It's no Joke. It's the Big Choke.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Re: It's no Joke. It's the Big Choke.

Agreed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Branch should he have made that catch at the end?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Not good they got behind and panicked. Still had a chance at 14-11 but the D blew it by allowing Sanchez to march them down for a soft TD. It was a rebuilding year though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

In Response to It's no Joke. It's the Big Choke.:
    [QUOTE]This is No Joke.  It's the Big Choke. I can accept seeing my team get beat in a hard fought, competitive game, but I can’t stand to see a choke job like I saw the Pats cough up today against the Jets.   BB & TB both choked it up today, one with poor game planning & in-game coaching and one by succumbing to the pressure of the Jets defense with poor passing and decision making.    Why, with nearly 10 minutes left in the game and needing two scores, the Pats began to run the ball and used something like 5 minutes and 14 plays to go nowhere, I will never know, but poorer clock/game management I have seldom seen.   Belichick got outcoached, Brady got outplayed, the O-line & the defense got exposed.     Nuff said, end of story.   A big choke job from beginning to end.   A sorry end to a great unexpected season. You don’t get that many chances to get this close to the Super Bowl, which makes this choke job so hard to swallow.   Next year is not guaranteed and the possibilities no consolation.   Now all the kool-aid drinkers can go back to the kool-aid cooler and get a head start on next season because this kool-aid season is over.   Nuff said.   End of story.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because no team has ever come back from a 14 point deficit with 10 minutes left by not panicking and throwing on every down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I guess there are many way to take this loss, and this is the spin I expected by some of the cool-aid drinkers around here:

What a great season given the expectations.  No one predicted 14 - 2 and a first round bye, but, no one thought this team would come up so short after such a great 8 game run to finish the regular season . . .    But.. I see this...

A young team who far exceeded expectations this year and we can just salivate at what may come.  A defense on the rise in which it had a shortage of some key play makers this day.  I look forward to next season and after this day...  not much more to say other than..  it's been a GREAT 2010 season and we'll get 'em next time!

Or this spin move, the predictable mantra about so-called "True Fans".

I saw the true fans in the thread today, some of you are total bandwagoners who have no faith in the team even down to the end when it looked lost. If you are a true fan you support your team as long as there is a chance left. This loss was a mix of bad coaching, our offense couldn't get it together after the 1st quart debacle. The Jets locked in and we could protect Brady. Honestly the defense did a good job, but had no support from the offense. I can't think about the Jets beating us and going on, I can't listen to people who promote such disrespectful trash talking, totally classless with some of the things they said. But it is what it is.

Yes, it is what it is, and it was a big choke job. 

And of a more realistic, honest, unsentimental bent, this comment:

It's Super Bowl win or bust year in and year out for this team so us fans have a right to be mad! How many post season debacles can we take and at home no less to an inferior opponent. This is unacceptable guys and like I said before the Super Bowl winning of B & B are over! They've had many chances to win another one and they constantly blow it e.g. 06,07,10!

I'm not interested in spinning, not interested in next season, not interested in the draft at this time, not in expectations, not in rebuilding, not in excuses.

Belichick & Brady flat out choked and that spoiled a great season & left a bad taste lingering in the mouth, because you don't get that many chances to get a bye and home-field advantage and be favorites to win the Super Bowl.

To come this far and choke. That doesn't bode well for the future in my book.

Nuff said.  End of story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I got the feeling that BB tried to be a little too clever honestly.

BenJarvus Green Ellis should have been on the field more.  Why Woodhead went from 3rd down Kevin Faulk to feature back is beyond me.  Was BB trying to stick it to the Jets with Woodhead?

BB did not use spread Offense with 5 wide enough.  WHy?  I have no idea.

And no blitzes on Defense.  They worked perfectly in the 45- 3 game.  WHy none today?

I don't know - but BB did get out-coached.  It pipes because Rex Ryan is th ebiggest no class loser in NFL history - but it happened.

Bring on the Red Sox.  They will steam roll MLB this season.

We won't have to think about the Pats until November - right after the Sox WS victory parade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

I would like nothing further than our region step up and call out the New England Patriots as we do with the Red Sox.

