its sad to see how dumb our fans are

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

its sad to see how dumb our fans are

this is a few days old...but readint the grades you gave our players on espn boston as well as who we want to keep or let go its amazing....

NO i dont want ihedegbho back he was always torched........or shaun ellis! or och cinco! come on guys we had a bad d and lost in a win able superbowl we need to make improvements...

Also on the grades how on earth did mcourty the worst cb get a C....guys r stupid
    even mayo got an A...i love the guy but hes not a playmakes like spikes whose eons better

now ik i ranted a little but but the moral is we have some dumb fans and we need to make some serious improvements for next year

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: its sad to see how dumb our fans are

In Response to Re: its sad to see how dumb our fans are:
    In Response to its sad to see how dumb our fans are : well it's nice to see one of you finally admit it! 
    Posted by JintsFan

Ouch.................Some

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to its sad to see how dumb our fans are:
    this is a few days old...but readint the grades you gave our players on espn boston as well as who we want to keep or let go its amazing.... NO i dont want ihedegbho back he was always torched........or shaun ellis! or och cinco! come on guys we had a bad d and lost in a win able superbowl we need to make improvements... Also on the grades how on earth did mcourtytheworst cb get a C....guys r stupid even mayo got an A...i love the guy but hes not a playmakes like spikes whose eons better now ik i ranted a little but but the moral is we have some dumb fans and we need to make some serious improvements for next year
    Posted by Bspikes55

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    YUP, very sad!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

it's sad to see someone who thinks he's smarter than anyone else, generalize that pats fans are dumb based on comments made by a very small section of the pats fan pop.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

actually given how high the literacy rates are in Mass I would venture to guess that our overall fan base has much higher literacy rates than some other NFL teams....it would be intereting to see if someone has done a study. 

I won't take your post personally as I didn't participate in the survey. Let's assume for the sake of your argument that our fans are dumb. How does that change anything in your life in any way? Is dumb contagious? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Spikes is not as good as Mayo - Mayo has been way more consistent in the pass AND run and not had any of the off field drama for a lot longer period of time. Spikes finished strong, let's just see how he does next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

it's sad to see someone who thinks he's smarter than anyone else, generalize that pats fans are dumb based on comments made by a very small section of the pats fan pop.
    Posted by seattlepat70

I couldn't have said it better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

I must admit there are long periods of time that you do not even know Mayo is out on the field. At least with Spikes you know when he is out there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The Pats are so hated that other teams fans come onto sights like ESPN
    (Boston isn't it's own separate site so the links are still connected) and vote negatively on any poll about the Pats regardless of content. Heck we even see it on Boston.com, NYer's coming on and voting in polls against whatever the poll is. I wouldn't read into anything any poll says, esp one from an ESPN site

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Posted by seattlepat70

I think what's sad is someone calling others "dumb" when they seem to have the writing skills of a 4th grader. Perhaps one should at least appear "smart" if they are going to go off and call others "dumb"??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Sorry about the bad grammar, lets try to stick to the point if we bring back the same shitty team were going to loose and Spikes is way betetr than mayo....mayo makes the tackle 4 yards down the field...... Spikes cna actually make a big play i would mind deon back is a 5th wr.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I wouldn't say they are a shitty team. I mean we were a couple plays from winning the SB. The most important thing is every starter (with the exception of the ones you'd want to replace anyways) are coming back next year. The core of team will still be intact with plenty of cap space to add a couple weapons on both sides of the ball and  enough ammo in the draft that even if only 40% of the top 3 rounds turn into contributers next year would still greatly improve the team. Add to that an upgrade at the O coor and hopefully the additions of basically the entire draft last year we should only improve. This is on top of other teams like GB, Hou, Pit, NJY, among others have cap concerns and will be losing players. We're in a great position to add to a SB caliber team without any major subtractions so we're just going to have to wait to see how it turns out. I will be pissed though if they use all that cap space to spend on low-mid teir players and trade back in the draft for value. Esp considering how close we were to a SB

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Sign Welker
    Get Floyd
    Become more balanced, and mix up the predictable formations.

Draft a OLB or DE with the 1st pick...then get a DB with the other first round pick.

Round 2, get a big nasty safety....and then another beast OL.

Just those few additions could be all it takes....

But if I had to bet on what BB does in the draft, he'll pick another TE with the first pick!! LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to its sad to see how dumb our fans are:
    this is a few days old...but readint the grades you gave our players on espn boston as well as who we want to keep or let go its amazing.... NO i dont want ihedegbho back he was always torched........or shaun ellis! or och cinco! come on guys we had a bad d and lost in a win able superbowl we need to make improvements... Also on the grades how on earth did mcourty the worst cb get a C....guys r stupid even mayo got an A...i love the guy but hes not a playmakes like spikes whose eons better now ik i ranted a little but but the moral is we have some dumb fans and we need to make some serious improvements for next year
    Posted by Bspikes55

And as with all you 'experts' the solution is???? Don't tell me let me guess. Dump anyone having an off year and bring in huge contract high profile free agents on the hope that they will perform in return for busting the salary cap.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to its sad to see how dumb our fans are : And as with all you 'experts' the solution is???? Don't tell me let me guess. Dump anyone having an off year and bring in huge contract high profile free agents on the hope that they will perform in return for busting the salary cap.
    Posted by glenr

There is some sense to that Evil

For instance why not dump Wright and Ocho? Ocho had an off year and Wright is more of for his own health decision.

Also we need impact players and you have to spend money in order to get those types of players. I don't think you need to go crazy spending but you can't tell me getting a top end FS wouldn't help and also wouldn't break the bank.

