It was said this past week, A QB's best friend is...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It was said this past week, A QB's best friend is...

a good running attack and a good defense.  The Pats have been lacking both these last few years.  Is it a wonder that teams with good defenses have been winning the SB?  Brady, as the Pats' QB needs some more good friends.  Will it happen this year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: It was said this past week, A QB's best friend is...

I was thinking it was his hot wife that makes 45 M per , but hey what do I know. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I was thinking it was his hot wife that makes 45 M per , but hey what do I know. 

You know more than enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

a good running attack and a good defense.  The Pats have been lacking both these last few years.  Is it a wonder that teams with good defenses have been winning the SB?  Brady, as the Pats' QB needs some more good friends.  Will it happen this year?

a top notch blind side tackle

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What's wrong with the running game? Over 2,100 yards, 7th in the NFL.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

What's wrong with the running game? Over 2,100 yards, 7th in the NFL.

Not to mention leading the NFL in rushing touchdowns with 25 (Washington being second with 22). 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Ya, I was thinking strong offensive line. No matter how good his defense is he ain't winning if he's getting hit left and right.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Ya, I was thinking strong offensive line. No matter how good his defense is he ain't winning if he's getting hit left and right.

Dude, it's a top 5 O Line. When you have former O Linemen raving about Scarnecchia's line every year, it's not by accident.

Stop scouring for excuses to deflect away from the guy who runs this offense and prefers the shotgun.

What are you talking about? My comment had absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots. I meant in general a QB's best friend is a strong o-line, relax.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

The 2003 Patriots won a Super Bowl with one of the worst rushing attacks in football, averaging just 3.4 YPA on the ground (30th out of 32 teams). The Giants were dead last rushing the football last year (3.47 YPA), but still won the Super Bowl

The Super Bowl champion 2003 Patriots posted the best Defensive Passer Rating in franchise history (56.2). This was the same team that picked off Peyton Manning four times in the AFC title game.

Why are we still discusssing this?  I thought these two statements from yesterdays thread  pretty much tell the story.  Anyone arguing it is well....I'll be nice..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Umm, what we've been lacking is experience on D, which is not shocking since it was the youngest D in the league last year and off the lockout, one of the youngest.   But, that isn't the real problem as we know. The real problem is avoiding committing more so to the run and Brady under center more than he has been. 

THAT right there will make our D look a lot better than it has looked. Book it.  If we had a more experienced D that had been built over time like 2007's, then yes, our failed, finesse offense wouldn't look so much to be the culprit it is.

Why don't you ask Brady why we're throwing at the rate that will exceed 40 times, most of it from the shotgun when we have a lead in games?  That's the question that the media will not ask him or address. That's the question.

Ridley put up 1500 yards alone, so they clearly were trying to rein Brady in. The media commented all year on that being a point of emphasis in camp last summer, so it's clearly an issue that is known to be a problem.

IMO, the one thing they're missing is a true, all purpose FB/RB type to complete that picture. Woodhead is very good at what he does, but Vereen duplicates that role, so it's time to let Woodhead walk and get that lone missing piece in the backfield.

Some more I formation would only help playaction, reduce blitzing and make Brady better overall.

Less shotgun, more I formations will keep defenses more honest and make our O Line better, able to dictate a bit more when needed.  There is just no way around the elephant in the room.

Brady is 36 in September. If they need to take away some of his audibling power to accomplish this, then so be it.

The time has come.

Typical case of you bashing a HOF coach and QB all in one pst...can't be made up, it just can't. You go on to say that Brady needs to be "reined"...a pure bash on our head coach. Then you question the formations and suggest other ones (another slap at our head coach) - even though the offense has been a top three offense in football over the last three years. Then you make an attack on the actual personnel (a slight on the coach and his job as the GM). You sure you're not just a jet's fan? You sure you watch football?  We've been listening to your crap for the last ten years...it's beyond old at this point...go away.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Umm, what we've been lacking is experience on D, which is not shocking since it was the youngest D in the league last year and off the lockout, one of the youngest.   But, that isn't the real problem as we know. The real problem is avoiding committing more so to the run and Brady under center more than he has been. 

THAT right there will make our D look a lot better than it has looked. Book it.  If we had a more experienced D that had been built over time like 2007's, then yes, our failed, finesse offense wouldn't look so much to be the culprit it is.

Why don't you ask Brady why we're throwing at the rate that will exceed 40 times, most of it from the shotgun when we have a lead in games?  That's the question that the media will not ask him or address. That's the question.

Ridley put up 1500 yards alone, so they clearly were trying to rein Brady in. The media commented all year on that being a point of emphasis in camp last summer, so it's clearly an issue that is known to be a problem.

IMO, the one thing they're missing is a true, all purpose FB/RB type to complete that picture. Woodhead is very good at what he does, but Vereen duplicates that role, so it's time to let Woodhead walk and get that lone missing piece in the backfield.

Some more I formation would only help playaction, reduce blitzing and make Brady better overall.

Less shotgun, more I formations will keep defenses more honest and make our O Line better, able to dictate a bit more when needed.  There is just no way around the elephant in the room.

Brady is 36 in September. If they need to take away some of his audibling power to accomplish this, then so be it.

The time has come.

Typical case of you bashing a HOF coach and QB all in one pst...can't be made up, it just can't. You go on to say that Brady needs to be "reined"...a pure bash on our head coach. Then you question the formations and suggest other ones (another slap at our head coach) - even though the offense has been a top three offense in football over the last three years. Then you make an attack on the actual personnel (a slight on the coach and his job as the GM). You sure you're not just a jet's fan? You sure you watch football?  We've been listening to your crap for the last ten years...it's beyond old at this point...go away.

No, it's a typical case of me realizing that Brady has too much autonomy and our offensive gameplans might be devised too much by him. I get it, he's a great QB. A HOF QB.  But, it;s over.  No more asking Tom what he would like to do against good Ds. Just get him under Center, please.  Prepare for a battle in the trenches and look for opps to pull away in second halves. 

So, no, I am not bashing our HOF coach at all.   I am bashing Brady wanting to use the shotgun so much because he feels safer in the shotgun. Too bad. Get back under center, Tom.

On the flip side, let's GET him a legit FB/RB hybrid that will isolate LBs easier so they can't tee off on a pass rush or on our WRs/TEs in between the hashes.

Widen the field.

I know this kind of methodical strategy is well above your head, but that's ok. Leave the big boy discussions up to the big boys, Cupcake.

Couple of things wrong here...one you ARE questioning our coach and his ability to not only NOT be able to reel in his players, but devise an offense. Two, if Brady does like to play the style we are playing then you have to realize BB has always always been a coach known for tailoring his scheme around the players he has - he doesn't fit square pegs into round holes.

And there's more wrong here - you say we need  to isolate linebackers easier so they can't tee off on pressure and our TE's and recievers between the hashes?! You got to be kidding me? We have to be the absolute best team in football over the last ten years in between the hashes - we have two tight ends that embarrass linebackers regularly. Regularly! There's a reson why Gronk and Hernandez are combining to make 90 million in contract money, and it's not because they are having trouble with linebackers in coverage over the middle. You ever watch them?! My lord! And guess what? We have this receiver Welker who has caught somewhere around 1 million balls between the hashes over the last 8 years...we don't need help between the hashes.

And this widen the field thing - we've been wanting this and telling you this for years - we need outside help. You just go on and blame Brady for that. Now a nice fullback will be nice (or h back) but keep in mind Hernandez can do that stuff too...Vareen should be able to easily catch balls on screens and passes in the flat to draw a little bit of the coverage in as well. We also have had Woodhead doing that. There is a problem with this whole h- back to help in between the hashes coverage thing...an outside receiver that can run would clear things out even better. It's like a sinus infection, you can use sudafed, but that really will just mask things - you need the anti-biotic to really clear things out. 

So don't worry about it, our tight ends and slot receiver have been doing just fine. And relax, you don't need to tell Belichick what formations he should be running or what fullbaks need to be brought in. LOL!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The time has come.

No, it's a typical case of me realizing that Brady has too much autonomy and our offensive gameplans might be devised too much by him. I get it, he's a great QB. A HOF QB.  But, it;s over.  No more asking Tom what he would like to do against good Ds. Just get him under Center, please.  Prepare for a battle in the trenches and look for opps to pull away in second halves. 

So, no, I am not bashing our HOF coach at all.   I am bashing Brady wanting to use the shotgun so much because he feels safer in the shotgun. Too bad. Get back under center, Tom.

On the flip side, let's GET him a legit FB/RB hybrid that will isolate LBs easier so they can't tee off on a pass rush or on our WRs/TEs in between the hashes.

Widen the field.

I know this kind of methodical strategy is well above your head, but that's ok. Leave the big boy discussions up to the big boys, Cupcake.

