Is Vrabel unhappy in K.C.?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Is Vrabel unhappy in K.C.?

Linebacker Mike Vrabel, traded to the Chiefs after eight seasons and three Super Bowl rings with New England, may be another unhappy player in Kansas City. He missed all the voluntary workouts, showing up only for the mandatory minicamp.

"For lack of a better term, I was just trying to exercise my rights within the (collective bargaining agreement)," Vrabel said. "We bargained for rights to make these workouts voluntary, and that's all I was trying to do, to exercise my rights within the CBA."

I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if Vrabel wanted out of K.C.   At his age, why would he want to play for a losing franchise after leaving the spotlight in NE.  Vrabel is a team player, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him try and work his way out of K.C.  Maybe he ends up back in NE, a long shot but you never know.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Is Vrabel unhappy in K.C.?

Wouldn't you be unhappy in KC, after playing for a contender for years? It's hard to say, but he did only miss the voluntaries. I suppose if he really doesn't want to play for the Chiefs he can retire before the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Wouldn't you be unhappy in KC, after playing for a contender for years? It's hard to say, but he did only miss the voluntaries. I suppose if he really doesn't want to play for the Chiefs he can retire before the season.
    Posted by bubthegrub2

Bub, I wouldn't be surprise at all if Vrabel doesn't play a down for the Chiefs in the regular season. Either he retires or gets released, but if is heart isn't in playing for K.C. it's just not going to happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Bub + Grogan:

From what I have reading in the KC papers it seems likely that what has Vrabel ticked is the new coach's way of treating veteran players more than the idea of being on a rebuilding team (a close second on the list of possible complaints).

As an example of Todd Haley's management style is his screaming match with Brian Waters (before OTA's started), the Chiefs' Pro-Bowl Guard that has led the latter to: a/ asking to either be traded or released; and b/ missed all of the voluntary workouts. Instead of building rapport with your team leaders and veterans to ease your coaching style in and rally the team behind it (as BB would have done) - Haley has now created an unnecessary distraction that, undoubtably, may have driven a wedge  through the organization before training camp officially opens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

The situation of the trade was a little bit odd to say the least.  If I had to take a slightly liberal stance on what I think went down I would guess not only to Belichick was to restructure Vrabel's contract with his refusal but I'm also guess Belichick thought Vrabel was starting to lose the hunger a bit.  I think that may be part of what you're seeing now in KC along with a guy who just doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding effort at this point in his career.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

hey business is business, right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Especially when its . . .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cityrooster1. Show cityrooster1's posts

Re: Donte Stallworth

Just some thoughts. I understand that Stallworth worked out an agreement with the family of the man he murdered,(lots of doe). My questions are: 1) How in the world does that influence a judge to sentence him to 30 days in jail? If it was a plea bargain the judge should have rejected it. 2) How does money soften the severity of this offense? 3) What kind of family agrees to forget, (for money) thier family member who was murdered by a drunk driver? What do you guys think. Something stinks here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

(Somehow that Stallworth post was put in the wrong topic, but in brief: 1. Don't know/agreed 2. It doesn't 3. Good question.)

I'm not buying all this talk about Vrabel. The guy has always been a team player and all he did was miss the voluntary workouts. When he misses something mandatory, let me know. He may not be thrilled to be in Kansas City, but he never seemed like the type of player who would gripe about it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"Just some thoughts. I understand that Stallworth worked out an agreement with the family of the man he murdered,(lots of doe). My questions are: 1) How in the world does that influence a judge to sentence him to 30 days in jail? If it was a plea bargain the judge should have rejected it. 2) How does money soften the severity of this offense? 3) What kind of family agrees to forget, (for money) thier family member who was murdered by a drunk driver? What do you guys think. Something stinks here. "

I have a question as well....how does this have anything to do with Mike Vrabel what so ever? Why dont you go post on the Stallworth thread instead of wasting our time while we are trying to talk about Vrabel.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't really have anything significant to add about Mike Vrabel. Veterans skip OTAs all the time and it's no big deal, but I did kind of enjoy killa's reaction to the guy posting in the wrong thread, so I'm just gonna throw out some random stuff that has nothing to do with this thread to see what happens.