There is a balance you can stick to releasing under performing players and signing higher priced FA's. The Pats have set themselves up well to do both this year as the under performing players aren't core players or starters while leaving themselves enough cap room to make a couple of splashes if they wanted to and add much needed top end talent to the team

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Keep in mind, BSpikes.. these are "fan" opinions!  Many may be borne out of a dislike for a particular player, a perceived lack of quality play based on the fan's expectations or just a knee jerk reaction.  Haven't we always wondered what the BB brain trust saw in a particular player to sign them onto the squad?  I'd have to say that BB and his group have much more "beneficial" information about a player than a fan who has to cull their info from blogs, stats, other opinions etc.  If life was perfect, the Pats would bat 1.000 on every player they put on the squad, right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Sorry about the bad grammar, lets try to stick to the point if we bring back the same shitty team were going to loose and Spikes is way betetr than mayo....mayo makes the tackle 4 yards down the field...... Spikes cna actually make a big play i would mind deon back is a 5th wr.
    Posted by Bspikes55

Is this the real Brandon Spikes trying to get a raise out of BB?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

A thread with a title like this one is sure to be a barn burner and in general completely irrelevant, so enjoy!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I wouldn't say they are a shitty team. I mean we were a couple plays from winning the SB. The most important thing is every starter (with the exception of the ones you'd want to replace anyways) are coming back next year. The core of team will still be intact with plenty of cap space to add a couple weapons on both sides of the ball and  enough ammo in the draft that even if only 40% of the top 3 rounds turn into contributers next year would still greatly improve the team. Add to that an upgrade at the O coor and hopefully the additions of basically the entire draft last year we should only improve. This is on top of other teams like GB, Hou, Pit, NJY, among others have cap concerns and will be losing players. We're in a great position to add to a SB caliber team without any major subtractions so we're just going to have to wait to see how it turns out. I will be pissed though if they use all that cap space to spend on low-mid teir players and trade back in the draft for value. Esp considering how close we were to a SB
    Posted by PatsEng

I don't agree with what Mr Intelligence first posted, but it IS sad that Pats fans, at least MOST of the "real" ones, have yet to associate any part of the recent SB defeat at the feet of #12. Too many poor throws, both over and under, and poor decisions (the chunker to Gronk for an INT). He didn't play this bad in crucial moments back in 2001!!!

Think he's buying into Mrs #12's Prayer Chain? Anyone else besides me see how much better he was before marrying Mrs #12?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: its sad to see how dumb our fans are : There is some sense to that Evil For instance why not dump Wright and Ocho? Ocho had an off year and Wright is more of for his own health decision. Also we need impact players and you have to spend money in order to get those types of players. I don't think you need to go crazy spending but you can't tell me getting a top end FS wouldn't help and also wouldn't break the bank. There is a balance you can stick to releasing under performing players and signing higher priced FA's. The Pats have set themselves up well to do both this year as the under performing players aren't core players or starters while leaving themselves enough cap room to make a couple of splashes if they wanted to and add much needed top end talent to the team
    Posted by PatsEng

Ocho had an off year

Uh, Ocho didn't have ANY year. I don't want to believe that, after being cut by two teams, BB looked at Victor Cruz's availability and said, "We got Ocho for $6MM; we're better off." 

What a complete waste of roster space and money.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: its sad to see how dumb our fans are : Ocho had an off year   Uh, Ocho didn't have ANY year. I don't want to believe that, after being cut by two teams, BB looked at Victor Cruz's availability and said, "We got Ocho for $6MM; we're better off."  What a complete waste of roster space and money.
    Posted by AZPAT

Hence why I want to cut Ocho

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I like Spikes and Mayo as a tandem. Spikes has improved significantly; many thought he would be a one-dimensional two down 'backer when he was drafted, however he continues to improve in coverage. I am not going to get goaded into the Mayo vs. Spikes theme of this thread. Both make huge contributions. The issue is the Pats don't have a guy that can set the edge/be a pass rusher (at weakside OLB). This is why I think drafting a guy like Hightower (high football IQ and can play OLB)is a good idea. The weak link in the Pats D is not Mayo or Spikes it's a sustained pass rush and a better secondary.  If we draft a guy like Hightower we could see a better assortment of blitz packages and disguised blitzes from the D. Also note that while Mayo is faster than Spikes, both LBs have a very high football IQ and generally make good reads. Again all three could be used in 3-4 or 4-3 defense. BB likes verstility in his LBs.

Another thing that bothers me is missed tackles or head tackles as oppposed leg tackles. You simply aren't going to a guy like Maurice Jones-Drew with head tackles. Too many guys look for the big hit when they should just wrap up

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: its sad to see how dumb our fans are : I don't agree with what Mr Intelligence first posted, but it IS sad that Pats fans, at least MOST of the "real" ones, have yet to associate any part of the recent SB defeat at the feet of #12. Too many poor throws, both over and under, and poor decisions (the chunker to Gronk for an INT). He didn't play this bad in crucial moments back in 2001!!! Think he's buying into Mrs #12's Prayer Chain? Anyone else besides me see how much better he was before marrying Mrs #12?
    Posted by AZPAT

What I see is a QB trying to do too much!  Look at some of the stuff he is doing.  I wonder, if Brady could trust his D to KEEP a lead, would we see a different player?  Manning pretty much did the same thing. didn't he in the playoffs?  Yet, we are crucifying Brady.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Spikes looked terrible on that final TD by the Giants. He can hardly move and can't get off blocks.

Sections
Shortcuts