Its all about match ups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

Its all about match ups

Tebow will take pressure off Tom. Against top defenses with the game on the line, Tom has failed much more then he succeeded since his last super bowl win. With Tebow in the backfield on third and 5, defensive ends will not be able to just rush Brady, they will have to be aware of Tebow in the backfield. Quick pitch, option, run , fake pitch, it will allow Tom more time which will make him succeed since Tom can't scramble. 

Good move and Tebow will be a decoy this year. Maybe get some plays too keep defenses honest, but allows the trade of Mallet next year or release him and have a backup qb. Good move Pats. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Its all about match ups

Think the move has no downside.  The rest of your post?  Not so much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Its about matchups and Tom doen't fail very well against great defense. No mobility produces no superbowls. This isn't about the past but what Tom is physically capable now. He needs a decoy to give him more time. There is no downside, but we all know that. Hopefully it gives us a run and shoot option.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Finacially wise has no downside. The player himself there should be downside (though reports were that he was getting on peoples nerves with preaching in both Den and NY). The only downside is that CNN is reporting on this issue. Whether BB thinks he can control it or not the media that follows Tebow is heavy and unrelenting. BB is going to be bugged daily for on field footage, talking points, and updates. To me that causes a distraction regardless how they handle the circus the circus is still there which will cause issues.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Finacially wise has no downside. The player himself there should be downside (though reports were that he was getting on peoples nerves with preaching in both Den and NY). The only downside is that CNN is reporting on this issue. Whether BB thinks he can control it or not the media that follows Tebow is heavy and unrelenting. BB is going to be bugged daily for on field footage, talking points, and updates. To me that causes a distraction regardless how they handle the circus the circus is still there which will cause issues.

I agree to a certain point, hopefully BB will take care of the circus. The rest is rumor control. Josh drafted him, hopefully he knows something that we don't. I have to trust BB and JM on this. I really believe that in order for the Pats to win the superbowl, they need to get the pressure off. Its not just about WR or OL its the unreletting pass rush. Tom is great but since his surgery he slips ok but can't get positive yards on the ground when needed. Look 4th and 1, I want a option QB too get me that yard, not a drop back passer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to funinCA's comment:

Its about matchups and Tom doen't fail very well against great defense. No mobility produces no superbowls. This isn't about the past but what Tom is physically capable now. He needs a decoy to give him more time. There is no downside, but we all know that. Hopefully it gives us a run and shoot option.

You're right on that; Tom doesn't fail well because he's a winner.  He was virtually 2 plays away from having 5 Super Bowl rings.  Having no mobility had zilch to do with us losing in '07 and '11.

Tom has never had mobility so your argument makes zero sense.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

Tebow will take pressure off Tom. Against top defenses with the game on the line, Tom has failed much more then he succeeded since his last super bowl win. With Tebow in the backfield on third and 5, defensive ends will not be able to just rush Brady, they will have to be aware of Tebow in the backfield. Quick pitch, option, run , fake pitch, it will allow Tom more time which will make him succeed since Tom can't scramble. 

Good move and Tebow will be a decoy this year. Maybe get some plays too keep defenses honest, but allows the trade of Mallet next year or release him and have a backup qb. Good move Pats. 

This is about deception, not matchups.   I agree he won't be used as a QB. That's a smokescreen.  If he does make the team, he'll be a FB/HB type used in motion and will line up all over. At worst it's a decoy, but all they have to do is target him once as a runner or pass receiver and he may be enough to make the team in that kind of a role.

Blues Brothers!!!! Boy, you have outdone yourself now. Do you go back and watch the movies to get the names, or are they still fresh in your head from 20 years ago. Good one Rusty

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Its about matchups and Tom doen't fail very well against great defense.No mobility produces no superbowls. This isn't about the past but what Tom is physically capable now. He needs a decoy to give him more time. There is no downside, but we all know that. Hopefully it gives us a run and shoot option.

You're right on that; Tom doesn't failwell because he's a winner.  He was virtually 2 plays away from having 5 Super Bowl rings.  Having no mobility had zilch to do with us losing in '07 and '11.

