady worth Top #5 in Fantasy Football : i want to be in your league, looks like easy money!  there are 9 people ahead of brady that should not be, the other 2 are debatable. In my league, there are 8 QBs that are projected to have better fantasy #'s than the top RB.  Brady is projected to average 21 points per wk, Brees and Manning 20 per wk, where AP is projected to average 16 per wk.
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]
    If your taking Brady as a third or maybe second or first player in the draft then I want to be in your league. Talk about some quick cash.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Tom Brady worth Top #5 in Fantasy Football : If your taking Brady as a third or maybe second or first player in the draft then I want to be in your league. Talk about some quick cash.
    Posted by hoochiemgg[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Yeah right....I gurantee I would smoke your.....a$s

Sections
Shortcuts