Its Brady's Fault vs. Our GM Sucks.... this is the board.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Its Brady's Fault vs. Our GM Sucks.... this is the board.

Too much SMALL BALL from small minded offensive coaching.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We just witnessed another great season, all things considered. Thank you Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

The bar was raised in NE a long time ago. Expectations are higher here than most any other team. You can thank BB for that.

A great season is winning the SB. Anything less, is not great. The season was fun, it was entertaining. The division again failed to cause any excitement in the playoff hunt. The Playoffs were a forgone conclusion after week 10.

Excuses are for losers, not SB winners. Injuries are excuses. All teams had injuries, some more so than the Pats.

We as fans should not settle for losing the AFCCCG. Ownership, the coaching staff and the players dont accept it, why would the fans?

I am not going to thank BB for coming up on the shortside in the SB hunt. I clearly do not want anyone else at the helm of this team, as coach or GM, or even defacto President (which BB is). But BB was not with out mistakes this year, as he was in years past.

This forum is to banter back and forth on the Pats. I am not satified with how this season ended, nor do I think it was a great season

[/QUOTE]

Says the jets fan.

[/QUOTE]

Champ, if you are going to say that, at least say "says the Jets fan that has been a Pats season ticket holder going on 30 years, sat in the elements for every game this year, and traveled to Denver to see the AFCCCG." You can say I am a Jets fan, no problem. But my heart, my throat (from yelling Sunday) and my wallet say other wise.

You are just like Russell. You mistake my interest in football in general, other AFC east teams, and my friendships with some who are close to the Jets as being a Jet fan. I dont hate the Jets.(I dont like to even use the word hate) I am not a Jet fan. I do like some of the players on the Jets. My limited contact with some of them leads me to say NMangold is genuinely a good guy, and it is not hard to root for him, except when the Jets play the Pats. There are others as well. I met Ihedigbo when he was an intern for a communications class at UMass, and he was helping out at a UMass b-ball game. Really nice young man, even though he played for the Jets (and Ravens).

Russell is the toolbag that mistakes being a football fan and a fan of some of the players as "anti Pats and anti BB". Dont get lumped in with him, its a lonely place to be on this forum

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's pretty simple:

- If you think the personal and talent level on the field wasn't good enough then the GM shares some of the blame

- If you think there weren't good enough backups for known injury prone players then the GM shares the blame

- If you think the OC stinks then blame the GM who hired him and the coach for recommending him to the staff and not taking charge when the OC couldn't handle the situation

- If you think the D didn't adjust enough during the game then blame the DC and the head coach for not making adjustments or training the guys during the season to make those adjustments

- If you think the QB is to blame then blame the GM for not finding a better QB to replace him and blame the coach for letting him take the field over and over again

- If you think the game plan was bad from the start then blame the head coach for signing off on the game plan and recommending the cords that help create the game plan and the GM who hired the cords

- If you think the Pats looked flat then blame the coach for not motivating the players and blame the GM for getting the captains who couldn't motivate the players

Do you seem a theme here? If you think it's personal related you have to look to the GM and if you like it's play related you have to look to the coach as both have final say in what happens. Not the OC and DC, not the players, not the towel boy who get's paid in peanuts it's falls on the GM for personal (including players and coaches) and the coach (for play performance). The awkward moment is that BB happens to be both! so no matter who you blame it falls on him! Personally, I do think it's a personal issue in that we didn't have enough depth behind injury prone players and didn't invest with enough talent in key areas. Too much shopping at Walmart and buying dented cans at 20% off that ended up failing in the end because the lack of talent is fine for regular season but in the playoffs you need playmakers to make the one or two critical players that make the difference. Prime example Arrington, two chances at ints that would have changed the game but he was way over his head and Talib and Gronk top end talents but can't stay healthy enough to make a difference when you need them too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fessin. Show fessin's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see this board as those particular sides at all....
    Here are the two sides that separate most on this board.....

