It's gonna be another week of re-hashed story lines.... what's to chat about now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It's gonna be another week of re-hashed story lines.... what's to chat about now?

At this point, with another week to go to SB46..  I just can't see anything new which can be added to all the hype and opinions we'll see.  The Giants will talk their mouths off claiming superiority with the game practically in the bag for them while the Patriots go the company line to respect the Giants and acknowledge they have a tough game ahead. We'll see one stupid question after another from the media with attempts to generate more bulletin board materials from the Giants, who are easy marks for this stuff.  All the talking heads will spout their rationale for why the Pats win or the Giants win, with the trendy team being the Giants, due to a weak Pats D and the Giants impecable 5 game winning streak, all dominating wins, right?  We'll ward off Giants fans as well as fans of other teams who post here to deride the Pats and see a Giants win.  All in all, nothing new.  We support our team, with a few worry warts in the mix, believing the Pats will gain SB ring #4.  At this juncture, about the only new stuff we'll have a chance to talk about is what is happening in the game next Sunday.  The way I see it, what's to chat about now that would be eye opening and totally new? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Re: It's gonna be another week of re-hashed story lines.... what's to chat about now?

I guess I should finalize my menu for the game Sunday..............I suspect there will a good amount of alcohol involved, beer mostly I don't drink too much liquor and chili cheese dip but I don't know what a main coarse will be, yet how about some of our favorite recipes to mull over. I really love to eat! KMC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: It's gonna be another week of re-hashed story lines.... what's to chat about now?

I know. It's  been a slow week, and we still have another to go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It's like being waterboarded.  You just have to quickly grab air while you can, and just keep reminding yourself that you won't actually drown......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Not sure if this is new or relevant, but being the stat geek that I am...

Giants gave up a lot to the opponents TEs all season. Look at the numbers between weeks 9-13. In that 5 game stretch, they gave up 39 catches for 480 yards and 6 TDs. In week 14, Dallas TE's only caught 4 balls for 24 yards, but one was another TD. Dustin Keller had 8 catches for 77 yards in a week 16 Giants win. And last week Vernon Davis had 3 catches for 112 yards and 2 TDs.

Player   Catches Yards TDs
    Week 1 Loss - Washington Score: 28-14
    Fred Davis  5 105  0
    Chris Cooley  2 21 0

Week 9 Win - Pats 24-20 
    Rob Gronkowski  8 101 1
    Aaron Hernandez  4 35 1

Week 10 Loss - San Francisco: 27-20
    Delaine Walker  6 69 0
    Vernon Davis  3 40 1

Week 11 Loss - Philadelphia: 17-10
    Brent Celek  6 60 0
    Clay Harbor  1 6 0

Week 12 Loss - New Orleans: 49-24
    Jimmy Graham  5 84 2

Week 13 Loss - Green Bay: 38-35
    JerMichael Finley 6 87 1

Conference Championship Win - San Francisco: 17-14
    Vernon Davis  3 112  2

Pats need to find a way to exploit this again with Gronk and Hernandez.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

We could talk about how Eli s*cks, Tom Brady is the best ever, and why report cards are stupid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm guessing since we know the Giants are going to focus on TEs, we have some WR action planned and flood those weak spots with crossing routes and see what gives.  OCHO, earn your money.  If you catch 10 passes in a Superbowl win, you will have earned your keep.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

i know....i started a thread on SB menu weeks ago....lol

now, it's just killin time...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: It's gonna be another week of re-hashed story lines.... what's to chat about now?:
    [QUOTE]i know....i started a thread on SB menu weeks ago....lol now, it's just killin time...
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I tried to reopen Bubbas thread, but it said 'this discussion is closed', kind of like talking to my wife... So I bumped up the Part II...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The mother of invention rules here...  when football talk is out of gas, think of the mundane.  I wonder if it will be nice enough to go golfing before the game?  Hmmmmm.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Oh I've got something ... ever notice how when a 1st down is needed to run out the clock with the game on the line, Brady will always throw a quick pass near the first down marker to a receiver on his right?  Consider:

2006 AFC Championship:  quick pass to Troy Brown broken up by Bob Sanders
    2007 @ Colts:  quick out to right by Welker seals the game
    2009 @ Colts:  quick out to right by Kevin Faulk, marked just shy of 1st down marker
    2010 v Colts:  not sure what play we called but Sanders INT saved the game
    2011 AFC Championship:  quick out to right by Hernandez, knocked away by Ed Reed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Next Sunday cannot come fast enough...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Here is something agcsBill. During this SB week we could discuss why we as fans love football so much and why. Everybodys individual take.