FAR too long we have given Brady/Belichick the JC super pass.  Excuses made. Tomorrow is a brighter day with visions of 2004 never go away.

ENOUGH!!  I love the Patriots too, but you will never accuse me of wearing blinders like some on these threads.  When they win, Im happy, when they lose im disappointed.  They generally deserve how they play. and if one player or coach is the reason for a loss, then they shall be called out.

Tom Brady.

you are 2-3 in the last 3 post seasons. 
    Regular season passing avg: 273
    Post season in those 5 gms: 238

Avg scoring regular season: 32.1
    Post season in those 5 gms: 22.3

2007-2010 reg sea avg. : 23-35 273yds  2.3 TD 0.5 INT
    Last 5 playoff games avg: 26-40 238yds  2.0 TD 1.4 INT

A lot of you hated on Manning for his post season record.  Our Tommy has not faired better. And you if you play denial or deflect by name-calling, you only strengthen my point!!

They score less and Brady's numbers trend downward!  You want to get better results, look at #12.  his game must improve.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to It's no Joke. It's the Big Choke.: Yep.
    [QUOTE]This is No Joke.  It's the Big Choke. I can accept seeing my team get beat in a hard fought, competitive game, but I can’t stand to see a choke job like I saw the Pats cough up today against the Jets.   BB & TB both choked it up today, one with poor game planning & in-game coaching and one by succumbing to the pressure of the Jets defense with poor passing and decision making.    Why, with nearly 10 minutes left in the game and needing two scores, the Pats began to run the ball and used something like 5 minutes and 14 plays to go nowhere, I will never know, but poorer clock/game management I have seldom seen.   Belichick got outcoached, Brady got outplayed, the O-line & the defense got exposed.     Nuff said, end of story.   A big choke job from beginning to end.   A sorry end to a great unexpected season. You don’t get that many chances to get this close to the Super Bowl, which makes this choke job so hard to swallow.   Next year is not guaranteed and the possibilities no consolation.   Now all the kool-aid drinkers can go back to the kool-aid cooler and get a head start on next season because this kool-aid season is over.   Nuff said.   End of story.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: It's no Joke. It's the Big Choke.:
    [QUOTE]I got the feeling that BB tried to be a little too clever honestly. BenJarvus Green Ellis should have been on the field more.  Why Woodhead went from 3rd down Kevin Faulk to feature back is beyond me.  Was BB trying to stick it to the Jets with Woodhead? BB did not use spread Offense with 5 wide enough.  WHy?  I have no idea. And no blitzes on Defense.  They worked perfectly in the 45- 3 game.  WHy none today? I don't know - but BB did get out-coached.  It pipes because Rex Ryan is th ebiggest no class loser in NFL history - but it happened. Bring on the Red Sox.  They will steam roll MLB this season. We won't have to think about the Pats until November - right after the Sox WS victory parade.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]
    We need another left handed reliever before we celebrate anything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsPacersFan1. Show ColtsPacersFan1's posts

1 N DONE

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Coincidence, maybe...i heard the Patriots theme song tonight on the radio."I Am Woman"... Helen Reddy...what are the odds?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]I would like nothing further than our region step up and call out the New England Patriots as we do with the Red Sox. FAR too long we have given Brady/Belichick the JC super pass.  Excuses made. Tomorrow is a brighter day with visions of 2004 never go away. ENOUGH!!  I love the Patriots too, but you will never accuse me of wearing blinders like some on these threads.  When they win, Im happy, when they lose im disappointed.  They generally deserve how they play. and if one player or coach is the reason for a loss, then they shall be called out. Tom Brady. you are 2-3 in the last 3 post seasons.  Regular season passing avg: 273 Post season in those 5 gms: 238 Avg scoring regular season: 32.1 Post season in those 5 gms: 22.3 2007-2010 reg sea avg. : 23-35 273yds  2.3 TD 0.5 INT Last 5 playoff games avg: 26-40 238yds  2.0 TD 1.4 INT A lot of you hated on Manning for his post season record.  Our Tommy has not faired better. And you if you play denial or deflect by name-calling, you only strengthen my point!! They score less and Brady's numbers trend downward!  You want to get better results, look at #12.  his game must improve.
    Posted by LatenightOwl[/QUOTE]

-

I could not agree with you more.

It's the way they lost, their choking, that bothers me most.  It's strange to see almost an entire team choke, an entire organization, at the same time. 

The Jets prepared by watching Brady's last three or four playoff games where his cumulative QB rating was around 66, and all were losses.

Now, after their disappearing act after the game, the so-called "Real Fans"  and the "True Fans" and the "Non-Band-wagon fans"  the shameless Kool-Aid drinkers, who haunt and spoil this board to a large extent with their intolerance and prejudice are crawling out of their mommies basement with their excuses and their rationales for losing.

They are very happy with a 14 - 2 regular season and we should feel the same way:   happy that they had a good regular season.

But they play the regular season only to get to the playoffs where it's one and done and losers go home.

So why should anyone be saying we had a great run, blah blah, blah, after that embarrassing choke job after a bye-week and home field advantage?

It's one thing to lose a hard fought, closely contested, well played game, but it's another thing altogether to choke and cough up a do or die game to a trash talking team like the Jets whom they embarrassed a few weeks ago in a blowout.

"Must the real Pats fans who know how hard it is for a team to make it through the playoffs have to endure another off season of your idiotic finger pointing and moronic whining? We had a good season. Be thankful for that. Time for you all to go attack the Red Sox."

There goes the mindless skull with his predictable attack on other fans and posters who don't agree with him, nay who dare share their disappointment and disgust with the Pats over this choke job.

The playoffs are the real season, and that is when the Pats have gone into choke mode of late, none more obvious than this loss to the Jets.

Fourth quarter, down two scores, and the Pats ran off 15 plays in eight minutes culminating in a 4th and 13.

What game/clock management?

A needless trick play?  Backfired!  Then they try to blame the play-call on Chung?  The Patriot way?

Did you see Rex jumping up and down after that fiasco: that's because he said that if Belichick makes one mistake the Jets will capitalize on it and win the game.  That was that one mistake -- that's why Rex was jumping for joy.

Oh, the horror.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BB-IS-BEST. Show BB-IS-BEST's posts

I agree that this loss was hard to swallow, mainly because i was to the jets. I was pissed all night long and we do have a reason to be angry. However, this season exceeded my expectations. I feel this team is about to surge the next few seasons in my opinion. The team lacked a pass rush and our DBs are young. Our receivers don't pose huge threats, they are mainly possesion recievers and Tate/Price aren't Randy Moss type guys. To blame BB and Brady is ridiculous. Without them we would have zero SBs. Of course they had a role in the debacle but come on, football is a TEAM effort. Maybe if Brady had recievers that would get open, a line that could provide some time in this game we would have faired better. Honestly i don't know why the team collapsed in this game, because they did all the right things in the regular season. I think it is inexperience in multiple areas. TB and BB can't do it all, and that is something that needs to be realized. This team can only get better. I understand the varying frustration but I think we all need to calm down. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Absolutely Rajon. Right on. And at least our Celtics went down and gave it all and upset 2 teams and lost to a better Lakers team in 7 by 4 points. And missing our center the last 2 games. Kudos to the Celts. Non Kudos to our Pats. We have to live in the here and now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that this loss was hard to swallow, mainly because i was to the jets. I was pissed all night long and we do have a reason to be angry. However, this season exceeded my expectations. I feel this team is about to surge the next few seasons in my opinion. The team lacked a pass rush and our DBs are young. Our receivers don't pose huge threats, they are mainly possesion recievers and Tate/Price aren't Randy Moss type guys. To blame BB and Brady is ridiculous. Without them we would have zero SBs. Of course they had a role in the debacle but come on, football is a TEAM effort. Maybe if Brady had recievers that would get open, a line that could provide some time in this game we would have faired better. Honestly i don't know why the team collapsed in this game, because they did all the right things in the regular season. I think it is inexperience in multiple areas. TB and BB can't do it all, and that is something that needs to be realized. This team can only get better. I understand the varying frustration but I think we all need to calm down. 
    Posted by BB_IS_BEST[/QUOTE]