I always put blueberries on my morning cereal, but never bananas. Bananas should be eaten seperately. Stop putting bananas on your cereal.

I always kind of wished Jim Everett had kicked Jim Rome's *ss back in the day for repeatedly calling him "Chris."

It tastes exactly the same as the red stuff, but I like white cranberry juice cocktail better.

Games with sticks are better than games without sticks.

I do not want walnuts in my damn chocolate chip cookies. Stop putting the walnuts in the cookies (and the banana bread).

Wimbledon is the best tennis tournament.

Does anyone besides me think Bob Ryan should be on some kind of depressant?

You know what I hate? I hate people who say, "No disrespect intended . . .  " right before they disrespect you.

But I like people who say, "To be honest . . . " when they are getting ready to lie to you.

Isn't that strange?

Do you like apples?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

And this is why Pmike is the man LOL   “I don't really have anything significant to add about Mike Vrabel. Veterans skip OTAs all the time and it's no big deal, but I did kind of enjoy killa's reaction to the guy posting in the wrong thread, so I'm just gonna throw out some random stuff that has nothing to do with this thread to see what happens.”  

“I always put blueberries on my morning cereal, but never bananas. Bananas should be eaten separately. Stop putting bananas on your cereal.”
      Putting fruit in your cereal in general is gross unless you buy the cereal with berries already in it of course like Special K with red berries ummmmm yummy. But if I had to pick between blueberries and banana’s I would go blueberries 100% banana’s mixed with mild sounds nasty.   

“I always kind of wished Jim Everett had kicked Jim Rome's *ss back in the day for repeatedly calling him "Chris." “
     I kicked both their a ss’s just ask anyone   “It tastes exactly the same as the red stuff, but I like white cranberry juice cocktail better.”  I don’t understand a one word you just said little kid…..but you special.  

“Games with sticks are better than games without sticks.”
      So I take it you are a big Janga fan lol  

“I do not want walnuts in my damn chocolate chip cookies. Stop putting the walnuts in the cookies (and the banana bread).”
      I concur! Stop putting walnuts in perfectly got snacks! Walnuts ruin brownies, cookies, and ice cream everyday all over the world! We should put a stop to this! A war on walnuts I say!

“Wimbledon is the best tennis tournament.”
      Tennis is for rich people

“Does anyone besides me think Bob Ryan should be on some kind of depressant? “
      Agreed

“You know what I hate? I hate people who say, "No disrespect intended . . .  " right before they disrespect you.”
      Yes as well as “no offense” right before they say something offensive lol   

“But I like people who say, "To be honest . . . " when they are getting ready to lie to you.”
      Well to be honest with you Pmike I don’t have time for this I have to fly around the world in my jet with about 25 perfect ten models so smell you later loser! Woo hooo! Love the money!   

“Isn't that strange?”
      Indeed

“Do you like apples?”
       I don’t like apples so much as I like using them to smoke pot out of…..does that count? You could eat it when im done what’s the problem?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Great.

Now I have an image of killa eating a giant bowl of Crunchberries (do they still make that stuff) after blowing a huge bowl of weed.

And what is up with all these guys we knew in school who couldn't read or write at a third grade level, but suddenly became structural engineers when it came to fashioning a bong out of whatever was laying around?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

LOL

Well you hit the nail right on the head with the whole sparking a bowl and eating crunchberries lol I do the sh*t all the time. I love me some cereal.

Now are you saying I cant read at a third grade level....man thats harsh lol

Its easy, because everyone has to be good at something, some people build cars or buildings and some people write books....and some people learn how to build a bong out of a tube of towlet paper a few paper clips and a snorcle what of it? lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

... I always put blueberries on my morning cereal, but never bananas. Bananas should be eaten seperately. Stop putting bananas on your cereal.

You should try bluberries, bananas and stawberries all together on your cereal.

I always kind of wished Jim Everett had kicked Jim Rome's *ss back in the day for repeatedly calling him "Chris."

He didn't need any excuse for kicking it.  He should have just done it because it was Jim Rome.

It tastes exactly the same as the red stuff, but I like white cranberry juice cocktail better.

