It's Better without Adalius

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

It's Better without Adalius

Defense stepped up and played hard all 4 Q's.
    Burgess showed up nicely.

I honestly didn't give AD a passing thought except for good riddance.

Keep him on the bench... the D plays better without him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: It's Better without Adalius

2-0 without him.  10 pts allowed total.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I agree, I think the talent is there they just need to come together as a team.  Ridding themselves of Adalius is a perfect start.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Well he's obviously seen his last game in a Patriot uniform.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Adios Adalius

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I did just as much to help the Pats win as Adalius.  Can I have 10 million dollars.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

In Response to Re: It's Better without Adalius:
    [QUOTE]I did just as much to help the Pats win as Adalius.  Can I have 10 million dollars.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Funny... I'll split it with you!

I posted else where that AD, Seymour (Peppers?) played hard for the money and as soon as they got it, they want to coast....
    Even Moss... he got his records in 2007 and thinks this years is a waste, so he also doesn't fell that it necessary to show up.

This team needs to get rid of big pay day guys and keep guys who have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove.

The defense played hungry because now they KNOW that nobody is a star on NE... you don't show up you get benched.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Personally, I prefer to see Tully and Junior in the lineup than George Jetson.  No kindergarteners allowed!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

[QUOTE]Personally, I prefer to see Tully and Junior in the lineup than George Jetson.  No kindergarteners allowed!
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

George Jetson.... love it... perfect.

One more thought.... Kudos to BB for not being afraid to bench him.  AD was his big FA aquisition and benching him makes BB look bad... but he doesn't care...
    Do what's best for the team.

Bet you anything that if BB plays him again, he'll play real hard to set himself up for the next contract...

But as you guys said, I think this is the last time we'll see him...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The only way I see AD back on the field is if he comes out with a statement like Burgess. Where it is clear that he understands his responsibility to the team and that it is up to him to do better.

That being said, I agree that we likely won't see him because he likely won't say that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The D seems to play like a "team" without him.  A negative guy like Adios was probably undermining BB all along.  He was a cancer and he very well might have negatively effected others too.

I'm still having fun guys. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonreadercomments. Show bostonreadercomments's posts

To be fair,the Pats were palying a 5-8 Panthers team without Delhomme, the defense, with or without Thomas, is still suspect. But you also wonder why Baltimore was not so gungho in trying to retain him when Thomas was up for free agency.  You cannot just say that other teams are just fools and did not recognize the ability of someone like Moss, Welker or Vrable. Did BB and the Pats overestimate his positives and underestimate his negatives?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to It's Better without Adalius:
    [QUOTE]Defense stepped up and played hard all 4 Q's. Burgess showed up nicely. I honestly didn't give AD a passing thought except for good riddance. Keep him on the bench... the D plays better without him
    Posted by LifeTimePat[/QUOTE] Your kidding right?we are talking about a lousy panthers team,with a no name QB in,and they still diced up our defense stat wise.AD thomas isnt gonna have a effect either way for the defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Didn't see the game ... was Adios on the sideline?  Is he still coming to practices, or have they banished him from the stadium?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

[QUOTE]To be fair,the Pats were palying a 5-8 Panthers team without Delhomme, the defense, with or without Thomas, is still suspect. But you also wonder why Baltimore was not so gungho in trying to retain him when Thomas was up for free agency.  You cannot just say that other teams are just fools and did not recognize the ability of someone like Moss, Welker or Vrable. Did BB and the Pats overestimate his positives and underestimate his negatives?
    Posted by bostonreadercomments[/QUOTE]

.....also, to be fair, you have seen Delhomme play this year right?  He's leading the universe in interceptions and has looked awful all year.....Moore is an improvement.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Better without Adalius : .....also, to be fair, you have seen Delhomme play this year right?  He's leading the universe in interceptions and has looked awful all year.....Moore is an improvement.
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE] ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Better without Adalius : .....also, to be fair, you have seen Delhomme play this year right?  He's leading the universe in interceptions and has looked awful all year.....Moore is an improvement.
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

I do have to agree somewhat with that comment.  With Moore in there they seemed to take better care of the ball, Delhomme has become too careless lately and turned it over a million times and taken too many chances.  They didn't allow Moore to take those chances, so he had a much more solid game than Jake would have I think. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

ESPN's AFC East Blogger pretty much concludes that he is done.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

We can just mark it up as the J.D. Drew of the Patriots -- but with a far worse attitude and locker room presence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

It's not like the absence of Adios Thomas left a gaping hole in defensive production.  Dude is ranked 347th in the NFL in tackles with 28.  

Burgess seems to have responded.  

Better off without Thomas?  Yep.  The defense will continue to have growing pains as it matures with or without Thomas but it has to start with putting 11 men on defense who can count on each other and play hard for each other.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to It's Better without Adalius : Your kidding right?we are talking about a lousy panthers team,with a no name QB in,and they still diced up our defense stat wise.AD thomas isnt gonna have a effect either way for the defense.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

No I'm not kidding.  What I saw is high energy and a cohesive effort for 4 quarters.  a better showing than before.

You cut out the cancer and scare the youngsters into thinking no one is safe, especially the big name $30 mil guys and you get focus....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Burgess' only sack was when the QB ran into his arms.

Burgess is NEVER getting by a tackle on his own.  He just isn't good enough.

I'm happy that they're ridding themselves of a problem, but Burgess isn't the answer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Agree that Burgess is not the answer.... better effort today but he won't scare anyone.

Also, the answer is not Peppers or another high dollar FA.  The answer is a first rounder, playing under a rookie contract, who has a lot to prove to get PAID...

So this season is all about the current crew overachieving and playing their hearts out with minimal mistakes (the Patriot Way?) then look forward to the draft to pick up a stud DE and a stud OLB

Sections
Shortcuts