It's all about the Pass Rush!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

It's all about the Pass Rush!!!

I was just wondering if all those out there who were so high on our pass rush consisting of the Throw away TBC, Dead Wood, The invisible man AT and that guy from the Raiders are still excited and satisfied with there production to date?

If you watched last nights game you now know what it takes to win in the NFL.  A Freakin PASS RUSH!!!

The Patriots have two of the best receivers in the NFL yet they were rendered useless as Brady was consistently running for his life (deja Vu 2007 Super Bowl).  On the other hand Brees shreadded the Patriots weak backfield as his line gave him all day to survey the field.

1)  Anyone still think we don't need a top of the line Pass Rusher ala Peppers?

2)  What happened to the million$ made available when we traded Seymour?

3)  The Dynasty has officially ended.  Time to retool starting with the Coordinators.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Re: It's all about the Pass Rush!!!

Agreed! The Dynasty ended awhile ago.. Its just amazing how we've stayed competitive throughout the rebuilding years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Its about the pass rush yes. Seymore would have been hurt by now and not played. We have some high draft picks to adress the CB and OLB positions. Look at the piece meal O-line. we're down to our 3rd string left tackle. You can't expect your QB to have a lot of time in that situation. A Thomas has been non existent with the exception of getting torched on that one play. We should go to a 4-3 base and get more pressure in the back field or its going to be a tough road. I kind of feel like we're the Colts from a few years back, great O and hope the D keeps em under 30 points.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I have been saying this all year K-max. TBC is a situational player not an every down end. Time to open up the purse strings for a change this offseason. I will say that they tried with Thomas but it's time to cut the cord with him too for the amount of money he's making. I have to think BB see the forest for the trees at this point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to It's all about the Pass Rush!!!:
    I was just wondering if all those out there who were so high on our pass rush consisting of the Throw away TBC, Dead Wood, The invisible man AT and that guy from the Raiders are still excited and satisfied with there production to date? If you watched last nights game you now know what it takes to win in the NFL.  A Freakin PASS RUSH!!! The Patriots have two of the best receivers in the NFL yet they were rendered useless as Brady was consistently running for his life (deja Vu 2007 Super Bowl).  On the other hand Brees shreadded the Patriots weak backfield as his line gave him all day to survey the field. 1)  Anyone still think we don't need a top of the line Pass Rusher ala Peppers? 2)  What happened to the million$ made available when we traded Seymour? 3)  The Dynasty has officially ended.  Time to retool starting with the Coordinators.
    Posted by K-max
    NO! it's all about BRADy! BRADY! BRADY! some cant handle the truth so they "ban" the thread that blatantly state it so i will use your thread and others to say the same thing! We can blame the defense or belichick or the OL all we want. but the issue is BRADY! the defense made 2 key stops and both times he puked all over himself with TIME to throw as if he were kyle boller or something. those 2 interceptions were both on brady as were that overthrow to aiken. he had the time and space. brees had the accuracy and perfect throw precision over and over, mostly under duress or more so than brady had. brady simply could not cut it! that first interception decided the game. took out all the oxygen, momentum out of the pats. that drive after the punt should have left us with at least a FG maximizg pressure on brees and depleted secondary. everyone scores at least 17 on NO. even detroit scored 27. brady simply did not show up. was like the 07 super bowl and Denver game!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpull. Show bigpull's posts

I think Pats have enough talent on Defense to be good... Being creative on defense is missing... Pee's is "F"in horrible... Pat's have about same talent level as past Patriots team.... I remember seeing D-line fronts with only 2 down linemen, 7 linebackers blitzing from everywhere (UFO Defense), zone blitzing, Safties in and out box blitzing, dropping in coverage... Dont see any pre snap movement at all.... Mcgowen reminds me of Malloy, they dont use him like that... They need Romeo back like 911.... Belichick is being spreaded to thin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: It's all about the Pass Rush!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to It's all about the Pass Rush!!! : NO! it's all about BRADy! BRADY! BRADY!

Brady had a bad game.. Big deal. If we scored 37 yesterday they would have scored 42. Is your solution to trade Brady and keep the Defense?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Just wait see what BB does come draft day.  I have little doubt he will do exactly what he always does, which is to TRADE DOWN.  Belichick thinks he can find a bargain in the 6th round because he simply knows more abotu talent than any other NFL coach.  The 1st round pick will become a late 2nd and 3 rounder.  The 3 second round picks will be spun into a combination of a late 2010 picks or future considerations.  We will all be here next year complaining why the Patriots can not find a decent pass rusher, when some nameless 7th round Joe Schmoes toil on the swiss cheese defense. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: It's all about the Pass Rush!!! :
    In Response to It's all about the Pass Rush!!! : NO! it's all about BRADy! BRADY! BRADY! Brady had a bad game.. Big deal. If we scored 37 yesterday they would have scored 42. Is your solution to trade Brady and keep the Defense?
    Posted by ewhite1065

