its not coaching.....its the weak drafts

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts

In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : I wouldn't call the Jets pass rush legendary.  Although, you can.  That term needs to be saved for things like Revis' 2009 season or Tom Brady in 2007 (best offense to ever not win the Superbowl?).  The Jets pass rush was merely a top 10 pass rush.  And with a draft very deep in DL & LBs the Jets sure grabbed a couple of fantastic prospects.  I expect no drop off. 
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

Let me guess....This will be the year they win the SB!  Like every year since 1969!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

is mccheaters the latest reincarnation of leon.... nice avatar....obviously another limited right brain oriented troll

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Bottom line is this: No matter who you draft, it's up to the player to live to the expectation and perform. How can you explain Brady at #199 doing what he did, and EVRY NFL team had at least 5 kicks at the can at him and passed. How else can you explain the 2004 team that win the '05 SB? That DB has 1 drafted player, two castoffs, and the doorman from the Club Ritz and kept TO out of the end zone.

BB's proven that no matter his draft position, he's going to draft HIS player(s), no matter what. Perhaps we should go a step further and look at how ill-prepared many college kids are in transitioning to the NFL. Who's fault is that? Heck, even the "experts" claim that, in a skill position, the best thing to do is have the draftee, no matter who and what round, sit and observe before stepping in.

I always believed that to learn how to win, you have to learn how you lost. Last year's defense was mostly bad, and it showed vs the JESTS! in the playoffs. As proven, that gang couldn't stop my dead Granny on a gurney going uphill when it mattered. There's their learning process. Let's hope they did learn something.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : So, the Jets go from 4 wins to the championship game in one year with a rookie HC and QB while gutting thier roster, but it takes the greatest coach in NFL history with the best QB 3 years?  Tell me, will you continue to use this rebuilding excuse going forward?   How many years do you get?   I've never claimed rebuilding.  It's just an excuse and excuses are for teams that choke in the playoffs.  Go ahead and put that shoe (in your case, high heel) on Quennie, it's fits perfectly.  One year is what it takes.   
    At least they have proven they can with the big game. How many AFC championship and superbowl wins does that combo have? You can't even talk about choking in the playoffs.

The Jets window is also closing. You will soon see the effects of weak drafts and departing free agents. Sanchez has a great O-line, great receivers, and great RBs and he still sucks. Well, it looks like that is all about to change really soon and he will need to take over the team and start controlling games himself. I highly doubt a 54% completion percentage and passer rating of about 75 with those receivers is going to increase when they are gone. The Jets have a ton of old vets that will be leaving soon and have a ridiculous amount of money tied up between about four or so players.

They also avoided the injury bug last year, let's see if they can do it again. If they can't then will they succeed? I doubt it, as the team has such little depth. On the other hand, the Pats were hit hard with injuries as they overcame injuries to Bodden, Wright, Warren, etc. and still performed well. I can't wait to get this season started to I can listen to you all whine and come up with excuses.

Ryan and Tanny made a deal with the devil to get a superbowl last year. They failed and now you're going to start to see the effects of their gamble. Just because you can guarantee a superbowl every year doesn't mean you're going to win it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The effects of jets losing their starting safety last season completely proves my point. The dropoff after Leonhard went down was tremendous and that was the excuse used by oh so many Jets fans for why they lost to the Steelers. The Jets don't have depth and that is going to become a glaring hole in their team as they start locking up guys for years with outrageous contracts.

Don't you realize that without Edwards, Holmes, Smith, Cromartie, etc. that the Jets are still over the cap? Sure, restructuring contracts can help a little bit, but there is going to be no way that the Jets field a team this year that was as talented as last year.

And I will claim that the Jets missed the injury bug. Every team loses a big name or two every season. The Jets losing one or two players doesn't count as experiencing the injury bug.

Call me an idiot and tell me to smarten up, but I didn't read one intelligent conclusion in your entire response to my post. You really must be blind if you don't think there is going to be a dropoff in production from the entire Jets team this season.

There is NO WAY that they field a team that is as talented as last year. I'll give Ryan props because he is a good coach, but I think he has relied heavily on the talent he has had so far. The Jets are becoming the raiders. Get as many talented felons on a team and see what happens. What have they won lately?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Ok, so the king made a point about how the Jets peaked and didn't make it, and all McCheaters could respond with was a comment about Brady throwing forty TDs instead of fifty?

Dude, Sanchez hasn't even hit 20 yet...

Then you call king an idiot? Try giving an intelligent response instead of calling people names. I have yet to see one from you.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : I see, you must be using the Queen's version of the salary statistics.  Is the Salary cap now below 101 million?   And aren't you the clown that claimed that the Patriots lost because they had injuries and the Jets didn't?  How does that work with your depth argument.
    I never claimed that the Pats lost because they injuries. You will never hear me say, "The Pats lost due to injuries." You must have failed phonics. What I said was that the Jets haven't experienced a major injury bug yet, and that their lack of depth has to have a negative effect on the team. Except for their loss of leonhard, which proved that they have a glaring lack of depth at safety.

No, the Pats reached 14-2 last year without their starting LE and CB. Then they lost their RE. You see, the Pats are winning the division by putting rookies and young players on the field that can perform. Those are rookies, not Jason Taylor or LT, rookies who will be on the team years from now while the current Jet starters will be retired or gone due to free agency while their cap is tied up between four players. Where did Kyle Wilson end up on the depth chart last year?

The Pats are rebuilding and winning the division. The Jets overspent in order to win the superbowl and they failed. Now they are going to suffer the consequences of a failed gamble.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : Pay attention, genius.  The Queen was trying to claim that a win is not a win.  It is no different than claiming that a QB should have more TD for idiotic reasons.  Pretty dumb, right?
    No. What the king was saying is that the Jets made their gamble and peaked. They didn't win their gamble and will now suffer the consequences.

It's like going all in on a three of a kind, but your opponent matched you and put down a royal straight flush. You might have had a great hand, but you lost and didn't win the pot. You are now broke and your three pair is gone. Get it now?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Overall Bill has drafted very good from 2008 - 2010...One could think with Pioli gone Belichcick decided to develop. 2009/2010 16 players and 4 starter...

60maxpowero.com

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts