It's BB

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: It's BB

I like what the defense has done as of late, but I'm skeptical. Defenses that have played like they have played (at times) this season always worry me...they can rear their ugly head at the most inoppurtune times. There were times this season that I honestly thought that if we were facing a blind quarterback with no arms...we'd still let him complete 60% of his passes.

Dennard and Talib have made a big difference...QB's no longer can spot the 20 yard holes that were there in our secondary...now the pass is more difficult to make. I'd like to see more pressure, but I think it's coming along. I wish we had one more deffensive lineman to take the pressure off Wilfork and open up things for Jones. 

So the question becomes...are we good enough to win in the playoffs against good offenses? Because we may see three of them this time around (opposed to last year where we only ran into one...and lost). Personally, like I said, I'm skeptical.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I love the addition of Talib and the development of Dennard, but I also noticed that we dropped the rush 3 concept. We usually rush at least 4 now and blitz much more often. Did anyone notice when the Skins rushed 3 last sunday, Romo had over 8 seconds to find Witten for a TD?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to Jets's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ROCK!! Is it required that you always repost before posting?

The guy has more posts then anybody in here and thay are always half a page  long and don't say anything useful!

The only reason BB is considered a good coach is because of Tom Brady. With Tom getting older and playing his way out of contention for the MVP is it time for old Tommy to hang em up?

You know that as soon as that happens BB is gone.I never liked Bb - I don't like cheaters but you people put him on a pedastal.

I guess by supporting BB you condone cheating in sports? Well most of you are sox fans and we all know what happened with the dirty bloods after the World Series a few years ago. The sox players rear ends were mistaken for pin cushions....disregard the last question regarding cheating and condoning cheating.

You answered it already

[/QUOTE]
    If you support A-Hole and the Now York Stankees you Support Cheating in Sports.  Find a new line loser!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like what the defense has done as of late, but I'm skeptical. Defenses that have played like they have played (at times) this season always worry me...they can rear their ugly head at the most inoppurtune times. There were times this season that I honestly thought that if we were facing a blind quarterback with no arms...we'd still let him complete 60% of his passes.

Dennard and Talib have made a big difference...QB's no longer can spot the 20 yard holes that were there in our secondary...now the pass is more difficult to make. I'd like to see more pressure, but I think it's coming along. I wish we had one more deffensive lineman to take the pressure off Wilfork and open up things for Jones. 

So the question becomes...are we good enough to win in the playoffs against good offenses? Because we may see three of them this time around (opposed to last year where we only ran into one...and lost). Personally, like I said, I'm skeptical.

[/QUOTE]

Since 2005, our shotgun base spread offense has Brady doing 19 TDs and 13 INTs, if you take away his best and worst games as outliers.

I am VERY skeptical of our offense.  Our OFFENSE.

Tell us how and why that TD/INT ratio from our star QB in that kind of an offense is beneficial for the team?

Thanks,

Educated Fans

[/QUOTE]
    Hey Educated Fan,

Since when has Tom Brady played Defense?  This is a positive thread about our defense so why throw TB under the bus with this BS?   Read the thread before rattling off your anti-Brady Crap PLEASE!  Go find a TB PM thread you can hyjack

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since 2005, our shotgun base spread offense has Brady doing 19 TDs and 13 INTs, if you take away his best and worst games as outliers.

I am VERY skeptical of our offense.  Our OFFENSE.

Tell us how and why that TD/INT ratio from our star QB in that kind of an offense is beneficial for the team?

Thanks,

Educated Fans

[/QUOTE]

Relax, it depends on what you're worried about. If you're worried about our offense having to put up thirty points with only 25 minutes of possession time, then yeah...you should be worried. However lets say hypothetically we only need to score say 17 points or so (you know playoff type of numbers) then we should be fine. If you're still nervous, I could watch a game with you and explain what is going on when we have the ball...and what is going on when we don't...I guarantee you'll change your mind over what to be worried about:)

Sincerly,

fans that don't have their heads up their colons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

what does this mean? since 2005, throwing out his injury year, TB has averaged 34 TD's and 10 int's per year. why would you say his best and worst games dont count?

I dont have the info at hand, but has any QB in the NFL been better since 2005? Even Peyton has been 31 TD's and 13 int's since 2005

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to Jets' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Geez 5 weeks ago everybody was blaming the pats defense for their woes and now everybody is having a circle jerk about the defense?

What about Brady-For him a subpar year but he always gets a pass?!he played himself right out of MVP consideration this year and you guys are counting on him and your weak at best defense??

Wishy washy does NOT a good fan base make!!

[/QUOTE]

A Jets fan coming on a Pats board to judge a winning team's fan base does NOT an intelligent person make!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

So I say This on another thread:

And without Talib and Dennard, Mayo has disappeared.  Why can't you admit it?  Brady executes better with a healthy GRONK in the Offense just like Mayo executes better when surrounded by better talent.  It's that F**king simple.  Just acknowledge that and we can move on from this silliness.

Then you say this:

[/QUOTE]

Did you just compare perimeter CBs to why Mayo isn't dominating with no gameplans from BB vs Jax (2-12) and Miami at home, where he rested half his starters?

Did you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you start a tread Posting someone stating how Talib has greatly enhanced the play of the Defense.

"According to ESPN Stats & Information's John Parolin: "Since the Talib addition, the Patriots have allowed opposing quarterbacks a 51.1 completion percentage, three touchdowns and five interceptions with at least five pass-rushers (73.6 completion percentage, four touchdowns and no interceptions in first nine games)."

In fact, the entire defense (that would include Mayo) has grown over the past six weeks, as only three teams have allowed fewer points per game in that time than the Patriots (17.7)."

Thanks for backing my point and admitting I was right. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to Jets' comment:
    [QUOTE]

ROCK!! Is it required that you always repost before posting?

The guy has more posts then anybody in here and thay are always half a page  long and don't say anything useful!

The only reason BB is considered a good coach is because of Tom Brady. With Tom getting older and playing his way out of contention for the MVP is it time for old Tommy to hang em up?

You know that as soon as that happens BB is gone.I never liked Bb - I don't like cheaters but you people put him on a pedastal.

I guess by supporting BB you condone cheating in sports? Well most of you are sox fans and we all know what happened with the dirty bloods after the World Series a few years ago. The sox players rear ends were mistaken for pin cushions....disregard the last question regarding cheating and condoning cheating.

You answered it already

[/QUOTE]

Well fool while BB is getting our team ready for the playoffs, the only preparation your team's coach is probably doing right now is kissing someone's toes in the Bahamas.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love the addition of Talib and the development of Dennard, but I also noticed that we dropped the rush 3 concept. We usually rush at least 4 now and blitz much more often. Did anyone notice when the Skins rushed 3 last sunday, Romo had over 8 seconds to find Witten for a TD?

[/QUOTE]

As zbellino has pointed out, when you get the secondary into a cohesive state you can blitz more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's not just Talib. It's the whole thing. It's Dennard too. It's how he's methodically paced this whole thing out to do it right.

I agree Talib's talents changed things even more, but it just shows how he's constantly tweaking things to improve them, offensively or defensively.

And yes, Arrington is very good in the slot. 

[/QUOTE]

Arrington is okay in the slot. 

[/QUOTE]

Arrington is excellent in the slot.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

dude, I told you that they would improve down the stretch, they do every single year under BB. The D will be a force in the playoffs.