It's 4th down, kick a field goal and win the game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

It's 4th down, kick a field goal and win the game

BB, enough of the 4th down heroics. Take the 3 points next time, and head back up the field. IDIOT.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Re: It's 4th down, kick a field goal and win the game

Ya, I have to say, even as a DIEHARD fan, I'm at the end of my rope with the 4th down calls. We get a FG there we win; try and spin it any way you want but, I believe, it is honestly that simple. BB has cost us more games this season, with bad decisions, than in all his previous seasons combined. I don't know what's up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I didn't think about this until after the game, but he's become the Mike Martz of 4th-and-short.

He'd rather lose trying to win his way than win and admit he has to adjust his perspective.

Statistics say that coaches should go for it anywhere past their own 34-yard line, but it ignores the human element (like other teams stepping up and being more motivated or crowd noise and a non-cohesive offensive unit or the Patriots' inability to step up to big situations this year).  Intangibles affect games, too, and sometimes bely stats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Should they be able to pick up one yard, yes. Should they have gone for it no way in hell. BB's making calls to try and protect the defense who's shown us time and again they can't play 60 minutes. He probably thought three wasn't enough at that time and his D would give up one more TD so let's go for the nine point lead.

This team has serious problems

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

I think it would have helped if we actually converted a 4th and 1. We made them every time on the QB sneak since BB took over. This is the first year that we're not making them when they count.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

In Response to Re: It's 4th down, kick a field goal and win the game:
    Should they be able to pick up one yard, yes. Should they have gone for it no way in hell. BB's making calls to try and protect the defense who's shown us time and again they can't play 60 minutes. He probably thought three wasn't enough at that time and his D would give up one more TD so let's go for the nine point lead. This team has serious problems
    Posted by Sam-Adams

It's not just the "decision" to go on 4th.  It's the play called.  On that 4th, we had Moss and Welker on the bench.  Not even a semblence of "maybe passing," rather we SCREAMED RUN!  Sans those to terrific receivers, Miami clogged the line of scrimmage and stopped us easily and quite frankly I think any team could have done the same, never mind one that has a preety good defense, one who knows our offensive tendencies well.  If you're going to go for it on 4th, how about calling a play that at least, if executed, actually gets you a 1st down.  In the Indy game, spot was close, but at the end of the day, if we toss it 3-5 yards instead of 2 or 3, and execute, there's no question.  We're our own worse enemies and I think our inability to execute on offense and especially defense begs the question - do we need new coordinators on both sides of the ball?  Also, I'm not overly impressed with our special teams coverage and return teams - we leave alot of yards on the field in those two categories - yards we can no longer afford to lose because our offense can make up for mistakes - because this year - our offense can't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

BB has been fallling in love with  going for it on 4th down  they should of  kicked the FG there but didnt. BB will try  and spin it off as soem statistical BS  as of y  he went for in during his pres conferance

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WatertownPaul. Show WatertownPaul's posts

BB is arrogant, self absorbed, and lost his prospective.  He should get a major fone for this one.  75 years of football history says you never take points off the board, and you always go for three if its fourth down and your close.  He has always thought he was smarter than God, we should have 5 Super Bowls, and at least two more wins this season.  I have had it with him!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: It's 4th down, kick a field goal and win the game:
    Ya, I have to say, even as a DIEHARD fan, I'm at the end of my rope with the 4th down calls. We get a FG there we win; try and spin it any way you want but, I believe, it is honestly that simple. BB has cost us more games this season, with bad decisions, than in all his previous seasons combined. I don't know what's up.
    Posted by jedinate

I agree with you.  If the Patriots don't make the playoffs, we can blame the coach for his bad decisions. 

Sections
Shortcuts