It is painfully obvious that Sam Aiken is not the Answer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

It is painfully obvious that Sam Aiken is not the Answer

The Patriots direley need a 3rd receiver for Brady !~!! Galloway was a waste of money and Aikens don't look like he can catch a cold either ...Time for the next option and hope he can contribute ....We already have two strikes !! Now that Welker is playing we need another valid option so that Randy can start running post routes north and south again....Time to make another change at that position for the Bronco game.....There was a receiver, Terrence Nunn that is on the taxi squad but played extremely well at training camp....He should be our next option  ......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: It is painfully obvious that Sam Aiken is not the Answer

There is a bright side to all of this.  I can't remember where I read this, but it was explained that the lack of WR's for the game against the Ravens was a deciding factor in going with more RB/TE's in our formations, and even lining up the RB's out wide at times.  I cringe every time I see us going spread against very good defenses.  I liked our approach last week.

Moral to the story: maybe we need to stay a little thin at WR a little longer... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I don't think Aiken should have been considered the answer as a starting #3 WR.  He's should be just a special teams player and backup WR.  Edelman would be the best option right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to It is painfully obvious that Sam Aiken is not the Answer:
    [QUOTE]The Patriots direley need a 3rd receiver for Brady !~!! Galloway was a waste of money and Aikens don't look like he can catch a cold either ...Time for the next option and hope he can contribute ....We already have two strikes !! Now that Welker is playing we need another valid option so that Randy can start running post routes north and south again....Time to make another change at that position for the Bronco game.....There was a receiver that is on the taxi squad but played extremely well at training camp....He should be our next option  ......
    Posted by flip781[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother. BB made a mistake depending on 50 year old Joey Galloway to fit the bill. He would have been far better off reaching a deal with Jabbar Gaffney. The Pats need a 3rd receiver whose not afraid to run slants...and can take some of the heat off Randy Moss. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Tate

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: It is painfully obvious that Sam Aiken is not the Answer:
    [QUOTE]Tate
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

Hopefully 2nd half. Can't rush the guy who will be our #3 next year Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Aiken looked a little better than Galloway. Well, at least he ran the correct routes....

I hope Tate can be activated for week 7. And I hope he can pick up the offense pretty quickly. I think he's the best hope to replace Galloway.

Welker and Edelman are slot guys, but perhaps Moss/Welker/Edelman can be effective in 3 WR sets. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

Of course, Aiken is not the answer.  He has only 28 receptions in

7 years

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

[QUOTE]There is a bright side to all of this.  I can't remember where I read this, but it was explained that the lack of WR's for the game against the Ravens was a deciding factor in going with more RB/TE's in our formations, and even lining up the RB's out wide at times.  I cringe every time I see us going spread against very good defenses.  I liked our approach last week. Moral to the story: maybe we need to stay a little thin at WR a little longer... 
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

this is precisely right.  not only are the patriots a healthier offense utilizing less wide receivers and more tight ends and backs, but having randy run more cross and underneath routes seems to keep his head in the game, otherwise which can sometimes float away and disappear.  working the ball down the field then taking the home run shots when they don't expect it seems to be the most effective way to control the clock, keep our defense fresh, and keep the other offense off the field.  it's also great playoff style football, and if need be, we can always go 4 or five wide to mix it up. 

great point caraway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Eddleman could be our 3rd. Gaffney was a good #3 last year, and he isn't any faster than Eddleman. With a little more experience, Julian could fill Gaffney's shoes.

As for Tate, I read a few weeks ago that he's coming along real well both physically and in terms of understanding the offense..

Had he been healthy, Tate would  have been drafted ahead of Hakeem Nicks (1st round). He's smooth, athletic and fast (at least before the injury).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Terrence Nunn.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I have to echo Grogan77. Aiken was brought in to strengthen special teams, not be one of the top three receivers. Plus, it's kind of being petty to ask for another high-quality receiver when we're already rocking Moss and the Slot Machine!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

brady seems to throw alot towards aiken. although he is more of a special teams player, he is a big target to throw to. yes galloway hasn't panned out as well as we would have liked, we will know by week 6 if tate will be around or not, but don't expect much from tate either,eddleman is a good slot reciever, don't really have great hands though, yes he is shifty, but he ain't the next welker. don't forget the pats have some TE and RB that can catch so there isn't much of a concern for weapons in the passing game. 
    i'm more concerned with running the ball, as you may remember in 2007 by december and definitly in the playoffs the passing game lacked maybe because of the change in weather or what ever, but thats when we need a decent running attack.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think Aiken should have been considered the answer as a starting #3 WR.  He's should be just a special teams player and backup WR.  Edelman would be the best option right now.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]
     I'm a big supporter of Edleman, but he is a slot receiver. T Nunn is a good sized receiver 6'1" with great athletic ability. The pass can be in the dirt, high, behind him or whatever he catches it. You can not coach or teach instincts a player has them or they don't, Nunn has them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CEHenry3. Show CEHenry3's posts

Obviously, Belichick has his reasons for not moving Nunn off the practice squad, and furthermore those reasons have been sufficient for other teams to not acquire him.  He did look exceptional in preseason, agreed, but it wasn't enough.

Edelman is a solid option at this point, given his production to date with and without Welker in the game.  He's 6', which is big enough, and has already shown a good understanding of the offense.  I like having him out there.

Nunn remains an option, which is good, and Tate may or may not be around later in the season.

Keep the faith, people.  We're 3-1, and everyone would agree that no part of the team has played anywhere near to its potential yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CEHenry3. Show CEHenry3's posts

Not to mention the fact that Galloway isn't off the team yet.  He's adjusted to several offenses over the years.  I can't believe he won't pick this one up at some point in the near future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE] (at least before the injury)Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

You are right - he could be great but we do not know because his injury was severe like Bradys. Some expected Brady to bounce back quickly but it did not happen. Might be the same for Tate. Not sure why they do not try Nunn - I assume they are just waiting for him to learn the system and we will see him later this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is painfully obvious that Sam Aiken is not the Answer :  I'm a big supporter of Edleman, but he is a slot receiver. T Nunn is a good sized receiver 6'1" with great athletic ability. The pass can be in the dirt, high, behind him or whatever he catches it. You can not coach or teach instincts a player has them or they don't, Nunn has them.
    Posted by sonieboy[/QUOTE]

Nunn may be the best option at #3, but he has to play in a regular season game first.  My guess is the coaches feel he needs more work. And yes, Edelman is a slot WR, but right now he's the best option in a Pats uniform.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

If the problem we have is that Aiken is our #3 WR we are doing ok. Watson is showing a lot of improvement in the passing game. He is the number 3 option. Everything will work out in the passing game. Remember Reche Caldwell was our best WR a few years ago. Brady can make anyone look good. Except Galloway of course. As for Tate, I cannot see this happening. If a wily vet cannot grasp the offense in 4 months, who's to say a rookie who has not practiced with the team yet can pick it up halfway through the season. Yes reports have said that he is coming along nicely, but that means his rehab from major knee surgery is coming along nicely. It does not mean at week 6 he starts practicing and by week 8 is demanding coverage rolling to him opening up lanes for Randy people. Wake up.

Sections
Shortcuts