It's pointless to predict/speculate what the Pats will do

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from grammbo14. Show grammbo14's posts

It's pointless to predict/speculate what the Pats will do

All of us really don't know anything at all. Most of us get our information from what espn, foxsports, etc, tell us and those guys just hype all these players that get us excited but Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are wrong all the time. Compare their mock drafts to the real thing, they aren't even close. Kiper didn't even have Sebastian Vollmer drafted last year. BUT even if you are a scout or an expert at football, you have no idea who the Pats will pick because in the end, Belichick and his boys know stuff we don't because this is their Mother F@#4ing job and it's only our hobby or obsession. We know players by name and from some games and big plays they made...Belichick lives and breathes this kind of stuff everyday, and BTW, if Mel Kiper or Todd McShay knew anything, they would be working for an NFL team...Trust me, it is their dream job.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Re: It's pointless to predict/speculate what the Pats will do

In Response to It's pointless to predict/speculate what the Pats will do:
    All of us really don't know anything at all. Most of us get our information from what espn, foxsports, etc, tell us and those guys just hype all these players that get us excited but Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are wrong all the time. Compare their mock drafts to the real thing, they aren't even close. Kiper didn't even have Sebastian Vollmer drafted last year. BUT even if you are a scout or an expert at football, you have no idea who the Pats will pick because in the end, Belichick and his boys know stuff we don't because this is their Mother F@#4ing job and it's only our hobby or obsession. We know players by name and from some games and big plays they made...Belichick lives and breathes this kind of stuff everyday, and BTW, if Mel Kiper or Todd McShay knew anything, they would be working for an NFL team...Trust me, it is their dream job.  
    Posted by grammbo14

No sir you are absolutely 100 % wrong. I use the psychic hotline!  Surprised

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Posted by grammbo14

Wow, do you go up to kids as they sit on Santa's lap and tell them it's fake and Santa doesn't exist either?

It's the offseason dude and speculation is what we do for fun. It's exciting and a lot of people like to predict what the Pats do, even knowing that they are most likely wrong. That's half the fun seeing if you could be right. All the info we can get for the most part is these experts we read from so our info isn't always the best but it's not like we make the choices anyways. If that's not your cup of tea then how about only visiting the boards during the active part of the season and let people have their fun during the offseason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Santa's fake?!?! What?

And our speculation is pointless? I thought my man love for Brandon Graham was worth something! Sighhhh

In Response to Re: It's pointless to predict/speculate what the Pats will do:
    In Response to It's pointless to predict/speculate what the Pats will do : Wow, do you go up to kids as they sit on Santa's lap and tell them it's fake and Santa doesn't exist either? It's the offseason dude and speculation is what we do for fun. It's exciting and a lot of people like to predict what the Pats do, even knowing that they are most likely wrong. That's half the fun seeing if you could be right. All the info we can get for the most part is these experts we read from so our info isn't always the best but it's not like we make the choices anyways. If that's not your cup of tea then how about only visiting the boards during the active part of the season and let people have their fun during the offseason.
    Posted by PatsEng

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

ROFL, nice Rock, and no your man crush on Graham isn't pointless. The restraining order proves it was worth something, though we're still trying to figure out what

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

False.

I love the speculation, especially when it comes to the draft. I only know the major players in the draft whereas many contributors to this forum know all about 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round prospects, which is great reading for a guy like me who doesn't keep up with the draft to that level. When I come here, I get to read about the possibilities based on what other people think and research. If for nothing else, it makes the off-season go by faster, or so it seems to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

False. I love the speculation, especially when it comes to the draft. I only know the major players in the draft whereas many contributors to this forum know all about 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round prospects, which is great reading for a guy like me who doesn't keep up with the draft to that level. When I come here, I get to read about the possibilities based on what other people think and research. If for nothing else, it makes the off-season go by faster, or so it seems to me.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Oh No, dont read into the possibilities, you'll go nutz!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It's sportive to predict/speculate what the Pats will do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

you're right, but its still a fun way to stay involved in football and football talk during the offseason. and its also interesting to follow the careers of players that you were praying the pats would pick (and you are right that no one ever gets their picks right, so inevitably none of us gets the player we were hoping for - and often thats a good thing). i remember being really disappointed that we didnt get the big D tackle sullivan and were stuck with ty warren instead. interesting how that played out. same with gerrard warren the year we got stuck drafting richard seymour. and last year we heard and discussed so much about the USC LB's...i think its been kind of fun to follow them even though they ended up on different teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Oh and by the way, I DO tell kids their is no santa clause...the look on their faces is priceless.
    Posted by grammbo14

LMAO Im gonna try that

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Listen BB Has a plan. He knows who he wants to move up and down for. If he stays put he has who he would take as option # 1, option # 2 and so on. BB Can draft well but he also has his share of busts. If you are on a BB Team around the draft you better watch your back unless BB Really loves the way you play. BB Does the unthinkable and unpopular because he can and he will if he thinks it is for the good of the team. The draft is fun and exciting but BB Is a mystery when it comes to who he is targeting and that has us all hooked.