I agree that the defense is the biggest problem (we can't stop a good passing offense), but our offense wasn't able to sustain drives, which meant Brees had the ball in his hands too much and our bad defense had more time to be exposed. If the Pats could have sustained a few more drives, then the game would have been very different.  The biggest problem was the pressure the Saints were able to get on Brady without blitzing.  Our offensive line was struggling with not just four-man, but even with three-man, pass rushes.  This allowed the Saints to keep seven and even eight men in coverage all night while still getting great pressure on the QB.  Brady was forced to throw faster than he wanted and on the move--all while looking downfield at receivers who were double covered. If you can put pressure on the QB with three men rushing, you can drop eight into coverage. That's almost impossible for the QB. Brady seemed to get frustrated with the pressure and coverage--and often seemed just to be tossing the ball up in anger not keeping his wits about him.  I've never seen Brady look so frustrated as he did in the second half. Some of those throws seemed almost like they were made in desperation--or maybe exasperation.  I think BB should have called a lot more runs to take the pressure off Brady, especially once Brady started to crack under it. Maroney was running pretty well (except for the fumble).  We should have tried a drive or two that emphasized the run. Sure running takes time--but for a lot of the second half we were only two touchdowns down--we had plenty of time to run. But for some reason, we were playing like we were five touchdowns behind. It was as if the team had no faith in itself and didn't think it could win without desperate measures.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Is it the personnel or the style of defense? The Pats are read/react two gap responsibility defense. They need to change to the attack the QB style that alot of teams are using.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Is it the personnel or the style of defense? The Pats are read/react two gap responsibility defense. They need to change to the attack the QB style that alot of teams are using.
    Posted by harleyroadking103

I couldn't agree more. Look what it did for the Jets "D" this year. Being aggressive can cover up for weaknesses in your defense. You may give up a couple more big plays but it is preferable to the slow painful death of 80 yd 9 minute drives.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

The NFL is always evolving. Defenses now really have to get to the QB in under 2.5 seconds to disrupt the play. The good QBs today can shread a read and react defense....as we've seen. It's TIME TO RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!

I haven't heard that in along time

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: It's all about the Pass Rush!!! : I couldn't agree more. Look what it did for the Jets "D" this year. Being aggressive can cover up for weaknesses in your defense. You may give up a couple more big plays but it is preferable to the slow painful death of 80 yd 9 minute drives.
    Posted by ewhite1065

I think it's a mix of both, let's not forget that a similarly schemed D in the superbowl years was always in the top 5 in sacks.  You gotta look at the players, even if the rush opportunities are limited, they're simply not getting to the quarterback.  TBC is decent, Burgess has been a bust, and AT has been underwhelming for most of the year (im sick of waiting on Crable).  They need to go out and draft or sign a big time pass rushing OLB since im assuming that they wouldn't switch to a base 4-3 for a true rushing end.  This D will always be middle of the road until the pass rush starts to show up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

I think Pats have enough talent on Defense to be good... Being creative on defense is missing... Pee's is "F"in horrible... Pat's have about same talent level as past Patriots team.... I remember seeing D-line fronts with only 2 down linemen, 7 linebackers blitzing from everywhere (UFO Defense), zone blitzing, Safties in and out box blitzing, dropping in coverage... Dont see any pre snap movement at all.... Mcgowen reminds me of Malloy, they dont use him like that... They need Romeo back like 911.... Belichick is being spreaded to thin.
    Posted by bigpull

I disagree we don't have the talent. Burgess s4CKS,Wright is a backup,Guyton is a backup,Mayo isn't the player he was last year,Tully is not a every down player,Thomas is MIA in most games.Merriweather makes too many mistakes and can't tackle,Wilhite is the new Ellis Hobbs every week he gives up a score. Bodden is servicable and Mcgowen has been a pleasent addition.That leaves  only  Wilfork & Warren has your only STUDS! BB better stop moving down in the draft and start plucking top tier talent or our defense will remain ' IT IS WHAT IT IS" Bring back Weis & Romeo and get more creative.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

What Pass Rush?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

The NFL is always evolving. Defenses now really have to get to the QB in under 2.5 seconds to disrupt the play. The good QBs today can shread a read and react defense....as we've seen. It's TIME TO RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!! I haven't heard that in along time
    Posted by harleyroadking103

It's "shred"..not shread.
    You criticized someone for spelling "embarrassing" wrong in another post.

Sections
Shortcuts