It's no Joke. It's the Big Choke.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: It's no Joke. It's the Big Choke.

There are way to many people around this board that simply drink the koolaid and crap Patriot helmets. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong. Hey I think the best fans in the world are right here in this region, I read some of the other boards and we are defenders of this team like no other.

The problem with the koolaid drinkers is they don't want you to even question any of the moves this team makes. We get a win, the defense stinks, and they are like, yay it's a win!! We make a trade, it ends up not paying off and they bring up the other ones that did. We win some games during the regular season and they are like, we told you so...nah nah na na nah!

This team isn't good enough to win without Brady and Belichick being at the ultimate best every week. That's the difference between these teams and the ones that won it all...better players all around. Sorry! We don't win every year (and I'm talking regular season) because of good "core values" or "best value". We win because of Brady and Belichick! Period. When did this core value crap come in here? When little Jonathan Kraft started doing fancy radio interviews, telling the world how his family runs the team like their business's. 

THe Jets played to win yesterday and last off season, they'll do it again. Will we? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: It's no Joke. It's the Big Choke.:
    In Response to Re: It's no Joke. It's the Big Choke. : Don't forget 2005 at denver the greatest post season QB thur the pick in the end zone. 2006 the greatest post season QB blew a 18 point lead at the half at Indy.
    Posted by CHUBBIE99

So how did Brady blow the 18 point lead?  Was he playing defense against Manning?  And in 2005 though he did not have a great game, the rest of the team played badly as well.  But why am I bothering to answer such an idiotic post? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

There are way to many people around this board that simply drink the koolaid and crap Patriot helmets. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong. Hey I think the best fans in the world are right here in this region, I read some of the other boards and we are defenders of this team like no other. The problem with the koolaid drinkers is they don't want you to even question any of the moves this team makes. We get a win, the defense stinks, and they are like, yay it's a win!! We make a trade, it ends up not paying off and they bring up the other ones that did. We win some games during the regular season and they are like, we told you so...nah nah na na nah! This team isn't good enough to win without Brady and Belichick being at the ultimate best every week. That's the difference between these teams and the ones that won it all...better players all around. Sorry! We don't win every year (and I'm talking regular season) because of good "core values" or "best value". We win because of Brady and Belichick! Period. When did this core value crap come in here? When little Jonathan Kraft started doing fancy radio interviews, telling the world how his family runs the team like their business's.  THe Jets played to win yesterday and last off season, they'll do it again. Will we? 
    Posted by mthurl

Baloney.  The problem with you "kool aide drinkers" people is that you think you can run a football team.  You can't.  Even a bad one like the Lions.  You come here, and you vent and yell and blast the players, coaches, etc.  You can't do better, and if you can, get out there and do it.  I think the people running this team WANT to win, CAN win, and WILL win.  Not every time, though.  I'm as upset about what happened last night as anyone, but comparing this year versus last year, WAY WAY better, and the team is young and will get MORE talent this coming year.  Yes, I drink the kool aid.  It's been pretty sweet, and I think its cheesy and dishonorable to say the guy who got a hopelessly lost team three SB victories is not worthy of our trust.  Ungrateful, selfish, back biting fans.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: It's no Joke. It's the Big Choke. : Baloney.  The problem with you "kool aide drinkers" people is that you think you can run a football team.  You can't.  Even a bad one like the Lions.  You come here, and you vent and yell and blast the players, coaches, etc.  You can't do better, and if you can, get out there and do it.  I think the people running this team WANT to win, CAN win, and WILL win.  Not every time, though.  I'm as upset about what happened last night as anyone, but comparing this year versus last year, WAY WAY better, and the team is young and will get MORE talent this coming year.  Yes, I drink the kool aid.  It's been pretty sweet, and I think its cheesy and dishonorable to say the guy who got a hopelessly lost team three SB victories is not worthy of our trust.  Ungrateful, selfish, back biting fans.  
    Posted by Davedsone

Dave, aren't we all on here because we think we can run a football team, but really can't? This team this year did the same thing the team last year did....lose in the playoffs in the first game. That's it Dave, they don't give trophies away for that, didn't last year and won't next year.

