It's looking like Pick 17

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: It's looking like Pick 17

SD better hang on or it will be Pick 18.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

it's all good.....thanks for your devotion to all things Pats draft

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

Can BB still get an impact player with that pick?  OL or DL?  I know nothing about college football but I know you do Faucetman, so who do you like in that pick range?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

With all the picks they possess in the 1st 3 rnds.Pick 17 could as easily be pick 3 or pick 29 .Gotta love the options!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

SWEET.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: It's looking like Pick 17:
    [QUOTE]Can BB still get an impact player with that pick?  OL or DL?  I know nothing about college football but I know you do Faucetman, so who do you like in that pick range?
    Posted by l52094[/QUOTE]
    Thanks.  Oh, there will be some solid players there.  I still like JJ Watt out of Wisconsin.  All the "experts" don't even have him as a top 10 defender, so what do I know?  I see him as a perfect 34 DE in our system.  He's smart, works hard, doesn't shoot off his mouth, plays tough and is almost always on the field.  I think Watt will make it to 17 if all the experts are correct. 

There will for sure be some good Offensive Tackles on the board at 17.  I count 5 that are first round worthy but none are really considered top 10 picks.  So even if a run on OTs happen starting around 8, there should be a couple left for us.  I like Castonzo, Solder, Carimi, Sherrod and Love in that order but there isn't a lot of talent separation between them, it all depends on what you are looking for.  BB likes tall and lankier OTs with long arms that can force the rusher past the QB.  Castonzo and Solder fit the mold perfectly.  Carimi certainly has the height he's just bigger than any of our OL but he would look great at RT if we move Vollmer over to LT.

I don't favor an OLB this high.  A lot of my buddies on the draft thread will disagree but I just feel like OLB is a position that requires a pretty steep learning curve and 3-4 years to master.  We do need another OLB because we are pretty thin there.  I think we are deep at DB with Bodden coming back and the emergence of McCourty and Arrington so I don't see spending another high pick at the position.

There are 4 WRs that I think are worthy of pick 17.  AJ Green (will be long gone and has character issues), Julio Jones, Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd.  Floyd is rumored to NOT be coming out.  Broyles from OKLA is also solid but a different kind of receiver from the others who are all big and fast.  We don't have a huge need at WR but Branch will be 32 and Welker will be 30 and both are entering contract years.

Obviously we are thin at RB with BJGE and Woodhead as the only locks for next year.  But, I don't see a RB worthy of pick 17, not even Ingram.

Should Mankins not get tagged, need at OG would be our biggest need.  There is only one guy worth 17 and that's Penn State's Stefen Wisniewski because he can play OG and C at a very high level.  He is also a BB type player, 6-3, 306 and quick of foot, 5.16 forty.  Florida State's Rodney Hudson belongs in the discussion but I wouldn't take him until 32.  He's really small for an OG but is a complete technician of the position and plays at perfection.  But, there is value down the board with Orlando Frankin, Mike Pouncy and Ben Ijalana who are all 33-50 ranked.  After them Stephen Schilling and John Moffitt should be in the discussion starting at 64.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I think Oak had the easier schedule between them and Jax if I did the calculation right so I don't think it mattered.

I think we ended up with the 16th pick from them the 33nd from Car and the 74th from Minn. 5 picks in the top 75 not to shabby

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

I wouldn't mind the Pats sending the 17th pick and a third round to move up in the draft to grab a solid 3-4 DE prospect.  They could probably move up to the 9-12 spot by trading their #17 and a 3rd round pick.  But, there is bound to be a solid DE, OL, CB, OLB, RB that would fall to #17.  Still, a great DE is hard to get and if the Pats have to move up to get one I'm all for it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]I think Oak had the easier schedule between them and Jax if I did the calculation right so I don't think it mattered. I think we ended up with the 16th pick from them the 33nd from Car and the 74th from Minn. 5 picks in the top 75 not to shabby
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    Sorry my good friend.  Here's the math...

