It is not over

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Re: It is not over

In Response to Re: It is not over:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is not over : That's why I had to create this thread.  It aint over.  If we play like we did last night then we are a 500 team and yeah, 500 teams dont go to the playoffs.  But if we play like we are capable of and we do have the talent to play to that level then we can put a run together and get in.  imo, we have to run the table.  we lose too many tie breakers to even lose one more game.  If we go 10-6 our tie breakers will be almost impossible to overcome but 11-5 we are in.  All of this is moot if we play like we played in Denver. As far as the doom and gloomers on Jets boards, if i am one of them, I am most upset at Wayne Hunter.  the frog hole at Right Tackle just bucks with me to no end.  if he isnt getting blown the frog up by a rookie pass rusher he is getting his obligatory 1-2 penalties a game.  And he smiles afterwards...geez, that really gets me on edge.  Knee Jerks for Rex's head doesnt even make sense.  Sanchize, I can see where they are coming from but he is still young.  He needs to be more consistent in a good way.  I will say this, he was more consistent last year and that wasnt consistent enough...So, he has the ability, he has the work ethic and he has the heart. he just needs to put it together for this run. Rodimus--rank em.  old school transformer show, michael bay transformer movies or the new transformers prime show.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Old school all the way dude! Bayformers and Prime do not exist 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The Jets are so out of it I am going to rout for them against the Bills.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Look at the schedule. Jets have Redskins, Phins and Chiefs as probable wins. They also have the Bills at home, Eagles and Giants. To think the Jets cant win 5 or 6 of these games is silly. Once the playoffs start, if I am the Pats, the Jets are still the last team I wish to face.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I hate the Jets. But they have only played 10 games and if they get their act together could end up just sneaking in. WeDerrWEDAT (whatever that means) is right. And if the Pats were at 5-5 we would think it is a long shot but possible and would not give up.

So whay all the BS. Why not:
    1. give the guy credit for showing up the very next day after their 2nd big loss in a row (and an embarrassing one at that)
    2. let him know that while yes they are a tough team and have some players, and while they have some big play makers, they are a flawed team with real weaknesses - starting with a thin and not so good O line which cant dominate in the run game nor pass block against a decent pass rush and no blocking TE to upgrade the weakness in packages... to having decent RBs but not ones that can make the running game a dominating component... to WRs who can make big plays but are all inconsistent and so make it harder to rely on an efficient O... to a QB who gets flustered under pressure, is too often inaccurate and not apparently much of a leader... to a D that is not especially good at rushing the QB though they are pretty good overall... to a blowhard coach and too many blowhard players that talk a heck of a lot more than they play....

SO give the guy his due... they should make the effort. The season is not over... but my money is certainly not on them making the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to It is not over:
    [QUOTE]Sooooooo....I am sure that most of you are thinking that the Jets season ended last night with Tebow driving 95 yards for the winning TD against my beloved Jets. Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

LOL, yes it did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Winning out will be tough. I give you credit showing up Werrdat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Jests will lose 3 games of the season. 8-8

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Is it over for the JESTS??? Not until they are officially eliminated from post season play, like being 4 games out of the playoffs with 3 to play, which I sincerely hope happens sooner rather than later. That'll give them more time to wallow in their misery and develope excuses as to WTFK had happened. They'll also get a leg up on next season's SB predictiopn.

But with that being said, there are still 6 games left, giving them plenty opportunity. If they could gak up a seemingly easy game vs the Broke Backs, what makes us Patriots fans think that no other possible playoff team won't do the same (Jags vs Ravens, anyone?)? The JESTS! are at the point when other contenders losses help them more than one of their own wins. We need go no further than the 2010 season when EVERYONE had them dead and buried in early December, after getting humiliated on Monday night. How'd that turn out for teh "they're dead!" crowd?

