Is Wes A Goner?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Is Wes A Goner?

Wallace gets 13 million per.  Bowe gets 11 per.  The WR market is even crazier than last year.  Granted Wes is older and not a burner, but would it surprise you at all at this point if some crazy team ponied up monopoly money for Wes?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

Re: Is Wes A Goner?

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Wallace gets 13 million per.  Bowe gets 11 per.  The WR market is even crazier than last year.  Granted Wes is older and not a burner, but would it surprise you at all at this point if some crazy team ponied up monopoly money for Wes?

Wes is a slot guy......its the outside guys who get the big bucks....i do not think it will translate to Wes.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

If the rumours are true that NE leads for Josh Cribbs, then yes, he may be.  Keep in mind, Wes is a slot WR, not a perimeter guy, which means he shouldn't be getting bloated Wallace kind of deals.

Let morons overpay.

not sure Cribbs has any bearing on Welker. Cribbs is at best a #4 WR. He's basically a healthier version of Edelman. It would be 06' all over again if the Pats let Welker walk and think Cribbs is an acceptable replacement

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

If the rumours are true that NE leads for Josh Cribbs, then yes, he may be.  Keep in mind, Wes is a slot WR, not a perimeter guy, which means he shouldn't be getting bloated Wallace kind of deals.

Let morons overpay.

What?  Cribbs has no bearing on Welker.  If anything it could spell the end of Edelman!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to mpb2008's comment:

Wes is a slot guy......its the outside guys who get the big bucks....i do not think it will translate to Wes.

What's the logic behind that? The slot guys are the ones who facilitate the short passes make an offense moving along efficiently and keep possession. On most offenses, more short passes are thrown than long passes. The vertical guy may give you explosiveness, but the core passing option is at least as valuable to keep the offense marching.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Talk about over paying for Wallace.  The report I read was $12 mill per year.  Outragous!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Talk about over paying for Wallace.  The report I read was $12 mill per year.  Outragous!

5 for 65.  30 guaranteed.  13 mill a year.  Insane.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

5 for 65.  30 guaranteed.  13 mill a year.  Insane.

Wow, even worse, lol!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Cribbs goes to the Cards!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Get over yourself Godvern. I won't be upset it Wes walks or if he returns, but this constant Wes-bashing is absolutely childish and annoying. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay

We will have some big announcements very soon!!!!!!!! We are THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------

Okay, now I am worried!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

So maybe we sign Cribbs...perhaps get a second level type guy after all this dust settles, then draft a guy in the second round. We go a route like that and we save ourselves from having to pay wide receivers that aren't very special - ground breaking contracts. Spend it on defense - our QB is good enough to make average guys look better than they are...plus we have the tight ends.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay

We will have some big announcements very soon!!!!!!!! We are THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------

Okay, now I am worried!!

They just added Cherilus.  Landry is visiting and they are in a few other guys.  Doesn't mean it's Wes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Cribbs goes to the Cards!

Did he?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Did he?

I haven't seen anything.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

So maybe we sign Cribbs...perhaps get a second level type guy after all this dust settles, then draft a guy in the second round. We go a route like that and we save ourselves from having to pay wide receivers that aren't very special - ground breaking contracts. Spend it on defense - our QB is good enough to make average guys look better than they are...plus we have the tight ends.

Cribbs is gone to the Cards!

BrianHPFC @PFCentral

Cardinals Sign Josh Cribbs: Cardinals Sign Josh Cribbs http://wp.me/pcQbV-321

Sections
Shortcuts