Its Brady's Fault vs. Our GM Sucks.... this is the board.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Its Brady's Fault vs. Our GM Sucks.... this is the board.

We just witnessed another great season, all things considered. Thank you Belichick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well let's just look at the facts:  Wes Welker was replaced by an injury prone Danny Amendola that wasn't half as talented.  The GM decided to give Brady rookie WR's one an undrafted FA and the others were drafted in the 2nd rd and 4th, but because of injury issues they had to turn to scrap head players nobody wanted like Collie. 

On the defensive side of the ball, he addressed Safety issues with a guy that never saw the field once, Adrian Wilson.

The facts are quite clear that the GM sucks.

[/QUOTE]

Except none of this is true and you are an idiot.

The plan was Gronk #1 weapon.  Hernandez #2 weapon.  Amendola and Edelman slot guys as #3 and #4.  Vereen & Ridley out of the backfield.  And let's see if any of these 3 rookie WRs do something to earn #5.

Only a complete idiot would be against that original plan - because that is a BETTER offense than Denver's.  Had the original plan been enacted the Patriots would have gone 15 - 1 and would be playing in the SB.

The problem is Hernandez got arrested, Gronk got hurt, Amendola tore his groin, Vereen broke his hand, and all 3 WRs were repeatedly hurt so they didn't progress at all.

The plan was not Austin Collie.  The plan was not "scrap heap"  - that is just foolish lies that you are making up.

There was a great plan.  then life happens, reality happens, and you react the best you can.  Desite devastation to the original plan, BB and TB got a very untalented group to the AFCCG.

Stop the bawling.

I notice that no one is crying that we didn't have a run stopping 350 lb nose tackle after Wilfork got hurt.  Because it would be stupid to cry over that.  How could they acquire another 350lb all pro Nose Tackle mid season?  They couldn't - so they made do, the best they could.

Why do you idiots think that they could replace All pro 23 year old TEs that can't be covered?  Why do you think that? 

Because you are idiots.

[/QUOTE]

If you think this group of WR's for the Pats are enough for Brady to win a championship, then your an idiot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well let's just look at the facts:  Wes Welker was replaced by an injury prone Danny Amendola that wasn't half as talented.  The GM decided to give Brady rookie WR's one an undrafted FA and the others were drafted in the 2nd rd and 4th, but because of injury issues they had to turn to scrap head players nobody wanted like Collie. 

On the defensive side of the ball, he addressed Safety issues with a guy that never saw the field once, Adrian Wilson.

[/QUOTE]

The plan was Gronk #1 weapon.  Hernandez #2 weapon.  Amendola and Edelman slot guys as #3 and #4.  Vereen & Ridley out of the backfield.  And let's see if any of these 3 rookie WRs do something to earn #5.

Only a complete idiot would be against that original plan - because that is a BETTER offense than Denver's.  Had the original plan been enacted the Patriots would have gone 15 - 1 and would be playing in the SB.

The problem is Hernandez got arrested, Gronk got hurt, Amendola tore his groin, Vereen broke his hand, and all 3 WRs were repeatedly hurt so they didn't progress at all.

The plan was not Austin Collie.  The plan was not "scrap heap"  - that is just foolish lies that you are making up.

There was a great plan.  then life happens, reality happens, and you react the best you can.  Desite devastation to the original plan, BB and TB got a very untalented group to the AFCCG.

Stop the bawling.

I notice that no one is crying that we didn't have a run stopping 350 lb nose tackle after Wilfork got hurt.  Because it would be stupid to cry over that.  How could they acquire another 350lb all pro Nose Tackle mid season?  They couldn't - so they made do, the best they could.

Why do you idiots think that they could replace All pro 23 year old TEs that can't be covered?  Why do you think that? 

Because you are idiots.

[/QUOTE]

If you think this group of WR's for the Pats are enough for Brady to win a championship, then your an idiot.

[/QUOTE]

Arguing against things I never said?

tell me - Do the nurses take off your restraints so you can post or have you learned to type with your feet?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well lets see, Brady overthrew a wide open Edelman and a open Collie.

Bill Belichick the GM brought in...

Jonathan Fanene, Albert Heynesworth, Trevor Scott, Shaun Ellis, Ron Brace, Tommy Kelly, Mike Wright, Myron Pryor, Tully Banta Cain, Adalius Thomas, Burgess.

Gaffney, Stallworth, Gonzalez, Torry Holt, Joey Galloway, Price, Jenkins, Brandon Tate, Ocho Cinco.

Schiancoe, Fells, Hernandez

Leigh Bodden, Delta O'Neil, Shawn Sprins, McGowan, Adrian Wilson, Rasi Dowling, Whilite, Butler, Steven Gregory, Jon Lynch, Tavon Wilson, Wheatley, Merriweather.

Fred Taylor, Joseph Addai, Laurance Maroney, Robert Gallery...and so many many more!!

I'd say it's so close I'll have to sleep on it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jonathan Fanene, Albert Heynesworth, Trevor Scott, Shaun Ellis, Ron Brace, Tommy Kelly, Mike Wright, Myron Pryor, Tully Banta Cain, Adalius Thomas, Burgess.