This isn't about Tom. I like Tom, but we did lose the last two superbowls. Yes we could have one but we didn't. Tom was never a runner but what he could do was scramble and make a first down when pressured out of the pocket. He just side steps now. Yes we could have won the last two superbowls and maybe if we put up more points it would not have come down to one play, thats all i'm saying. Tom doesn't need you to defend him he has a moat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I agree to a certain point, hopefully BB will take care of the circus. The rest is rumor control. Josh drafted him, hopefully he knows something that we don't. I have to trust BB and JM on this. I really believe that in order for the Pats to win the superbowl, they need to get the pressure off. Its not just about WR or OL its the unreletting pass rush. Tom is great but since his surgery he slips ok but can't get positive yards on the ground when needed. Look 4th and 1, I want a option QB too get me that yard, not a drop back passer.

I want a RB to get me that yard and not take one of the best QB's off the field for one that can't throw a ball

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

This is about deception, not matchups.   I agree he won't be used as a QB. That's a smokescreen.  If he does make the team, he'll be a FB/HB type used in motion and will line up all over. At worst it's a decoy, but all they have to do is target him once as a runner or pass receiver and he may be enough to make the team in that kind of a role.

Blues Brothers!!!! Boy, you have outdone yourself now. Do you go back and watch the movies to get the names, or are they still fresh in your head from 20 years ago. Good one Rusty

Fresh in my head. I have a lot of things in my brain I can pull very quickly which is how I bludgeon you or trolls so quickly and easily before you can do your research. 

LMOA!!!, Now That was Funny! I just caught a visual of you in a one room shack with 5 computers going with the tin foil hat on while typing this......Wow.  Whats the limit on being banned??  Looking to break the record?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

But isn't that why they have Hern and Vereen? Put the question in people heads whether they are going to run the ball or pass it? I'd much rather have players who actually play the position in those situations than a gimmick QB type who is just trying to learn the role

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

Its about matchups and Tom doen't fail very well against great defense.No mobility produces no superbowls. This isn't about the past but what Tom is physically capable now. He needs a decoy to give him more time. There is no downside, but we all know that. Hopefully it gives us a run and shoot option.

You're right on that; Tom doesn't failwell because he's a winner.  He was virtually 2 plays away from having 5 Super Bowl rings.  Having no mobility had zilch to do with us losing in '07 and '11.

This isn't about Tom. I like Tom, but we did lose the last two superbowls. Yes we could have one but we didn't. Tom was never a runner but what he could do was scramble and make a first down when pressured out of the pocket. He just side steps now. Yes we could have won the last two superbowls and maybe if we put up more points it would not have come down to one play, thats all i'm saying. Tom doesn't need you to defend him he has a moat.

You're late to the party on pointing out why Brady blew SB 46 by not running 3 yards and sliding or throwing the ball away.  Ths move with Tebow has nothing to do with that. Brady ain't coming off the field. Ever.

Don't over think this. He'll be given a chance to make the team, but he may not. He's going to need to make it as a STs guy and someone who can execute as an H Back, whether it be catching a ball in the flat, blocking or running with it out of the backfield.

You might be right about Brady not coming off the field, but a quick pitch too Tebow with a option to throw keeps both of them on the field. I just want a superbowl win, and the 49ers  look tough with a great pass rush. Seahawks have great defensive backfield so a option qb/halfback will work. It keeps them both on the field with maybe getting 7 with the outcome. Look at the Colts game a few years ago, 4th and 1, short and under thown pass to Welker. I rather have a running option play for THAT situation. With the defense you never no if BB will do something like that again.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

You're late to the party on pointing out why Brady blew SB 46 by not running 3 yards and sliding or throwing the ball away.  Ths move with Tebow has nothing to do with that. Brady ain't coming off the field. Ever.

Don't over think this. He'll be given a chance to make the team, but he may not. He's going to need to make it as a STs guy and someone who can execute as an H Back, whether it be catching a ball in the flat, blocking or running with it out of the backfield.

You might be right about Brady not coming off the field, but a quick pitch too Tebow with a option to throw keeps both of them on the field. I just want a superbowl win, and the 49ers  look tough with a great pass rush. Seahawks have great defensive backfield so a option qb/halfback will work. It keeps them both on the field with maybe getting 7 with the outcome. Look at the Colts game a few years ago, 4th and 1, short and under thown pass to Welker. I rather have a running option play for THAT situation. With the defense you never no if BB will do something like that again.

