It looks like Greg Ellis is going to be released.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

It looks like Greg Ellis is going to be released.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnyxrLEod1duoxyEtEZ2v3uLCpJ4?slug=ap-cowboys-ellis&prov=ap&type=lgns

I don't think anyone will trade for him at his cap figure.  I am thinking Greg is about to be released and he might be worth a tryout from BB.  He got 8-9 sacks last year as a situational rusher and is a good guy.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: It looks like Greg Ellis is going to be released.

Ellis had a problem with the Cowboys moving him to OLB, he thought he should still be a DE and so I am not so sure he would want to come to NE and play OLB for the Pats. But maybe I read it wrong and maybe he just didnt want to play OLB in the Dallas defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think Dallas had a problem with him at OLB, LOL.

He is a liability in coverage compared to smaller OLBs.

But Bill managed to work around that with Willie McGinest by working him in zone.

As a third down vet he might be interesting. 20 sacks is impressive any two season stretch, let alone at 31-32.

If he were cheap it would be a nice way to get the young kids some playing time, without going overboard on an expensive solution to a problem you hope player development resolves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

he could be a nice addition for the right price, although from what i've read he is constantly complaining about his contract and playing time, so he may just go to the highest bidder (which is never the pats). plus those numbers over the past two seasons are probably inflated by playing opposite Ware. still, he's a decent veteran who could help on 3rd down and is supposedly a team leader type. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

G Ellis is too slow to play OLB.
    If he is released, would peg him as a slightly better Jarvis Green.

But no way would I ask him to drop in coverage.....

Sections
Shortcuts