So, let's hold off on teh funeral for Sanchize, Rexx The Hutt, and the Gang Of Underachievers AKA Jests! until the stake has been COMPLETELY driven through their collective hearts. Let's have the fans emotionally hang on week after week until it's finally over. Then we can enjoy all their excuses as to what happened.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Brady was unproven that year and had not won anything....much like sancheeze and jest so it is a good comparison. TB has gone on to accomplished much sancheeze has not.
    Posted by harleyroadking12[/QUOTE]

True, but this year isn't Sanchize's first rodeo. He's been on and tossed from the horse before. He's been to two straight AFC Championship games, and this is the best he can do in year 3? Apparently, he's failed to pay attention to what happened.  Either that, or he's become uncoachable. Let someone else make THAT call.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]WeDrr is right it's not over yet. The only problem is that they basically have to win out to get in. 9-10 wins is usually the mark you need to get a wildcard birth. All the Jets 5 loses were to AFC teams, with 2 being in conference. That does not look good for them in any tie breakers. They essentially have to be a full game better then all the other potential wild card teams at this point to have a shot. If they lose to Buf it's over and if they lose to another AFC team if could also be the death nail. If they lose to Phi then they basically have to get real lucky. Basically at this point they need to win out and even then they have to cross their fingers and hope a couple other teams fall apart
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Recall 2008, when Brady went down in game #1? They STILL went 11-5 without him, and LOST the tiebreakers, with all 5 losses coming against AFC opponents.  JESTS! are real close to that now, and trhey will NOT win double digit games this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajaym. Show ajaym's posts

[QUOTE]Well, just for being here today you separate yourself from the rest of your bretheran so hat's off to that. It's never over until it's over, I can remember not too long ago a playoff game where a Colts ST player ran into the Jets punter and as a result they came back and won a playoff game. I don't really believe the Jets have a chance this year but I thought I'd give you hope. Sanchez just isn't the guy and we've all been saying it here for years and I think you finally have to admit it. I will say one thing, I don't wish anyone serious injury but I do love the fact that LT is out because of a Julian Edelman hit.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

The jests surely missed Tomlinson on Thursday night.

Not sure if someone already mentioned/asked this, but, could it be possible that Edelman's hit on Tomlinson in the last jests' drive against Pats last Sunday was a payback for what they did to Faulk over a year ago?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Sooooooo....I am sure that most of you are thinking that the Jets season ended last night with Tebow driving 95 yards for the winning TD against my beloved Jets.  I must admit that drive hurt almost as much as the Sanchize throwing another pick 6...  We are not out and we will not give up.  Our playoffs start against the Bills. You ladies have fun with your breathing room in the AFC East. Oh yeah, I hate you all... well, hate is a strong word...I dislike you all very much... on second thought, some of you I do like, so, I dislike some of you very much... meh, it is really only a couple of you that I cant stand so I dislike a couple of you very much and the rest of you, good luck until we meet again which will hopefully be in the playoffs.  PLAYOFFS!#$%?!  Yeah, thats right the playoffs!!!!

It is OHVA!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is not over : So, really, what is your deal?  Are you a Pats or Jets fan?  You come off like an arrogant Jets fan, so I am just wondering.  You've been one here to mock my opinions just recently saying you were laughing at them, but the irony is, they've all been almost completely accurate with regards to the analysis with the Jets. Also, when I called out your boyfriend, Bruschi, I've been dead-on, there too. Ask Tedy when Tom is going to manage a game for 4 qtrs instead of sleepwalking through the first half every week.   You seem to like hype, trendy things, etc.  Teenagers usually fall for those things. It's why American Idol does so well. You enjoy, "RKarp". PS You're toally delusional thinking NY can win 5/6 games with Sanchez at QB. He'll struggle @ Miami, against Buff, @ Washington, @ Philly and against the Giants. Miami, they were they are playing now, would love to bitchslap him and his hair gel. Washington has a good D, Philly will be playing for Reid's pride and have the Vick wild card with NY's run D AWFUL as we can see. You don't know much about the NFL.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Russ, I am a Pats fan who has run my mouth in NY the past few years to only show up in January with my tail between my legs. Let's face it, the season does not end in November. Everyone has counted the Jets out the past 2 seasons way too early, only to be crushed in January. Your opinions have been laughable and mock able. You ridicule Tannenbaum but give BB a free pass for the same errors regarding depth, draft and roster management ( I think you cut and paste your Revis contract comments and used it for your Mankins rants) Your weekly Brady bashings while he has been hiding an injured elbow is down right funny. It's also foolish to think the outcome of the Jets remaining games is in the hands of Sanchez, and not the defense. Lastly, what's with your man crush on Bruschi? I mentioned I spoke to him one night and asked him his thoughts as an absolute insider on the Pats, and all you can come back with is he doesn't criticize Brady? I expect more out your attacks than "trendy" or "teenager" I laugh that you think I don't know squat about football, when for the past 25 years I have spent most likely 2-3 days every week from July to January in Foxboro. I read your "thoughts" on all things Pats, and laugh at how mistaken you usually are.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

We all realize, I think, the team is no where near thinking like some fans are now.  The upcoming breeze of a schedule for the Pats can certainly breed overconfidence in some who post here.  I will stick with the BB mantra...  the next game is the only game to think of right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone who thinks it is, other than the pundits apparently, forgets there are still 6 games left for the Jets and 7 for the Pats.  If a lot can happen in the games prior to now, a lot can happen between now and the end of the season.  Fat lady hasn't even started to warm up!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I agree, mathematicaly not out of it, realistically, most likely.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is not over : okay little guy. you speaking about the psychotic delusion of others is where I draw the line.

