Its clear, Ricky Williams wants to be a Pat. Would you want him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Re: Its clear, Ricky Williams wants to be a Pat. Would you want him?

why are we talking about signing an over the hill running back after we signed woodhead to a 3 year deal, and BJGE is going to get signed soon as well?

we have two capable backs that fit our offense, we dont need another vet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

One other Williams point.  The last time he had enough of football, he walked off with no notice and left his team hanging....  is that what we want?  Not me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

the only RB vets i want are Bush from oakland, Piere Thomas (Saints) and Fred Jackson

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Nope. We don't need him. We will pick up some depth in the draft. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No thanks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Sorry if someone else already said this, but I say Indy could really use him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I dont like the fact he turnned his back on his team cause he wanted too smoke weed  and only returned cause the phins wanted thier bonus money back ! then agian he still did the same thing and got suspened. I dont think hes a team player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from u240robert. Show u240robert's posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Williams in a Pat uniform.
    I watched the documentary on ESPN about his life "Run Ricky Run".
    He's a bit out there at times but I have a better understanding of him.
    He's definitely not the Anti-Christ so many made him out to be just because he walked away from football.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Not a good fit, the Patriots do have an image and this guy will not add to it.

I think back to "Americas Team" of the 90's and all you would hear, and read about, were stories of dui's, drugs and adult "entertainers". Oh, but they won championships so the Cowboys were okay with mgt, and their fan base. I don't believe that Bob Kraft is an owner that would put up with that sort of stuff whatever the return, his time at Harvard business school wasn't wasted. Kraft spent time with Jerry Jones learning how he built his organization. Maybe an effort from Kraft to create an organization with a postive image and not some mythical image that Dallas had manufactured.

Not to punish him for his past, he might be a new person, but New England is not a town for a Ricky Williams...Oakland, he would be good there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots have been successful turning players around with a negative image

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

After reading the statements and the context of the statements, we don't want someone like this on the team.  Or at least, that is what I think.  I will admit I thought the same about Randy Moss.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

ill pass

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: Its clear, Ricky Williams wants to be a Pat. Would you want him?:
    [QUOTE]I'd rather see Kevin Faulk back here healthy
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]

Williams is a great player, past his prime but in a Brady style offense he doesn't need to be a premier back, he can live with 12 or less carries a game and avg over 4 yards and be a veteran presence behind the Law Firm.

I thought about this long and hard. 

I concluded that I'd rather see Kevin Faulk back here healthy. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Its clear, Ricky Williams wants to be a Pat. Would you want him?:
    [QUOTE]So its all over the sports hub right now. Ricky Williams went on the radio in Miami and pretty much said that he is tired of playing for a team like the Phins who "dont get it" and would really rather be playing for a team and coach like the Pats and Belichick. Fred Taylor is done after this season and Law Firm has become the guy at RB so would you sign Ricky Williams as a role player? He has a lot of gas left in the tank due to his time off, he took no punishment on his legs for like 3 years which has allowed him to play into his 30's. I would love to have him as a back/role player. And if you heard his comments on the radio or can find a link I think you would all like what he had to say. He is a smart guy for a total pot head LOL. I would love to have him, How about you?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I don't know Killa...What about his on again off again relationship with Mary Jane? lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Don't know how many other RB's that are his Age that seem to have as must left in the tank as Ricky..For the right price, I say do it..I feel he would buy into the "Patriot Way", and would help keep that Veteran Presence that may be lacked next season, if Morris and Taylor are out, and Faulk retires.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Its clear, Ricky Williams wants to be a Pat. Would you want him?:
    [QUOTE]Yes, but please share with us your opinion on the Pats season and how you contested every single premise I had back in August. Remember that, JackEms?  Your comedic approach is still horrendous, I see.  lol
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    so what, you learned to not be an a**hat and got a moniker to stick? congrats to you...

i said the pats would struggle on defense(and lets call a spade, a spade here...the pats defense gives up a ton of yards usually(they bend but dont break)) and i thought henne would improve with marshall when he regressed because he isnt consistently accurate enough

oh well...i guess that's why fans make predictions and we all watch to see how it plays out

but i sure hope your internet gloating works out well...i mean...if i can correctly assume that you were an a**hat in 07...how did all that gloating work out for ya? and just think...plax didnt have to play defense!

