Its official Rex instructed refs before game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Its official Rex instructed refs before game

The Pats have been committing this penalty time and time again this year.

The Jets told the refs to watch for it.

The Pats committed the penalty.

The refs called it.

---

None of this happens if the Pats don't commit the penalty. 

Don't be mad at the refs or the Jets.  Be mad at Mr. That's-Not-How-I-Read-It.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

The only reason to put in a rule is to PREVENT THE VIOLATION....   NOT try and "catch" one team or another in a crucial time of the game which is what happened.

^this!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The Pats have been committing this penalty time and time again this year.

The Jets told the refs to watch for it.

The Pats committed the penalty.

The refs called it.

---

None of this happens if the Pats don't commit the penalty. 

Don't be mad at the refs or the Jets.  Be mad at Mr. That's-Not-How-I-Read-It.

Youre dumb.  None of this happens if Referree informs Patriots of Jets "taddling" or collusion with Saints coaches.

The referree and the rule are there to PREVENT THE VIOLATION and call a fair game.   THEY FAILED by not creating a game befrorehand that had all rules or points of contention fairly interpreted by both teams and Coaches.

This information that was relayed to the officials by the Jets should have helped the Pats to avoid it .    If ref acted properly.   They didn't .  They instead colluded with the coach from one team to trap the other .  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Youre dumb.  None of this happens if Referree informs Patriots of Jets "taddling" or collusion with Saints coaches.

The referree and the rule are there to PREVENT THE VIOLATION and call a fair game.   THEY FAILED by not creating a game befrorehand that had all rules or points of contention fairly interpreted by both teams and Coaches.

This information that was relayed to the officials by the Jets should have helped the Pats to avoid it .    If ref acted properly.   They didn't .  They instead colluded with the coach from one team to trap the other .  

Yes.  The refs should run through the rule book start to finish with each coach before the game. 

Yes.  The Jets knew the game would come down to an OT field goal and trapped the Pats.

Yes.  I'm dumb.  Please don't "taddle" on me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Yes.  The refs should run through the rule book start to finish with each coach before the game. 

Yes.  The Jets knew the game would come down to an OT field goal and trapped the Pats.

Yes you are, because you don't understand fairness.   You think alls fair and too bad if a team is subjected to this on a brand new rule and the FIRST TIME IT IS EVER CALLED.  

YES you are extremely dumb.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Yes you are, because you don't understand fairness.   You think alls fair and too bad if a team is subjected to this on a brand new rule and the FIRST TIME IT IS EVER CALLED.  

He's also a Troll and an A**hole. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A "brand new rule" that is in the rulebook before the season starts isn't really "brand new" in Week 7.

For every rule, someone is called for it the first time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I don't really believe that N-A-S is dumb - I think he's simply playing the contrarian, which, from what I've seen, he plays much more often than not.  

Not my place to question his intelligence or whether or not he's a Pats fan, but his posts speak for themselves with respect to being contrary and I say that with all due respect.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It is interesting if Rex actually planned this.  He saw the films, he knew the Patriots tendencies and probably suspected it will happen a lot.  He talked to the refs before and maybe even during the game or even before the play.  He knew what he was doing and it is within the bound of the game and gamesmanship.  But you can be sure, this irks the hell out of BB and Rex wouldn't have wanted it in any other ways.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

The Jets did it on the Gostkowski game tying field goal.  No penalty called.  Game is over.  Time to move on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I don't really believe that N-A-S is dumb - I think he's simply playing the contrarian, which, from what I've seen, he plays much more often than not.  

Not my place to question his intelligence or whether or not he's a Pats fan, but his posts speak for themselves with respect to being contrary and I say that with all due respect.

Not a contrarian, ATJ.  I just don't get blinded by fandom. 

No, I'm not dumb and yes, I'm a huge Pats fan!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

The Jets did it on the Gostkowski game tying field goal.  No penalty called.  Game is over.  Time to move on.

And the Patriots did it against the Saints, no penalty was called.  The Ravens did it against the Dolphins, no penalty was called.  This just in, not all infractions are flagged.  Some flags that are thrown, it's hard to see where the penalty was.  Welcome to the world of sports. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

The pats cheated, they got caught.  blame the opposing coach or the refs.  some people are introverted, some are extroverted.  This thread shows some of the personality traits of the characters on this board.  and yes, it happens all the time, coaches tell refs that number so and so is holding every play.  To say that it is "fair" to go to that player and say coach said you are holding every play so I am going to be watching for it more so now "well, thats, like, your opinion, man." ~Dude Lebowski

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

and to say that REX is unqualified as a HC, look at your own HC of the NEP.  What was his record his first 5 years as HC of the CBs?  What is his record without Tommy Terrific?  Yeah, keep throwing those stones...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to WeDerrWEDAT's comment:

The pats cheated, they got caught.  blame the opposing coach or the refs.  some people are introverted, some are extroverted.  This thread shows some of the personality traits of the characters on this board.  and yes, it happens all the time, coaches tell refs that number so and so is holding every play.  To say that it is "fair" to go to that player and say coach said you are holding every play so I am going to be watching for it more so now "well, thats, like, your opinion, man." ~Dude Lebowski

Right....  HOLding penalties are exactly like a brand new rule that was tweaked at one time and was observed to have happened but HAD ZERO CONSEQUENCE  such as a blocked kick or injury of any kind. 