Couple of things wrong here...one you ARE questioning our coach and his ability to not only NOT be able to reel in his players, but devise an offense. Two, if Brady does like to play the style we are playing then you have to realize BB has always always been a coach known for tailoring his scheme around the players he has - he doesn't fit square pegs into round holes.

And there's more wrong here - you say we need  to isolate linebackers easier so they can't tee off on pressure and our TE's and recievers between the hashes?! You got to be kidding me? We have to be the absolute best team in football over the last ten years in between the hashes - we have two tight ends that embarrass linebackers regularly. Regularly! There's a reson why Gronk and Hernandez are combining to make 90 million in contract money, and it's not because they are having trouble with linebackers in coverage over the middle. You ever watch them?! My lord! And guess what? We have this receiver Welker who has caught somewhere around 1 million balls between the hashes over the last 8 years...we don't need help between the hashes.

And this widen the field thing - we've been wanting this and telling you this for years - we need outside help. You just go on and blame Brady for that. Now a nice fullback will be nice (or h back) but keep in mind Hernandez can do that stuff too...Vareen should be able to easily catch balls on screens and passes in the flat to draw a little bit of the coverage in as well. We also have had Woodhead doing that. There is a problem with this whole h- back to help in between the hashes coverage thing...an outside receiver that can run would clear things out even better. It's like a sinus infection, you can use sudafed, but that really will just mask things - you need the anti-biotic to really clear things out. 

So don't worry about it, our tight ends and slot receiver have been doing just fine. And relax, you don't need to tell Belichick what formations he should be running or what fullbaks need to be brought in. LOL!

No.  Teams play zone and man and take down Brady's top hash area reads, which causes us to lose games.

Also, teams stunt with the LBs and Brady is bobbing up and down in the pocket waiting for Welker, maybe doubled in man to break open, etc.

Over and over and over.

Again, you have to be a Jets fan to be enjoying this kind of repeat insanity with a finesse shotgun base spread.

Yes teams play zone and man...your point? And teams stunt linebackers, yes...your point? Are you saying that when teams stunt linebackers it leaves more guys to double cover Welker? Who would that be? Ghosts? Aliens? Zombies coming out of the field turf? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a team sends a linebacker on a stunt blitz...are we not the best offense already in the NFL at beating the blitz? Aren't we already the best third down offense in football? Aren't teams scared to death to blitz Brady? So what are you talking about with these stunts? Stunt coverage? Kind of like having a guy in a zone, then having him run into another zone to stunt with his fellow linebacker? That it? Kind of like a double stunt man zone fake blitz...blitz?

I mean I can see the safeties being a problem between the hashes, but an outside threat would kill that...just kill it. A lot more than some fullback five yards away from the line of scrimmage where it's already congested.

Serious question here...do you agree with me? Serious. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

The 2003 Patriots won a Super Bowl with one of the worst rushing attacks in football, averaging just 3.4 YPA on the ground (30th out of 32 teams). The Giants were dead last rushing the football last year (3.47 YPA), but still won the Super Bowl

The Super Bowl champion 2003 Patriots posted the best Defensive Passer Rating in franchise history (56.2). This was the same team that picked off Peyton Manning four times in the AFC title game.

Why are we still discusssing this?  I thought these two statements from yesterdays thread  pretty much tell the story.  Anyone arguing it is well....I'll be nice..

Dear Corky,

The NYGs didn't have Jacobs and Bradshaw for the majority of 2011, hence why they ranked near the bottom of the league in rushing.

Once they got healthy in the postseason, they weren't a poor rushing team at all. In fact, they were quite good.

Contexts and facts are troll repellant.

You are the guy who looks up to the character Rusty and actually answers to it like its your name and you are calling me corky??  Ok buddy,  Back to football. With your 152 IQ, I would assume you know how to read. Soooo, between both of those bold statements, all you could come back with is that the Giants had a bad run game in 2011 reg. season?? NO mention of the actual team you root for?? I love how you just ignore and gloss over the facts that EXPOSE but let me say it again. the 2003 SB WINNING PATRIOTS were ranked 30th out of 32 in Rushing and STILL WON THE SB! The ONLY determining FACTOR in Winning SBs is DEFENSE! Something weve been lacking and why we havent won but you have been saying for 5 years now that if run more than 30 times we win! So STOP Dancing Around the statement and LET IT GO! YOU have been PROVEN WRONG for the Gazillionth TIME!

I dont recall the Giants run game hurting us but THEIR DEFENSE sure did.....LOL

What a FRAUD!

Sections
Shortcuts