Its Brady's Fault vs. Our GM Sucks.... this is the board.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimbob500. Show jimbob500's posts

Its Brady's Fault vs. Our GM Sucks.... this is the board.

jeeeezzzzz....

two sides on this board.

1. its brady's fault, his ego is too big and we throw too much (even though we are down and our D can't even touch Manning)

2. Belichick is a mediocre GM. too many misses and risks. dead money.. (even though we have 13 straight winning seasons)

and this is where we all stand. the two sides of our board

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oddlyenough. Show oddlyenough's posts

Re: Its Brady's Fault vs. Our GM Sucks.... this is the board.

I'd say that there's a third side.  Brady is excellent, although not as good as he was 3 years or so ago.  And BB does a great job.  The Pats have had so much success that assigning blame for not having more strikes me as rediculous.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Smart fans know that it's not all the o or all the d.  It's both that needs work.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimbob500. Show jimbob500's posts

^LMAO @ U  13 straight winning seasons, 8 AFCCG, 5 Super Bowls is now considered Mediocre? IF SOOO what are the Jets?

oh wait they are GARBAGE

oh chit the garbage trucks are here, I would go pull out Kellen Winslow but I dont wanna get any semen or lube on myself....

I also wouldnt wanna pick up anything from your team, you know... loseritis... its a rare STD contracted the moment you sign a contract with them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

yup, been this way forever

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Well let's just look at the facts:  Wes Welker was replaced by an injury prone Danny Amendola that wasn't half as talented.  The GM decided to give Brady rookie WR's one an undrafted FA and the others were drafted in the 2nd rd and 4th, but because of injury issues they had to turn to scrap head players nobody wanted like Collie. 

On the defensive side of the ball, he addressed Safety issues with a guy that never saw the field once, Adrian Wilson.

The facts are quite clear that the GM sucks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Smart fans know that it's not all the o or all the d.  It's both that needs work.

[/QUOTE]

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well let's just look at the facts:  Wes Welker was replaced by an injury prone Danny Amendola that wasn't half as talented.  The GM decided to give Brady rookie WR's one an undrafted FA and the others were drafted in the 2nd rd and 4th, but because of injury issues they had to turn to scrap head players nobody wanted like Collie. 

On the defensive side of the ball, he addressed Safety issues with a guy that never saw the field once, Adrian Wilson.

[/QUOTE]

You left out Edelman, who more than did WW job

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

There are other sides jimbob.  One side understand that they've seen a decade-long period of winning football, near constant playoff participants, 8 AFC championship games, 5 wins and trips to the big one - and three wins.  This side also understands that no team has even come close to what we've achieved.  This side understand that this won't last forever - that at some point in the next few years, we'll go back to being ordinary - we'll go back to going to the playoffs only every few years - we'll go back to being a first or second round punching bag - we'll go back to the days that IF we make it to a SB, we may get trounced.  And when we go back to those days - I for one am going to fondly remember the decade-long period of sustained excellence - a period no team has ever achieved in the modern era (for the sake of argument, let's say from 1960) and particularly in the salary-cap era.

Next year, barring an injury to Brady, we'll be in the playoff hunt.  And we may lose in the first round.  If as a fan, you're definition of success only includes a SB victory, then all but one fan base will be happy.  If as a fan you're just hoping for a competitive team that will "challenge" for a playoff spot - your expectations are more closely based in the real world.

No - I'm not an apologist for BB, or a ball-washer for TB, or a "Kraft is God" kind of guy.  I proud of what this team did this year and I don't want to toss the whole thing down the drain because for one day in January we got beat by a better team on that day.

I swear, some Pats fans act so spoiled, so "entitled."  I recommend those fans get a life.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edelman is a nice player, but if that is going to be the best WR for the Pats, then forget winning a championship.  I also give much credit to BRady for his success.  He wouldn't look that good on another team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And if anyone in the Pats org thought Edelman was going to do what he did this year they should be fired for not signing him immediately, letting him talk to the Giants, and for only signing him to a single year when his price tag was so low. Now he guaranteed himself an Amendola type deal and they are either going to lose him or pay up to keep him because everyone saw that coming. Btw, if they signed Welker instead of Amendola what would have prevented them from getting Edelman exactly? Looks like they wanted him back as a PR anyways but at the right price of course. Personally Welker/Edelman seemed like the better pair than Amendola/Edelman.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In my business we have a saying....there are no bad employees....only bad managers...

The managers are responsible for the staff.

I see nothing wrong with BB being compared as a Coach and as a GM. They are different.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jimbob500's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^LMAO @ U  13 straight winning seasons, 8 AFCCG, 5 Super Bowls is now considered Mediocre? IF SOOO what are the Jets?

oh wait they are GARBAGE

oh chit the garbage trucks are here, I would go pull out Kellen Winslow but I dont wanna get any semen or lube on myself....

I also wouldnt wanna pick up anything from your team, you know... loseritis... its a rare STD contracted the moment you sign a contract with them.

[/QUOTE]

which ever side of the fence you fall as to "why"...what is the reason to bring the Jets into the mix?

This board seems to be runnig today 80-20 that the fault lies with BB...and on most other days the fault lies 50-50 with BB...bringing the Jets into the conversation is meaningless

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

which ever side of the fence you fall as to "why"...what is the reason to bring the Jets into the mix?

