It's already starting!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

It's already starting!

The hype over the game next Monday is already making me want to kill myself! And so far this year every game that is hyped up we have lost. The losses have been especially devastating because I buy into the hype.

The headline on almost every sports website is "Belichick says Saints are the best!!!" This is a non-stroy since Belichick says every team we play is great. Every single thing any player from either team says this week is going to be made into front page news.

I think I'm staying off the internet this week.

but Go Pats!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: It's already starting!

If the hype drives you nuts then dont listen to or buy into the hype its just that simple.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I never spent a penny on hype. From what I've heard hype is not what it's hyped to be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Hello..........McFly

It's the Fu*kin game of the year on a Monday night in November.  Can you say YAHTZEE for ESPN.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Thank you KPAX! Max! Whoever. At any rate, ESPN is the hype machine. And, low and behold, ESPN is carrying this game! I loathe that station, but they are the sports broadcasting superpower of the world. Fact is, the Saints are 10-0 for the first time ever, the Pats are 6-3, first in their division, looking better every week, and are the class of the NFL for this decade. make no mistake, this is a very big game.

Every NFL fan is looking forward to this game to see if A) the Saints really ARE this good or if, B) The rest of the NFL is going to start to worry because the Pats are BACK!

One of those 2 things will happen, NO will legitimize their season, and people will call them the class of the NFL and all will predict an Indy v NO Super Bowl. Or, the Pats will win, and elevate themselves right back to the pinnacle alongside the Colts, if maybe a half-step behind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to It's already starting!:
    [QUOTE]The hype over the game next Monday is already making me want to kill myself! And so far this year every game that is hyped up we have lost. The losses have been especially devastating because I buy into the hype. The headline on almost every sports website is "Belichick says Saints are the best!!!" This is a non-stroy since Belichick says every team we play is great. Every single thing any player from either team says this week is going to be made into front page news. I think I'm staying off the internet this week. but Go Pats!!
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]

I used to hate it but I quit watching..That was the best decision I ever made to increase my quality of life when it comes to sports. 2nd best. Quit listening to WEEI Big Show. I love this country

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

If TMZSPN creates a media storm over a game that will probably mean very little in terms of playoff seeding in the final analysis, and nobody watches it, does it make a sound?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

You gotta love the hype!!  For how long we were on the OTHER end of the highlight reels?  Now there is just a bit of overkill, but the Pats are the hunted, and we the fans are hated by most outside of these parts, and that just makes it all the more sweet IMNSHO.  F 'em all.  Can't wait!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from emiliosCA. Show emiliosCA's posts

hype aside. there's plenty to be excited about, at least i think so. we're getting a look at a potential sb team, the team gets an awesome chance to prove themselves - the defense can make a statement, our rb committee can play a big part in giving us consistent offensive attack through 4 quarters (morris/taylor, would love to see you take the field) - AND here's another chance at a road game.  otherwise the hype is empty, an afc team & a nfc team who aren't on the chopping block and not competing for conference seeding.

i'm going to be on the internet a lot this week, but i'm not reading any stories with a scope beyond monday night. this is exciting...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Hype? As in ESPN? Sorry I ignore the ignorant. If it weren't for them being out of sync I'd watch the game while listening to the radio

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Im not as excited as i was when NE played Indy...this one I feel good about.  With Indy I was nervous. 

NE needs to win not because the Colts are undefeated, but because Miami is on our heels....there is alot of football left and they cant make any mistakes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

What the Patriots REALLY NEED is to win their 4 remaining conference games and finish at 9-3 in the AFC, going 6-0 won't hurt either but going 5-1 i think it's still possible to get the 2nd bye.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yeah I'm sure ESPN will have the hype machine turned up to the max this week.  Since there is really no animosity between these two team they will try to twist everyones words and manufacture a controversy.

I see this as a football fans type of game, no soap opera BS just good fooball.  I am excited to see how the Pats stand against probably the best team in the NFL right now and I'm sure Saints fans see this game as thier toughest test and a chance to put Brees in the Brady/Manning conversation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Response to Re: It's already starting!:
    [QUOTE]Thank you KPAX! Max! Whoever. At any rate, ESPN is the hype machine. And, low and behold, ESPN is carrying this game! I loathe that station, but they are the sports broadcasting superpower of the world. Fact is, the Saints are 10-0 for the first time ever, the Pats are 6-3, first in their division, looking better every week, and are the class of the NFL for this decade. make no mistake, this is a very big game. Every NFL fan is looking forward to this game to see if A) the Saints really ARE this good or if, B) The rest of the NFL is going to start to worry because the Pats are BACK! One of those 2 things will happen, NO will legitimize their season, and people will call them the class of the NFL and all will predict an Indy v NO Super Bowl. Or, the Pats will win, and elevate themselves right back to the pinnacle alongside the Colts, if maybe a half-step behind.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Pats are actually 7-3, although 8-2 would have been better, but let's not open that can of worms.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I hate all the hype too!!!
    I wish for the old days when the games were blacked out in this area and everyone knew that the Pats were playing a game that no one cared about , like it used to be. I wish we could go back to being loveable losers who were never on the news unless something really wacky or embarrassing was going on.
    I remember seeing the Colts (another loveable loser team) win or lose to the Pats by a field goal and thinking, "hey, I should invite all 12 fans in my section out for beers after the game."
    Or when you'd call Foxboro stadium and ask what time the game started and they'd ask you, "what time can you get here?"

Yup, I hate the hype of these games too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

It's already starting!

Enjoy the Hype, soon enough there will be no hype to worry about and no football...we will be in the drought between seasons. Bring on the hype.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

hopefully the patriots can beat a good team on the road like the superbowl teams did.