It all starts with the Defense.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

It all starts with the Defense.

Now there is a whole lot of blame to pass around when it comes to this 2009 Patriots team.  The most realistic fan know that this team is going nowhere.  They have shown absolutely nothing this year that can prove otherwise.  With that being said.....I believe it all starts with the defense.  The NE Dynasty was build with a strong Defense not a hi-flying offense.  Many of us are too wrapped up comparing the 2009 team to the 2007 team.  Alot of people expect to see the same team every week, but guess what?  Thats not happening. 

I believe that the 2007 season was one of the worst things to happen to this team.  That year they focused on offense and allowing the defense to continue a downward spiral.  Now I believe that Brady feels that he has to have 300yrd games with 3-4 TD's every week.  NE didnt win playing like that.  They played tough.  Spread the ball on offense, run the ball and give it to the defense.

BB has obviously gone away from his philosiphy that has made him the "mastermind" we so commonaly refer to him has.  It is obvious that everything he is doing is un BB like.  What makes it so frustrating for fans like myself is not the fact that they are losing, but how they are losing.  I would not be upset if this team was 7-5 with 5 hard fought losses.  I would have hope if that was the case.  But its not.  This team is one dimensional and lacks ZERO leadership.

They should have at least kept Vrabel here.  Everyone else I can see what they did and the reasons they did it.  But keeping Vrabel would have at least allowed this defense a REAL leader.  VW is a great player but he is no leader on this defense, Merriweather...not so much. 

This is a very young team on Defense but imo it should have been more of a priority to continue to build on the defensive side of the ball vs. the offense.  TB was a great QB before WW and RM and my guess is that he would have continued to be that if they had never showed up to NE.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: It all starts with the Defense.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/6476770774

it cant hurt to sign him for just the rest of the season.he would be a great up grade over wilhite.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

They had the chance to sign him for at least a year.  I doubt they do it now.  They have alot of healthy DB's which is the first time in a long time and a good veteran sitting on the sidelines.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

healthy yes,but thats it.the safties are great,and bodden is getting better.after that it drops off. he would be an up grade over wilhite for the rest of the year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

They should try out Springs before they do something like that.  At least springs would get some INT's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The only thing the defense is confident about is getting paid.  Of course, once they start playing like an NFLer in their last contracted season, they bolt for more.  Not only do they learn at the team's expense; they learn at the fan's expense, as well.  So what? Do we have to suffer through this for 4 year to get a solid season?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Defense WINS championships.
    Offense WINS games.

Sections
Shortcuts