Is Wilfork a HOF'er?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Is Wilfork a HOF'er?

I had a colleague tell me he will be. I think he needs 3-4 more years with no drop off, but he and ngata surely are knocking on the door. Hard to put numbers on an interior lineman, but Vince simply dominates games. I cannot remember his last bad game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Is Wilfork a HOF'er?

If he had those 2 rings, I'd say without question yes.  If he gets a ring 80% yes.  No rings 50% chance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Seems hard to put SB wins on anyone other than a coach and QB, let alone a lineman

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think he'd basically have to reinvent the position of a nose tackle to make it into the hall of fame. I don't think he's done that, but the guy is an outrageously good player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Didn't Wilfork start in the SB in 2004?  What is this about having no rings?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Ya, wilfork has a ring people!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Nose tackles don't compile statistics that are easy for voters to gauge. Personally I think Seymour has a better chance than Wilfork but he has been "outrageously good" as mthurl stated.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seymour has been average since arriving in Oakland. His whole claim to fame since arriving there has been "leadership".  Well, I am glad Oakland is paying 14 mil per year for that. I'll take production and consistency as well as a player that offenses must account for or gameplan around.

Wifork needs another ring, IMO.  The best NT in the game the last 9 years or so, so we'll see.

[/QUOTE]

Seymour has played well in Oakland according to the Raider fans I know (unfortunately i know a lot). He's been to 2 pro bowls as a Raider and they gave him a huge contract so someone thinks he's doing good. I honestly avoid watching Raider games so I can't say whether or not he's earned the pay or the pro bowls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Vince has a 50/50 shot if he plays well 4 more years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I was wrong about Wilfork not having a ring.  When I think of 04 it's Keith Tractor Traylor who comes to mind as the NT.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

It's really tough to make it to the hall, Wilfork is the best NT in the game but it's not a position that piles up the stats that some put a lot of stock into. I think it's still to be determined. Another ring and a couple of all pro's would get him in imo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was wrong about Wilfork not having a ring.  When I think of 04 it's Keith Tractor Traylor who comes to mind as the NT.

[/QUOTE]

Robert "Tractor Traylor" was a basketball player.

Sections
Shortcuts