In other words the ONLY PURPOSE of the comments was to "catch " the team and get a competitve advantage of a 15 yard penalty and first down.  ITS EXACTLY LIKE A TURNOVER ON A MISSED KICK....!

THis is beyond ridiculous that the rule hands a turnover to a team on a non consequential violation.  Guys have their heads knocked off and its 15 yards but you don't hand the ball to the other team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

WeDerrWEDAT: This thread shows some of the personality traits of the characters on this board.

And your personality trait is an obnoxious Jets troll on a Patriots forum.  Christ, go to a Jets thread.  You're not welcome here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Simple fact, dont cheat and you cant get caught.

Coolaide, so it would have been okay to throw the flag if a player was injured due to BB skirting the rules?

DNSOTP, just take your medicine.  I aint crushing it up and putting it in applesauce for you.  Rex has done more with less this year.  BB the HC was outcoached.  BB the GM should be ashamed of what he has surrounded TB with on offense.  Your window is closing, I for one, cannot wait to usher in the Ryan Mallet era of the Pasts. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Just what we need, DNSOTP as the the welcome police?^^

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to WeDerrWEDAT's comment:

Right....  HOLding penalties are exactly like a brand new rule that was tweaked at one time and was observed to have happened but HAD ZERO CONSEQUENCE  such as a blocked kick or injury of any kind. 

In other words the ONLY PURPOSE of the comments was to "catch " the team and get a competitve advantage of a 15 yard penalty and first down.  ITS EXACTLY LIKE A TURNOVER ON A MISSED KICK....!

THis is beyond ridiculous that the rule hands a turnover to a team on a non consequential violation.  Guys have their heads knocked off and its 15 yards but you don't hand the ball to the other team.

Brand new 7 games ago. 

Here's a link for you for all those BRAND NEW RULES in 2013.  How long into the season are the refs suppose to warn the players all game long?   I think they called the hitting with the crown in week 1.  Was that one a big problem for you?

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/8/4594316/nfl-rule-changes-2013

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Just like Polian/Dungy with an 8-8 team at best, he made sure refs would flag Pats. No wonder he called for a 56 yarder which had no chance of going through. If the league had integrity, the entire ref crew would be fired and Rex would be suspended a game and fined.

It's my understanding, the Jets (and every other team) meet with the refs before each game to discuss rule infractions.  Rumor has it, it was Rob Ryan who passed on to Rex - about Patriot tendencies.

The point being, it sounds like all the teams do this.

plus, the game should never had been this close anyway.  Patriots blew a lead. There is really not much of a story here.  time to move on

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Just like Polian/Dungy with an 8-8 team at best, he made sure refs would flag Pats. No wonder he called for a 56 yarder which had no chance of going through. If the league had integrity, the entire ref crew would be fired and Rex would be suspended a game and fined.

It's my understanding, the Jets (and every other team) meet with the refs before each game to discuss rule infractions.  Rumor has it, it was Rob Ryan who passed on to Rex - about Patriot tendencies.

the distinction that people are missing is that...    collusion to get a flag for a competitive advantage , is different than collusion to uphold the rule by preventing the violation from happening....  or at least doing due diligence to inform both teams of all such collusion before a game. 

The absence of this sharing of all such collusion and allowing the secrets to exist between referrees and coaches ESPECIALLY on a new rule is the blatant violation by the league.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

the distinction that people are missing is that...    collusion to get a flag for a competitive advantage , is different than collusion to uphold the rule by preventing the violation from happening....  or at least doing due diligence to inform both teams of all such collusion before a game. 

The absence of this sharing of all such collusion and allowing the secrets to exist between referrees and coaches ESPECIALLY on a new rule is the blatant violation by the league.

You are constantly referring to the "new rule".  Every rule is valid.  When it was written is irrelevant.

Why would Coach A want an infraction to be prevented?  He wants it to happen so he can advance the ball.

You're thinking of a father and son game of checkers.  This is the NFL.

The Pats broke the rule.  They got flagged for it.  That's all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Collusion?  It sounds like you are speculating that there was some kind of agreement made.  But between who?  And about what?  And what are these secrets?  Are you under the impression that this rule was secret?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

+10

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

+10

plus 10 whats?

Sections
Shortcuts