The future looks OK but the bottom line is we haven't won a playoff game since we beat the Chargers 3 years ago. Till we win a playoff game we are going to be impatient.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that this loss was hard to swallow, mainly because i was to the jets. I was pissed all night long and we do have a reason to be angry. However, this season exceeded my expectations. I feel this team is about to surge the next few seasons in my opinion. The team lacked a pass rush and our DBs are young. Our receivers don't pose huge threats, they are mainly possesion recievers and Tate/Price aren't Randy Moss type guys. To blame BB and Brady is ridiculous. Without them we would have zero SBs. Of course they had a role in the debacle but come on, football is a TEAM effort. Maybe if Brady had recievers that would get open, a line that could provide some time in this game we would have faired better. Honestly i don't know why the team collapsed in this game, because they did all the right things in the regular season. I think it is inexperience in multiple areas. TB and BB can't do it all, and that is something that needs to be realized. This team can only get better. I understand the varying frustration but I think we all need to calm down. 
    Posted by BB_IS_BEST[/QUOTE]

-

We agree on some things and disagree on others.

How can we not blame BB and TB for this choke-up job?  BB and TB drive the train, they are the engineers at the controls ands when the train runs off the track who are we to blame?  That is a rhetorical question, to wit, the answer is obvious.

Yes, we would have no SB's under our belt without BB and TB, but that is ancient history in NFL time.  We last won a SB in 2005!  That's six years ago by my count, and to multiply that factor by our embarrassingly poor performances in the playoffs and the one super bowl since appearance 2004, it only to magnify the hurt of choking after winning the bye, resting and extra prep, and having home-field, only makes it more obvious that the Pats organization is having trouble competing in today's NFL.

I'm not hyperventilating after this loss so I have no need to calm down. 

I'm must not buying the booyah that we should all be happy with a 14 - 2 regular season, ignore this Big Choke, and wait for the Kool-Aid to be passed out for next season by the "Real Fans", the "True Fans."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's no Joke. It's the Big Choke. : I don't see how your perspective holds any merit around here. Who are you to be calling out any fans, "real" or otherwise. You're no regular on this board, and coming around here today to gloat just makes you look like a bigger assjack than your well-documented inability to form a coherent thought. Go back to the National Bumbling Association forum, deuschebag . . . You're nobody.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

-

You make my point so well for me, I don't have to make it myself.

This from one of these so called "Real Fans" and arbiters of taste and intelligence, a master of name-calling, of the personal attack, who does not even live in New England.  Hows the weather out there in, what is it, MINN?

"I don't see how your perspective holds any merit around here. Who are you to be calling out any fans, "real" or otherwise.

You're no regular on this board, and coming around here today to gloat just makes you look like a bigger assjack than your well-documented inability to form a coherent thought.

Go back to the National Bumbling Association forum, deuschebag . . .

You're nobody. 

p-mike

Thanks for stopping in and sharing:  it's a p-brain world today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]

I got the feeling that BB tried to be a little too clever honestly.

BenJarvus Green Ellis should have been on the field more.  Why Woodhead went from 3rd down Kevin Faulk to feature back is beyond me.  Was BB trying to stick it to the Jets with Woodhead?

BB did not use spread Offense with 5 wide enough.  WHy?  I have no idea. And no blitzes on Defense.  They worked perfectly in the 45- 3 game.  Why none today? I don't know - but BB did get out-coached.  It pipes because Rex Ryan is the biggest no class loser in NFL history - but it happened.

Bring on the Red Sox.  They will steam roll MLB this season. We won't have to think about the Pats until November - right after the Sox WS victory parade.

Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

[/QUOTE]

-

Man, good questions, one and all.  And "too clever"(?), a real good point. 

And me neither, I mean, I have no answers to the questions you raised.

Play calling?  Clock management?  Tom "Happy Feet" Brady?  What the  . . . !

It looked like a different team with different coaches and a different approach.

I'm reading the posts and threads on this forum about fixes in the NFL with renewed interest in the afterglow of this Big Choke.  Or were we being put on with the Big Joke?

Whatever, Man, this loss was an atrocity to behold.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to It's no Joke. It's the Big Choke.:

Your own words refute you.  If it was a great unexpected season, who did that?  So, O.K., I agree that last nights product was lukewarm, it made me sick to my stomach, but since when do we expect there NEVER to be a bad game?  This was the exact things as what happened in Cleveland.  We played badly, the other team came in and played great, we lost.  CHOKE?  No.  CHOKE implies your nerves fail and you can't accomplish what you want to.  They just played badly.  No choke involved.  They came out flat, and lost.  You are all full of Kool Aid talk, but most of the so called Kool Aid people just said "this team is better than you think, relax and trust BB".  The people like you  running around screaming "8 and 8!  this team su¢ks!"  were the ones that were wrong.  NOW you expected more?  Poor fans.   I mean, if you don't want to root for the team, fine.  I have zero problem with them, myself.  They put up a collection of rookies and fill ins, and did a great job.  Bad game to fail, but its only ONE game.  I'm betting if there is football next year, we will once again win the division, and take another crack at it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turn02. Show Turn02's posts

A timeline:

2007 - CHOKE!
    2008 - HOME FOR THE PLAYOFFS
    2009 - CHOKE! One and done
    2010 - CHOKE! One and done

Quite a trend!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to It's no Joke. It's the Big Choke. : Your own words refute you.  If it was a great unexpected season, who did that?  So, O.K., I agree that last nights product was lukewarm, it made me sick to my stomach, but since when do we expect there NEVER to be a bad game?  This was the exact things as what happened in Cleveland.  We played badly, the other team came in and played great, we lost.  CHOKE?  No.  CHOKE implies your nerves fail and you can't accomplish what you want to.  They just played badly.  No choke involved.  They came out flat, and lost.  You are all full of Kool Aid talk, but most of the so called Kool Aid people just said "this team is better than you think, relax and trust BB".  The people like you  running around screaming "8 and 8!  this team su¢ks!"  were the ones that were wrong.   NOW you expected more?  Poor fans.   I mean, if you don't want to root for the team, fine.  I have zero problem with them, myself.  They put up a collection of rookies and fill ins, and did a great job.  Bad game to fail, but its only ONE game.  I'm betting if there is football next year, we will once again win the division, and take another crack at it.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

-

PLAYOFFS!?!?!  Are you kiddin' me??!!!!?!  PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!?!

I love when he says that, it never fails to bring a smile, and I can always see the cock-eyed expression on his face and hear his tone of voice.  Even when seeing it in print.

It was a great, unexpected season in most peoples judgement, and they won the bye week and home field advantage and were odds on favorites to win the Super Bowl.  They were playing at a very high level going into the playoffs, and you play the regular season to get to the playoffs where we all know it's one and done.  That's the real season.

Like I said, I can accept a hard fought competitive loss, but to me this looked like a choke job of the highest order:  to get to this stage under the tremendous pressure of the national spotlight and then to stink it up the way that BB and TB did?

To say that "last night's product was lukewarm. . . " is a gross understatement, but when you say " . . . it made me sick to my stomach." that rings true.

You said, "CHOKE implies your nerves fail and you can't accomplish what you want to."  Well that's exactly what it looked like to me.  A failure of nerves by Tom "Happy Feet" Brady, who saw ghosts all evening where there were none, and by Belichick who made a whole range of decisions under pressure that appear to be wrong-headed decisions.

I never said the teams su<ks, I never said 8 & 8 or any of that.  I was riding the great wave and rooting for my team like the rest of us.  This was the Big Stage they choked on unless it was something else entirely.

You said ". . . relax and trust BB. . . ".  Not on my life.

Relax and trust BB and this is what you get.  One and done, again.

Playoffs?    Lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

[QUOTE]A timeline: 2007 - CHOKE! 2008 - HOME FOR THE PLAYOFFS 2009 - CHOKE! One and done 2010 - CHOKE! One and done Quite a trend!
    Posted by Turn02[/QUOTE]
    Don't forget 2005 at denver the greatest post season QB thur the pick in the end zone. 2006 the greatest post season QB blew a 18 point lead at the half at Indy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

So, BB DIDN'T get the only three championships in team history?  Some other guy did it?  Now you think he isn't worthy of your trust?  Dang, if I knew I had to let him coach for 30 years and we would "only" win 3 championships, I would take it.