It is not over

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: It is not over

You are right, It's NOT over, because your wife hasn't sung yet....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

that said, being on the losing side on a lot of tiebreakers means 10-6 may not be enough. can the jets win all remaining schedules.

it's funny because the personality of some nyj players is the type who will fake an injury in the middle of the game, just to save themselves some embarassment. we'll see which players choose to not get up after a getting hit. i am guessing it will be in the secondary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Within two weeks' time, the Jets will begin their yearly finger pointing, and Rex will once again fail to own up to his own brash predictions. His shtick is overplayed and outdated by now.  And it's the only offense he's got.

As long as Sanchez is the QB on that team, they are doomed to fail.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I get it, We der as Bluto:  "What, over?  Nothing's over til we decide it is.  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell, no!"

Nice try.  But fat, drunk, stupid and a Jets fan is no way to go through life, son.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

In Response to Re: It is not over:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is not over : Look at the facts. Don't focus on just me. There are a dozen people in here agreeing with me, and I with them. You can't compare previous years this year. Last year, they eeked out wins in OT against Houston, Cleveland and Detroit.  Ok, good job to barely win against those teams so you go 11-5 and not 8-8.  But, I know what I see. In 2009, Indy laid down. The difference is they don't have the character. They don't have what it takes to respond to the pressure. They're clearly more motivated by being able to be just slightly better than average teams and they get off on that reading their press clippings. Yes, they play SBs against us, and that's their issue. Look at their comments. They come off the most embarrassing home loss in regular season history and Revis says "I am not impressed with Tebow". lol IMMATURE They blew a game at home to NE and then followed it up with a collapse for the ages @ Denver to option QB, Tim Tebow. The Jets have no tiebreakers with Balt or Oak, or even Denver for that matter right now.  They do have 1 with SD, thanks to 13 penalties against SD, many of the PI variety leading to 3 TD passes for Marky Mark. Super. Guess what?  I am not impressed. They best hope SD doesn't get hot like they normally do this time of year, because barring a SD fade away here at the end or Baltimore losing the majority of their games the rest of the year, their odds aren't very good. And when you're counting on Mark Sanchez to all of a sudden becoming good, you have some longer odds. Add in the pressure they put on themselves, their lack of maturity and character, and it's one big pile of dung for them. You can't compare last year to this year, either.  No way. NY was loaded for bear last year, trying to win it all. Their team has lost so many quality people like Damien Woody, Jason Taylor, Tony Richardson, or even someone as effective as Brad Smith, etc.  These may not seem like massive losses, but it's clearly added up, as warned. Sanchez has been trying to be consistent all year long with Burress and Holmes and he can't. Slants and seams are n't enough. Teams take out Keller and Sanchez makes mistakes. Done. Shonn Greene is dinged up, LT has a sore MCL, McKnight likes to fumble, and Sanchez is nothing without a run game. Nothing.  They also quit on the last drive to Denver.  The whole reason why Sanchrez's numbers seem to improve in the second half is because that run game gets some momentum, enough for him to do something.  Other than that, he's limited because he's overrated and bordering on a bust. NY has not beaten a team above .500 all year long, so they'll lose to the Giants (that loss could do it),  will struggle against Buffalo at home, Philly will cause them all kinds of problems with McCoy/Maclin/Jackson and a run game and the Skins D will take on the challenge of shutting down the Jets offense in DC. Also, don't expect KC to lay down. Don't expect Miami to want to lose at home to NY. They would LOVE to play spoiler. LOVE to. You're one who apparently thinks NY can cupcake into WCs every year, and this is the year that their luck will run out in that area. They've used up all their charms the last 2 years. The mirage is now a reality.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    Honestly rusty, your probably right. If i had to take a guess at the moment on wether the jets will make the playoffs or not, my guess would be that they miss out. 

All im saying is that in the past couple years they have proven people wrong when they were doubted. Remember the Atlanta/NYJ game 2 yrs ago, they laid an egg and were written off. Granted indy and cincy laid down, but they still did damage in the playoffs. Last year, came into foxboro and got slaughtered on monday night by 6 touchdowns. After that game who would have thought they come into foxboro in january and kick our as$e$ up and down the field.

look at their shedule
    vs. buffalo- its a winnable game. They seem to have the bill's number

@ washington- winnable. Washington is not a good football team.

Kansas City- who knows, their so inconsistent. Even then its still winnable

@philly- I think they lose here...but they still have a shot

NYG- tough game. Definately the edge goes to big blue. By that time though maybe NYG already has a playoff spot locked up and rests starters...who knows. NYG deff will be favorites, but jets still have a chance

@miami- winnable game

Who knows with that schedule. In their last 6 games they can finish anywhere between 0-6 and 6-0.

I admit the chances are very slim...id say their playoff chances are between 5 and 10%.

All im saying is thaat they play their best when the team is in the current situation they are in.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

As much as I hate the Jets I wouldn't count them out of it, although it really doesn't matter if they make it - they'll never win a thing with Sanchez. I'm just glad they don't have a decent QB because really their coaching is solid (they could do a lot worse), they have a solid D, and they can run it. It's most of the ingredients you look for in a team. 