Fine to have hope, and faith in your team, but DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE.  You're like a 10 year old trying to score with college girls..  it doesn't matter WHAT you say or do, you don't have what it takes.  Grow up before you show up.  When your team gets back in it, talk.  But for now, shut up.  SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.
    One of the biggest reasons everyone, and I mean EVERYONE hates the Jests is they never ever shut up.  BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.  SHUT THE H3LL UP.
    Go talk about your chances on thegangreen, and leave us winners in peace.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

The next game is the only game - is the only way to fly

I said in preseason that the Jets had holes on DL and OL
    Not a wy to start the season

the problem with the jests is that
              they talk too much 
              Rex uses pshycology 101 too much
              The team doesn't know what it is

And now

the fans and the media are killing them
        they feel they have been duped again!
       they don't believe in Sanchez anymore
        Rex has thrown Sanchez under th bus
     Their OC sucks and Rex a a Defensive coach only
            the WR's are turning on Sanchez

11-5 and hope they aren't tied with anybody cause
    they loses all the tiebreakers - Good Luck

and good Luck for 2012 while i'm at it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Statistically, no its not but face it ITS OVER

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

Listen guys, especially you rusty.

I hate the Jets as much as the next pats fan. There is no other team I love to see fail more than NYJ.

That being said, look at the history of the Rex regime in NY. It has been stated that the Jets play their absolute best football when their backs are against the wall, when they are being doubted, and when everyone counts them out.

Cmon Rusty, do you remember the Monday night massacre 45-3 game last year? Everyone doubted NYJ and didnt even give them a chance leading up to the playoff game rematch. We all know how that turned out, unfortunately.

Like it or not, Rex and the Jets DO know how to beat NE. They are 5-5 right now, and although they have been playing like garbage as of late, they're still a good team. Not a great/elite team, but still solid. Who knows, they could win out and finish at 11-5 with a 5th seed, or they could lose out and get a top 10 pick for all we know. All I know is that this is a team that cannot be counted out. This is when they play their best.

They always have a chance until i go to the standings page on NFL.com and they have a "e" for "eliminated from playoff contention" next to their name.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Yes, not over until it's over and every dedicated fan will feel that way regardless. That's why wer'e fans till the end. So soon we forget our own misfortunes of being beaten badly by Pittsburg and then barely by the Giants and all the talk here? What was it a total of 15 points in 3 losses?

Can we all imagine a playoff game with the Jets again? In my mind I hope it happens and a good beatdown by the Pats will end the mystique of the Jets once and for all. That game - if it happens -  will top the charts in viewership.
    Wonder if the Tobin or Brooklyn Bridge would have more jumpers! .... Wink

peace to all .....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Sooooooo....I am sure that most of you are thinking that the Jets season ended last night with Tebow driving 95 yards for the winning TD against my beloved Jets.  I must admit that drive hurt almost as much as the Sanchize throwing another pick 6...  We are not out and we will not give up.  Our playoffs start against the Bills. You ladies have fun with your breathing room in the AFC East. Oh yeah, I hate you all... well, hate is a strong word...I dislike you all very much... on second thought, some of you I do like, so, I dislike some of you very much... meh, it is really only a couple of you that I cant stand so I dislike a couple of you very much and the rest of you, good luck until we meet again which will hopefully be in the playoffs.  PLAYOFFS!#$%?!  Yeah, thats right the playoffs!!!!

No, they are done. Don't worry. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is not over : Recall 2008, when Brady went down in game #1? They STILL went 11-5 without him, and LOST the tiebreakers, with all 5 losses coming against AFC opponents.  JESTS! are real close to that now, and trhey will NOT win double digit games this year.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are currently 10th in the AFC with no tie breakers. The only way they aren't done is if they suddenly switch to the AFC West.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i wouls say the same if the pats were 5-5 at this point.