Its clear, Ricky Williams wants to be a Pat. Would you want him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: Its clear, Ricky Williams wants to be a Pat. Would you want him?

Why not?  We held on to Fred Taylor all season and he really hasn't contributed squat, on the field anyway.  Ricky can still run and if he's still hungry,  I'm sure he can contribute.  Ofcourse, that all depends on if the price is right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Yep, for the Vet minimum once Freddy leaves...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I'm in favor.  Once again though with the pot stuff.  Who cares about this?  Its dumb that we put people in jail for this and that there are so many comments about it in these Ricky Williams threads.

Back on the subject.  I'm with you MVPkilla, I think he's still running hard and would be a GOOD, VERY GOOD replacement for Taylor.  I was pulling for Fred but he is injured too often and I think after this year he's done.  I hope he gets a ring and retires.  This said, though, Ronnie Brown is also a free agent..  I think I'd rather Ricky though, based what he had to say and what I know about him down through the years.  Seems like an honest stand up guy and oh yes, he has talent. He has never been on a team that could make the best use of it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Its clear, Ricky Williams wants to be a Pat. Would you want him?:
    [QUOTE]Why not?  We held on to Fred Taylor all season and he really hasn't contributed squat, on the field anyway.  Ricky can still run and if he's still hungry,  I'm sure he can contribute.  Ofcourse, that all depends on if the price is right.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

Two seasons, it just seemed like one.  His tenure with the PATS has been like ground hog day....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

We're going to have a LOT of options VERY SOON after this season.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

The questions are, how well does he block; can he catch the ball out of the backfield; how much is in the tank; and how much money is he looking for?  If BB likes the answers to those questions then we will look at him . . . in BB we trust!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Put the Bong down, now...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Didn't I just read how Ricky was complaining about a lack of touches in Miami?

I have no doubt he'd love to come to New England and latch on to the new dynasty -- I bet a lot of guys would -- but Ricky is a head case and a fumbler besides. He complained about too many carries when Wannstedt was the coach and now he's complaining about too few . . .  and in running back terms, he's 150 years old.

I'll pass on this guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

id burn my ricky williams jersey if he did...both of them

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

I'd rather see Kevin Faulk back here healthy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Its clear, Ricky Williams wants to be a Pat. Would you want him?:
    [QUOTE]id burn my ricky williams jersey if he did...both of them
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

What'd you do with the Jason Taylor one?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The prodigal son returns.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

That would be a good group, BJGE,Woody, KF and Morris would be good too if RW doesn't sign here. Also Brian Leonard would a good fit as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KathrynTappensThong. Show KathrynTappensThong's posts

There will likely be some changes at the running back position next year.  Please don't quote me, but I believe that this year we had 3 of the 4 oldest running backs in the NFL on our roster.  We all love Kevin Faulk, but we got lucky and have Woodhead now.  BB isn't known for being sentimental, so Faulk might have reached the end of his Patriots career.  Morris and Taylor are fundamentally useless, which leaves us with Woody and The Firm.  Even if Faulk does come back, there should be room for a few more backs.  Draft one high, regardless of the failure of Maroney, and then absolutely bring in a guy like Ricky.  It's been proven many times that NE is the place to come and play when you've grown up and want to win!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from canpatfan. Show canpatfan's posts

It's always like the Patriots to make unconventional moves in the off season.  They seem to do the opposite sometimes to what you might hope or expect.  So - I wouldn't count out a Ricky W experiment - but he might not even be on their radar come the end of Feb.  Law Firm is turning into a very good RB - so if K Faulk returns along with Woodhead, do we have need or room for Williams.  I am from Canada and Ricky W played a year for the Toronto Argonauts.  He didn't make them a better team (although - in fairness, it is a differently played game up here).  He seemed to have been a bit re-born in Miami and he was impressive in some games - but he wouldn't get many touches with the ball in NE.  Isn't that one of his main complaints right now?       

In Response to Its clear, Ricky Williams wants to be a Pat. Would you want him?:
    [QUOTE]So its all over the sports hub right now. Ricky Williams went on the radio in Miami and pretty much said that he is tired of playing for a team like the Phins who "dont get it" and would really rather be playing for a team and coach like the Pats and Belichick. Fred Taylor is done after this season and Law Firm has become the guy at RB so would you sign Ricky Williams as a role player? He has a lot of gas left in the tank due to his time off, he took no punishment on his legs for like 3 years which has allowed him to play into his 30's. I would love to have him as a back/role player. And if you heard his comments on the radio or can find a link I think you would all like what he had to say. He is a smart guy for a total pot head LOL. I would love to have him, How about you?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Up front? No.  Never been a fan. He likes to fumble, has small hands, is overrated.

But, if he wanted to come in for a tryout at the league minimum, I have no issue with the move because you want the ego in the back seat for whichever veteran they bring in to sign.

It needs to be someone who is likley going to back up BJGE and have their touches very limited behind Woodhead.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

lol!!!!

JimmyJack out of the woodwork for his time to eat crow.

Step right up, JackEms.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Its clear, Ricky Williams wants to be a Pat. Would you want him? : What'd you do with the Jason Taylor one?!
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]
    never got one

but id like to see it burned as well if i did

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]JimmyJack where you been at man? And who is to say that getting Ricky would mean not getting Faulk? This team has carried 4 running backs before. So It could be Law Firm, Faulk, Woodhead, and Ricky Williams. That would be a good RB core IMO.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    busier than usual at work...had some shake ups around the office

and playing lots of call of duty...what can i say...killing lots of virtual people makes me feel better about the craptacular season for the phins

momma said there would be days like this...but damn...she didnt say sh*t about a 1-7 home record...yikes

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Its clear, Ricky Williams wants to be a Pat. Would you want him? : lol!!!! JimmyJack out of the woodwork for his time to eat crow. Step right up, JackEms.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    judging by the fact you seem to recognize me, im going out on a limb and saying this is newer moniker for you at BDC eh? eh?

besides...i prefer chicken parm to crow, thanks though

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yes, but please share with us your opinion on the Pats season and how you contested every single premise I had back in August.

Remember that, JackEms?  Your comedic approach is still horrendous, I see.  lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Pieere Thomas will be a Patriot next year & Brandon Meariweather will be a Saint...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

How did Jackems enjoy both NE paste jobs this year?   I could have sworn he spent all summer on here babbling about Miami was ready to surge past NE in the division.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Bit late for that.  Many many players are going to start to eyeball retirement without a ring and sign up.  It happened before, and now its happening again.  We don't need him, we have BJGE and Woodhead, find a suitable young undrafted guy.  Stop carrying 20 running backs.  Save a spot for a young developing DB.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from line6er. Show line6er's posts

I feel Williams has  been forced legally, to play in Miami and will be a terrible person to have here.  He's a pot head, no intent on insulting him, it's just a certain kind of mentality that doesn't go well with the system BB has here.  Also, he's very old.  Stay with what we've got and if we lose anybody, we wil know by the time of the draft and make all the adjustments needed.  I'm sure BB would rather trade for a proven, younger player of his own choice, or, get some new young blood which he can mold into a player he has in mind.

Sections
Shortcuts