1.) There are a group of miserable fans that see no good ever. If we win, they find fault with that game. If we only win by 3 in a late 4th quarter come back, they are complaining. They b1tch & moan about every draft pick if they aren't a pro-bowler after year one, and want them cut immediately. The last 10 years of their life has been miserable because we haven't been able to get that 4th ring. Not sure this crowd actually has the ability to be happy with this team...ever.

2.) Group two is a little more laid back, and understands the game more thoroughly. They understand that superbowls are incredibly hard to win....let alone playoff games. They understand that all teams have weaknesses (even ours). They understand what BB has accomplished in the last 13 seasons has been MATCHED BY NOBODY. They understand this is a team game, and no one person could possible be the blame for any loss, as there is always another play that could have happened. They are grown up, and don't stomp their whiney little feet when things don't go right, and understand that what we have here in New England is perhaps the greatest 13 year run in NFL history. It's not even close, as no team can match it.

So if enjoying the last 13 season makes me a #2 person....I'm okay with that. Life is just way to quick to act like group #1. Remember folks, being unhappy with this team is a choice.....and many of us actually prefer to be happy, so we CHOOSE to do so.

[/QUOTE]

It's nice to read some voice of reason, thanks Tanbass. 

There are way too many cry babies on this forum.  I obviously didn't like the way the season ended but overall it was a very enjoyable and exciting season to watch. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Fault? Let's begin by blaming Wilfork, Mayo, Vollmer, and Gronkowski.  And then there's Talib - a little hip thingy? They each bear the responsibility for letting the team down. Why they couldn't just suck it up and play is a mystery.  Of course, none really played a big role on the team or ever had any impact on the Patriots success.  Just a bunch of benchwarmers who didn't contribute, which was proven when their replacements had Pro Bowl years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

This is so not true or grossly exaggerated.

It is more accurately you have a couple people that think that. Rusty, Babe, etc.

Actually probably a lot more that think the Pats, even though they win all the time, have no idea how to build a team, which is very comical to me. There is no mistaking a handful of wannabe GMs on here like PatsEng, mthurl, rkarp, mthurl, etc though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

I think Brady and BB the Coach's brilliance overshadows the lack of talent DRAFTED by this team on the offensive side of the ball. Since they've been together, Deion Branch is the BEST WR we've drafted. That pretty f'k n sad!!! 

All I know is Brady's time is almost done and BB will be starting a new legacy without him so he'd better start having some serious conversation with his GM

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Brady and BB the Coach's brilliance overshadows the lack of talent DRAFTED by this team on the offensive side of the ball. Since they've been together, Deion Branch is the BEST WR we've drafted. That pretty f'k n sad!!! 

All I know is Brady's time is almost done and BB will be starting a new legacy without him so he'd better start having some serious conversation with his GM

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

pretty soon will others will realize thats it not just the GM that makes this bad team bad but the coaching hasnt been great either. He was outcoached twice by Coughlin in the biggest stage with basically the SAME Team and the SAME plan and it worked. Thats unnaceptable.

Then he was outcoached as we lost to the Jets in 2010. We had beaten them earlier, 45-3

Now we go and lay and egg to a team that we came back from 24 down earlier in the season. We were throwing to Matt Slater while they stayed with their bread and butter. Thats being outcoached with getting cute while the other team stays the course.

Then we have the 2009 season where BB couldnt get anyone to listen or our team just Blew...Either way, it was a GM issue or Coach issue. I dont see how everyone comes to the conclusion every year that its Brady Fault. The guy has to play QB, Coach, make personell decisions, draw up gameplans, etc and go outs and plays a clean game and makes just about every play that was presented and the coach gets another Pass....smh

I wish we could see another staff with brady for last 3 years. Ive seen enough. Its not gonna change. We have come full circle with the way we have lost in postseason. Divisional, AFCCG, SB, Miss playoffs, Divisional, one and out, SB, AFCCG....This S*cks and doesnt look like a dynasty to me.  Some will say, we are in the hunt every year...oh yea

Thanks T.B.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We just witnessed another great season, all things considered. Thank you Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

The bar was raised in NE a long time ago. Expectations are higher here than most any other team. You can thank BB for that.