I just want us to be able to not be morons on offense with a bad decision or a drop. Whatever gets us away from finesse offense and the inability to ice games we should be winning, I am in favor of.

Tebow may not make the team and this experiment may not work out, but it's worth a try. If Tebow isn't ready for the experiment, he won't make it.

I second that

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Fresh in my head. I have a lot of things in my brain I can pull very quickly which is how I bludgeon you or trolls so quickly and easily before you can do your research. 

LMOA!!!, Now That was Funny! I just caught a visual of you in a one room shack with 5 computers going with the tin foil hat on while typing this......Wow.  Whats the limit on being banned??  Looking to break the record?

Office.   Home office.  Condo. 

No records. No one can even state how or why I was banned. The day I get a good reason for that is the day people realize what a joke the moderating of this board is.  It's getting out of hand. Gunty and Phat Rex who stalk me here have gotten out of hand. The fact they still roam free here is a joke.

Hey, how much do you make dealing drugs every week?  Just curious.

I do ok. Im working on my dispensary as we speak. By the end of the summer, I will have made the necessary 50k for my annual fee. Should have the shop up by next February. Will have everything from O.G. Kush to Platinum Bubba Kush. Got some pretty good female strands doing good and working on a sweet and sour hybrid in which I will use super sour and sweeth tooth haze. Life is Good up here in N.E. , How is the sales business going? How many wolf tickets you hand out last week?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I am not sure Vereen is a red zone option in a normal situation. Tebow is actually a great red zone option.   Just saying.  He may not make the team, but he ups his odds if he can make it on STs.  ANd, he's not here to practice throwing an inaccurate, wobbly ball with new WRs on the roster either.

Expect 20 plays out of the gate for them to practice with him as an HB to see if it's worth it. If not, he's gone.

We've lost plenty of games in the postseason by kicking FGs or not scoring in the red zone.  Brady under Center with playaction off Tebow could open up those windows. I also don't want Hernandez as a FB out of the backfield. I cringed every time.

This I agree with. If he was any other player without the media circus following him I doubt we'd even give it a second thought. I think most of us just are overly frustrated with the whole circus and blind loyal Tebow fans that come with it. Honestly, if they were looking for a short yard red zone guy I'd bring in Leach today. To me most of their red zone issues came from weaker RB's not being able to fight for the extra yard in a pile and smaller WR's that were easily pushed out of the play. Now with Dobson, Jenkins (if he makes the team), and 3 massive bodied TE's (Gronk, Ballard, Sudfeld), Ridley gaining mass, along with Hern who can be moved around I don't see red zone as big of a problem this year. Hopefully this isn't another one of McDaniels guys they keep around just because they like him to waste a spot. I'd use this week to see if he has potential and if not cut the strings quickly.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Office.   Home office.  Condo. 

No records. No one can even state how or why I was banned. The day I get a good reason for that is the day people realize what a joke the moderating of this board is.  It's getting out of hand. Gunty and Phat Rex who stalk me here have gotten out of hand. The fact they still roam free here is a joke.

Hey, how much do you make dealing drugs every week?  Just curious.

I do ok. Im working on my dispensary as we speak. By the end of the summer, I will have made the necessary 50k for my annual fee. Should have the shop up by next February. Will have everything from O.G. Kush to Platinum Bubba Kush. Got some pretty good female strands doing good and working on a sweet and sour hybrid in which I will use super sour and sweeth tooth haze. Life is Good up here in N.E. , How is the sales business going? How many wolf tickets you hand out last week?

Excellent. Where is your shop going to be?  Strawberry Kush? Sour Diesel should be a mainstay.  That's my favorite.

My consulting work is going well, actually.  I am enjoying it.   It's not a commodity based career like yours is.   I'd have to move to Colorado or Washington to get into what your hobby is. lol

Im thinking of putting it in an isolated area in the south shore. I hear a lot of tokers round those parts. No more sales office? you consulting for BB now? I can see your stamp ALL over the offseason moves. Good thing about this business is there is no waste, no money lost. Anything that doesnt sell , I Smoke! 

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts