It's only the end of a season not the end of the world.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

It's only the end of a season not the end of the world.

After many heartbreaks following our beloved teams, each heartbreaking loss seems to take less and less of a toll for me.  This doesn't mean that they don't su---ck.  It only means these types of losses su---ck less.

My first sports fan heartbreak was the 1967 World Series.  After the Red Sox finished 9 out of 10 in the American League, (The Yankees finished 10th  :) The Red Sox won the AL Pennant in 1967.  They took the Cardinals to the 7th Game and lost the Series 3 - 4.  Pain.

Then there was the Red Sox again in the 1975 World Series after Fisk won Game 6 with a dramatic home run against the Reds in the Bottom of the ninth to tie the series at 3 - 3.  Game seven ended with a bloop single by chatterbox Joe Morgan in the top of the ninth scoring Griffy.  Sox put up a goose egg in the bottom half and it was ova.  Pain.

But back to the Patriots that arguably in 1976 had one of the most talented teams in Patriot history.  They lose to the Raiders in the playoffs on a super bogus roughing the passer call on Hamilton.  That one really hurt.

And again the Red Sox in the famous tragedy of 1978 and !@#$%^ing Bucky Dent.  Enough said on this one.  Awful.

We had a double whammy in 1978 when the Pats got smoked by the Oilers in the first round.  I think that was the year Fairbanks decided to go to Colorado.

1982 Pats lose to the Dolphins in the First Round.

Finally comes 1985 and the Pats win 3 Playoff Games as a wild card only to get crushed in the Super Bowl 46 to 10.  Numbing Pain.

Then how about the 1986 World Series - Only two names have to mentioned here.  Bill Buckner and Bob Stanley.  OMG

Then there was the 96 SB and the 97 Playoffs.  

From 2001 on it was a different story with the Pats and from 2004 on it was a different story with the Red Sox.

If there is a point here it is that it took me a long time to realize that whether it is the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics or the Bruins, these teams are here for my enjoyment.   When they win, I'm allowed long lasting warm and fuzzys.  When they lose I can feel sh-----ty about it but only for a day and then I've got to move on.  

Life is waaaaay too short to do anything differently.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: It's only the end of a season not the end of the world.

This IS 2012....  the end is near!  I saw the movie!!  LOL  (-;

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

can u give us the spoiler to the movie?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to Re: It's only the end of a season not the end of the world.:
    This IS 2012....  the end is near!  I saw the movie!!  LOL  (-;
    Posted by agcsbill

LOL

I think I might have surprised a few friends who live in other states who called to cheer me up and found me in relatively good spirits.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Don't go to Vegas or the West Coast....  (-;

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rusty...  and to think... there is another season ahead of us!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Posted by BubbaInHawaii

The end of the world starts with a 38 yard completion to Manningham.....

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts