It's like...well...as if I wrote this myself.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: It's like...well...as if I wrote this myself.....

Long way of saying Pats need an attitude.

Sign Reed, pay him double what other teams will give.

Other half is not for him..it is for fines.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

I agree with all of it.

Especially the "Pollard Effect".  

This team needs to get nasty and start intimidating other teams.

I'm tired of seeing the Pats get physically beat up in games even the ones they win.

Next season I hope it's the "Take No Prisoners" philosophy.

Then again, you need certain players to instill that kind of attitude in the rest of the team.

This ^

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Article was food for thought but I thought it had a lot of 'fluff.'  I'm not entirely sure I understand the point about the Pats 'poker face' somehow being problematic.  BB's team takes a businesslike approach to the game and I quite frankly don't see a problem with that. That the team is not 'showing fire' to the public doesn't mean much in my view.  If the team isn't playing well and the players aren't 'doing their jobs' all the fire in the known universe won't make the plays when they're needed.

Not sure what the point of the Pollard piece was either. 

I dunno; maybe it's me but I didn't think the article was all that helpful.

As a separate matter, I, too, am growing tired of the ongoing flamewars that end up hijacking threads and travel down the same road over and over again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The last point is the Patriots need to "stay hungry" for a SB

How can they not be hungry?  No one even remembers the last SB victory it was so long ago!  There are hardly any players on this team that won a SB.

It's a joke that the media acts like every year the patriots have tons of people who have "been there before"  - they don't

Last year - teh Patriost should have been desperate for a championship.  But tehy have a lot of guys who aren;t desperate for a championship - and that is a problem that needs fixing.

This group of Patriots - over the last 5 - 6 seasons - are under-achievers; they are chokers.  How else do you describe a team that always loses the big games? 

Forget the ancient history - this team, the current players, haven't won squat.  They have coughed up a lot of big games and been physically dominated.

Once the media starts playing that angle (and the fans demand more) - maybe the team will finally wake up and play hard again.

The free pass this team gets is amazing;  they have choked repeatedly.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

How can they not be hungry?  No one even remembers the last SB victory it was so long ago!  There are hardly any players on this team that won a SB.

It's a joke that the media acts like every year the patriots have tons of people who have "been there before"  - they don't

Last year - teh Patriost should have been desperate for a championship.  But tehy have a lot of guys who aren;t desperate for a championship - and that is a problem that needs fixing.

This group of Patriots - over the last 5 - 6 seasons - are under-achievers; they are chokers.  How else do you describe a team that always loses the big games? 

Forget the ancient history - this team, the current players, haven't won squat.  They have coughed up a lot of big games and been physically dominated.

Once the media starts playing that angle (and the fans demand more) - maybe the team will finally wake up and play hard again.

Hungry to me would be Brady running for the first down when Ngata was chasing him instead of taking the flop. Looked at that play..a straight arm would have done the trick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Hungry to me would be Brady running for the first down when Ngata was chasing him instead of taking the flop. Looked at that play..a straight arm would have done the trick.

Yep.  That was very frustrating to watch.  The nastiness and attitude also applies to the offense as well as the D.

When the Pats are on offense, I'd like to see them go out there with the mind set that they're gonna punch the defense right in the face.

Physically beat them up so when the fourth quarter rolls around the defense looks like it wants to be somewhere else.  Anywhere but on the field at that time in the game.

To me, that would be a beautiful sight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Interesting, who are the two most physical teams in the NFL?

The two that made the SB maybe?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Interesting, who are the two most physical teams in the NFL?

The two that made the SB maybe?

I agree and it's no coincidence.

The Pats took a physical beating from the Ravens.  Clearly the tougher team.

More talented?  I don't know but tougher and more experienced for sure.  More hungry too.

They certainly came into Gillette Stadium not intimidated at all by the Pats.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm trending toward adding toughness in spots on the defense as you said a "thumper" at the safety position but the offense needs to get tough also.  

Passing out of the shotgun, spread  is not tough football.  Forcing the issue by committing to the run is.   

I know running is not part of TB's game but last I heard he was a "football player" and football players run when they have to.  Do I want to see Brady take off on every other play?  Ofcourse not.  But when they need a first down in a playoff game with no one open to pass to and daylight infront of him I'd like to see him put his head down and  get the first down at all costs.   Not slide around with one leg up in the air like some femmy Brazilian soccer player. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I'm trending toward adding toughness in spots on the defense as you said a "thumper" at the safety position but the offense needs to get tough also.  

Passing out of the shotgun, spread  is not tough football.  Forcing the issue by committing to the run is.   

I know running is not part of TB's game but last I heard he was a "football player" and football players run when they have to.  Do I want to see Brady take off on every other play?  Ofcourse not.  But when they need a first down in a playoff game with no one open to pass to and daylight infront of him I'd like to see him put his head down and  get the first down at all costs.   Not slide around with one leg up in the air like some femmy Brazilian soccer player. 

What happened to this guy?

Go to 1:01:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6pzMmo9KPs

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

I agree with all of it.

I'm tired of seeing the Pats get physically beat up in games even the ones they win.

Then again, you need certain players to instill that kind of attitude in the rest of the team.

That is why the Pats might let Welker walk, because some teams found that if you man handle him, you can knock him off his game. Lets admit, the Pats are the new (Manning)Colts, too much finesse and the tough teams just manhadle them off their schemes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I just got chills from watching that.

When is the last time we saw that?  Remember when he juked Urlacher out of his jock strap?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

the defense was very good in both super bowls. eli made plays at the end...brady didnt make enough plays....obviously the giants defense had a lot to do with that.

Maybe you think a defense choking at the moment of truth is "good", but rational people don't. Most of those call that choking.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel, McGinist, Law, Samuel, Johnson and Seymour got old or went away; Replaced by Chung, Butler, Meriweather, Wheatley, Brace, Cunningham, McCourty and Dowling.

That's what happened to him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

I do. It was 2006.  I loved it.  That was before he got his toys in 2007 or 2010.

He was 29 yo then dumbkoff. Learn even the simplest aspects of the game.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I agree with all of it.

This ^

Agree.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

All these defenses know about his addiction.

Do you have any proof of this genius?

22. This post has been removed.