It's Early, But Who's On The Bubble?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

It's Early, But Who's On The Bubble?

It's early, But Who's On The Bubble?

And, are the Patriots going to keep 3 QBs, taking up a valuable spot that might affect positional depth late in the season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: It's Early, But Who's On The Bubble?

Early? There are 90 players on the roster and we have yet to see anyone on the field. How do you speculate who is on the team or not until we see the players on the field? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

From the guys who were on the roster last year....

Bolden? Wendell? Connelly? Thompkins? Vellano? Chris Jones? Sililiga? all of the above? Bequette no question mark...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

As I said in an earlier thread, about three-quarters of the 90 man roster is on the bubble.   Belichick would tell you no one has a guaranteed spot now, but I'm going out on a limb and saying that guys like Solder, Revis, Brady, Hightower, and Chandler Jones are indeed locks.  But even guys like Kelly and Wilfork need to show they can still play after their injuries.  And can anyone say for sure whether players like Ridley, Arrington, Connolly, or Boyce are going to stick?  We need to see them and their competition perform first. 

I know it's hard to wait, but I'm going to guess that maybe 20 players are locks and the rest of the roster is wide open for competition, so it's impossible to provide anything more than idle speculation until camp and preseason are well underway. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Early? There are 90 players on the roster and we have yet to see anyone on the field. How do you speculate who is on the team or not until we see the players on the field? 

[object HTMLDivElement]

Based on past performance, who was signed in FA, and who they drafted. For example Bequette. Did nothing with past performance, they signed Will Smith, and the drafted Moore. I would say a good guess is he's on the bubble.

Other people I would guess:

Bolden, T. Wilson, Davis, Wendell, Thompkins, Vellano, Siliga, Chris Jones, Ebner

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

aren't there 37 players on the bubble?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Let's work off this assumption.... guys who are definite assuming healthy. It will be a vey competitive camp for some positions and depth.

Brady, Mallett, Garropplo

Ridley, Vereen, White

Gronk, Hooman,

Dobson, Edelman, Amendola, LaFell

Solder, Mankins, Seabass, Cannon

Vince, Kelly, Easly, Chandler Jones, Nink, Smith

Collins, Hightower, Mayo, Hull

Revis, Browner, Dennard, Ryan, McCourty, Arrington

Long Snapper, Ghost, Allen, Slater, Ebner

Just my 2 cents I come up with 38 with Ebner being a controversial pick. The Pats value special teams very highly and this kid is a big part of those units although I can understand the disagreement if any.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Let's work off this assumption.... guys who are definite assuming healthy. It will be a vey competitive camp for some positions and depth.

Brady, Mallett, Garropplo

Ridley, Vereen, White

Gronk, Hooman,

Dobson, Edelman, Amendola, LaFell

Solder, Mankins, Seabass, Cannon

Vince, Kelly, Easly, Chandler Jones, Nink, Smith

Collins, Hightower, Mayo, Hull

Revis, Browner, Dennard, Ryan, McCourty, Arrington

Long Snapper, Ghost, Allen, Slater, Ebner

Just my 2 cents I come up with 38 with Ebner being a controversial pick. The Pats value special teams very highly and this kid is a big part of those units although I can understand the disagreement if any.

No doubt that the guys you list, when fully healthy, will be on the 53 man roster. BB loves competition and so he shall have it completely this camp. It's far too early to tell how some injured Vets will be in terms of injury progress. Some could play well and others cannot have any loss of ability from last season's injury to survive.

Some spots to watch:

DL: Two returning vets facing injury a serious hurdle. If either one cannot play to last year's standard after becoming healthy they could be gone, even Wilfork. BB would love to keep both Kelly and Wilfork, especially Vince, if he's a go. If not, BB has shown no problem in the past with cutting vets, even ones he likes personally. Last years holdovers will face a challenge from the newer MASH unit, Easley and Yeti Armstead. If Armstead isn't 100%, he's also probably cut. Otherwise, Jones is a goner.

DE: Bequette looks ready to be mummified. If the Pats go with a 4-3 as a primary base defense instead of the old 3-4 they could keep 5 DE's (Nink, Jones, Smith, Buchannon and Rookie 6th rd. pick) otherwise, they keep 4 and someone familiar walks the plank.

RB: RB by committe is fine but you only need a quorum of that committee - 4 from the group of Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, White, and Houston. The other smaller guys are, to me, specialty players or primarily special teams guys.

OL: Wendell and Connoly fight for their lives, as do everyone from last year's PS and occasional roster guys. It will be the biggest battle of training camp.

The others...all the usual suspects.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes..... but I mean Rkarp we all know which players are kind of just camp bodies and which ones have real shots at making the squad. It's good to have a discussion on players from last years team who have a fight to make this years team. Isn't there anyone on the team you could say, well they need to show something this year or they're gone?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I know its early, but I'll bet Babe is on the Bottle and Rusty is hitting the Bong...

Looking at it economically, sort this page by Dead Money. Few of the guys who would be over $800,000 in dead money are on the bubble. Maybe Connolly or Wendell. Anyone below that level is fair game. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/cap/" rel="nofollow">http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/cap/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Everyone but Tom Brady is on the Patriot bubble . . . if they are not health or do not perform they will not make the 53 man roster.  Almost anyone cut from the Pats will find a job with someone else in the NFL with the exception being the undrafted free agents they have just signed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes..... but I mean Rkarp we all know which players are kind of just camp bodies and which ones have real shots at making the squad. It's good to have a discussion on players from last years team who have a fight to make this years team. Isn't there anyone on the team you could say, well they need to show something this year or they're gone?

Can't comment on it until we see the fight on the field. Could be anyone. Vince, Kelley, Wendell, Ridley, Lafell, Boyce, Ebner and on and on....has to play out on the field

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Can't comment on it until we see the fight on the field. Could be anyone. Vince, Kelley, Wendell, Ridley, Lafell, Boyce, Ebner and on and on....has to play out on the field

[object HTMLDivElement]

Given performance and contract I would say Wilfork has less of a chance to be cut as opposed to say Bequette. I'd also think Gronk has less of a shot to be cut than T. Wilson and Stork vs say Wendell. Yes it has to play out on the field but we are just giving opinions here none of us have a say on who stays and who goes. But, in this dead time of year these types of discussions evolve to who should we watch more closely in camp (something I'm highly waiting for your reports on) on the 90 man roster. Of course we'll be interested on who's improving too but those last 10 spots are alway the most intriguing to watch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Well I have already  disqualified myself. From having any credibility on the Ufdas,Deering is already gone. 4.4 6'2"209#s. And he doesn't make week 2

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

Sections
Shortcuts