Gaffney, Stallworth, Gonzalez, Torry Holt, Joey Galloway, Price, Jenkins, Brandon Tate, Ocho Cinco.

Leigh Bodden, Delta O'Neil, Shawn Sprins, McGowan, Adrian Wilson, Rasi Dowling, Whilite, Butler, Steven Gregory, Jon Lynch, Tavon Wilson, Wheatley, Merriweather.

Fred Taylor, Joseph Addai, Laurance Maroney, Robert Gallery...and so many many more!!

[/QUOTE]

I could list another 100 guys that helped us get to the best record in football for the last 13 years, but whats the point? 

I mean who mentions guys who were brought in for a tryout and didn't make the team and as what exactly? A failure? Such a dim point of view.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We just witnessed another great season, all things considered. Thank you Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

^

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could list another 100 guys that helped us get to the best record in football for the last 13 years, but whats the point? 

I mean who mentions guys who were brought in for a tryout and didn't make the team and as what exactly? A failure? Such a dim point of view.

[/QUOTE]

The truth is truechamp over the last five years you couldn't, so you're wrong. And by the way none of those guys were here for "tryouts", all those guys were signed. Learn the game and stop thinking everything we do is solid gold...it gets embarrassing after a while.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After 11 years the pats fall into the category of Mediocure at best.

[/QUOTE]

If 3 consecutive AFC Championship Games is mediocre then what are the other 15 teams? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The truth is truechamp over the last five years you couldn't, so you're wrong. And by the way none of those guys were here for "tryouts", all those guys were signed. Learn the game and stop thinking everything we do is solid gold...it gets embarrassing after a while.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. I'll "learn the game", maybe I could read a sports magazine,  or something. They could explain to me how BB's team building philosophy that has lead to more wins, more SB championships, more appearances then any team in the league is actually bad because he brings lots of guys in to evaluate. Maybe, I can then take a cyanide pill with my schlitz so I can forget the horror that is the N.E Patriots you f ing tool.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stop the bawling.

Because you are idiots.

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, a breath of fresh air. Breathe it in people, let it marinate. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

How on earth did this team get to yet another AFC Championship game without having some quality depth? 

Depth built by the GM.  

What other team out there could have posted a 12-4 record with the injuries this team had and no depth?

I just don't understand why that's so difficult to see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. I'll "learn the game", maybe I could read a sports magazine,  or something. They could explain to me how BB's team building philosophy that has lead to more wins, more SB championships, more appearances then any team in the league is actually bad because he brings lots of guys in to evaluate. Maybe, I can then take a cyanide pill with my schlitz so I can forget the horror that is the N.E Patriots you f ing tool.

[/QUOTE]

Step one, take the cheer leading outfit off...realize Kraft doesn't need to have his girls twirl you around like a baton. Step two, come off the toilet and realize its ok for you to go a day without trying to crap out gigantic pink patriot helmets.

We haven't won anything in ten years - I don't know if you've noticed, but that's a long time - if you want to pretend that is A OK, why don't you go to Walmart and grab a hold of a Patriot sweatshirt and just cry? Just cry like some dope who watches football once a year, waits for someone in the room to tell him when to cheer and when do go boo! Because that's the way you act. Oh we won the AFC east! Yay! We won a playoff game! Yay!! We won the AFC east! Yay! We won a playoff game! Yay!....over and over for ten years. So what if there are 50 guys we brought in over the last five years that have done nothing but suck, right? Yay!! Everyone is just so spoiled!! Yay! Look at me mom, I'm the newest Patriot cheer leader! The girls are going to throw me up in the air! Yay!

Grow up. Belichick isn't reading any of this, he's not getting all sad and offended. Kraft isn't either. I want to see the patriots win another Super Bowl while Brady is here - that won't happen if they keep signing and drafting the way they have over the last five years - you just want to wear a pink patriot hat and clap at parties. Yaaaaay!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

we havent won a title in ten years with the so-called GOAT HC/GM/QB.

that's frustrating. very. blame who you want but my obsession with this team becomes worse each year as all i want is ONE more ring. once that happens my expectations will drop. alot.

i just want one more rng outta these two

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

None of the talking heads gets at the real reason.  When Polian and the competition Committee bastardized defensive holding it muted the defense.  It's just a gift to the offense, in particular Manning and the Indy offense.  It was nothing shy of legal cheating.  It vastly favored the high power offense.  Ironically few of them won and even more ironic the Pats built one in 2007. 

The stated reasons for the rule "emphasis" was because of the supposed DH by the Pats in the 2004 AFCCG.  This was bogus since Indy also committed DH and PIs in that game which were also not called also including 2 obvious nonPI calls on Pats recievers in the end zone.  Ever wonder why NFL newtork never replays that game yet the announcers frequently refer to it?  It's bogus.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stop the bawling.

Because you are idiots.