Wink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Its clear, Ricky Williams wants to be a Pat. Would you want him? : so what, you learned to not be an a**hat and got a moniker to stick? congrats to you... i said the pats would struggle on defense(and lets call a spade, a spade here...the pats defense gives up a ton of yards usually(they bend but dont break)) and i thought henne would improve with marshall when he regressed because he isnt consistently accurate enough oh well...i guess that's why fans make predictions and we all watch to see how it plays out but i sure hope your internet gloating works out well...i mean...if i can correctly assume that you were an a**hat in 07...how did all that gloating work out for ya? and just think...plax didnt have to play defense!
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Oh, look.  JackEms is back using cute teenie bopper terms like a*s hat hoping to sound cool as he trolls a Pats board as a Dolphins fan.

So, tell us Jackems, why did you disappear after Week 4?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I read the interview.  Then I listened to it.  He is articulate, sharp, intelligent and passionate. You can be wary of a guy that publicly trashes his team and coach, but in this case it was warranted and he deserves better.

Low mileage, generally durable, a good pass-catcher, can mash through the middle with break-away potential, is hungry for a victory and thinks highly of the Pats.  I would be very surprised if he has not caught Nick Caserio's attention (BB is too focused on the next game).

I love it.  And I don't think he should have to take the vet minimum. He has gone several years w/o a single wrinkle. He seems very mature.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Jimmy why you got to bring 07 into this and break my heart all over again lol that game will still sting on my death bed lol First of all to those who are implying that because Ricky Williams smokes weed that he would equate to the boneheads on the 90's Cowboys teams I say get a clue. The cowboys players like Irving smoked CRACK not weed and I think we can all agree that crack and weed are no where near each other. The Cowboys got DUI and fights and literally stabbed their own teammates. Ricky Williams only problem was his mental health. The guy is now a diagnosed man with mental health issues. He has issues with angziity (spelt wrong I know lol)and he self medicated by smoking weed and when he had to chose he left football because his head was not in it. Since he got help for his issue he has been a productive 30 something RB which is hard to find. And how is he washed up? For a guy his age he is still pretty good.
    my apologies about 07...but a point needed to be made

and i agree about ricky...he is a good man, and an outward soul

his mental issues lead to usage of pot and he found comfort in the "drug"...and in the meantime, did as please and traveled the world to further his "education"

in a world where athletes want attention and money and not much more, i think its admirable that ricky thinks and says and does what he wants to

his words about the phins, although not athletically(or politically) are correct. his frustrations are similar to why lebron left cleveland...i mean who wants to play for a team that isnt doing everything possible to be the best?

that said...id hate to see ricky come up here unless i can go cheech and chong with him

Tongue out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I love Danny Woodhead but to those who would have us drop Kevin Faulk in favor of Woodhead I say go f*ck yourself. Kevin Faulk should retire a Pat and be given the same respect Troy Brown was. And Tedy Bruschi was.

I am with you.  What did Kevin Faulk do wrong? Got injured?  How was he supposedly struggling before the injury?  I seem to remember that he was one of the very few Pats who did well in the play-off game against the Ravens. Dumping Faulk would be like dumping one of your best salespeople after he/she took time off for a medical leave.

I don't understand why keeping Woodhead, The Law Firm and signing Williams means Faulk has to go.  Or Morris, who has been a stud on the speical teams. Taylor?  Yeah, too many injuries and he knows it.  Faulk?  Not until he shows he can no longer produce.  And he comes at a low cost, too.  Cutting him would be

STOOPIT! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IanthePD. Show IanthePD's posts

YES.

Anyone that's seen the 30 for 30 on Ricky knows that A. hes a changed man and B. he can still run like a beast. Tony Sporano is re tarded and has a giant man-crush on the llama that is Ronnie Brown.

Hes a perfect fit for the Pats, won't cause any problems and will slide right in. Love it, best RB New England could pick up for cheap (and god knows we Bill needs cheap).

Sections
Shortcuts