You'll never hear me utter one bad word about Brady or Belichick, but we are wasting valuable years because we are fiscally responsible!! Why? Because of salary cap hell? It doesn't exist...you can cut, restructure, trade, or draft yourself away from it! Teams do it all the time; the Jets did it and they look ok. It's all about money and it's not being spent as much as it should right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: It's no Joke. It's the Big Choke. : Baloney.  The problem with you "kool aide drinkers" people is that you think you can run a football team.  You can't.  Even a bad one like the Lions.  You come here, and you vent and yell and blast the players, coaches, etc.  You can't do better, and if you can, get out there and do it.  I think the people running this team WANT to win, CAN win, and WILL win.  Not every time, though.  I'm as upset about what happened last night as anyone, but comparing this year versus last year, WAY WAY better, and the team is young and will get MORE talent this coming year.  Yes, I drink the kool aid.  It's been pretty sweet, and I think its cheesy and dishonorable to say the guy who got a hopelessly lost team three SB victories is not worthy of our trust.  Ungrateful, selfish, back biting fans.  
    Posted by Davedsone

-

No body's blasting anybody.  To say someone choked is just to state an opinion and an observation.  It's not personal.  Everyone chokes sometime or another -- it's only human.  Rodger Federer has choked, as has Tiger Woods, as has almost every great athlete.  Sometimes the pressure gets to you.  But it should not be a regular occurrence in the post-season.  Look at the trend lines for the Pats. 

As for BB, thanks for winning those three Super Bowls.  We are all, I'm sure, and shall remain, eternally grateful. 

All the so-called experts agree that you are one of the greatest coaches of all time.  But we live in a "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" world and all you have done for the last six years is lose in the playoffs and lose abysmally.  The numbers don't lie, they tell the truth.

In the meantime, the Steelers have won two Super Bowls.  Are we genuflecting at the shrine of the Pittsburgh dynasty?

So, as for trust, should we trust that these trend-lines will not continue?  That magically, next season, you and Tom Brady will magically remember how to win in the post-season, under pressure? 

Trust in BB and TB if you want to, but I would like to be shown that these trend-lines are an aberration and an anomaly and not the new reality.

Why should we be patting this organization on the back for an exciting regular season when in Pro sports we all know that the regular season only exists to set up the 2nd season, the one that really counts, the play-offs?

We can honestly say, "Thanks, Pats, for a thrilling, exciting regular season."

And we can also say with equal honesty but with sarcasm, "Thanks for stinking it up and choking in the only game of the season that really counted."

Nuff said.  End of story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

4 years of coming up short.  The good news is that it will bring this organization back down to earth.  Not that BB's club culture isn't about "humble pie," but my gut tells me there will be emotion coming out of that team next season.

You know what it is?  The lunch-pail emotion of "why not us?" that sparked this team on their great run through 3 SBs.  What has set in for a few years is a too clinical, business-like approach   (combined with the shedding of the old guard), and the underdog thing has gotten away from them. 

They are primed to get that feeling back next year.  The emotion that they aren't good enough; that everyone will call them "chokers" and "Brady/BB is not what it was."  That and hire an OC and a DC.

Posted by ipot

-

I think you are right about the emotion and it speaks to the Patriots "culture", but I also think it would be correct to take an organizational approach to the Pat's problems.  The problems are more than skin deep.

I was reading Bob Ryan's post-game piece and the comments when I came across this comment by poster "shots4all" who took the Pat's to task, as others have done, for being tight-fisted and not loosening up the purse strings.

This is what he wrote:

This is what happens when you decide to charge the highest ticket prices in football but refuse to pay for quality players. The Patriots problems begin and end with Bob Kraft, and anybody who renews a season ticket is out of his or her mind.

This team has a payroll $27 million below the cap number; think about that next time you write your check to a billionaire.

Look at the Steelers, who may win their third Super Bowl in six years. When their heart and soul receiver for held out for money, they signed him and won a championship. When the Patriots gritty receiver (a Super Bowl MVP) asked to be paid properly, they shipped him to Seattle and haven't won anything since.

When Harrison wanted to be paid as one of his team's top defenders, Pittsburgh paid him and they kept on winning. Maybe they should have shipped him to Oakland for a draft pick, huh?

Since everybody knows a top flight running back is pretty important, the Steelers used first-round picks and paid them. Danny Woodhead is a nice sideshow, but he ain't a real NFL championship back. The Pats haven't had a running back since Corey Dillon, and haven't won anything since he left.

In fact, they really haven't won a playoff game since their coach stopped knowing the other teams plays in advance.

Well said, my man, and I am of a like mind.

Sections
Shortcuts