It was said this past week, A QB's best friend is...

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

Re: It was said this past week, A QB's best friend is...

This has been fun reading, the arguments are cracking me up, very different philosophy on how best too win football games. I fall on the side of defenses wins championships and believe Brady can still win big.  Growing up I loved watching the big bruising running backs like rigging, Campbell and others and thought flacks like Rachman  and the moose helped but with the way the game is played now I am hoping we land a few legitimate deep threats.  I admit I do not spend the time analyzing the stats but do read the majority of stuff written on the boards and spend a lot of time discussing the game, give Brady a deep threat, land an enforcing type of safety and let the pats go all out. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to tg19pats's comment:

This has been fun reading, the arguments are cracking me up, very different philosophy on how best too win football games. I fall on the side of defenses wins championships and believe Brady can still win big.  Growing up I loved watching the big bruising running backs like rigging, Campbell and others and thought flacks like Rachman  and the moose helped but with the way the game is played now I am hoping we land a few legitimate deep threats.  I admit I do not spend the time analyzing the stats but do read the majority of stuff written on the boards and spend a lot of time discussing the game, give Brady a deep threat, land an enforcing type of safety and let the pats go all out. 

smart man!

And I understand why you dont post often the way this board has turned into a madhouse run by a madman. Hope u post more. You sound like you know football. I also want a real # 1 WR that can get deep and real intimidating Safety

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to tg19pats' comment:

Agree and to be fair and honest, those backs you mention will draw coverage in freeing up the down field threats. Truth is it's a whole entire team game...offense...defense, but the things is our offense is pretty good - an outside threat in my opinion would draw a safety out of the middle. If that's really that big of a concern for us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Look how simple this play is right here. I would trade a 5th rd pick right now for FB, Michael Robinson.

Balt knows it's coming, but it doesn't matter. Two WRs to the right, a TE and an I Formation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGZp6xP_59o

First down, sticks moved, clock rolling.

We would have gone lone setback, Brady in the shotgun, incomplete.

First off I hope that wasn't you sitting at home pointing to the TV with a pen, was it? Second, who's the runner on that play? Lynch? Enough said. Look fullback=good, but don't tell me that is what is missing from this team and Belichick doesn't know how to coach and design offensive game plans. And don't tell me Brady dictates what we do - or that Belichick lets him - because if you do it makes you (the guy that calls everyone a jet fan and a troll) the biggest troll on this board. It just does. Add a fullback? LMAO! Yeah, that will solve everything - it will probably make Chung realize what coverage is too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

How about his girlfreind?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

What's wrong with the running game? Over 2,100 yards, 7th in the NFL.

or for that matter the blind side tackle that someone else alluded to. The kid improved from the start of the year last year and is still improving... lot's of upside with Solder.

That someone else is a troll MORON. Solder was great. He's emerging into arguably the best LT in the AFC at this point.

Great year from him. It's Joe Thomas and Cleveland and Nate Solder in NE.

I didn't mean that as a criticism/judgement of Solder! I didn't even know it was a question specific to Brady and the Pats...i thought it was a general opinion question and I meant that a QB's "best friend"-any QB on any team-was a stud LT....that's all, nothing more

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

How about his girlfreind?

Thank you kpat!  Smokin!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

C'mon guys, haven't you figured it out yet?  Belichick doesn't realize that the shotgun offense is the root of all evil, he can't control his QB, and he can't pick offensive coordinators.  But all that doesn't matter one bit.  Belichick is still the absolutely greatest and smartest football mind ever (other than Rusty himself, of course)  because he doesn't overpay his players!  The Lombardi trophy is awarded every year for best salary cap management.  If you win at salary cap management, you win at everything. 

God, if only you were as smart as Rusty, you'd understand it all . . . but only Rusty is a genius transcendent enough to understand Bill Belichick's genius.  In fact, it's quite possible that Rusty is Bill Belichick. Let's face it, if you've been on this board for years, you know it's almost eerie how much everything Belichick does seems to be anticipated exactly by Rusty . . . When it comes to understanding Belichick's moves, Rusty is two, three, heck twenty steps ahead of everyone else.  At least that's what you have to conclude if you listen to Rusty when he talks about himself, which is always and endlessly, ad infinitum, ad nauseum . . .  

Please, please can we all just admit it once and for all and be done with it?  WE LOSE. RUSTY WINS.

LMAO. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Good running game. Good LT.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hmmm.. lot's of interesting points here with some typical bashing.  As my orginal post says..  a good running game and a good defense is a QBs best friend. 

This past season, the Pats did exhibit what appears to be an up and coming running game.  25 run TDs, leading the league, is a big sign since in the past when the Pats were near the goal line they'd still eschew the run to pass for a TD.  Unfortunately, there were many games in which the Pats didn't give the running game a chance.  As for the D, yes, it is a young D, but a shut down D when it counts was still lacking.  This has hurt the Pats in both SBs and totally failed in the second half against the Ravens.  Not saying the offense had a hand in that fiasco, though.  Hopefully, this season and for the next 2 or 3, the running game is back as a force to be reckoned with and the D will mature to the one we all believe will fill the trophy case with a few more Lombardi trophies before BB and TB are done as a coach/QB tandem. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

C'mon guys, haven't you figured it out yet?  Belichick doesn't realize that the shotgun offense is the root of all evil, he can't control his QB, and he can't pick offensive coordinators.  But all that doesn't matter one bit.  Belichick is still the absolutely greatest and smartest football mind ever (other than Rusty himself, of course)  because he doesn't overpay his players!  The Lombardi trophy is awarded every year for best salary cap management.  If you win at salary cap management, you win at everything. 

God, if only you were as smart as Rusty, you'd understand it all . . . but only Rusty is a genius transcendent enough to understand Bill Belichick's genius.  In fact, it's quite possible that Rusty is Bill Belichick. Let's face it, if you've been on this board for years, you know it's almost eerie how much everything Belichick does seems to be anticipated exactly by Rusty . . . When it comes to understanding Belichick's moves, Rusty is two, three, heck twenty steps ahead of everyone else.  At least that's what you have to conclude if you listen to Rusty when he talks about himself, which is always and endlessly, ad infinitum, ad nauseum . . .  

Please, please can we all just admit it once and for all and be done with it?  WE LOSE. RUSTY WINS.

LMAO. 

BRAVO! ENCORE ENOCORE!!

(stands and applauds)