Is Wes A Goner?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Is Wes A Goner?

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay

We will have some big announcements very soon!!!!!!!! We are THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------

Okay, now I am worried!!

They just added Cherilus.  Landry is visiting and they are in a few other guys.  Doesn't mean it's Wes.

Serious question, Is that Big News?  Would they be THRILLED!!!!!!!!! about that?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Serious question, Is that Big News?  Would they be THRILLED!!!!!!!!! about that?

Did you see Irsay's twitter feed before they added Vontae Davis?  People back then were saying we were trading Wes to the Colts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

Get over yourself Godvern. I won't be upset it Wes walks or if he returns, but this constant Wes-bashing is absolutely childish and annoying. 

if me stating my opinion annoys you so much then it's you who needs to get over yourself. stop crying.

http://i.imgur.com/8bIa3Gh.gif

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

Get over yourself Godvern. I won't be upset it Wes walks or if he returns, but this constant Wes-bashing is absolutely childish and annoying. 

if me stating my opinion annoys you so much then it's you who needs to get over yourself. stop crying.

I'm not crying. I'm just stating my opinion about your opinion. Perhaps take some of your own advice.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to mpb2008's comment:

Wallace gets 13 million per.  Bowe gets 11 per.  The WR market is even crazier than last year.  Granted Wes is older and not a burner, but would it surprise you at all at this point if some crazy team ponied up monopoly money for Wes?

Wes is a slot guy......its the outside guys who get the big bucks....i do not think it will translate to Wes.

What's the logic behind that? The slot guys are the ones who facilitate the short passes make an offense moving along efficiently and keep possession. On most offenses, more short passes are thrown than long passes. The vertical guy may give you explosiveness, but the core passing option is at least as valuable to keep the offense marching.

i dotn know, a boldin type and a smith type worked pretty well in my estimation

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Cribbs is gone to the Cards!

BrianHPFC ‏@PFCentral

Cardinals Sign Josh Cribbs: Cardinals Sign Josh Cribbs http://wp.me/pcQbV-321

All of the national news outlets are reporting he is still on the market.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BrianHPFC ‏@PFCentral

I hope so.  I have not seen any other tweet about this except from this Profootballcentral.  I had my doubts about them but he has been correct on the ones I doubted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

BrianHPFC ‏@PFCentral

I hope so.  I have not seen any other tweet about this except from this Profootballcentral.  I had my doubts about them but he has been correct on the ones I doubted.

This same place is tweeting the jets traded Revis for Cruz.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

This same place is tweeting the jets traded Revis for Cruz.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Welker thinks he deserves to get paid like an outside WR, Wallace's deal may put the idea in Welker's head that he's worth it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

NFL network reporting  talks have broken off between welker and team. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Yep, looks like Welker is free to test free-agency. Fingers crossed that he doesn't go to a rival or an already loaded team, and hopefully if we don't re-sign him, we spend that money on a flanker receiver, and DEFENSE, specifically the secondary and interior DL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

I would imagine he's gone. Can't imagine BB waiting for Welker...might be calling Amendola or Edelman's agent as we speak.

Have to wonder if Kraft's "We want Welker as a Patriot for life" was a PR move. You don't say that if you're negotiating a contract. You do say that if the player bolts and you don't want to look like the bad guy for letting him go.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

I would imagine he's gone. Can't imagine BB waiting for Welker...might be calling Amendola or Edelman's agent as we speak.

Have to wonder if Kraft's "We want Welker as a Patriot for life" was a PR move. You don't say that if you're negotiating a contract. You do say that if the player bolts and you don't want to look like the bad guy for letting him go.

Pats are playing chicken right now thinking he has a soft market and they can get a bargain. Hopefully they are right but if they think Amendola or Edelman are proper replacements because they are half the cost then they don't learn from the past. Remember what happened in 06'?

Now if they spent the difference in cash on a top end DB then I'd be fine with it but if they use it to get a handful of low-mid teir players hoping they can take coal and Pat Patriot can turn them into diamonds between his butt checks I think we have the right to be angry. It didn't work in the past and it won't work again

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

No.  Pats have no idea what market is for BEST slot WR to ever play game.  Neither does WELKER and agent.  I feel they want WES to see what the market is for him.   just going to have to wait and see what it is....At end of the day, I feel he'll be a patriot!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I think he's gone, folks.  I love Welker, but the truth is that it just isn't smart buisness to pay him anything over 8 million per year, if that.  He's on the downside of his career, has taken a TON of hits, and whether you want to admit it or not is somewhat a product of NE's system.  I really want to have him back, but not for more than he is worth.  If someone is going to overpay, you can't mach their offer just to keep Wes.  It will hurt the team in other areas.  Our Patriots win their division every year, and frequently play deep into January for a reason.  They don't handcuff themselves by sigining dumb contracts and they do a good job of finding young, cheap talent.  Last year, Philly and TB were the "Big Winners of Free Agency!" because they signed lots of Big Name guys to huge contracts.  How did that work out?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

IK's funny, about 5 minutes earlier I looked on rotoworld and it said talks were over for the night.

Now that has been taken down and replaced with talks are over at this point.

We shall see.  I cringe when I hear Amendola waiting in the wings.  Seriously, if we are hanging hopes on Amendola just to save a couple million per year I will be pretty mad.  Amendola is a sad option based on being made of China. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

No.  Pats have no idea what market is for BEST slot WR to ever play game.  Neither does WELKER and agent.  I feel they want WES to see what the market is for him.   just going to have to wait and see what it is....At end of the day, I feel he'll be a patriot!

I liked to believe that but Colts have a ton of cash and Den might be in too now that they don't have to get Freeney with Dumville took a pay cut

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Scarier part is Minn is now heavy on Jennings after losing out on Wallace. We could end up with Amendola being the best WR on the market left and having to way overpay for him and keep Lloyd just to have a WR core at all. Which in my opinion would be a major downgrade without any benefit

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bring in the scrubbs and try and make chicken salad out of chicken $hit!!  Man, I am tired of this.  Sign some players who are proven, not ones who are on the discount shelf.

I didn't like seeing Thomas get away today and we all know how I will feel if they let Welker walk.