This board seems to be runnig today 80-20 that the fault lies with BB...and on most other days the fault lies 50-50 with BB...bringing the Jets into the conversation is meaningless

You realize he was responding to a Jets troll right? 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Karp, Leon jumped in on this thread. I think his flip out was for him

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The trolls usually come from places where their team wasn't 1 and 1 in the playoffs this year.

Wilfork got his 40 million dollar deal.  He went down.  Gronk went down.  Hernandez's loss wasn't expected a year ago, at least not by the fans.  The Patriots only got one top 15 pick in the past 10 years or so, Mayo, by trade, and he went down.  Pretty much everyone not named Brady was injured on this team at one point or another.  Talib was blindsided last Sunday, which made Peyton Manning's job far easier.  If you want to assign blame, consider firing the trainer. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You realize he was responding to a Jets troll right? 

[/QUOTE]

yes, but as I said, meaningless. why even bother. I have the worst Brady troll on ignore now and it is much more enjoyable interacting with the board...again, why bother?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

yes, but as I said, meaningless. why even bother. I have the worst Brady troll on ignore now and it is much more enjoyable interacting with the board...again, why bother?

I don't bother responding to Leon either, but if I were going to it doesn't seem irrelevant to bring up the Jets.  All I'm saying.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And if anyone in the Pats org thought Edelman was going to do what he did this year they should be fired for not signing him immediately, letting him talk to the Giants, and for only signing him to a single year when his price tag was so low. Now he guaranteed himself an Amendola type deal and they are either going to lose him or pay up to keep him because everyone saw that coming. Btw, if they signed Welker instead of Amendola what would have prevented them from getting Edelman exactly? Looks like they wanted him back as a PR anyways but at the right price of course. Personally Welker/Edelman seemed like the better pair than Amendola/Edelman.

[/QUOTE]

I think there were people who thought Edelman could pick up some of WW reps with good slot play.  Health was the issue, however I agree he outperformed expectations.

You hear a lot of "just bring this guy in" and "why not just sign this guy".  It takes an agreement between two parties to get a contract done.  I think people make this out to be an easy process, Brian Waters comes to mind.

a lot of people are still upset about WW leaving, but honestly, look at him. 3 years ago he would have caught 12-15 balls in that game. His best days are behind him.  Amendola may have been a reach but he will play longer and hopefully gel with Brady.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Except none of this is true and you are an idiot.

The plan was Gronk #1 weapon.  Hernandez #2 weapon.  Amendola and Edelman slot guys as #3 and #4.  Vereen & Ridley out of the backfield.  And let's see if any of these 3 rookie WRs do something to earn #5.

Only a complete idiot would be against that original plan - because that is a BETTER offense than Denver's.  Had the original plan been enacted the Patriots would have gone 15 - 1 and would be playing in the SB.

The problem is Hernandez got arrested, Gronk got hurt, Amendola tore his groin, Vereen broke his hand, and all 3 WRs were repeatedly hurt so they didn't progress at all.

The plan was not Austin Collie.  The plan was not "scrap heap"  - that is just foolish lies that you are making up.

There was a great plan.  then life happens, reality happens, and you react the best you can.  Desite devastation to the original plan, BB and TB got a very untalented group to the AFCCG.

Stop the bawling.

I notice that no one is crying that we didn't have a run stopping 350 lb nose tackle after Wilfork got hurt.  Because it would be stupid to cry over that.  How could they acquire another 350lb all pro Nose Tackle mid season?  They couldn't - so they made do, the best they could.

Why do you idiots think that they could replace All pro 23 year old TEs that can't be covered?  Why do you think that? 

Because you are idiots.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or to be healthy for once.  Every time this team turns around, they just can't catch a break in that area.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it just shows you how hard it is to win a SB. Everything has to go right. But, it seems a lot of people think if you have Tom Brady you should win every year. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Except none of this is true and you are an idiot.

The plan was Gronk #1 weapon.  Hernandez #2 weapon.  Amendola and Edelman slot guys as #3 and #4.  Vereen & Ridley out of the backfield.  And let's see if any of these 3 rookie WRs do something to earn #5.

Only a complete idiot would be against that original plan - because that is a BETTER offense than Denver's.  Had the original plan been enacted the Patriots would have gone 15 - 1 and would be playing in the SB.

The problem is Hernandez got arrested, Gronk got hurt, Amendola tore his groin, Vereen broke his hand, and all 3 WRs were repeatedly hurt so they didn't progress at all.

The plan was not Austin Collie.  The plan was not "scrap heap"  - that is just foolish lies that you are making up.

There was a great plan.  then life happens, reality happens, and you react the best you can.  Desite devastation to the original plan, BB and TB got a very untalented group to the AFCCG.

Stop the bawling.

I notice that no one is crying that we didn't have a run stopping 350 lb nose tackle after Wilfork got hurt.  Because it would be stupid to cry over that.  How could they acquire another 350lb all pro Nose Tackle mid season?  They couldn't - so they made do, the best they could.

Why do you idiots think that they could replace All pro 23 year old TEs that can't be covered?  Why do you think that? 

Because you are idiots.

LMAO.

Sections
Shortcuts