A great season is winning the SB. Anything less, is not great. The season was fun, it was entertaining. The division again failed to cause any excitement in the playoff hunt. The Playoffs were a forgone conclusion after week 10.

Excuses are for losers, not SB winners. Injuries are excuses. All teams had injuries, some more so than the Pats.

We as fans should not settle for losing the AFCCCG. Ownership, the coaching staff and the players dont accept it, why would the fans?

I am not going to thank BB for coming up on the shortside in the SB hunt. I clearly do not want anyone else at the helm of this team, as coach or GM, or even defacto President (which BB is). But BB was not with out mistakes this year, as he was in years past.

This forum is to banter back and forth on the Pats. I am not satified with how this season ended, nor do I think it was a great season

[/QUOTE]

Says the jets fan.

[/QUOTE]

Champ, if you are going to say that, at least say "says the Jets fan that has been a Pats season ticket holder going on 30 years, sat in the elements for every game this year, and traveled to Denver to see the AFCCCG." You can say I am a Jets fan, no problem. But my heart, my throat (from yelling Sunday) and my wallet say other wise.

You are just like Russell. You mistake my interest in football in general, other AFC east teams, and my friendships with some who are close to the Jets as being a Jet fan. I dont hate the Jets.(I dont like to even use the word hate) I am not a Jet fan. I do like some of the players on the Jets. My limited contact with some of them leads me to say NMangold is genuinely a good guy, and it is not hard to root for him, except when the Jets play the Pats. There are others as well. I met Ihedigbo when he was an intern for a communications class at UMass, and he was helping out at a UMass b-ball game. Really nice young man, even though he played for the Jets (and Ravens).

Russell is the toolbag that mistakes being a football fan and a fan of some of the players as "anti Pats and anti BB". Dont get lumped in with him, its a lonely place to be on this forum

[/QUOTE]

I think you are a jets fans because of comments you have made for years. I have always thought of you as some media type who covers the Pats but roots for the jets, I don't read much of what rusty says but I cann see why you would want to lump me in with him as tearing down somebody's credibilty is the easiest way to counter what he is saying, it is like prolate resorting to telling ke I think I know more then BB becsise I think our offense relies on the passing game too much, and puts too much on bradys plate,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is so not true or grossly exaggerated.

It is more accurately you have a couple people that think that. Rusty, Babe, etc.

Actually probably a lot more that think the Pats, even though they win all the time, have no idea how to build a team, which is very comical to me. There is no mistaking a handful of wannabe GMs on here like PatsEng, mthurl, rkarp, mthurl, etc though.

[/QUOTE]

So then I take it you are perfectly alright with Arrington's contract, or A. Wilson, or drafting T. Wilson? Listen I don't think I'm better than BB, because he gets it right more than I ever will do, but I do think you can question things when even we can see that it wasn't the right move. If you are going with injury prone players wouldn't you invest on better backups for them? Would you disregard your scouts and pick T. Wilson in the 2nd? Would you give a 4th CB starter money when you know he isn't penciled in as a starter and you were thinking about using a highish draft pick to grab another CB?

You also look at the actual players, how many stick past their rook contracts? Unless if for injury (provided that wasn't red flag coming out of college), isn't it on the GM to find players that have talent and fit the system? So, someone like Spikes who hasn't changed since college don't you have to question the GM since it's clear Spikes didn't have the Pats mentality which lead to his IRing? When you get to playoffs and see over and over again that the coach was able to pull a bunch of UDFA's and retread FA's together for the regular season but the lack of play makers and talent is the ultimate downfall don't you have to question the GM for the lack of talent in the playoffs? When one of your claims to fame is finding hidden UDFA talent and you fill your team with 6-10 UDFA's every year don't you think some of those guys would last more than a year? As some other smart poster pointed out there is only so much room on a team so when you are turning over 20-25% of it with UDFA's and retread FA's every year don't you have to question the GM for not finding the right fit of guys if you have to turn over so much every year? 

Sections
Shortcuts