Bring on the draft

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

If there were no speculation, predicting, second guessing, or coaching from the sofa....there would be no board :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

Posted by grammbo14

Het grambo; I disagree; it's fun to speculate and that is all it is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Listen BB Has a plan. He knows who he wants to move up and down for. If he stays put he has who he would take as option # 1, option # 2 and so on. BB Can draft well but he also has his share of busts. If you are on a BB Team around the draft you better watch your back unless BB Really loves the way you play. BB Does the unthinkable and unpopular because he can and he will if he thinks it is for the good of the team. The draft is fun and exciting but BB Is a mystery when it comes to who he is targeting and that has us all hooked.

Well said. None of us have any idea what BB will do. Sure, its frustrating when he drafts people and we've never heard of them but in the end the mystery is part of the reason we love the Pats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

speculation is what makes the offseason fun I agree. Don't stop just because you will proabably be wrong......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by grammbo14

Grammbo, I agree with you to the extent that BB and any NFL HC has more football knowledge in their little fingers that all of us fans put together. It just makes me laugh when I see comments like "BB  is stupid"  or "drafting so-and-so is retarded" etc. But basically, I think we all realize that BB and company are the experts and we're amatuers at best. Except maybe for mbeaulieu. He seems to know everything about every college prospect. I think he has his own shouts and draft war-room set up.

But, its still fun and educational for us amatuers to analyze needs and speculate on picks. I've read the bios, comments and combine numbers out there on dozens of guys I've never seen play college ball, guys who seem likely targets for the pats in the draft.

Everyone has their opinion and this is a discussion board. Where's the harm in that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to It's pointless to predict/speculate what the Pats will do : Grammbo, I agree with you to the extent that BB and any NFL HC has more football knowledge in their little fingers that all of us fans put together. It just makes me laugh when I see comments like "BB  is stupid"  or "drafting so-and-so is retarded" etc. But basically, I think we all realize that BB and company are the experts and we're amatuers at best. Except maybe for mbeaulieu . He seems to know everything about every college prospect. I think he has his own shouts and draft war-room set up. But, its still fun and educational for us amatuers to analyze needs and speculate on picks. I've read the bios, comments and combine numbers out there on dozens of guys I've never seen play college ball, guys who seem likely targets for the pats in the draft. Everyone has their opinion and this is a discussion board. Where's the harm in that?
    Posted by unclealfie

unclealfie,
    Thanks for the kind words.  I just try to do as much research (any scouting reports, live games/games tape/video, articles etc., that I can find) as I can on a specific player (including great insight/feedback from other posters on BDC) and project them based off the info I've digested and an undertanding of the Patriot's preferences, draft history and need. I'm just a casual fan who loves draft talk and research.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: It's pointless to predict/speculate what the Pats will do : unclealfie, Thanks for the kind words.  I just try to do as much research (any scouting reports, live games/games tape/video, articles etc., that I can find) as I can on a specific player (including great insight/feedback from other posters on BDC) and project them based off the info I've digested and an undertanding of the Patriot's preferences, draft history and need. I'm just a casual fan who loves draft talk and research.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I think this pre-draft time is the most interesting part of the off-season for sure. The first thing I'm doing every AM is to check all the sites for the latest draft rumors, ups and downs, etc.! I'm looking forward to seeing how many (or if any)  on my personal wish list end up as actual pats draft picks. That and seeing what draft day surprises BB has up his sleeve this year!  

I do appreciate your sharing your research. Your posts are well thought out and researched, when many others seem to just regurgitate what's been posted on other blogs. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

During the draft last year, I would check the Pats or Mike Reiss' twitter page for up to the second updates. They had Pats picks and trades several minutes before they were up on ESPN. I recommend that to you fellow draft junkies. I love the draft and love even more how stacked we are with picks this year.

Sections
Shortcuts