It's funny how Woodhead completely stole all of Edelman's thunder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHopHooray. Show HipHopHooray's posts

It's funny how Woodhead completely stole all of Edelman's thunder

Going into the beginning of this year, after Edelman filled in for Welker, everyone was saying how Edelman was a "mini-Welker" and could be extremely productive as one of Brady's options. Fastword to now and no one is talking about Edelman, everyone is talking about Woodhead and how great and versatile he is. Now Edelman's lucky to get in for anything other than special teams, and even there he's fighting over the position with Tate. I just think its funny but I would still like to see Edelman be a productive part of the offense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Freeway555. Show Freeway555's posts

Re: It's funny how Woodhead completely stole all of Edelman's thunder

New England people will LOVE any white. blue collar, Rudyesque short guy who beats the odds. It's our Lifetime Movies.

But you are definitely right about Edelman. Last night Welker lined up in the backfield a couple of times. That is a role Edelman could succeed at.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Not sure it's a fair comparison.  I got the impression that Edelman was hurt early....and may very well be playing hurt. Secondly, look at the depth chart at WR (inlcuding Gronk and Hernandez from TE) - and you can see why he hasn't been contributing as much.

Not to take anything away from Woody, but the depth chart at RB is 2 - woody and law firm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

What I REALLY found funny, and enjoyed, was how Woodhead made a point to gesture to the Jets sideline after every play he made....ESPECIALLY the tackle on McKnight, the guy Woodhead was cut to keep and is currently spending most of his time on the bench. Oops.

The Jets are proving to be very questionable talent evaluators:

Cromartie
    Edwards
    Sanchez (still an unknown, I'll grant that)
    Gholston

The good:

S. Holmes

LT and T. Jones are a wash. Kris Jenkins has been hurt 90% of the time, though I guess you can't really blame that on the talent evaluators.

A few more bad decisions and they'll be mired with a lot of way overpaid, underperforming, show-boating clowns. I mean, even WORSE than now!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Pats are deep at WR....Edelman is a role player & back up/change of pace player....I love that he's on the team & ready to play any part that is required of him...I mean Taylor Price a 3rd rounder isn't even seeing the field yet...I love our depth & ability to use players or not for that matter, the key is, is that they are there when needed...
    Woodhead is a Christmas blessing come early & his role is way different than Edelmans, a totally different position that he's taking advantage of just like Edelman did when Welker went down....
    Celebrate our luck & coaches ability to get playmakers on the roster that are both versitile & gamers!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Everything in this league is earned.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Edelman will get his turn in the future given the chance unless the Pats decide to go elsewhere for recieving talent in the draft, but if not with the Pats Edelman will make an impact somewhere.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: It's funny how Woodhead completely stole all of Edelman's thunder:
    New England people will LOVE any white. blue collar, Rudyesque short guy who beats the odds. It's our Lifetime Movies. But you are definitely right about Edelman. Last night Welker lined up in the backfield a couple of times. That is a role Edelman could succeed at.
    Posted by Freeway555

Why does he have to be white? If you didn't notice but we loved BJGE when he was fighting for inche unlike Maroney and we loved every minute Brown took the field. Truth be told I think we just love the underdog blue collar type that shouldn't have done anything but has. The fact that Woodhead was thrown away by one of our most hated rivals only makes him all the more sweeter imo. But I don't think white black or green has anything to do with anything

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: It's funny how Woodhead completely stole all of Edelman's thunder:
    New England people will LOVE any white. blue collar, Rudyesque short guy who beats the odds. It's our Lifetime Movies. But you are definitely right about Edelman. Last night Welker lined up in the backfield a couple of times. That is a role Edelman could succeed at.
    Posted by Freeway555

I realize that you post the way you do in order to get a response -- any response -- to your ridiculous gibberish, and I'm a little embarassed of myself for typing this -- but the guy Woodhead has replaced was (and is) a fan favorite who plays the game the right way (much as Danny does) and whose heritage does not enter into the discussion in any way, shape or form.

I sometimes wish the internet was just little bit more interactive than it is . . .  but then it occurs to me that my hand would probably get tired from slapping the sh*t out of racist deuschebags like you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

You're scaring me P-Mike....because I agree with you. lol

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If you see Welker/Woodhead/Branch here for many years, that leaves no doubt that Edelman gets no burn w/o injuries

So....

Where is the team who wants to be 'smart' like the Patriots in '07 and trade us a pick for Edelman??

Not nearly the player was Welker his last 2 years in Miami, but Welker got us a 2nd and 7th. I'd take a 4th this year and 5th next year. Or a 3rd next year for Edelman.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

In the spirit that all the above comments are made with good intentions and not  racial----------------- and not any player on the roster appeared to commit any crime during the game, including  theft.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

In Response to Re: It's funny how Woodhead completely stole all of Edelman's thunder : Why does he have to be white? If you didn't notice but we loved BJGE when he was fighting for inche unlike Maroney and we loved every minute Brown took the field. Truth be told I think we just love the underdog blue collar type that shouldn't have done anything but has. The fact that Woodhead was thrown away by one of our most hated rivals only makes him all the more sweeter imo. But I don't think white black or green has anything to do with anything
    Posted by PatsEng

Hear, hear. Troy, most unselfish player ever.

I don't want to hear the Colts fans bitching about injuries until Reggie Wayne is playing nickel back.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

There are two people here that seem to lack tolerance for differing opinions. That being said, there is no way you are going to get two draft picks for Julian Edelman, a seventh round pick himself.  You people seem to have a tendency to overvalue, which is why I feel you shouldn't be playing general manager.  It's obviously an area you know nothing about-like a business man trying to do molecular modeling, for example.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

If you're referring to people lacking tolerance for YOUR differing opinions, by all means count me in.  Thank You

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

In Response to Re: It's funny how Woodhead completely stole all of Edelman's thunder : There are those of us here that think Harley or P-Mike write nothing but unintelligent gibberish.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

There are people that agree with you? Where?

Great post by p-mike.

I didn't know Ph. D's used double negatives. Or triple negatives if you see gibberish as a negative word.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I don't think Julian is going anywhere. He is versitle and can jump in for Welker, or Wood'hd and play on special teams. Heck, he might be on the depth chart for DB for all I know. He will never be expensive either.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Lets  say edelman condisers leaving and could get more  money blah blah, whats more important winning  and a good shot at a super bowl or more money and being  on a 500 team!!Look at branch he did this and  I belive he regreted leaving and he was one of the lucky ones too make it back!!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Iam not talking about me or a normal persons job, in pro sports you see it happen all the time  were players leave  teams for money and regret it and some have taken less money too be on a winning team and a shot at a tile,cause in the end winning  is whats it all about.Yes it is a job to them but when your already making alot of money whats the difference.As brushci said  before how much money does someone  need,I got a nice house and my kids are in school why would I want too move them now.Too me thats a true player who loves the game!!

Sections
Shortcuts