Kind of tart though.

Games with sticks are better than games without sticks.

Now if quarterbacks could just carry sticks........

I do not want walnuts in my damn chocolate chip cookies. Stop putting the walnuts in the cookies (and the banana bread).

Yeah, put 'em in the oatmeal cookies along with the raisins, craisins and pine nuts.

Wimbledon is the best tennis tournament.

Killa, tennis is for pseudo-rich people.  Golf is for rich people.

Do you like apples?
    Posted by prairiemike

Apple pie, applpe crisp, apples dumplings, apple cider....
    The big Apple..........NOT

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Please, do not get me started on Craisins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Do I dare ask to get you started on craisins? c mon get started! let the craisins race begin!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Thats nasty! lol I dont put anything in my cereal lol I put stuff in my lungs before i eat the cereal but i deffently dont put fruit in my cereal. It would ruin teh crunch berries. lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

(Somehow that Stallworth post was put in the wrong topic, but in brief: 1. Don't know/agreed 2. It doesn't 3. Good question.) I'm not buying all this talk about Vrabel. The guy has always been a team player and all he did was miss the voluntary workouts. When he misses something mandatory, let me know. He may not be thrilled to be in Kansas City, but he never seemed like the type of player who would gripe about it.
    Posted by PatsChowder

I agree about Vrabel being a team player, but that was with the Pats and BB as his head coach.  Now Vrabel is in the twilight of his career, he's got nothing left to prove. Vrabel isn't playing for a big contract like previous departures from NE, like McGinest.  He's playing for a very average contract(by NFL standards) for a new head coach who's acting like he's won superbowls already, and for a team that may end up in last place in a bad division.  I have a hard team seeing Vrabel playing hard if his heart just isn't in the right place, and I don't see his heart in K.C.  While he may show up to camp, he probably isn't going to play through injuries like he would in NE.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

"Crunch Berries" Aren't Real Berries

Poor Cap'n Crunch. Not only does he have to avoid Somali pirates, he was recently sued over the questionable marketing of his famous crunch berries.Turns out crunch berries aren't real berries. Shocking, I know. A judge for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California dismissed a lawsuit claiming that the Cap'n deceived the public about the true nature of crunch berries. The judge stated, "So far as this Court has been made aware, there is no such fruit growing in the wild or occurring naturally in any part of the world."

This whole mess could have been avoided if the Cap'n hadn't removed the "imitation berries" slogan from Crunch Berries boxes. Incidentally, the Cap'n looks more youthful lately--bigger smile and no bags under his eyes. Botox?

Crunchberries 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Ahhhh Harley see i am still young enough that I dont have to worrie abotu such things lol so I have no fruit in my cereal what so ever lol but hey at least your still kicking right lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

...He's playing for a very average contract(by NFL standards) for a new head coach...
    Posted by Grogan77

I wish I could have an average contract like Vrabel......2 mill!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonBorges. Show RonBorges's posts

No one understood why Belichick would make such and unbalanced trade with KC.  What we didn't understand is there was more to the deal than meets the eye.

Cassel to KC for 2nd Round draft pick and Vrabel's salary.  Vrabel was really never part of the trade.

In August, KC will honor the rest of the trade agreement and cut Vrabel after the 4th Preseason game.  Vrabel will be faced with a choice.  Sit out a year or play for the Patriots at a much reduced salary.   Vrabel will opt to return the Patriots for less money with his honor intact because it was not the Patriots who cut him, it was KC after a protracted disagreement.

KC will eat several million on the salary cap. Pioli will establish himself as the new sheriff in KC who would not even yield to the demands of someone like Vrable

Deal done!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from travlinterry. Show travlinterry's posts

LOL ....and some people learn how to build a bong out of a tube of towlet paper a few paper clips and a snorcle what of it? lol
    Posted by MVPkilla

You don't need any paperclips or a 'snorcle'(?)
    All you need is some scotch tape to tape the foil pocket you make the bowl out of, over the hole you cut out of the toiletpaper roll...not counting the pin to poke vents in the foil ;o)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In think "Snorcle" was one of the Banana Splits.

Cool

Sections
Shortcuts