1) Football is the most interesting game
    2) Football is intuitive, so i can almost plan the next play myself
    3) I can think about the game when watching - methods of attack & defense.
    4) Same rules each game but play each team differently.
    5) Can defeat a superior opponent with more intelligence as well as physical.
    6) Better than Fantasy FB as I can wish to add real pieces in Draft etc.
    xyz) or anything else etc.

How's that? My 2cents ...take it from there ...could be a fun post? if anyone thinks it may be fun hearing about other members take on Football. Sort of like 'our own' SB week with Q&A from forum members. Go with it!

Have a good SB week all....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

And agcsbill......

x) another reason I watch football is because of the team huddle and I KNOW they are talking about ME!!!!.....have a fun SB week all....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Actually, this is the first time I have NOT been anxious about the 2-week wait when the Pats were in the SB. Why not? Simple...Gronk's injury.

I want this week to go by as slooooooooooowly as possible, so Gronk can get every second of healing he needs in that ankle!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to It's gonna be another week of re-hashed story lines.... what's to chat about now?:
    [QUOTE]At this point, with another week to go to SB46..  I just can't see anything new which can be added to all the hype and opinions we'll see.  The Giants will talk their mouths off claiming superiority with the game practically in the bag for them while the Patriots go the company line to respect the Giants and acknowledge they have a tough game ahead. We'll see one stupid question after another from the media with attempts to generate more bulletin board materials from the Giants, who are easy marks for this stuff.  All the talking heads will spout their rationale for why the Pats win or the Giants win, with the trendy team being the Giants, due to a weak Pats D and the Giants impecable 5 game winning streak, all dominating wins, right?  We'll ward off Giants fans as well as fans of other teams who post here to deride the Pats and see a Giants win.  All in all, nothing new.  We support our team, with a few worry warts in the mix, believing the Pats will gain SB ring #4.  At this juncture, about the only new stuff we'll have a chance to talk about is what is happening in the game next Sunday.  The way I see it, what's to chat about now that would be eye opening and totally new? 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Somethin' new, some'in new, some'in new, some-thinnng newww, hmmm- (tongue *click-click-click).  Lots'a Pats players sportin' those wide collars & ties, tied in big over-sized knots...so I guess that's in.  Hit me back to lemme know if I was a help here on this one... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: It's gonna be another week of re-hashed story lines.... what's to chat about now?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to It's gonna be another week of re-hashed story lines.... what's to chat about now? : Somethin' new, some'in new, some'in new, some-thinnng newww, hmmm- (tongue *click-click-click).  Lots'a Pats players sportin' those wide collars & ties, tied in big over-sized knots...so I guess that's in.  Hit me back to lemme know if I was a help here on this one... 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I'd like to add here, that it just dawned on me that I do not currently own a tie...  Not 1- single- tie.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to It's gonna be another week of re-hashed story lines.... what's to chat about now? : Somethin' new, some'in new, some'in new, some-thinnng newww, hmmm- (tongue *click-click-click).  Lots'a Pats players sportin' those wide collars & ties, tied in big over-sized knots...so I guess that's in.  Hit me back to lemme know if I was a help here on this one... 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Good one Laz...on the subject, I got a laugh from the Photo of the Pats on arrival and i noticed a dork wearing team apparel with a suit-shirt-tie but sporting a stocking cap? Thats like wearing a Tux-Top Hat with sneakers.....was that Hoyer or Mallett? LOL

And yes I used the adjective 'DORK' purposely because if the Pats read this forum they will hopefully get a laugh and loosen up a bit.....

have a good night

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Want something to talk about? How about Rodney Harrison, at the ProBowl game tonight, saying that right now Manning is playing better than Brady and is more clutch now. He said based on this years performances. What the hell is he talking about. All we hear is the Giants 5 game win streak. Brady may have been mediocre last week, but Manning wasn't great either. I don't get it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's gonna be another week of re-hashed story lines.... what's to chat about now? : Good one Laz...on the subject, I got a laugh from the Photo of the Pats on arrival and i noticed a dork wearing team apparel with a suit-shirt-tie but sporting a stocking cap? Thats like wearing a Tux-Top Hat with sneakers.....was that Hoyer or Mallett? LOL And yes I used the adjective 'DORK' purposely because if the Pats read this forum they will hopefully get a laugh and loosen up a bit..... have a good night
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

It's important for you to understand & hopefully find some sense inthe fact that:  I both fully agree with you, and second- like I said, I have zero ties (Nuuuune what-so-ever...no-one else finds this odd?), yet I own somewhere between 6 and 10 skullcaps... 

22. This post has been removed.