There really is nothing quite as nice as watching this team lose, except for watching their coach become more and more irrelevant by the day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If you're going to be objective, I think you have to say the Jets have a very hard road to win the division now, but still have a reasonable chance at a wildcard slot. The fact is, a lot of the teams in the AFC have been up and down all year, so it's hard to say with certainty who's clearly in or out.  My guess is that at least one of the wildcards will come from the AFC North (probably the Ravens). When I look at the competition (Bengals, Titans, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Bills) for that second wildcard slot, though, I guess I'd have to say the Jets are right in the mix.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Jets=Toast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is not over : Really funny redneck. you have nothing to say put it took you 3 posts to say it.  Why dont you go duct tape something.  Start with your azz cheeks so your landlord cant come collecting like he did last month.  gtfo my thread if you aint got shizz to say to me.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Ever notice how people turn to insults and putdowns when they run out of logical arguments? If this is all the ammo you have, you really shouldn't have started this thread. We all know you started it to pump yourself up, your coach does the same thing, running his mouth predicting victory even more after a devastating loss. It's called insecurity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]I get it, We der as Bluto:  "What, over?  Nothing's over til we decide it is.  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell, no!" Nice try.  But fat, drunk, stupid and a Jets fan is no way to go through life, son.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

I would have gone with -  Fat, Drunk, and Jet fan is NO way to go through life, son.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Son, they are done.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf4c2p5MAc1qclcbeo1_500.jpg

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I get it, We der as Bluto:  "What, over?  Nothing's over til we decide it is.  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell, no!" Nice try.  But fat, drunk, stupid and a Jets fan is no way to go through life, son.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Agree abot the Jests, but the Germans didn't bomb Pearl Harbor. Better re-think that one before you post.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

OK guys who left the door to WeDat's cage unlocked?

The Jets may not be mathematically out of the playoffs but they have to win out and a lot of other teams have to fall flat on their faces for them to make the playoffs. Currently the team is in a state of disarray. Grenne is injured. LT is not only hurting but he's old and tired to boot and Sanchez is reverting back to his high school level with the help of Rex who is looking for someone to hang all the blame on. Both lines are not as good as they were the previous two years. I have a feeling that rex's locker room is not the Disney like happy place it was at the beginning of the season.
    Here's a good chart based on their record for their remaning games

If finish:Chance inChance team will finish the regular season at position 
    TWW-LPCTplayoffs12345678910111213141516Count

11 6-01.00090.5%05251253490        32,066 
    10 5-1.83349.4  072634381210      154,027 
    9 4-2.66710.3  01109334015100    299,905 
    8 3-3.5000.4   00005264222400   300,279 
    7 2-4.3330.0    0 00218362911200 162,898 
    6 1-5.167No        017223225112 45,912 
    5 0-6.000No          011028402104,913 

Total:13.7%002129182220137321001,000,000

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is not over : Agree abot the Jests, but the Germans didn't bomb Pearl Harbor. Better re-think that one before you post.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Obviously you've never seen Aminal House. Watch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQtU_fYe6gE&feature=related

WeDat seemed to get more and more angry as the thread progressed. His 'I'm a tough guy over the internet' act is always good for a laugh. His mommy better lock him back up or he'll be out taking out his anger on small defenseless animals again. Squirrels beware!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is not over : Obviously you've never seen Aminal House. Watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQtU_fYe6gE&feature=related WeDat seemed to get more and more angry as the thread progressed. His 'I'm a tough guy over the internet' act is always good for a laugh. His mommy better lock him back up or he'll be out taking out his anger on small defenseless animals again. Squirrels beware!
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

LOL good one evil. I forgot about that, and I stand corrected......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]As a Pat's fan I hope the Jets do make the play-offs and we get to play them. I hope the Pat's win their first playoff game since 2007 against the NJ Jets so they can get 2 monkeys off their backs. This opinion is strictly from a fans perspective who knows and has many Jet fan friends. I am tired of hearing how every time the Jets beat the Pat's they celebrate it like a SB win. Their fans need to shut up and understand that their QB, Head Coach and most of their team is pretty much overrated.Then again if the Jet's don't make the play-offs it will be just as easy do deal with some of my obnoxious NJ JET friends. It would just be icing on the cake to beat them 3 times in one year especially in the play-offs. From the teams perspective they most likely don't give a flying you know what about who they play as long as they make the play-offs and can advance.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

This I agree with - I hope the Jets do make the playoffs and the Pats get to play them - The Patriots do need to get that monkey off their back  - I know BB would be fired up to get that sort of win and it might help the Pats get over the hump to the AFCCG

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Hey! JETS WIN TONIGHT! Beat the Flyers 6-4! It really ISN'T over, OP was right. Er, well, wait a minute----wrong sport. Sorry, I guess it really is over after all........Nevermind....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Well WeWereWhatWeThoughtHeWas here's the sobering facts. At 5-5 and 6 games left you have to go 5-1 to have a shot at the wild card. If The Jesters lose 2 of 6 and finish 9-7 I don't see them making the playoffs! And BTW Sancheese is an average QB-you know this and All Pats fans have known this and have been trying to explain this to you and others, but for some reason NYkers have lost their ability to be objective and come to grips with this QB situation! Good luck on the SB that the Phat man guaranteed again.I think what he meant was he would be AT the SB as a spectator! LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is not over : I would have gone with -  Fat, Drunk, and Jet fan is NO way to go through life, son.

Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

You're right, that would have been plenty.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is not over : haha He didn't know the quote.  Arguably the funniest line (not scene) in the movie.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah, I've seen it but it's been a really long time. With some of the stupid things I see on theses forums, the idea that somebody thought the Germans really did bomb Pearl Harbor occurred to me before the movie did. Apologies to Muzwell.

25. This post has been removed.