JAC 8-8WLOAK 8-8WL
    DEN412TEN610
    SD97STL78
    PHI106ARI511
    IND106HOU610
    BUF412SD97
    TEN610SF610
    KC106DEN412
    DAL610SEA69
    HOU610KC106
    CLE511PIT124
    NYG106MIA79
    TEN610SD97
    OAK88JAC88
    IND106DEN412
    WAS610IND106
    HOU610KC106

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Jacksonville beat Oakland so it should be 16 either way if BB shocks the world and sits Pat thru the 1st 2 rounds these are some of the names who could realistically be Pats
    Ryan Kerrigan,Cam Heyward,ALLEN BAILEY,Akeem Ayers,MARK INGRAM, STEFEN WISNIEWSKI,JANORIS JENKINS,VON MILLER, Justin Blackmon,MIKE POUNCEY.

My favorites in caps.......Reload BB,Reload!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yep ur right Faucet. For some reason I had KC's record in Dal's spot too by accident

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Yeah, the Patriots struggle picking 1st round talent. That McCourty guy can't play worth a damn. Their other high picks also stink (Chung, Gronk, Vollmer) so your point is made even better. 

[QUOTE]HAHAHA! Thank you for Seymour. I doubt you'll get a quality player for him with that pick. Seymour made the Pro Bowl. Raiders got better end of deal. And when Ray Rice runs all over you in the playoffs, it will feel even worse because u could of used him. HAha. Thanks again Cheatriots!
    Posted by HooliganUK[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reloadedagent31. Show Reloadedagent31's posts

[QUOTE]HAHAHA! Thank you for Seymour. I doubt you'll get a quality player for him with that pick. Seymour made the Pro Bowl. Raiders got better end of deal. And when Ray Rice runs all over you in the playoffs, it will feel even worse because u could of used him. HAha. Thanks again Cheatriots!
    Posted by HooliganUK[/QUOTE]

You are aware that the Ravens still have to play next week and the Patriots don't right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Eye on Raiders' 1st round pick

January, 2, 2011
    By Mike Reiss
    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The Patriots own the Raiders' 2011 first-round draft choice, so where will it be?

The results of tonight's Rams-Seahawks game will have an impact on the pick.

If the Rams win tonight, the Raiders would pick 17th overall in the draft, according to ESPN Stats & Information's projected order of selection.

If the Seahawks win tonight, the Raiders would pick 18th overall in the draft, although that pick could improve depending on the Seahawks' success in the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

We got the bad deal on the Seymore trade all right. How did he do today? Oh sorry its after December and he rides the pine this time of the season. got some or other boo-boo. Sold on his work ethic?  not so much. I'd made the Seymore trade for the 30th pick in the draft.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]Eye on Raiders' 1st round pick January, 2, 2011 By Mike Reiss FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The Patriots own the Raiders' 2011 first-round draft choice, so where will it be? The results of tonight's Rams-Seahawks game will have an impact on the pick. If the Rams win tonight, the Raiders would pick 17th overall in the draft, according to ESPN Stats & Information's projected order of selection. If the Seahawks win tonight, the Raiders would pick 18th overall in the draft, although that pick could improve depending on the Seahawks' success in the playoffs.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Not sure how this math works...

Anybody have any idea why Seahawks  would have any bearing on 8-8 Raiders
    ( only Jax is tied with them at 8 -8 and Jax gets the nod due to opponents weaker winning percentage)
     Also -
     Just to correct someone who posted that Jax beat Oakland earlier in the year -This is inconsequential because head to head only matters when you are talkin Playoff seeds - not draft order .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

Thanks Faucet, good stuff.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I like 17.  Low enough so that we MAY actually keep it.  Not too shabby.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Eye on Raiders' 1st round pick January, 2, 2011 By Mike Reiss FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The Patriots own the Raiders' 2011 first-round draft choice, so where will it be? The results of tonight's Rams-Seahawks game will have an impact on the pick. If the Rams win tonight, the Raiders would pick 17th overall in the draft, according to ESPN Stats & Information's projected order of selection. If the Seahawks win tonight, the Raiders would pick 18th overall in the draft, although that pick could improve depending on the Seahawks' success in the playoffs.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    My good friend Mike Reiss has it wrong.  The SEA/STL result has no bearing on the draft seeding for the Raiders pick.  The Raiders pick is 17!!  If I'm wrong, I will stop posting for a month.

As pointed out, head-to-head doesn't matter a lick for draft seeding.  The first tie breaker is strength of schedule.  The only team tied with the Raiders is JAC and the Raiders had the tougher schedule.  Now someone needs to figure out where the Viking pick is.  There are seven teams at 6-10.  The pick will be somewhere between 71 and 77.