IT WAS ONLY ONE GAME, BUT EDELMAN SURE LOOKS LIKE HE BELONGS.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

IT WAS ONLY ONE GAME, BUT EDELMAN SURE LOOKS LIKE HE BELONGS.

Take the name off of his jersey and you'd swear you're watching Welker..........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bryanwiener. Show bryanwiener's posts

Re: IT WAS ONLY ONE GAME, BUT EDELMAN SURE LOOKS LIKE HE BELONGS.

I'm in LOVE with him!  It's a healthy man-crush on a 22 year old and its simple as that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: IT WAS ONLY ONE GAME, BUT EDELMAN SURE LOOKS LIKE HE BELONGS.:
    [QUOTE]I'm in LOVE with him!  It's a healthy man-crush on a 22 year old and its simple as that.
    Posted by bryanwiener[/QUOTE]

A little duct tape and a marker and your old Bledsoe jersey has a new look!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Watch out, the kid has an arm too.  We haven't seen that part of him yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dpfa17. Show dpfa17's posts

Is he a whitey?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: IT WAS ONLY ONE GAME, BUT EDELMAN SURE LOOKS LIKE HE BELONGS.:
    [QUOTE]Is he a whitey?
    Posted by dpfa17[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that you're asking if he's a white guy?  Yes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I can't believe the got him in the 7th round. The guy is like a clone of Welker. Imagine using this guy on punt returns and to spell Welker and keep him fresh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennasoxfan67. Show pennasoxfan67's posts

Pardon my ignorance, but could someone give me some background on this kid?  He was a QB in college, right?  7th round?  What did he do in college (which college?) and why did he fall so far in the draft?  I remeber when Welker played for Miami...I saw the game against the fins that year down at Joe Robby and Welker was hands down the fastest, quickest dude on the field.  When I heard the Pats had signed him I thought it was brilliant, and indeed, it has turned out to be true.  Guys like this, from what I am reading on this thread, are game changers.  TIA for the info.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

For their first preseason game I think pretty much all the rookies looked good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Pardon my ignorance, but could someone give me some background on this kid?  He was a QB in college, right?  7th round?  What did he do in college (which college?) and why did he fall so far in the draft?  I remeber when Welker played for Miami...I saw the game against the fins that year down at Joe Robby and Welker was hands down the fastest, quickest dude on the field.  When I heard the Pats had signed him I thought it was brilliant, and indeed, it has turned out to be true.  Guys like this, from what I am reading on this thread, are game changers.  TIA for the info.
    Posted by pennasoxfan67[/QUOTE]

I have your back.

Correct, he was a college QB at Kent State.  Ran some form of the spread offense there and led the nation in rushing for QB's in 2008 (1,370 yards which was 15th over all).  Below is a link that will show all of his career stats.

I believe he fell because he was a "tweener" who didn't have a clear position in the pros, size may have also been a factor.  Welker wasn't even drafted out of Texas Tech, he signed with the Chargers I believe and was released...then being picked up by Miami.

Hope this helps.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=193061

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Here's Edelman's '05 highlights, when he was playing junior college ball in Tom Brady's hometown.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN18Y934Ono

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If I was going to name the 3 stars of the game from last night he would have been #1 the guy had a great game and that punt return he showed how quick he is,#2 was Tom Brady just because he's Tom Brady,#3 I've got a tie Chris Baker the touchdown maker and TBC.Obviously Chris Baker caught 2 TD passes but TBC had at least 1 solo sack and was in on 2 other tackles behind the line of scrimmage,all in all he was disruptive!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSFANNC. Show PATSFANNC's posts

[QUOTE]Watch out, the kid has an arm too.  We haven't seen that part of him yet.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Edelman is White Vick without the dogs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSFANNC. Show PATSFANNC's posts

Edelman is White Vick without the dogs

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

Edelman is basically a more versatile Pat White 5 rounds and a lot less money later. As this guy's career progresses, Phins fans who have raved about White are going to hate themselves.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't care if he's purple, the kid looks like he can play.  If he can keep this up for the next few preseason games he's on the active game day roster.  Yeah, I think a lot of us fans have forgotten that he can also sling the ball.  We'll no doubt see that at some point in the season.