[/QUOTE]

This is mostly right.  I think, however, the hope was that Dobson (or one of the rookies) would be more the second receiver, replacing the outside receiver (Lloyd, Branch, Moss) we've had in the offense the past few years.  I don't think BB was expecting to run a two-TE, two slot offense regularly.    I think you can criticize BB for not doing a better job addressing the outside receiver position over the past few years.  We've had too many stop gaps there.  And while the two-TE offense with Gronk and Hern was very effective, the rest of the receiving group was not that good.  I think the offense could withstand the loss of Hern, but the loss of Gronk has proven problematic for several seasons now, and it has gotten clear that Gronk is injury prone.  So while the "plan" was a good one barring injuries, I don't think the depth was really there for the plan to survive a loss to Gronk.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How on earth did this team get to yet another AFC Championship game without having some quality depth? 

Depth built by the GM.  

What other team out there could have posted a 12-4 record with the injuries this team had and no depth?

I just don't understand why that's so difficult to see.

[/QUOTE]

Brady.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigMustache. Show BigMustache's posts

In response to jimbob500's comment:
    [QUOTE]

jeeeezzzzz....

two sides on this board.

1. its brady's fault, his ego is too big and we throw too much (even though we are down and our D can't even touch Manning)

2. Belichick is a mediocre GM. too many misses and risks. dead money.. (even though we have 13 straight winning seasons)

and this is where we all stand. the two sides of our board

[/QUOTE]

BUSTCHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey mega NY Jets Troll Tool.....how's KELLEN WINSLOW DOING TONIGHT....TEACHING HIM HOW TO NAIL THE NEIGHBOR'S KITTIES?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

When the 2 1st ballot HOF'ers are no longer part of this orginization the realiztion will set in for both the BB & TB camps how lucky we were as fans to have had both  at the same time. I am dissapointed we haven't won another SB or 2 but the way the NFL is set up to promote parity it is extremely difficult for any team to win. On top of being mentally tough, extremely talented the winning team usually needs a couple of lucky breaks along the way.

When the 2 all time greats are gone i don't look forward to  sitting in the stands again going through the early 90's type teams of Rod Rust and Dick MacPhereson.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I don't see this board as those particular sides at all....
    Here are the two sides that separate most on this board.....

1.) There are a group of miserable fans that see no good ever. If we win, they find fault with that game. If we only win by 3 in a late 4th quarter come back, they are complaining. They b1tch & moan about every draft pick if they aren't a pro-bowler after year one, and want them cut immediately. The last 10 years of their life has been miserable because we haven't been able to get that 4th ring. Not sure this crowd actually has the ability to be happy with this team...ever.

2.) Group two is a little more laid back, and understands the game more thoroughly. They understand that superbowls are incredibly hard to win....let alone playoff games. They understand that all teams have weaknesses (even ours). They understand what BB has accomplished in the last 13 seasons has been MATCHED BY NOBODY. They understand this is a team game, and no one person could possible be the blame for any loss, as there is always another play that could have happened. They are grown up, and don't stomp their whiney little feet when things don't go right, and understand that what we have here in New England is perhaps the greatest 13 year run in NFL history. It's not even close, as no team can match it.

So if enjoying the last 13 season makes me a #2 person....I'm okay with that. Life is just way to quick to act like group #1. Remember folks, being unhappy with this team is a choice.....and many of us actually prefer to be happy, so we CHOOSE to do so.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The bar was raised in NE a long time ago. Expectations are higher here than most any other team. You can thank BB for that.

A great season is winning the SB. Anything less, is not great. The season was fun, it was entertaining. The division again failed to cause any excitement in the playoff hunt. The Playoffs were a forgone conclusion after week 10.

Excuses are for losers, not SB winners. Injuries are excuses. All teams had injuries, some more so than the Pats.

We as fans should not settle for losing the AFCCCG. Ownership, the coaching staff and the players dont accept it, why would the fans?

I am not going to thank BB for coming up on the shortside in the SB hunt. I clearly do not want anyone else at the helm of this team, as coach or GM, or even defacto President (which BB is). But BB was not with out mistakes this year, as he was in years past.

This forum is to banter back and forth on the Pats. I am not satified with how this season ended, nor do I think it was a great season

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It was another good and entertaining season

BUT

Let me just sum up the season with pictures from one of my all time favorite movies...

We ended up with

Again!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The bar was raised in NE a long time ago. Expectations are higher here than most any other team. You can thank BB for that.

A great season is winning the SB. Anything less, is not great. The season was fun, it was entertaining. The division again failed to cause any excitement in the playoff hunt. The Playoffs were a forgone conclusion after week 10.

Excuses are for losers, not SB winners. Injuries are excuses. All teams had injuries, some more so than the Pats.

We as fans should not settle for losing the AFCCCG. Ownership, the coaching staff and the players dont accept it, why would the fans?

I am not going to thank BB for coming up on the shortside in the SB hunt. I clearly do not want anyone else at the helm of this team, as coach or GM, or even defacto President (which BB is). But BB was not with out mistakes this year, as he was in years past.

This forum is to banter back and forth on the Pats. I am not satified with how this season ended, nor do I think it was a great season

[/QUOTE]

Says the jets fan.

Sections
Shortcuts