Isaiah Stanback......Is a Wildcat surprise coming??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Isaiah Stanback......Is a Wildcat surprise coming??

Just wondering...I know B.B has stated he feels the most comfortable with the ball in Tom Brady's hands and I agree......but.....I don't believe B.B is satisfied
    with our succes rate this year in the red zone......from the taxi squad the appearence of  Isaiah Stanback a terrific running quarterback with a strong arm  out of Washington when in College, being used as a wide receiver......He does have decent size at 6'2" 208 for a receiver and has caught all the balls thrown to him.......but......is he also an option....a wilcat option in the red zone ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: Isaiah Stanback......Is a Wildcat surprise coming??

flip, I personally don't want to see the ball in anyone other then Tom Brady's hands.  I think better play calling in the Red Zone is The Key. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Isaiah Stanback......Is a Wildcat surprise coming??:
    [QUOTE]flip, I personally don't want to see the ball in anyone other then Tom Brady's hands.  I think better play calling in the Red Zone is The Key. 
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

I second that although some innovative play calling is always welcomed imo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Re: Isaiah Stanback......Is a Wildcat surprise coming??:
    [QUOTE]flip, I personally don't want to see the ball in anyone other then Tom Brady's hands.  I think better play calling in the Red Zone is The Key. 
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE] Max  your point is valid...we are far too predictable with our play-calling...not only in the red zone either !! We have a new Offensive Coordinator that....from his play calling.......needs to read a book on how to avoid  predictablility...  This is his first year as the Offensive Coordinator and I believe his first year in the pro ranks !! With his experience and with Tom Brady at the helm I would rather have had a more experienced Coordinator like Mike Martz as my offensive coordinator !! That being said I really believe Stanback is a viable option......in the red zone.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

IMO if anyone was to run the wild"pat" offense it would be Edelman.  He actually came in motion and under center early in the Jet game, only to fumble the snap.  Other than that, Wildcat is for teams that don't have a Brady, Manning, Brees, etc under center.  Like to see the onld Vrabel crossing route around the goal line.  Maroney not a serious threat but with his handful of TDs in the last several games, goal line play action may open up again. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

In Response to Isaiah Stanback......Is a Wildcat surprise coming??:
    [QUOTE] Just wondering...I know B.B has stated he feels the most comfortable with the ball in Tom Brady's hands and I agree......but.....I don't believe B.B is satisfied with our succes rate this year in the red zone......from the taxi squad the appearence of  Isaiah Stanback a terrific running quarterback with a strong arm  out of Washington when in College, being used as a wide receiver......He does have decent size at 6'2" 208 for a receiver and has caught all the balls thrown to him.......but......is he also an option....a wilcat option in the red zone ????
    Posted by flip781[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind seeing it for a play or two in red zone, but I tend to doubt it.  As one of the other posters noted, the Eidelman second and short gadget play didn't work out too well last week.  Other than the "direct snap to Faulk" plays, I can't remember anyone other than Brady taking a snap (apart from last season) when it counted.

Didn't realize Stanback was a QB in college until I read it today; hell I didn't even know the guy was on the roster until his first reception against the Colts.  He looks like a decent player.

Sections
Shortcuts