The next game will tell us more about where he sits in the rotation.  Will BB rotate in a different group of rookies to start off the game?  

One thing is for certain.  Edelman either makes the 53-man roster or he will no longer be a Patriot.  He showed enough to guarantee he doesn't make it to the practice squad without being picked up by some team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agree he looks good but calling him a clone of wes welker is too much. Your not giving Welker enough credit, no rookie can come in and do what Welker does so no he is not a Wes Welker clone. Just cause he is a white WR does not mean we have to say he is like Wes. I like this kid and hope he is that good but one pre season game means jack sh*t. We have had pre season hero's in teh past that never turned out in the regular season so lets not all start touching ourselves to this kids team photo quite yet huh gang?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Edelman can run the wildcat, gun it all over the field, and if needed he has college experience playing safety.  He also made one tackle on the kickoff coverage team.  Please put him in an advertisement with Troy Brown.

I worry about his durability, though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Well he has not given us any reason to doubt his durability so what makes you doubt it?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

I think before last nights game, absolutely no one on this board new who Edelmen was. I didn't. But after seeing him in action, I'm even more excited for this offense going into this season. I mean, adding what appears to be another Wes Welker to the other side of the field in a 4wr spread formation is very dangerous threat. I like his Kicking return style, North and South and VERY FAST.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE] We have had pre season hero's in teh past that never turned out in the regular season so lets not all start touching ourselves to this kids team photo quite yet huh gang?
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

I worry about you, Luther.

Sometimes I worry.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

His footwork on the field definitely reminds you of Wes Welker.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostOfLombardi. Show GhostOfLombardi's posts

[QUOTE]I think before last nights game, absolutely no one on this board new who Edelmen was. I didn't. But after seeing him in action, I'm even more excited for this offense going into this season. I mean, adding what appears to be another Wes Welker to the other side of the field in a 4wr spread formation is very dangerous threat. I like his Kicking return style, North and South and VERY FAST.  
    Posted by rpn123321[/QUOTE]

Actually, anyone that reads Reiss on a daily basis would know that Julian Edelman and Mike Reiss have been clandestine lovers ever since rookie camp...

The kid is a gamer though--glad to have him on board.  Pioli who? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I would like to know what players like Welker, Harrison, and many other good and established players in the NFL think when us fans say "he's the next...".  They must cringe.  It seems to be a phenomenon unique to sports.  Imagine hearing such things in your own professions.  When I was in the military, I would have been laughed out of the service had I called any new Lieutenant the next Patton or Bradley.  Imagine some sharp kid coming out of college being called the next Warren Buffet or Bill Gates.

Edelman looked good, but as Killa basically stated, lets not please ourselves to his picture yet.  In fact, that's a scary thought even if he makes the pro bowl.  

All that said, looking good in a preseason game is better than looking bad.  Looking forward to the next game.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IT WAS ONLY ONE GAME, BUT EDELMAN SURE LOOKS LIKE HE BELONGS. : Actually, anyone that reads Reiss on a daily basis would know that Julian Edelman and Mike Reiss have been clandestine lovers ever since rookie camp... The kid is a gamer though--glad to have him on board.  Pioli who? 
    Posted by GhostOfLombardi[/QUOTE]

Ya Reiss has definitely been hyping Julian up.  I also agree that he looks an awful lot like Welker(he plays the same style, same footwork, etc.).  

Lets also remember that he was out there playing against Philly's 1st string defense.  In the past when people have gotten excited about unheralded rookies in preseason it usually is when their playing against the other teams 3rd string players who may not even have made the team.  Reiss has said he believes he's 4th on the depth chart behing Galloway and ahead of Lewis and that was before last nights performance.  

So while he may not be the second coming of Welker I don't see anything wrong with being excited that it looks like we got a steal in the 7th round and a kid that's probably going to contribute on an offense that may go down as the all time greatest(that is before next years team =) )